September 23, 2014 | 1407 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Frost - Angel

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2010 1:52:00 AM More reviews by BunnyIrene

I bought into the hype and was pretty disappointed with this one. So far I've loved all the MAC lipsticks I have been purchasing my favourite one so far is Lovelorn and a close second is Fanfare. Angel is just a nice pink lipstick there isn't anything really special to it. It'll be the only frost MAC lipstick I'll be purchasing. My lips a very pigmented and this lipstick makes it become a nice light pink, but nothing drastic like Viva Glam Gaga. This is a wearable everyday no fuss lipstick, and if you have less pigmented lips it will show up a nice healthy pink on your lips. It's a nice pink lipstick to have if you don't have anything like that in your collection...which funnily enough I don't so it's a nice addition.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2010 9:58:00 PM More reviews by blueberryfrost

I've only been using MAC lipsticks since last month, but I am really impressed so far. Anyway, Angel is almost the same shade as my natural lip color, except it's slightly more pink. It's definitely MLBB on me, it is very subtle and natural. Almost can't even tell I'm wearing lipstick, but the subtlety is great for daily wear. It is really not very frosty at all, Angel just has a barely-there silver shimmer. A bit drying but not too bad. Overall, I am loving MAC lippies. And the vanilla scent is YUMMY. EDIT 12.10.10 ~ I am lowering my rating from 5 to 3. I have noticed this lipstick makes my lips look dry and flaky, even though they are not. I apply lip balm and exfoliate my lips regularly so they are quite smooth. This lipstick gives my lips a splotchy and uneven appearance...it makes it look like i have gross clumps on my lips, not attractive. On the occasions where it does apply smoothly, it looks really beautiful. I probably wouldn't repurchase though, I can find similar colors in other brands that won't look weird when applied :(

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2010 4:16:00 PM More reviews by wonderhj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like it even if I don't reach for it enough. On my lips, you can't really tell the difference between Mac Angel or Mac Please Me. I guess Please Me has a more matte application but other than, if I had Please Me on my upper lip and Angel on the bottom, people couldn't tell that I was wearing two different shades.

I always get compliments from my boyfriend when i wear Clinique's Peach Plump gloss over this lippie.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2010 5:08:00 PM More reviews by angelixia07

I'm an NC25 and generally warm undertones and this is the palest coolish pink I can pull off. Really, its not a super cool pink like say St. Germain but it is a pale pink with a sheen. I never tried this on before b/c I was afraid of a frosty pale pink aka Pam Anderson but no, its not "frosty" like I thought, just a easy to wear, not super opaque pale pink with a sheen that a warm toned girl can wear. Btw the two pictures up there where the color looks like a fuchsia is really inaccurate, angel looks nothing like that.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2010 4:14:00 PM More reviews by sspinosa

I really wanted to like this lipstick! There was so much hype regarding Angel because of Kim K..I have the same coloring as she does so why is this lipstick not working for me? I know that she pairs it with Turkish Delight from Nars. So, does TD completely change the color of this lippie? If not, this lipstick is just not for my skintone. It's appearance is too barbie-ish and looks cheap for some reason. Lady gaga lipstick on the other hand work for me and it's even more pink...go figure? No make sense LOL. I didn't have a problem with the formula however, it went on nice and creamy and was not drying for me. Also, I cannot see any frost in this lipstick at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2010 3:16:00 PM More reviews by supersophie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Adore this colour! I purchased because I'd heard this was a nude/baby pink, which it isn't! And I'm glad it's not..
It's just a lighter colour than my natural lip colour - it's a beautiful mid toned pink, really creamy and of course that beautiful typical MAC vanilla scent! Only con is the 12.50 price tag :(
This doesn't seem like a frost to me though, more like a cremesheen..

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2010 11:41:00 PM More reviews by maebrake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Makes an amazing nude lip paired with MACs stripdown liner! one of my favorites! I also like the new Cruella Devil nude lipstick paired with MACs Oak liner :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2010 11:38:00 PM More reviews by suusuu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love the scent, i love the texture, this is pretty long lasting and the color (if i wear it properly) looks really sexy on my lips...however for some reason i feel like it makes my lips look dry? i do not know if this is just me or if there is something i can do to make my lips look softer when i am wearing this..besides brushing off my dead skin and applying moisturizer which i already do..

i like this alot and i do not use it very often, plus a little goes a long way, i probably will not repurchase it

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2010 9:28:00 AM More reviews by Nesmae

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Really disappointed in this product. I gave into the hype (and the persuasion of the MAC sales assistant) hoping it would be the perfect pink colour. It looks so pretty in the tube and when you swatch it, but it just doesn't suit my skintone. I'm Asian with yellow undertones and it seems like it blends into the colour of my skin and makes my lips look smaller and less noticeable - hardly complements them. Also, it accentuates the cracks in my lips and makes them look ghoulish and an unhealthy pale shade. What's worse is the Frost finish is so drying! My lips crack within minutes. I would never wear this on its own - I have to put a darker lip gloss over it to even consider going out. Having said that, I hardly use it anyway. No thank you, Angel.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2010 5:14:00 PM More reviews by beccababesx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This for me is an average lipstick, nothing special, easily dupeable by most brands and although I will finish it, I won't repurchase.
This shows up quite dark on my lips, like a pinker MLBB shade (NC30), which is odd as it is generally reviewed as make it seem like a baby pink. It is definitely a noticeable lipstick, not nude or natural at all. That being said, I love mixing it with Myth l/s, Creme D'Nude l/s, or C-Thru l/g to lighten it up.
Lovely formula (frost), moisturizing, quite long-lasting, and although it is a frost finish, it seems to have barely any frost at all.