December 20, 2014 | 1580 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by shelbydoesbeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG product!

These little things are amazing, I have at least one in my purse at all times. They are super moisturizing, and they actually have some lasting power compared to the other brands of "lip butter" type products (such as Baby Lips). I wear these almost every day, I like that it's light and gives some sheer color without feeling super heavy like some lipsticks.

My favorite color is Cherry Tart which is a nice red, I also have Cotton Candy which is a pink shimmery color and Strawberry Shortcake which is a little too bright pink for my skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2012 1:30:00 AM More reviews by rahaf7727

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The first thing you should do when you get this product is twist it all the way to the top and see how little product it has, then decide if you would repurchase it. in my opinion this is just fancy lip balm like lip smackers or nivea. i do enjoy it for a quick and natural looking lip, but i could achieve the same tint of color and moisture with a labello cherry chapstick, oh and they smell better!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2012 4:35:00 PM More reviews by iheartowls55

I really, really wanted to like these, because I heard such great things about them. I bought them in two colors, Candy Apple and Berry Smoothie. I think the color range is great, and they have some really pretty shades. However, I didn't have a great experience with them.
I don't know if it's just me or if I got a bad couple of tubes, but these did not work well for me at all. They did not feel like a lip balm AT ALL when I put them on, which is really weird for a lip butter. I had to apply balm on my lips first to get a really smooth application.
The color payoff is pretty good. The color doesn't stay for very long, but I didn't expect that. The main problem I had is that this butter doesn't keep my lips moisturized at all. Like, I had dead flaky skin come up a few hours later, which doesn't happen with any of my other Revlon lip products.
I'm disappointed with these, because of all the rave reviews I've seen. I'll probably pick up one more in a different store just to be sure I didn't get a bad batch, but if I have the same experience, I'll just give them away to a friend.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2012 4:44:00 AM More reviews by loveisblind1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The formula of this kind of reminds me of a less moisturizing EOS balm. It is a waxy lip balm with a little color. It doesn't moisturize the lips well and doesn't sink into your lips. The only thing I can really see this product being good for is using it as a foundation for some other lip product like lipstick. It doesn't have a good color payoff (I know that is not the intention with this) but it doesn't moisturize well enough. If I wanted a tinted balm that moisturizes well, I usually go with Fresh Lip Treatments. Those ones actually moisturize and have a nice color payoff.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2012 1:50:00 AM More reviews by Jennbabbles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

they are pretty pigmented for lip butters that arnt lip sticks. they are extremely smooth to apply, my only con would be that they are so soft that they move around in the lip stick holder so sometimes it will rub against the holder and smudge onto the applicator. you do need to reapply this quite often.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2012 1:21:00 AM More reviews by devildiva77

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought a set at myer which contained three Revlon lip butters and compact mirror. It was $30 at the names of the lip butters were sugar plum, lollipop and peach parfait.Each of them were fantastic colors and soft.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2012 1:05:00 AM More reviews by chocolaterocks12

I have the colors strawberry shortcake, berry smoothie, raspberry pie, peach parfait, cupcake, and cotton candy. the last two really don't look good with my skin tone so I don't ever wear them, so make sure you look up swatches online before purchasing and don't get overly excited like some people have. also i found that the last two were very sheer and apply way more sheer then the darker colors so not all of them have a good color payoff. another thing to note is that these lip butters aren't that long lasting which is good if you want to switch lip colors later on during the day but not good if you don't want to touch up too much. they are also kind of expensive for a drugstore product (7 to 8 dollars at most drugstores for not that much product). however I love the other colors I have, my favorite being berry smoothie. I love how these make my lips hydrated and a bit glossy but still gives them color! I highly recommend these

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by malliereviews

I own 4 of these. Peach Perfait, Strawberry shortcake, Raspberry pie and Sugar Plum. I really like that they are moistruzing and pigmented, but Peach Perfait which is a gorgeous shade has some glitter in it and I really don't like that! The packagain is not really great, because you get the lip butter smashed all over the edge. But I would really recommend these lip butters, they are super great most of them!:)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2012 9:59:00 AM More reviews by sweetlikecinnamon

I have these in Strawberry Shortcake and Candy Apple, and I really like them! They are pretty much coloured lipbalms.
I believe that my lips are actually quite sensitive, but these don't make them peel or dry them out (you know those lipbalms that actually dry out your lips rather than soften them?)
They don't last a very long time on the lips, but Revlon does describe them as balms, so I don't think you can complain about them not being very long lasting. But they have amazingly good pigmentation, and they feel very nice and comfortable on the lips. I bought mine in London, but if I were able to buy them here where I live, I most definitely would buy more. Also, the packaging is very pretty, and I really like that I am able to tell the colour of the product by just looking at the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2012 12:44:00 PM More reviews by patriciabain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this in #080 Strawberry Shortcake. It comes out a very bright pink. Think Barbie lips, and you've got it. It's a fun color for me, because I'm pretty pale and can just pull it off.

I wish I had this in more colors, because I love the way it feels on my lips. It's very creamy, and it makes my lips feel super moisturized. This is especially good for the winter, because I have very dry skin, especially during those months.

It lasts longer than I expected for this type of lip color. It isn't sticky, though. Obviously it doesn't last like a longwear lipstick, but it doesn't just wipe off immediately like some similar type lipsticks I have.