November 27, 2014 | 984 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2013 12:46:00 AM More reviews by KaisiK

The first time I used this foundation i was WOW, this is awesome! At this very moment I loved it! It covers everything perfectly and your face looks so smooth and nice. After reading good reviews about it I decided to buy it. It was $77 and now I almost regret it because when I was wearing it for the whole day, my face got so oily and shiny that it was just awful! I have combination skin and I am not sure if the oiliness was the result of the foundation or my bareMinerals primer. I haven't really used the foundation so often and to be honest I think my Garnier BB Cream is so much more worth it than Chanel foundation. I gave 4 for overall rating because I am hoping when the weather gets colder, I can use it again as my face don't get as oily as in summer. I am a huge fan of pump-backaning and therefore I gave only 3 for it.
Very important to keep in mind is to shake the bottle very well because otherwise you just get some watery substance out of it.
So far I do not think I would buy it again because of its very high price but ill see how I´ll go with it in winter and perhaps my review will be a bit more positive and I´ll buy a second bottle :)
UPDATE:
So I bought it again and I do love it. At the time I was travelling in Europe and it was winter there and the foundation was just perfect! I still stick to that my face is getting still oily during summer and the foundation does not help really so I bought Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder which is just awesome! It stays on for all day and keeps my oiliness under control just perfectly!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2013 10:50:00 AM More reviews by carlysimon

This product is great, but really needs to be combined with a dry primer. It creates a lovely dewy look, but does not have the visible appearance of wearing make up. It's very light, like a tinted moisturiser. I'd say that the price is not bad, but it's bearing in mind that you will also need a primer, and possibly concealer and powder for a more effective coverage. This is not a good coverage, it's very light. It covers the red patch on my chin nicely, but I have a faint scar on my eye lid, which is usually easily concealed by make-up, but this did not do it. If anything it actually made it more prominent.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2013 10:25:00 AM More reviews by tinka10

Even though I have very oily skin during summer I found this foundation very drying. With a good base (a rich moisturiser and primer) it does even out skintone and has a very luminous finish otherwise it just looks patchy and accentuates any dryness around my face, especially the most oily part, my cheeks. For a very expensive 30ml bottle of foundation I'm not impressed. Chanel really need to go easy on that alcohol.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by LGinata

I wanted to love this so badly. I have very fair skin with pink undertones, no yellow undertones at all so I was over joyed to find a perfect shade for myself. I had a full make over and looked amazing. My allergies unfortunately made me have to return everything. I thought it was just the perfume counter near the make up that was bothering me but the foundation is scented and the smell does not go away when it drys. No point in having a pretty face if it makes your nose red and dripping. I will have to keep looking for the perfect foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I haven't spent this much on a foundation for a long time and I was reluctant to do so until I got a mini makeover at the Chanel counter.

I like the fact that it's lightweight as I don't like heavy coverage. This foundation gives nice, sheer coverage and doesn't make my face look like an oil slick after a few hours. The MA who did applied this foundation chose B40 (I'm NC30/C3 Asian colouring) and it's the perfect match.
I use either a stipple brush or the Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman buffing brush for a polished look.

I don't know how this hold up in the summer but for the winter, it's perfect for my normal/combination and slightly oily skin. So far, no breakouts. (touch wood)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2013 7:41:00 PM More reviews by PeonyRed

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

First off, I am unbelievably fair and cool-toned. I first went to the Bobbi Brown counter and all their foundations were far too yellow and dark. Not even something called 'porcelain' could match me!
Saddened, I went to Chanel. Their models always seem so fair and I heard good things about their Vitalumiere Aqua. When the lady put it on me in the shade Beige Rose 10 I was amazed! The finish was so soft and pretty looking; I looked allround better! It stayed throughout the day and I could not even feel it on my skin. Very comfortable!

It is sheer coverage, however, as it intends to let your own skin show through. My one spot showed right through, so concealer is definitely necessary. However, I think pin-pointing concealer and leaving the rest relatively natural is the way to go anyway. This does get rid of redness, but more severe marking will have to be concealed.

It is also very expensive, around 45-50 dollars. I think it is still worth it, though, since skin is such a valuable and fragile organ. My skin is very sensitive, so I put money into protecting it and using good products.

All round, I will be purchasing this in full size next month! It's wonderful on my pale, dry, and sensitive skin!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Tindra78

Too dark shades!! In Scandinavia this only seems to be available to nr. 20. The SA thought that B20 would suit me, but when I got home this was too dark and too warm!! I'm actually a NC/NW 15 during winter.... I don't understand how she could match me to this shade but she said that the more cool shade would give me a more pink look, which I should avoid cause I already am so pink/red often.

Anyway this was far too warm. And why doesn't chanel develop lighter shades for us really pale ones up here?? :(

Another problem for sensitive acne prone skin is the extremely long ingredient list...you almost need to be a chemist to understand if this contains irritants and comedogenic ingredients... I prefer shorter lists, that usually are safer....

The foundation itself was nice. Light coverage, moisturized look... Even if my extremely oily skin almost makes it impossible to wear liquid foundation, cause it slides and usually causes breakouts...I wanted to have this for special occasions....

(Wasn't able to try if for long enough to be able to say if it would break me out)

But the search goes on!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by Sahara1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am asian and have a fair to medium complexion and usually use Mac NC 40 but the other day I went to to the debenhams chanel counter and told the SA I would like a natural coverage not caked on she told me about the chanel lumiere Aqua which she applied on my face the B30, the B40 was just a bit to dark on my skin so she applied the B30 which looked awesome very natural looking and flawless. its a one stage up to the nars tinted foundation I usually use. I have had no break outs but won't be buying chanel foundation. Simple reason being it contains alcohol which in the long run is not good for your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 10:45:00 AM More reviews by ranneqian

Love this foundation because of the lasting power. It literally doesn't budge when I use it on top of a primer (either Bare Minerals primer or Clarins Beauty Flash Balm) until I remove it with a make up remover. There is no issue of my make up 'sliding' off my face in the humid weather however it tends to oxidise quite a bit so you have to be careful there. I use it during the summer months when I have darker skin and it looks flawless. It covers the discolouration of my skin very well, including the acne scars. The packaging is not the best though. It works like a squeeze bottle so you either get too little or much product at a time. Took me quite awhile to get a hang of how lightly/hard I have to press the bottle. It comes in a plastic bottle which makes it light and convenient for travel.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 12:34:00 AM More reviews by bff

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

now that i've purchased my 3rd bottle of this foundation, i figured it was time to write a review. obviously i really like this product.

i have very sensitive skin, and most foundations either break me out, make my skin look flaky, or increase redness. this one is great. it looks exactly like skin. it's not shiny or matte, it's skin. it lasts all day w/out creasing or fading or doing anything weird. i use it under my eyes too and it's perfect.

i use this w/my fingers. i put a tiny bit in my palm, warm it up w/2 fingers from my other hand, then apply section by section on my face. when i've used nearly all of it, i rub my hands together warming up the rest and making a very thin layer, and then kind of press my palms all over my face to warm up and set the foundation. i hope this isn't totally crazy.