December 18, 2014 | 1656 users online

Eyeliner - Lancome - Artliner

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2009 10:58:00 AM More reviews by danapop

It's identical to L'Oreal's Lineur Intense, so no need to pay triple the price. I've been using liquid eyeliners (for every day makeup) for longer than 10 years - this one is pretty ok, but not perfect - and definetely not "the one". I don't find the applicator very *user friendly*. Oh, yes, ans it flakes as no other I've used before... Why is it so expensive then?! Well, I think I'll return to the cheap Nivea or Rimmel liners for a while - just to have it verified that the expensive products I've been using the last years are worth the price. :-) Or not.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2009 12:30:00 AM More reviews by VividGypsy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First let me say that I used to work for Lancome for many years! I love alot of their products. However, since I no longer get my items free or discounted it is so hard to get myself to pay full price. =( LOL! Anyway... I love the Artliners. They are so easy to use and stay on ALL day. Only problem I found with them is if your eyes water or get a drop of water on them... forget it. The Liner will disappear when touched by water. Other then that they are easy to use. I just wish they had more unique colors. They used to have a lime greenish gold Artliner that was a limited edition and it was my absolute favorite but it is discontinued now.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2009 11:04:00 PM More reviews by kaymit90

I absolutely love this liquid liner. I've tried the MAC liquid liner and it picks up too much out of the bottle, almost dripping. This one picks up the perfect amount and is the easiest to apply. It gives good control and I can draw a thin or thick line out of this easily. It's expensive and not water proof, so I took off a lippie.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2009 2:24:00 PM More reviews by BrownEyedBeautyJunkie13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeliner, I'm on my 3rd one, soon to get a forth. The felt tip is super easy to use and helps to make precise lines, especially for someone who used to be very liquid eyeliner-challenged, like me. The color is intense and rich (noir) and though it is not waterproof, it lasts for a long time. My HG liquid liner!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2009 2:38:00 PM More reviews by efrey14

I'll keep this short. For almost $30, you get very little product. I mean VERY little product. It takes forever to dry. Tends to flake. Nice applicator, but I like L'oreal's telescopic eyeliner better. There is no way that I will repurchase. For this price, the liner better be AMAZING. This...is not.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2009 4:37:00 PM More reviews by northernwinterlude

For a high end liquid eyeliner this one has some good and bad points. Recently, I decided to give Lancome's Artliner in Noir a try after my current liquid eyeliner from Chanel finished. I currently use both liquid eyeliner and gel liners from some of the other brands. I love to use liquid liners when I'm in a hurry and for days when I don't have time to put my full face of make-up on before I go to work and I will carry my eyeliner, mascara and lip products in my purse and apply them on once I arrive at my workplace. The pros of Lancome's Artliner in Noir is that the colour is not a flat black but has some sheen and slight shimmer. I didn't experience any flaking and the product stayed put on my oily lids. The problems I have with this product is the fact that the felt tip applicator is a bit too thick and I wish it was a bit more smaller. I have to be careful when applying the eyeliner because the line can go on too thick. Another big turn off for me is the amount of product in the tube. This retails in Canada, for about $36.00 and you only get 1.7 mls in the tube. I know this is going to run out quickly and even Chanel's Liquid eyeliner (Ligne Extreme) has more product. You get 4-5 mls in the Chanel tube and plus the applicator tip is better and Chanel's liquid eyeliner dries so much faster.
Another liquid liner that's great is L'Oreal's Lineur Intense in Black. Artliner is one product I will not repurchase, especially when I know there are better and more affordable eyeliners on the market.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2009 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Crista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My favorite eyeliner hands-down! I've tried many, many others, hoping to find something that works just as well for less $$$. I've tried pencils, gels, and other liquids-this it it. This is the only product that I can make a perfect winged eyeliner with.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2009 4:33:00 PM More reviews by vianners

I used Lancome's Artliner liquid eyeliner for about 5 years. My mom, who's been using Lancome for years and years, bought it for me when I first started wearing makeup. Looking back now, I wonder, what the heck was my mom thinking buying me such expensive makeup to play around with? But I'm definitely grateful nonetheless. I thought it was the best stuff in the world even though I didn't have anything else to compare it to. I just knew that it was easy to apply, and made my eyes look pretty! Anyways, about a year ago I stopped buying Artliner and started experimenting with other brands. I realized that there were much better eyeliners out there for 3/4 the price.

What I really love about Artliner is the applicator. It's nice and long, which helps in achieving a beautiful straight line. The thing that I hate and can't stand about it is that it flakes like a mofo! I'm horrible with liquid liner, so I always go over my original line one more time before I'm satisfied. On rare occasions when I can get a perfect line the first time, it's fine. No flaking. Love the applicator, hate the price and flakeyness. Will repurchase when I master the art of applying liquid eyeliner perfectly with one stroke!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2009 12:03:00 PM More reviews by Absolutely

I love this, this does not flake and it's easy to use. Creme, pencil, gel, cake eyeliners don't work for me. Only liquid stays on my lids.
The black unfortunately does not look good on me. Maybe it's because my hair is not actually black so it looks harsh. Brown works for me the best. Will repurchase for sure.

Note: only the black is available in some asian countries.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2009 2:13:00 AM More reviews by hapababy

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought the olive color. Very easy to use, lasts well, and very pretty.