December 18, 2014 | 1568 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2009 3:30:00 AM More reviews by mangopancake88

I have clear normal to dry skin and have been wearing this for 1 year.

The colour range is good so there was no problem finding a perfect match for my yellow undertoned skin.

It provides a light to medium coverage and dewy finish and leaves my skin with an even and radiant complexion.

The formula can be built up and is best applied with a foundation brush or sponge.

Unlike the Revlon Colorstay foundations, it is easy to wash off with make up remover and cleanser.

I like the packaging as it has a hygienic pump dispenser which prevents you from applying too much product.

I will not repurchase this again for the following reasons:
* expensive
* it broke me out (given I’ve hardly ever broken out in my life)
* not hydrating enough, only slightly moisturising
* feels sticky on the skin.
* not long lasting and has the tendency to slide off or disappear a few hours after application
* it won’t cover dark scars or spots and dark under eye circles so a concealer will definitely need to be purchased.

I would recommend this to those with normal skin that’s reasonably clear.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2009 9:47:00 PM More reviews by milenacka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this foundation. I bought it in Limpide-Nude intensity 0.5, which is quite light. I've used NARS Balanced Foundation in Deauville in the past, and I find that these two shades are a very close match, and they both perfectly match my skin. I can use this foundation in the summer and winter. I have dry-ish skin, and this is has a lovely dewy finish (which I am a big fan of). The colour stays true. This product doesn't dry out over the day, and my skin always feels good with it on. The coverage is sheer/medium... I use it to even out my skin tone in places. It blends beautifully. I highly recommend this foundation, and I will definitely re-purchase.

Also, the packaging leaves nothing to be desired, it's perfect.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2009 12:50:00 PM More reviews by LovelyNo5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of this the other day. This is possibly the worst foundation I've tried. I just hate it. It feels like plastic on my skin, like my skin can't breathe underneath it, despite the fact that I only applied a thin layer with a sponge. The lightest color, Limpide I believe, turned orange in a matter of minutes. It was sticky and shiny and didn't cover anything. I stuck it out for 20 minutes, then I just had to wash it off. I remember trying the creamy version in the pot a few years ago and I hated that one too.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2009 3:09:00 AM More reviews by almighty_curv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a lovely foundation if it's the right one for your skin type, which for me, it is. It's a lovely dewy foundation, light as feather however for me, the colours are horrendous, very dark and very orange. That said, I have been mixing it with my favourite cream foundation (Givenchy in Exact Dragee) which has gotten too light because we're hitting up summer in Aus and I've been outside for upwards of 4 hours a day. Anyway, been squirting a bit in a an empty pot and squashing it around with my foundation which in my opinion has made an hybrid foundation, so sheer but covering my spots and with a dusting of powder, staying put for 12 hours through high heat and humidity. Will continue to buy this to play with but will only give 4 stars because I would be even happier if they went a hell of a lot paler.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2009 2:32:00 PM More reviews by BeautifyYou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is very good - gives a great finish, smoothes skin quite good over mild scarring, best for drier types or could get a bit of an oil slick. It gives great colour and medium coverage. I find im getting a few spots and i think the foundation may be responsible so it's going to be a no no for every daywear (even though i'm still wearing it as it makes your skin gorge!) Otherwise it's fantastic for special occasions.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2009 5:54:00 PM More reviews by chanel277

In my opinion Chanel has the best foundation in the market end of story.This one I think it's not only chanel's best formulations but also one of the best foundations in the world!I believe the key to find the perfect foundation is to know what you are looking for.So if you have oily or very oily skin,if your skin is acne prone,if you have major "concerns" on your skin that need heavy coverage,if you like matte finish foundations,if you are looking for a water resistant foundation that stays on all day and all night then this foundation ISN'T FOR YOU.This is a beautiful foundation for dryer skins,with satin finish that moisturizes the skin,it's not its job to control oil production,or to be a super matte,opaque foundation.It's job is to moisturize the dry skin,not to set into fine lines and wrinkles and to give to the dry skin a luminous finish.And believe it does the job PERFECT.The color selection is excellent,The packaging so elegant and classy,the texture is like liquid silk,blends more that just easy and gives the most beautiful healthy,glowing finish.Looks very natural and wears very comfortable all day long.The coverage is very buildable you can use just one layer and you will have a very sheer,seamless coverage or you can try a second or even a third layer and you will enjoy full coverage.Plus with this foundation you really have to try extremely hard to look cakey or like you wearing a mask.Gives a wonderful moisturizing finish without any shimmer in it like other foundations.The staying power is very good only if your skin is on the dry side if you have oily skin this will slip off write away.The think that I enjoy the most with this foundation is the fact that I really feel like I m using a skin care product and not just a foundation.Even after I wash my make up off I feels my skin very relaxed and moisturized.I m using this for about 4 years and I never had any kind of problems with it.Never breaks me out,never irritates my skin,never clogs my pores.It blends and looks perfect either I use just my fingers,either I use a sponge,or either I use a foundation brush If you have normal to dry skin this is I think the best option for you I have nothing negative to say about this foundation two thumbs up for chanel

