July 25, 2014 | 935 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2009 5:54:00 PM More reviews by chanel277

In my opinion Chanel has the best foundation in the market end of story.This one I think it's not only chanel's best formulations but also one of the best foundations in the world!I believe the key to find the perfect foundation is to know what you are looking for.So if you have oily or very oily skin,if your skin is acne prone,if you have major "concerns" on your skin that need heavy coverage,if you like matte finish foundations,if you are looking for a water resistant foundation that stays on all day and all night then this foundation ISN'T FOR YOU.This is a beautiful foundation for dryer skins,with satin finish that moisturizes the skin,it's not its job to control oil production,or to be a super matte,opaque foundation.It's job is to moisturize the dry skin,not to set into fine lines and wrinkles and to give to the dry skin a luminous finish.And believe it does the job PERFECT.The color selection is excellent,The packaging so elegant and classy,the texture is like liquid silk,blends more that just easy and gives the most beautiful healthy,glowing finish.Looks very natural and wears very comfortable all day long.The coverage is very buildable you can use just one layer and you will have a very sheer,seamless coverage or you can try a second or even a third layer and you will enjoy full coverage.Plus with this foundation you really have to try extremely hard to look cakey or like you wearing a mask.Gives a wonderful moisturizing finish without any shimmer in it like other foundations.The staying power is very good only if your skin is on the dry side if you have oily skin this will slip off write away.The think that I enjoy the most with this foundation is the fact that I really feel like I m using a skin care product and not just a foundation.Even after I wash my make up off I feels my skin very relaxed and moisturized.I m using this for about 4 years and I never had any kind of problems with it.Never breaks me out,never irritates my skin,never clogs my pores.It blends and looks perfect either I use just my fingers,either I use a sponge,or either I use a foundation brush If you have normal to dry skin this is I think the best option for you I have nothing negative to say about this foundation two thumbs up for chanel

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2009 1:20:00 AM More reviews by desertmom4

I am on a foundation kick again, and prefer a dewy/ glowy look. I have normal/ dry skin, and upon reading the reviews Vitalumiere seemed like what I was looking for. I purchased a bottle in Beige 40 Intensity 2.0 ( MAC NC 30, EL DW Ivory Beige, MUFE F&B 32). First off, the packaging was good as it has a pump, the price was crazy as it costs $54, then again it's Chanel right? The texture of this foundation is a bit runny which was fine as I used my MAC 109 brush to stipple this stuff on. I have redness around the nose and this did cover it up. I would say this foundation is a med coverage, and buildable. Blending was easy, but I felt this foundation has "slip" to it. This concerned me as usually the wear for a foundation with slip is zero! I was right, as even though I used a primer and set w/ powder, if I rubbed my nose I could see the foundation came off where I rubbed. I was so disappointed as I also like my foundation to be long wearing. After I looked this foundation up on the Chanel site, I noticed it is an oil based foundation...a BIG no-no for me. Even though I do not break out easily, this foundation gave me a cystic zit on my left cheek. I really hoped this would have worked out for me, but honestly my MUFE Face and Body gives me the same glowy look while lasting all day ( waterproof) as well as no zits. So, happily I returned it and purchased my lemming of Chanel's Fandago blush ( which is awesome), and I will not purchase Vitalumiere again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2009 12:17:00 AM More reviews by lissie26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Violet

I found my way bacj to MUA after 7 years . I was just reading my reviews of my products from 8 years ago. Looking back, you girls have so much fun and time to wear anything and always look good:) I had no idea what it truly meant to worry about fine lines, or products that didn't work hard to make me look rested and glowing.Now i appreciate Vitalumiere and 5 years ago i hated it. It used to seem so oily ans shiny and orangy. Now my skin has changed and it loos beautiful. I found some left the other day and applied it lightly over a very light moisturizer. I have very dry ,plae skin.It turned out to make me look like it was my own skin but much better. I got a few compliments too. The shade was the 2nd lightest and it gave my super fair skin alittle summer glow.Healthy more than orange. The color of a perfect slight face tan, not too dark, but this toned down all my redness and pink unertones and loooked amazing. I reccomend it to anyone who is looking for a foundation totransform thrit face into what you want to look like. It would be too shiny for anyone with normal skin and it is aimed at skin that needs alittle more help. It is the most shiny foundation but for dry skin it works wonders. Will buy another one .Love the effect a slightly darker
shade than my skin had. Sunkisssed is a good description of their colors. Brings out the best if you need moisture an color.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2009 11:41:00 PM More reviews by dcalbert86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG foundation. I really love the consistency and dewy finish; it really looks beautiful. I use the .8 although it is ever so slightly too dark, but the .5 is much too yellow. I can't find a better foundation. This is for normal/dry skin types and it is oil based. The staying power isn't that great ( pro lumiere is better in that respect) but a little powder helps.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2009 11:52:00 AM More reviews by bellydancerUK

