October 26, 2014 | 891 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by eurasian88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used this foundation for the past 8 years & it's absolutely amazing! I've tried other foundations (both drugstore & high-end foundations) throughout the years & I have yet to find something that comes close to this foundation. It's easy to apply, there's such a large selection of skin tones to choose from (also offers dry skin or combination/oily), plus it's super cheap (used to be $14 & I've been seeing it sold for about $9 in the past year). It has great coverage without being cakey (most people can't even tell that I'm wearing any foundation because of how natural it looks!). The only reason I gave it a 4 for packaging was because I prefer dispensers. I'm obsessed with it & would probably die if I were to hear that it was ever discontinued. Revlon Colorstay Foundation fo lifeee <3

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by ImogensMakeupReviews

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

What is the big deal about this foundation!!???!!?? I have even heard people compare it to M.a.c!? Ehhh no! It was so terrible even with primer on! I was so angry that I spent €18 on it aswell! Doesn't cover redness from spots or red cheeks! Really thick and gloopy application with or without a foundation brush! I urge people to try something else and If you are buying it because you think it compares to Mac don't! It doesn't compare to the high end brand in any shape or form!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2013 2:48:00 AM More reviews by hotdg77

Quality: I got this foundation in the Combination/Oily 24 hour one simply because there were no other options around. This has a really nice high coverage but needs to be blended in quickly. I don't normally use high coverage foundations, but when I sheered out the coverage with a moisturizer it still gave me a really good light-medium coverage.

Price: I got this product on a discount, but considering the original price of this foundation it seems reasonable for the quality :)

Packaging: Surely everyone knows what the main issue with Revlon's packaging is--the absence of a pump. This makes getting product out of the bottle more tedious and messy, and sometimes product is wasted. So the packaging of this product isn't exactly the best and most efficient.

In conclusion, the price of this product is justified by the quality of this foundation, but the packaging is the main flaw I see.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Penguinsarentpurple

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

WARNING: The 24 hour version of this isn't the same formula that people rave about. This used to be a great product, but it's been reformulated and the ingredients on the back have changed quite a lot.

The 16 hour formula is the one that everyone raves about. The new 24 hour formula sucks and ironically does not "stay put" like the original. If you purchase the 24 hour one and ask yourself "Yuck, why do people like this so much?" keep in mind that it's a totally different product.

I'm sad the old formula is phasing out, it was my HD. :( Guess I'll have to find an alternative.

16 hour formula- 5 out of 5

24 hour formula- 2 out of 5 (It really is horrible)

8 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I used Revlon Colorstay foundation for the first time about 3 years ago and I loved it. I bought and used 3 bottles before deciding to try something new just because I like to jump around a lot. I didn't touch it again until about a month ago and I still really love this product. I have dry skin but I decided to get the combo/ oily formula because the weather is getting hotter here in Canada and hotter weather = major makeup melt so I wanted to get the formula that could really hold up well. I bought it at Shoppers Drug Mart for $19.99 and I got the 16hr formula since the 24hr one sucks and they still had the 16hr left. The shade I got was 150 Buff which is a little too dark for me but the lightest shade 110 Ivory has pink undertones whereas I have warm undertones and as Buff has warm undertones- I just blend it into my neck very well. The shades don't run particularly light though I do think that they're doing better than most drugstore brands but in the winter I would definitely need to mix in my Illamasqua Skin Base foundation in white to make it work. What I first opened the bottle I was shocked at how much the foundation stunk of paint, I didn't remember that at all. Luckily if you're kind of bothered by scents like I am, the smell goes away once applied. The first week or so that I used the foundation I used a bunch of different methods to apply it and see what works best for me- I tried a beauty blender, kabuki, flat foundation brush, fingers, with setting powder, without setting powder and I think how I like it best on my dry skin is applying it with my finger or a kabuki brush and not setting it with powder, I find that using powder gives me a bit of cakeface which I do not appreciate. The foundation does not give a really matte finish unless you set it with powder, I think it has more of a satiny finish and I don't feel like this dries as quickly as people are saying but once it dries it is definitely not going anywhere. For me, I can go about 5 hours of wearing it until I feel like I need an oil blotting sheet which in my opinion is quite good, I feel like a lot of people expect to not have to use an oil blotting sheet at all throughout the day and their foundation should still look perfect which to me isn't realistic. For those of you who have blemishes, the first few days I wore this I developed a few small whiteheads but after wearing it for a few weeks now, it causes no breakout on my skin whatsoever but if you have bad acne I always suggest wearing a sheer layer of foundation so your skin can breathe and heal the blemishes. As you probably guessed, I really do like this foundation. I do have a couple of negatives though and those are the smell, the price and the packaging. The smell is horrid, at $19.99 a bottle this is incredibly pricey for drugstore foundation and on top of all of that they don't even add a pump! I definitely would purchase this foundation again if I could find the 16hr formula but I am so disappointed in the 24hr formula- it doesn't wear as long, they still didn't add a pump and raised the price by $2! As long as they continue to have the 16hr I will buy it but I will not touch the 24hr.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2013 7:53:00 PM More reviews by OpenPlains

