October 1, 2014 | 1104 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Palette - Comfort Zone

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by YellowLantern

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I hesitate to write this review because I've seen nothing but raves for this palette, but my experience with this palette is nothing like the reviews I've read so I'll write this just to diversify the kinds of reviews out there. The pigmentation of this palette is superb and for that I give it credit.

However, and you knew there was going to be a 'however', no matter what kind of eyeshadow brush I use (I also tried the included sponge applicator) to apply these with I always get tons and tons of fallout. It's actually kind of amazing how much fallout there is with these eyeshadows I've never used anything before that will cover my undereyes and upper checks with this much powder. I've also noticed how the four darker shades on the lower half of the palette are extremely powdery and even when I try to delicately touch my brushes to them a lot of extra powder gets kicked up and gets all over the other shadows (it's so annoying when the light highlighter shades get dark shadow all over them).

In terms of the colors offered I think the four shades on the top of the palette are good neutrals. The shades I think could work for both warm and cool, but I think the colors are most suited to neutral to warm toned skin. I'm not crazy about the three darker colors on the bottom of the palette (excluding the lowest right color/the MAC Club and UD Lounge dupe) these seem different in the pan, but swatched and and on the eye the differences are fairly subtle which was disappointing.

I think for the price these are worth checking out, perhaps I got a crap palette that shouldn't have gotten through quality control or something. I don't regret getting it, but my experience with these are that they have major fallout issues and are way too powdery.

8 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2012 4:26:00 AM More reviews by c1plas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this palette. I haven't tried the other side yet cuz I immediately went to the greens. It lasted a whole day, even the shimmers on my oily lids. I was pleasantly surprised.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2012 10:49:00 PM More reviews by coffeeholic17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

What a great product! The colours swatch so buttery and smoothly. I love the little surprises this palette come with (like the definer eyeshadow on the right with the duochrome finish!). For less than five dollars, you are getting 8 generously-sized eyeshadows. Although, if you have oily lids you might want to prime your eyes first before applying this. Applicators were crap as usual, but I use my own eyeshadow brushes anyway. Also, this palette contains only shimmery eyeshadows. But the eyeshadows do not fade throughout the day. I love it! Will definitely repurchase (:

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2012 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Lori1985

I remember buying Wet N Wild makeup and nail polish as a little girl because it was incredibly cheap so my mom let me use it as "play makeup" so I'd leave her good stuff alone. So needless to say as I grew up I forgot about the brand until recently. I noticed these eyeshadows popping up in my favorite youtube makeup gurus videos and had to try them. I found them at my local Dollar General for $4.99. I got Comfort Zone and Petal Pusher. I chose those because I have dark green eyes, and don't like blue eyeshadows. First I want to say that this is really well made, and has great pigment for the price. Fall out isn't bad if you use the eye shadow correctly. Even those terrible chalky ELF eye shadows and be as smooth as highend brands if you 1) apply the shadow before your eye primer dries, and 2) take a water bottle and make the end of your makeup brush damn with a squirt or two of water and then dab into palette and dab on eyelid. Never use the sponge with cheap shadows. fluffy, soft brush is best. I wouldn't even use the brush that comes with these. Anyway, in the Comfort Zone pallet my favorite is the second one down from the left matched with the 4th down on the left and the first one on the right. Stays on 12+ hours. Also, make sure your foundation/concealer isn't the kind that slids off. Your eye makeup will do the same and you will think its the shadow or liner but its really the foundation making your eye makeup mess up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by missykeyana

This palette is indicative of the quality Wet 'n' Wild offers. Highly pigmented, soft and blendable, but fallout on the dark colors. This particular palette offers a variety of looks for day and night.

Referring to the numbers on the picture posted above, I like to use 1, 2, 5, and 6 as lid or highlight colors with something a little darker in the crease.

Number 3 is actually the same color as my eyelid, making it work well as a one-and-done eyeshadow look or a blending color.

Duochromed #8 actually works well for me as a one-and-done interesting daytime smokey eye (not for the most conservative places, but I'm wearing it to my job).

Numbers 7 and 4 are DARK! As a caramel-skinned woman, I cannot emphasize this enough. These aforementioned duo can turn your eye look from day to night with the slightest tap from your brush, so proceed with caution. I like them both as liners and sparingly in the outer V, especially 4 because it makes my chocolate eyes POP. These are also the two with the most fallout.

My only complaint with this palette (as with all WNW eyeshadows and blushes) is the packaging. The design is good, but the quality is lacking.

Overall, I really like and enjoy this palette. It's absolutely lovely and a great value for the price.

Edit 7/31/12: ALL of these colors make my eyes POP! Still love this palette!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 3:34:00 PM More reviews by mararum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I find the eye shadows to be extremely pigmented and soft. They last the whole day without using a primer. They don't crease. There's some fall out, but I don't see that as a big problem. I wouldn't consider them to be the same quality as MAC / Urban Decay, but they're still very, very good, especially considering the price.

I wouldn't exactly call the colors neutrals. They're rather dramatic. Some of the standouts are the gold eye lid and duochrome definer colors.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 8:00:00 PM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a really great palette! I prefer my green eyeshadows to be a little sparkly. I can't pull off the matte green like Nikki Minaj can xD

The color payoff on these is FANTASTIC and the fallout-for me- is very minimal. I have oily lids so if I don't use a primer they do crease.

The left side is more brown-tones shadows while the right is more of the green shades. All eight colors can be used together very cohesively and create a very pretty look!

For only 5 bucks (less if you have a coupon or find it on sale) this palette is totally worth it! Several of these shades are dupes for MUCH more expensive MAC colors. Definitely try to pick one of these up if you have a curiosity about adding some green to your life ;D and if you don't know if you'll like it, head to Ulta! They have a really great return policy for opened and used products!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Foua

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased it at Fred Myer's for $4.99 in "petal plusher"
Besides the sponge applicator, the other end sucks so bad, why do they even have it there??!
I wouldn't want to wear this without a primer though.
It is pigmented enough that I'd repurchase, but to compare, I think NYX eyeshadows are better.
The packaging quality, it's the ultimate palette. Good Job, Wet 'N' Wild

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2012 7:26:00 PM More reviews by miniequalcrzy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The eyeshadow quality was awesome! But I didn't get to try half of the colors as they broke when I dropped the bag that contained the eyeshadow palette by accident....so stupid -,- it's like Claire's quality

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2012 5:06:00 PM More reviews by chickee394

I'm not a huge eyeshadow person but that's mainly because I can never find any that go on dark and stay on for a long time. This is the best eyeshadow I have ever bought though, and so cheap! All of the shades are highly pigmented and last me through a whole day at work. I have oily skin so shadow always creases on my, but I will prime my lids with both a liquid and a powder foundation before applying and it seems to last for a good portion of the day. I use the four lighter shades very often and the darker ones for special occasions. I like that the colors can all be mixed and matched yet still all go together. I tried the other two palettes, the purple and the blue, as well. Those are not everyday colors for me, but that aside I think this palette is of better quality than the other two. I also like that these are all neutral shades that compliment many eye colors so this palette can be used every day.