November 27, 2014 | 1502 users online

Mascara - Jordana - Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by barnycat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I do not understand the low reviews for this. My HG is YSL Faux Cils. I've tried bunches of mascaras. Dior, YSL, Urban Decay, L'Oreal, ect...But for 3 bucks you cannot go wrong with this mascara. No, it is not incredibly volumizing, but it is lengthening and very black. I have slightly oily lids and I haven't had any smudging or flaking. I've experienced no clumping and I haven't had any trouble with the opening. For three dollars I will continue to repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2013 1:41:00 AM More reviews by allseeallliu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

If you want a mascara that holds a curl, stay far, far away from this mascara and L'oreal Telescopic Carbon Black. I don't understand why there are companies who would create non-waterproof mascaras that ruin perfectly curled lashes. Waterproof mascaras are easily removed by an oil-based makeup remover. And they hold a curl all day long.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2013 1:16:00 AM More reviews by monaylisa

This is so overhyped. Clumps really easily and makes eyelashes look like spider legs. I have never had a mascara smudge, after wearing this for 2 hours it was all over my face. Don't waste your $3.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by sofaloaf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is a decent mascara, but don't get your hopes up. After reading the reviews, I scoured several drugstores to find it. Walgreens had it, and it was pretty hard to find...I almost gave up, but there was a little cashier/counter area in the cosmetic section, and Jordana had a section attached to its side.

I bought this $3 mascara with low, and realistic expectations, but I haven't found it worthy of replacing any of my other mascaras.

I love the packaging, a sleek, professional looking tube with purple writing...but it doesn't include the bottleneck thingy at the top to scrape off excess product...Not a dealbreaker, but using this mascara tends to get messy.

The actual mascara has as many good things going for it as it has flaws. Its formula is a true, deep black, and it's soft, almost creamy going on. It doesn't give me extreme volume, and my lashes don't look their best, but they don't look bad either. I would say this mascara is more appropriate for the territory between a natural and a glamorous look. It offers more length and deepening of color than it does volume.

It clumped for me after 2 coats, even though I tried to make it work. I've tried so many things in the month I've been using it: experimenting with time between coats, base coats of different mascaras, lash primer, spoon technique, notecard technique, unclumping with spoolie, unclumping with eyelash comb, and recurling it after it set. None of this gave me satisfactory lashes. It's just a basic mascara, there's nothing special going on with this little guy.

One thing that made me give up on this mascara, was it smudges like the dickens. I haven't got watery eyes whatsoever, but they are hot...(temperature wise)....Eye products will occasionally melt off them. This was one of them, which surprised me because I've never had a mascara smudge like this on me. I've had flaking and crumbling, but not melting and smudging. It happened 4 hours after application.
(at least this mascara is very easy and gentle to take off at the end of the day)

I don't recommend this mascara to women that need a reliable, workhorse type product. If you are a bit of a mascara junkie like me, it's worth a go, because you may be able to put up with its flaws for longer than I.

I have to admit, next time I go to Walgreens, I'm going to pick up like 10 more of these for my girlfriends, they're cute and inexpensive and would be great in a gift.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by mellymel11

Yes the price is right for this mascara and i read the reviews. Unfortunately it didn't deliver for me. The package is the majority of the problem. There isn't a stopper to remove the excess product on the wand. I have to scrape the want against the sides of the bottle. The mascara does thicken the lashes but after two coats there its clumping. And after an hour or two it smudges. Its good as a base mascara with covergirl clump crusher on top but i am not the type to layer mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by l8lackberry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wonder how this mascara got such great reviews.
I hated it.
It smudges big time.
Clumps my lashes and makes them stick together.
Messy application.
I guess this formula is just not for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 7:37:00 PM More reviews by sierrab2010

This mascara darkens and lengthens lashes like a charm. It's not flakey or watery. It's perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 12:14:00 AM More reviews by aleachhunter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Best. Mascara. Ever. I bought this product after reading the reviews on this site, hoping it would live up to the hype. It really does! It's soooo cheap - just $2.99 at my local Walgreens. The best part is that it gives me volumized, defined, long lashes... maybe even more so than a lot of higher-end mascaras. I'm totally in love with this.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2013 12:27:00 AM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this mascara, and have bought it again and again. For me, it's the perfect consistency and adds volume without too much spindly length. Super-black, super thick lashes. It doesn't say it's waterproof on the tube, yet it's the only mascara I've used, aside from tubing varieties and DiorShow Iconic WP, that doesn't give me raccoon eyes during allergy season.

Cons: I always use a lash comb with this, as it tends to clump, but I use a lash comb no matter what so that's not a huge deal for me. I have eyelashes that are a bit too curly, and this mascara weighs them down so that they look more normal -- again, this works for me but if you're looking for more curl this might be a bit heavy.

The worst thing about this mascara is that it tends to be drying and hard to remove, resulting in a few too many lost lashes for my comfort. I used to use it every day without fail, but when I started noticing that I'd drop a couple lashes every time I removed it, I had to back off. Now it's my special occasion mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2013 10:04:00 PM More reviews by Ispania

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I heard a lot of good about this 2.99$ mascara ( thanks to MUA) and finally decided to buy it.
Mascara is like any other make up - works for some and doesn't work for others. The hype about mascaras makes me think that probably these girls are blessed with thick and long eyelashes and mascara helps them to single out what they already have.
My eyelashes are not long, not very thick and not curly at all! And If this mascara worked for me then most likely it will work for you.

The simple brush with small thick brisles works miracles. It does pretty good job at lengthening eyelashes with the first coat. It did lift my lashes a little bit. With more coats i reached volume, but not as much as volumizing mascaras. It does open up my eye and when I looked at my profile with these long eyelashes I reminded myself that 1 duim girl with 2 duim eyelashes from C. Anderson fairy tale " Thumberline", well... at least I felt like this.

I was impressed and wrote this review after wearing it only once for a short period of time, that is why I'm not sure how long it stays without smudging and falling. I will update, but for now I don't see any cons and for the price it does a great job.

I will definitely purchase it again, it worth it.

Update: I've been wearing this mascara for a couple of days already and can say that there were neither smudges nor falling under my eyes and I've been outside for 5,6 hours. I'm sure the mascara will stay on its place even longer I just have to check it.