October 2, 2014 | 939 users online

Pressed Powders - New York Color - Pressed Translucent Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2004 7:46:00 AM More reviews by hotpink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVES IT!!! This stuff is Bonne Bells former No Shine powder (in the black compact) reinvented! I'm an NC35 and this definitely works for me. Even though it is light, it blends well. My skin is oily though and usually darkens any powder I use. This powder really mattifies and lasts a long time. I usually reapply after about 5 hours but my skin is very oily. The compact...yuck...but at least it's slim =)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2004 8:07:00 AM More reviews by pure_grace

After my CG powder that I used to powder my face with BROKE (the powder itself broke into little bits and pieces that are hard to carry around...makes dust go everywhere.), I finally decided to buy this. Translucent doesn't make me look like insanely porcelain, but blends into my skin naturally. Controls oil well too. I keep one in my jacket pocket to apply in class and for lip gloss. Packaging seems fragile, though, but it hasn't broke quite yet. :) Me like.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2004 10:44:00 AM More reviews by medeia13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nice product, but flimsy packaging. The powder isn't chalky, doesn't make me break out, and looks completely natural against my skin tone.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2004 2:04:00 PM More reviews by havanadaydreamin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a decent enough powder, especially for the price. I have found that it really is translucent and doesn't cake up on my skin. It does seem to soak up some oil, but all powders do at first. However, it made me break out horribly. I haven't had my face look like this since I was a teenager. So, I have trashed this. Too bad, b/c I liked just paying $2 for a powder instead of $17 for my MAC Blot!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2004 4:11:00 AM More reviews by honeybearkitty

This is a pretty good pressed powder if you can get past the hideous packaging. I'm almost embarrased to take it out of my purse in front of people. But if you can get past that, it is a nice powder. I will try the Jane pressed powder next. But if I don't like it as much I would definitely buy this again because it works to help me control shine throughout the day, and it is so cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2004 6:03:00 PM More reviews by beautyqueen13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Lemme just say, I've found my HG of face powder! I have extremely oily skin and nothing seemed to give me the perfection I demanded. I wanted a pressed face powder that lasts, is easy to tote and apply, doesn't make my face chalky, is cheap, and lasts a long time. I found all of these in my little NYC compact. I've tried numerous other powders. MAC was too chalky and broke the moment I put it in my backpack. Origins All and Nothing loose powder washed out my face and is impossible to pocket. I also tried Natural Rice Dual Wet and Dry which was drying and hard to apply. All of them lasted only an hour or two. When I found the NYC powder at Wal Mart for only $1.79 I thought I'd give it a try. It lasts through the whole day, won't break when I toss it in my pack, and gives me a natural, healthy glow. One warning, the little pink sponge SUCKS so don't use it. I like using a large powder brush so it distributes easily and evenly. I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2004 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Penguin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff plain works! I always have a compact with me. I will not be without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2004 2:11:00 PM More reviews by karralys

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After some experimentation I am quite happy with this little compact. At first I was applying far too much which resulted in quite a cakey effect; now, I swipe the sponge and blow off almost everything that was picked up before patting my shinier areas. Not bad for the price - I keep it as a backup in my desk.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2004 3:59:00 PM More reviews by rustload

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a nice product, especially for the price, but it's a bit too pinky-toned for me. Also, it can be chalky if your skin is dry like mine. I used to love this for its cheap price and mattifying powers, but I'm now a fan of Cornsilk pressed powder which is just a few dollars more, has better packaging, works with my dry skin better and doesn't look chalky.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2004 5:47:00 PM More reviews by GonnaBeARockStar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

A pretty good quality product. Its silky smooth, but can look a bit chalky at times. Controls oil pretty well. I like to use this after blotting with Palladio Rice Paper sheets. The packaging is so ugly though...**UPDATE** I do not like this. Makes me look too chalky and ghastly even when I try to use it sparingly. It doesn't look natural at all. Oh...and I suspect that this may be breaking me out... It does control oil well though.