December 22, 2014 | 1645 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 11:56:00 AM More reviews by liyanamz

I love, love, love this foundation. It evens out my skin tone and gives good coverage. I find it to be very light on the skin and it feels as though I am not wearing much at all. It is not a full coverage foundation which is what I am looking for in the first place.

It gives off a glowy look. On this note, it does tend to get a bit shiny after a few hours so I will simply blot or powder my face. The packaging is compact as compared to the other Chanel foundations which is a huge plus.

I am a huge and loyal fan!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2013 10:53:00 PM More reviews by Zereplm

This is my new favorite foundation. I have very fair skin with a yellow undertone. I am also dry/combination skin and very sensitive. This foundation removes all redness and uneven skin tone without looking like makeup. I looked at this foundation in the brightest outdoor light and it looked flawless. I looked like I had the perfect skin of a small child. I was using Nars sheer glow for a long time but this will be my new HG foundation. It doesn't however cover my age spot and dark circles but I would rather touch up with a concealer than have a fake looking face. Also, the day I first wore this my husband told me how beautiful I looked like five times and he had no idea I had changed anything.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2013 1:55:00 PM More reviews by lmhamner

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is so beautiful. It looks completely natural on my skin and leaves a dewy finish. It does have very sheer coverage, but it's buildable. I use two layers to get the coverage I want. This is the only reason I didn't give it five lippies, because it is time consuming to have to put on two layers and it'll make me run out twice as fast!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 7:56:00 PM More reviews by StrangeLight

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

From arm's length, Vitalumiere Aqua makes my skin look glowing and beautiful and fresh and natural. Break out the magnifying mirror in natural daylight (yes, I'm obsessive) and the story changes. The coverage is a bit patchy and uneven and I can see the makeup settling into the pores on my nose. Now, how many people are going to get THAT close to my face in bright daylight? Not that many. So ultimately I can deal with it. Again, at arm's length, my skin looks great, but the up-close inspection prevents this from being a holy grail foundation for me. It hasn't oxidized on me, it hasn't broken me out (yet), and I find that a little goes a long way. The packaging is very travel friendly, but I do wish it had a pump top to control the amount of product that comes out. I would buy it again, and it's edged out Nars Sheer Glow as my favourite foundation, but it's just short of perfect for me.

edit: coming back to this review a couple months later. vitalumiere aqua is officially my holy grail foundation. i wasn't colour-matched well the first time i bought it (B10) and that is part of what made it look patchy and more noticeable in my pores. i got my correct shade (B20) and now it holds up well to the magnifying mirror in daylight test. i've been wearing this foundation in super-hot super-humid locations and it holds up fairly well. very little of this foundation comes off on my napkin (am i the only one with that problem?). it can go on very sheer but it really is a buildable foundation. if i'm having some redness or blemishes, i just push a little extra foundation on top and it takes the colour right down.

this really is a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 11:17:00 AM More reviews by arielyn211

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After a traumatizing BE experience, I found myself in front of a Chanel rep at Macy's begging for help to find a good foundation. We first tried the Vitalumiere, but even the lightest shade immediately oxidized on my skin and turned a ghastly orange. She then tried the Vitalumiere Aqua in B10--perfect! A great sheer coverage that evened my skin tone beautifully without making me look overly "made-up". After two weeks, my skin has shown no signs of breakouts with this (somewhat of a first for me), and I've actually gotten compliments on how glowing my skin appears. That makes this a must-have for me! I did remove one lippy for packaging, as I would prefer a clear bottle that allowed me to see how much product remains, but this is simply a minor inconvenience.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2013 12:46:00 AM More reviews by KaisiK

The first time I used this foundation i was WOW, this is awesome! At this very moment I loved it! It covers everything perfectly and your face looks so smooth and nice. After reading good reviews about it I decided to buy it. It was $77 and now I almost regret it because when I was wearing it for the whole day, my face got so oily and shiny that it was just awful! I have combination skin and I am not sure if the oiliness was the result of the foundation or my bareMinerals primer. I haven't really used the foundation so often and to be honest I think my Garnier BB Cream is so much more worth it than Chanel foundation. I gave 4 for overall rating because I am hoping when the weather gets colder, I can use it again as my face don't get as oily as in summer. I am a huge fan of pump-backaning and therefore I gave only 3 for it.
Very important to keep in mind is to shake the bottle very well because otherwise you just get some watery substance out of it.
So far I do not think I would buy it again because of its very high price but ill see how I´ll go with it in winter and perhaps my review will be a bit more positive and I´ll buy a second bottle :)
UPDATE:
So I bought it again and I do love it. At the time I was travelling in Europe and it was winter there and the foundation was just perfect! I still stick to that my face is getting still oily during summer and the foundation does not help really so I bought Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder which is just awesome! It stays on for all day and keeps my oiliness under control just perfectly!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2013 10:50:00 AM More reviews by carlysimon

This product is great, but really needs to be combined with a dry primer. It creates a lovely dewy look, but does not have the visible appearance of wearing make up. It's very light, like a tinted moisturiser. I'd say that the price is not bad, but it's bearing in mind that you will also need a primer, and possibly concealer and powder for a more effective coverage. This is not a good coverage, it's very light. It covers the red patch on my chin nicely, but I have a faint scar on my eye lid, which is usually easily concealed by make-up, but this did not do it. If anything it actually made it more prominent.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2013 10:25:00 AM More reviews by tinka10

Even though I have very oily skin during summer I found this foundation very drying. With a good base (a rich moisturiser and primer) it does even out skintone and has a very luminous finish otherwise it just looks patchy and accentuates any dryness around my face, especially the most oily part, my cheeks. For a very expensive 30ml bottle of foundation I'm not impressed. Chanel really need to go easy on that alcohol.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by LGinata

I wanted to love this so badly. I have very fair skin with pink undertones, no yellow undertones at all so I was over joyed to find a perfect shade for myself. I had a full make over and looked amazing. My allergies unfortunately made me have to return everything. I thought it was just the perfume counter near the make up that was bothering me but the foundation is scented and the smell does not go away when it drys. No point in having a pretty face if it makes your nose red and dripping. I will have to keep looking for the perfect foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I haven't spent this much on a foundation for a long time and I was reluctant to do so until I got a mini makeover at the Chanel counter.

I like the fact that it's lightweight as I don't like heavy coverage. This foundation gives nice, sheer coverage and doesn't make my face look like an oil slick after a few hours. The MA who did applied this foundation chose B40 (I'm NC30/C3 Asian colouring) and it's the perfect match.
I use either a stipple brush or the Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman buffing brush for a polished look.

I don't know how this hold up in the summer but for the winter, it's perfect for my normal/combination and slightly oily skin. So far, no breakouts. (touch wood)