Avene Thermal Water

4.2

Bicarbonate 226.7 mg/l, Silica 10.6 mg/l, Calcium 42.7 mg/l, Magnesium 21.2 mg/l, Selenium <5 microgr/l, Zinc 20 microgr/l, Copper <5 microgr/l. Dry residue mineral content 207 mg/l. Neutral pH 7.5

on 2/26/2011 2:35:00 AM

I initially used this a number of years ago and didn't think much of it. I repurchased it quite recently after my skin became quite irritated and red due to an overuse of glycolic acid and I love it. It really helps calm my skin. We are currently having one of the hottest summers on record in Australia and this has been a skin-saver for me. It helps cool my face down, it's refereshing, helps my irritated red skin and helps my moisturiser sink in better. I love it and would recommend it to anyone, especially someone in a hot climate. I keep it in the fridge so it stays cool and gives me that extra 'refreshing' kick when I spray it on my face. A definite repurchase, even though it is a tad bit pricey for what it is and how long it last, although I think I used it too often (around 4-5 times a day nowadays in this heat).

on 2/25/2011 7:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

It's brilliant.

I know there is criticism about the fact that because the water is pressurised, it's not good for your skin (free radicals) but in my case, there are too many benefits in using this to bother worrying about it.

Spraying onto my skin after a shower is like the "ahhh" feeling you get after drinking your first gulp of ice cold water on a hot day. My skin get very tight and dry after a shower or cleansing before bed and this helps my moisturiser sink in properly.

I've tried the Laroche Posay version, and I think this one is much better. The mist is finer and the spay is wider. Here in the UK, the Avene is cheaper also (by a few pence, but still).

I just wish I started using it sooner rather than later!

PS: I admit though, it is very expensive for what it is. But, it works and, with it, I need to use less moisturiser. In the long run, it's worth it. Still...come on Avene, it's water...!!

on 2/22/2011 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this product for a little over a month and I like it a lot, but I'm not sure I can say I love it. It does seem to calm my skin a bit and when I spray it on before my moisturizer it does keep my skin more hydrated. The price is not to outrageous so I will probably buy this again.

on 2/11/2011 2:39:00 PM

It doesn't moisturize nor does it tones. Because it's not meant to. It's meant to calm irritated skin after reacting to certain irritants or after shaving and changing of environment. It really calms my flushed face a lot and you know it when a product feels good on your skin and you know that it's helping you.
It's exactly what Avene's Thermal water does to me everytime. As for if I would repurchase, I ALWAYS repurchase it. :)

on 2/9/2011 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love Avene especially Eluage, the tinted sunscreen (only one w/green hue that looks natural on me, also the body oil etc), and have had the spray several times since it came with some gift packs I got. I just don't find anything special about it other than its hard to find a misting bottle that sprays as fine a mist as this does. If I could, plain old bottled spring water would be better for me. So when I have this in a set I use it to set my mu, but otherwise use spring water in a regular spray bottle though its sloppier.

I hoped this would help my very reactive skin since I moved and now deal with hard water, my skin is always red. But nada, zip, just plain old water to me.

on 2/4/2011 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

It is just water, to be honest. So there won't be any magic, but it does calm the skin down. I use it as a toner in the morning and after moisturizer (from Avène aswell) my make up actually looks a lot better after a long day.
Since it's quite cheap (10€ in Finland), you won't feel ripped off if you don't like it.

on 1/20/2011 4:44:00 AM

personally didn't experience anything good or bad with this product. just made me feel good using it. ?_?

on 12/24/2010 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this product and I use it for many reasons, and have done so the past three years.

I spray it during the day to refresh my face, and during the summer to calm it.

Sometimes I have a wish to quickly dry out some areas of skin due to breakouts, and then this product works wonderfully after I've used my other alcoholic products (Exuviance) and makes sure my skin does not stay irritated.

I've also used this to soothe my skin from sunburn etc. and I can definitely feel some relief!

Packaging is good, and product long-lasting.

on 12/22/2010 2:48:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've bought several bottles of this. Eversince I started using retin-A in combination with dianetter (diane-35/minerva-35) depending on which country you're from. Retin-A still causes occasional flakes and dianette reduces oil production.

I found that if I spray this on after I washed my face followed with hydrance optimale riche my skin feels and stays more hydrated.

on 12/18/2010 12:17:00 AM

This is good, because it is essentially just water and water can only be so bad, but not great.
I've been using thermal waters religously every day for the past 4 years. I've tried this, as well as the La Roche Posay and Vichy thermal waters, and this one is definately last on my list.
LRP was by far the best and most effective for my skin, over time, i found it actually improved the quality of my skin texture. Vichy came in close second, but I found it a bit too salty.
Avene feels and has the results of putting normal tap water on my skin. Definately try LRP or Vichy first.

Popular Face Skincare Products