November 28, 2014 | 889 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2012 6:20:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

I literally gave up on drugstore foundations, after Revlon colorstay, I was like this is the last straw!! Well you can say whatever you want when you've got money, but when you don't, you look for alternatives-which is what I did. And I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised. So much so that I might buy another tube! The SA asked me during checkout if I wear primer, I said I have some primer and she said you may want to use it before you apply this foundation. So I did, and I can see what she meant, although my "primer" (monistat anti-chaffing gel) didn't do a good job, (escentuates dry flaky skin, fine lines) I decided to apply my SPF underneath. I currently use somme institute SPF, which is greasy and emollient, I think the combination works well and makes my skin sorta glow. The staying power of this foundation is good, its semi-matte, dry patches diminished, coverage great, although be careful as I globbed it on in a hurry the first use and it was sooooo cakey! So lightly apply with a foundation brush or sponge and it will look pretty good. It might clog pores, I'm acne prone and I'm not sure if its something else. But one lippie down for the color selection. I bought ivory 100 and it's not ivory it's almost a warm neutral will would work if your slightly tan. Overall pretty good buy!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2012 1:59:00 PM More reviews by gwynisnotonfire

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is such a fantastic product! Rimmel London is a U.K. brand that is relatively new to the U.S. so when I saw this foundation I was instantly in my "I HAVE TO TRY THIS PRODUCT!" mode. The first thing that threw me off about this foundation is the color. They all appeared to be far too dark for my skin. I am as white as a ghost. Literally. NW15 from MAC is too dark. But nonetheless, I grabbed the lightest shade, Ivory, and decided to give it a go because for the price of $6.50, it wasn't going to be a huge loss if it sucked. I have used this product interchangeably with my Revlon ColorStay and Lancome Teint Idole for about a year now. The coverage is medium to full. The product is a thicker liquid than ColorStay but is easily blendable and natural looking. You can apply this with your fingers with no trouble (I do this when I am in a rush, which is at least once a week) or use a brush. I prefer to use a brush just because I feel it is more sanitary, but it up to you. This foundation covers imperfections really well and lasts all day. I don't even have to touch up! Granted, my skin is dry, not oily, so it may last better on me than it does on someone with oily or combination skin, but I also have acne and I don't even feel the need for concealer most of the time. My only complaints with this outstanding product are the packaging, the color selection, and the thickness. The packaging could be improved greatly with a pump because the squeeze bottle can sometimes give you way too much product. The color range on this product is a little pitiful. I am really fair and this line is much too dark for me. I can blend it a lot and mix it with a lighter foundation to make it work, but it is a hassel. The last issue is that the foundation can look heavy or cakey if you are not extremely careful. Overall, this product is good, not absolutely amazing, but I will still reach for it sometimes. I would recommend it to people with a more tan complexion.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2012 11:50:00 AM More reviews by beautyforless

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Can it be? My HG foundation at $8? I think it might be.
This foundation is seriously long lasting. Easily a comparison to the Revlon Colorstay foundation, but much easier to blend. It also gave me much better coverage of my acne and redness. I still need a concealer, but my acne's bad, so it's not a deal breaker.
What I especially love is how blendable it is. My concealer can blend right in and not stick out like a map on my face. It also gives a nice, dewy finish, and is a welcome relief for my dry skin.
As far as application goes, what works best for me stippling with E.L.F Powder brush. And then...just wait. Wait a couple minutes for the foundation to adjust to your skin. It will look so much better. I find this is the case with most foundations. Give em a couple of minutes and they adjust to your skin. This one does so flawlessly. Then a light dusting of powder is all you'll need. It stays in place so well. I'm impressed!
I only wish they had more color selection. I'm very pale and found that their lightest shade was too pink for me. I went up two shades to True Ivory and it has the undertones and coverage I'm looking for, though slightly darker. I can fix that with the right powder, but a lighter, less pink shade would be appreciated.
Still, this foundation is a steal! I doubt I'll ever go back.
UPDATE: Still loving this foundation. I was at a Macy's the other day, and one of the MAC SA's asked me if I was wearing one of their foundations. She was shocked to find out it was a drugstore brand, and ended up writing down the name. Drugstore foundation that performs like a high end. Love it!
FINAL UPDATE: Reduced the rating to a 4. Yup, it oxidizes.This is nothing new to me, being pale. Nonetheless, I really did love the foundation and formula, but until Rimmel releases a lighter, orange-free shade, I'll keep looking.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 3:29:00 AM More reviews by Nika90

