October 24, 2014 | 1943 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 10:45:00 AM More reviews by ranneqian

Love this foundation because of the lasting power. It literally doesn't budge when I use it on top of a primer (either Bare Minerals primer or Clarins Beauty Flash Balm) until I remove it with a make up remover. There is no issue of my make up 'sliding' off my face in the humid weather however it tends to oxidise quite a bit so you have to be careful there. I use it during the summer months when I have darker skin and it looks flawless. It covers the discolouration of my skin very well, including the acne scars. The packaging is not the best though. It works like a squeeze bottle so you either get too little or much product at a time. Took me quite awhile to get a hang of how lightly/hard I have to press the bottle. It comes in a plastic bottle which makes it light and convenient for travel.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 12:34:00 AM More reviews by bff

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

now that i've purchased my 3rd bottle of this foundation, i figured it was time to write a review. obviously i really like this product.

i have very sensitive skin, and most foundations either break me out, make my skin look flaky, or increase redness. this one is great. it looks exactly like skin. it's not shiny or matte, it's skin. it lasts all day w/out creasing or fading or doing anything weird. i use it under my eyes too and it's perfect.

i use this w/my fingers. i put a tiny bit in my palm, warm it up w/2 fingers from my other hand, then apply section by section on my face. when i've used nearly all of it, i rub my hands together warming up the rest and making a very thin layer, and then kind of press my palms all over my face to warm up and set the foundation. i hope this isn't totally crazy.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by sweetsweetchristine

I was searching for a good light hydrating, but not shiny/dewy, foundation for the winter/spring time for a while and I've found the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. Unlike the Chanel Vitalumiere, which turns out to be a big disappointment, I do like this foundation. The consistency is more like a cream, quite rich and heavy, but it blends very well on the face and leaves a very thin, smooth and light finish. The coverage is light to medium and is buildable. The finish is actually quite interesting, it is not matte, not shiny/dewy, it actually looks like your natural skin texture. For winter/early spring time, it lasts almost up to 3/4 day and doesn't give me any oily T-zone, which was a good surprise! But what I don't like about this foundation is the packaging and colour choice. It is very difficult to adjust the amount of foundation and I always either end up with too little or too much of the product. The other down side of the foundation is its colour range. It actually took me a while to decide whether I should use B10 or B20. B10 is slightly paler than my neck but perfect for my face but B20 is just too yellow for me so I end up buying B10 and put a darker shade powder. Overall I like this foundation as a daily wearing makeup and would possibly repurchase it if I can't find anything better than this.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2013 4:02:00 AM More reviews by Aleppanen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am using this on off as the shade during the winter time is slightly off so I tend to use another foundation now at day time and this one for the evening look. I am very happy it covers my couperosa and it lasts very well. Like I said the only thing is the shade, which is little bit off now. That said great coverage and little goes a long way. I actually have two bottles of this already so I will definitely continue repurchasing. Great for combination skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by peronce

This foundation is nice on my skin. She is just wonderful for my combination/oily complexion and smell terrific. It is very easy to apply with a brush (I use the 188), or how I like it better just using my fingers. It feels so light weight on my skin and looks very natural. They only thing I would like for her is to last more, on me it just lasted 6 hours. Other than that, wonderful!
Just make sure you shake it very well before you use it, as is water based.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by alise1968

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this foundation. With a little moisturizer underneath, it gives a light and natural coverage that lasts all day. I swap using it with a tinted moisturizer. The smell is that classic Chanel that makes you feel pretty having it on. Very nice product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 8:24:00 AM More reviews by morphy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought both the liquid and compact cream formulations of this. The compact cream creates glowing skin, but also shows if you look up close. The liquid disappears into my skin and just makes it look better without that "I'm wearing makeup" look. I break out very easily and was worried about this clogging pores, but it hasn't (Note: I do use a Clarisonic and AHAs regularly). I wear this in BR10, a very pale cool shade that is incredibly difficult to find in other brands, for some reason. Thank you Chanel! Will keep buying.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by iheartowls55

This is the most expensive foundation I own, and I'm still kind of on the fence about it. I picked mine up for $45, and I think that's the price most places, which is expensive for a such a small bottle. The pros: The finish of this is awesome. I have oily-combination skin, and it doesn't make me look super shiny, as long as I blot around midday. It just gives you a slightly dewy look, without going overboard, which I love. If you have drier skin and can get away without a powder, it's even better. The cons: It's definitely not a full coverage foundation. I always have to use concealer to cover blemishes or redness. I also find that because of the watery consistency, I have to use a bit more product than I'd like. Granted, these aren't secrets. You can see that as soon as you swatch this, and I knew what I was getting, but just be aware if you're considering purchasing for the first time. Overall, I'd recommend this if you're looking for a very polished, youthful looking finish. If you're looking for a full coverage matte product, you might want to go elsewhere. I love this for special nights and when I'm taking photos, and I'll definitely re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2013 11:54:00 PM More reviews by freerunhen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Overally I would recommend it for dry/normal skin. My oily skin looks with it like an oily pancake.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2013 6:59:00 AM More reviews by roomie97

Gorgeous foundation!!! :)
it is more like a product that is in between a tinted moisturizer and a foundation. because it has better coverage than a tinted moisturizer but less coverage than a foundation. overall, this foundation really makes my skin look dewy and glowing and just AH-MAZING even though i have quite a bad skin! :)

the only thing is that it feels as though it gets a little darker after about 4 hours of applying it..... urgh