Bought last week - loving so far. I'm pale - NW20 is too dark for me, but I have patches of red on my cheeks and this does not cover completely but is an improvement on the previous foundations I have tried.

UK bought, it was £30 but I got it at Boots and got advantage points plus an extra 350 for a voucher thingy so not too bad, am saving points for next bottle!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2009 10:14:00 AM More reviews by corgi75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked 'no' for "Would I buy this product again" but have to admit i'm undecided - i'm currently on a quest to find my HG foundation. Vitalumiere really has perhaps one of the best finishes on the market, but I have concerns about its colour range (so yellow!), coverage and longevity.

Pro Lumiere's too heavy, Mat Lumiere's too dry, Teint Innocence is too sheer...so it leaves me with Vita. Honestly, the finish is beautiful - its weightless and i'm a person who loathes the feel of makeup on my skin. You really cannot feel this at all, and its very smooth to the touch.

It applies beautifully, blends well, takes a while to set so you have some breathing time to work within. It sits beautifully on pores and fine lines but for me with my redness issues its really a 'maybe'. I so WISH it was perfect. Having said all this, i'm aware that some people use two coats of Vitalumiere to get the coverage they want, but at this price i'm not so sure I want to bother. We'll see :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2009 2:45:00 PM More reviews by ljarigina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product was suggested to me by a make up artist who did my bridal look. For those of you who have dry or combination skin leaning towards dry, this could be the IT. It has a very smooth light texture, which applies easily and does not cake. Light to medium coverage depending on how much you use. Go for the shade lighter then you think, as all Chanel foundations come darker then you would expect. I have the "naturel", but it is at least 2 shades darker tone then my skin, hence I usually blend it with my maybelline airbrush liquid foundation, to achieve that perfect tone.
I have had several compliments on how dewy and beautiful my skin is , since I have started using it. However, it does not last whole day- if I apply in the morning before work, by night time, it has almost vanished. And , yes, it is expensive, but I would concider to buy it again, as the bottle is quite large, and will last me forever.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2009 8:04:00 PM More reviews by melusinafire

I, for one, am in love with this foundation. I use retin-A, and have horrendous dry patches on my cheeks. Every foundation I own emphasizes and even worsens these patches- except for Chanel Vitalumiere.

It's not great coverage, but it does a decent job of evening out your skin tone. CV makes my face feel soft and supple- without any primer! It lends the moisture and color I need to my complexion. When layered, CV creates this heavenly satin finish and glow- something that no other foundation has been able to give me.

I took off one lippie for the staying power. It's seriously lacking in this department. If you put more on, it will last longer- espec. with a light dusting of translucent powder (but I find that this takes away the "glow").

Overall, its pros far outweigh its cons, and I plan on buying it again someday. Since one pump can cover my whole face, I think I have a while before I'll have to shell out $54 again.

What can I say, I love it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2009 5:27:00 PM More reviews by Susanner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This does not wear well at all. I have combo skin (not super oily in the T zone) and it wore off my nose and chin within two hours. It doesn't cover much at all. It's more like a tinted moisturizer than a foundation even with a dusting of powder on top. It isn't stellar in any way. Very average.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2009 9:48:00 AM More reviews by noinoi

I wear the chanel nude or limpide which is similar to prescriptives fresh vellum sisley ivory or kenebo 102 soft ivory.

This is a satiny foundation for women with decent skin. This stuff did break me out in the end and doesn't cover imperfections.

Pretty but will not buy this one again.