I have the colour 200 Soft Beige and it is the only foundation I have ever found that matches my pale yellowy skin. I also get an incredibly oily forehead that with other foundations I have to constantly powder. With this foundation I get ZERO shine! Not sure if it lasts 25 hours like it says it does but it sure comes close!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2012 3:35:00 AM More reviews by dianaish

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Are you kidding me? A drugstore brand that provides sheer, flawless medium coverage? This stuff is superb, nothing short of spectacular and not just because of price alone. Prepare to be amazed. This reminds me of my first wow experience as a teen buying my first foundation from a drugstore and feeling beautiful. There was a HUGE array of colors to choose from in each skin tone. I took a few tubes of this to the big mirror near the sunglasses stand and held them to my face before selecting one, and it is an exact match. I believe there were a minimum of 16 shades.
I have been in a HE foundation rut so to speak mixing LM, Mac, and Lancome as none of them alone seem quite right.
You DO NOT want to give the tube much of a squeeze as it is quite runny. You Do want to apply sunscreen beforehand. A damp beautyblender or sponge is best but just fingers works great too. Truly incredible coverage., No caking. Feels like skin. Let's not talk about what a bargain it is or they will raise the prices on us, ok? ;)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2012 10:40:00 PM More reviews by kamiekirk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had originally given this a 4 star rating, but as I wore it over the next week, I edited my review and now give it a 2 star rating. Over time, this foundation looks cakey - without a setting powder. It also burns when applied to the face, and this is coming from someone who does NOT have sensitive skin.

PROS:
-price
-blends well
-not greasy, but moisturizing
-the squeeze bottle makes application easy and fast
-reminds me of a BB cream, but has the finish and coverage of a light foundation

CONS:
-the color selection is incredibly lacking, I'm a warm beige and the colors were either incredibly dark or they were a 1/2 shade to 1 shade too light. You may have problems finding an exact match.
-burns on the face

Overall, I'm still in search of a good foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2012 5:45:00 AM More reviews by nicoleleigh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation! I use a stippling brush to apply it and it blends nicely and looks better than my 30 and 40 dollar foundations! I ordered this on beautyjoint.com, otherwise it would of cost me triple, that is if the product is even in New Zealand! I am in the lightest shade, and i feel i could be just a tad lighter but the match isnt too bad. I live the refreshing smell of the foundation compared to other foundations i've had that literally smell like paint. Deffo recommend!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 10:34:00 PM More reviews by goldensyrup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I can't believe I've only just discovered this foundation. I bought the shade 200 which is probably the best match for my NC30 light-medium olive skintone. This really DOES last as long as it says it does but without the cakey heavy feeling you would expect from a product with promises like this.

Be mindful that this is a slightly drier formulation with medium to full coverage so best to use it on freshly moisturised skin and if possible over a primer too otherwise it can tend to settle into fine lines and dry patches.

I took off one lippy because I hate the cheap looking plastic tube. I wish it was presented in a pump style glass bottle instead.

Price: $17.99 AUD.

I would purchase this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by chefjordan

I wasn't very blown away by this foundation. For the price, it is nice. It offers good coverage, and 200 soft beige fits my nc20/25 complexion nicely. The main problem I found is that it is very thick, and I find it difficult to spread it across my skin. I've tried flat-top brushes, my fingers, and a damp sponge seems to work the best. The other problem I found was that it never really sets. You really have to powder it, at which point it looks pretty thick and cakey. It does last fairly well on my combination skin, though. For the price (usually 6-8 $CAD), it's worth a shot!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by seven12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is a ridiculously bad color match for me. I'm NC15-20, but fairly peachy and neutral, not overly golden. I bought this in the lightest shade, Ivory 100, and it looked like it might work at first, despite being a tad dark. After wearing it for a few hours it oxidized (not orange, but RED) to something like NW25ish. My entire face looked like it was covered in sheer rosy blush-- just like a uniform, reddish pink sheen. The crazy thing is that my skin is pretty dry, so foundations never look that shiny on me, and I even had a correcting green primer underneath, because I tend to get a little red around my nose. I debated taking a Benadryl, because my skin was THAT angry and red-looking, but I realized that it's just a really, really bad color match for me. Aside from that, I didn't like the shine or the coverage (spotty and uneven). This is honestly one of the worst foundations I've tried. I've seen a lot of great reviews, so obviously it must work for some people, but it's needless to say I won't be using or buying this product again in the future.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No