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2009 1:20:00 AM More reviews by desertmom4

I am on a foundation kick again, and prefer a dewy/ glowy look. I have normal/ dry skin, and upon reading the reviews Vitalumiere seemed like what I was looking for. I purchased a bottle in Beige 40 Intensity 2.0 ( MAC NC 30, EL DW Ivory Beige, MUFE F&B 32). First off, the packaging was good as it has a pump, the price was crazy as it costs $54, then again it's Chanel right? The texture of this foundation is a bit runny which was fine as I used my MAC 109 brush to stipple this stuff on. I have redness around the nose and this did cover it up. I would say this foundation is a med coverage, and buildable. Blending was easy, but I felt this foundation has "slip" to it. This concerned me as usually the wear for a foundation with slip is zero! I was right, as even though I used a primer and set w/ powder, if I rubbed my nose I could see the foundation came off where I rubbed. I was so disappointed as I also like my foundation to be long wearing. After I looked this foundation up on the Chanel site, I noticed it is an oil based foundation...a BIG no-no for me. Even though I do not break out easily, this foundation gave me a cystic zit on my left cheek. I really hoped this would have worked out for me, but honestly my MUFE Face and Body gives me the same glowy look while lasting all day ( waterproof) as well as no zits. So, happily I returned it and purchased my lemming of Chanel's Fandago blush ( which is awesome), and I will not purchase Vitalumiere again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2009 12:17:00 AM More reviews by lissie26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Violet

I found my way bacj to MUA after 7 years . I was just reading my reviews of my products from 8 years ago. Looking back, you girls have so much fun and time to wear anything and always look good:) I had no idea what it truly meant to worry about fine lines, or products that didn't work hard to make me look rested and glowing.Now i appreciate Vitalumiere and 5 years ago i hated it. It used to seem so oily ans shiny and orangy. Now my skin has changed and it loos beautiful. I found some left the other day and applied it lightly over a very light moisturizer. I have very dry ,plae skin.It turned out to make me look like it was my own skin but much better. I got a few compliments too. The shade was the 2nd lightest and it gave my super fair skin alittle summer glow.Healthy more than orange. The color of a perfect slight face tan, not too dark, but this toned down all my redness and pink unertones and loooked amazing. I reccomend it to anyone who is looking for a foundation totransform thrit face into what you want to look like. It would be too shiny for anyone with normal skin and it is aimed at skin that needs alittle more help. It is the most shiny foundation but for dry skin it works wonders. Will buy another one .Love the effect a slightly darker
shade than my skin had. Sunkisssed is a good description of their colors. Brings out the best if you need moisture an color.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2009 11:41:00 PM More reviews by dcalbert86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG foundation. I really love the consistency and dewy finish; it really looks beautiful. I use the .8 although it is ever so slightly too dark, but the .5 is much too yellow. I can't find a better foundation. This is for normal/dry skin types and it is oil based. The staying power isn't that great ( pro lumiere is better in that respect) but a little powder helps.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2009 11:52:00 AM More reviews by bellydancerUK

Bought last week - loving so far. I'm pale - NW20 is too dark for me, but I have patches of red on my cheeks and this does not cover completely but is an improvement on the previous foundations I have tried.

UK bought, it was £30 but I got it at Boots and got advantage points plus an extra 350 for a voucher thingy so not too bad, am saving points for next bottle!