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've used this about a dozen times. My base routine is Cerave PM moisturizer, Elta MD physical sunscreen, then whatever foundation I'm using that day. Typically I'll use a UD optical blurring brush, though I use my fingers pretty often too.

The foundation stays on me all day but causes an awful lot of flakes on me and by the time I get home just looks generally weird. My application is very light-handed, meaning I use a pea-sized blob on the back of my hand, from which I dot my face in a few strategic locations and then blend out fast. When that's done, I'll add more to cover the odd pimple, that mole I dislike, etc. There's almost always a little to be wiped off at the end of application.

I've used fingers, brush, disposable sponges and none of these produced good results for me. I've sheered the foundation out with my Cerave and with my Laura Mercier oil-free TM and neither worked. Maybe I should be using more instead of less, but the more I use the more physically irritating the experience of wearing the foundation is for me.

I would have stopped using this base even if it'd looked good because I experience intense itching and tightness a while after application that lasts until I take it off. It's very unpleasant and I don't have the sort of willful masochism in me that it would take to endure such for the sake of good-looking skin.

My skin's unusually sensitive, so I'm not at all surprised that my result is different from most people's. I hope they never discontinue something that gives good results for so many. I will say that this product keeps me very matte from morning 'til night, which is a quality I prefer in my foundations.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by erynsara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have oily skin & find this is one of the only foundations to have staying power. Great buildable product with maximum coverage- it really disguises any redness. Great value for money- id say the best low end foundation on the market.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2013 11:22:00 AM More reviews by PinkIcing1

Great foundation! Love how natural it looks and how long it lasts. Great, buildable coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2013 5:24:00 AM More reviews by ElenaRubyMarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This works for people with clear skin, but I would not recommend it for acne-prone skin, my friend borrowed this once from me and complained about a break out, she has acne-prone skin. The name doesnt deceive, as the color is great, the shade matched my skin tone and lasts throughout the day without becoming oily or smearing off. This is a good product for people who want a cheap foundation which is good for throughout the day.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2013 12:35:00 AM More reviews by taylorrydg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've tried this product twice wanting to love it as much as everyone else as it is fairly cheap and very accessible. I first tried it in the combo/oily formula because my skin type leans that way and by the end of the first day of wear I had a mountain chain of new breakouts. I knew it was this product because it's the only thing I had changed. Anyway, after that I gave the foundation to a friend as I didn't even want it around me. Another year goes by and the hype doesn't lessen. I watched a video of MakeupbyTiffanyD on Youtube saying that the normal/dry skin was completely different and that she liked it much better so I decided to give that one a shot thinking, different formula, different experience. Wrong. Sure enough by the second day of wear I was very sore around my nose an some places on my cheeks. I didn't really think anything of it and went on wearing the foundation as it really made my skin look nice but a few days later I now have 7-8 HUGE deep-rooted, and extremely painful breakout regions. I personally had an awful experience with this foundation and am overall very dissapointed seeing as everyone loves it ;(