December 18, 2014 | 1746 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by kirstiemakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A good drugstore foundation! This was the first ever Rimmel thing I tried - and it matched pretty well! I use the shade 200 Soft Beige, it has quite a strong yellow undertone which is good for me. My skin is VERY OILY and it stays on relatively well (maybe around 6-7 hours) - even better with a good primer. It has medium coverage and can be build-able (I used on the night of my ball/prom and I didn't need any concealer). I'll most likely be buying this one again since I have yet to find a well-priced foundation that is as good as the LF.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2012 12:32:00 PM More reviews by BreeH2012

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This product makes me look white- i am a dark skinned girl
And i bought the darkest color
I really hate this product- it has a nice smell but the darkest shade is too white for me. And it is really unhygienic because it does not have a pump. Though it only cost me £5.
Probably going to try revlon colorstay whipped foundation next after i read the reviews.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2012 11:41:00 AM More reviews by ushaneupane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

foundation given 3 to this product bcz i jus brought it today...i tried and i like how it sets on your face..most foundations accentuate my pores while this one didnt...but unfortunately its not my shade...i might go out n search for my shade bt i will wait few days to see if it breaks me out o

p.s can anyone tell me if this product comea sealed or not??? because mine wasnt sealed n m a bit skeptical to use it

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 1:16:00 PM More reviews by ontario88

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have very dry skin and it is hard to find a foundation that is even a little bit hydrating. I picked this up at Walmart for 8.85 because I watched a review on youtube beforehand stating that this product works. I used it the very next day... I didnt have high hopes or anything but... WOW.

Pros:
-Almost full coverage!
-Hydrating
-Any skin type can use this
- You can double up as a concealer
-Dont have to use a brush to put the product on face
- Can use your fingers
- Doesnt settle in fine lines and creases
-Price is fantastic!
- I also use the rimmel match perfection concealer for my under eyes

Rimmel is coming out with some great products, I noticed!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 3:27:00 AM More reviews by Married2aMarine

I love this foundation. I use it with the Rimmel primer, the pro version that's out now, and it's great. It gives my skin the dewy look, which I really like. It had good coverage and feels like weight on my skin. Not like I'm wearing a mask. The staying power is amazing. It holds up to my 12 hours shifts as a nurse in the E.R. I have a couple dry patches around my lips this time of year, but as long as I wear the primer they don't seem to be an issue. I personally haven't ever worn this foundatoin for 25 hours so I don't know if it last that long. If you need a foundation that will last without breaking the bank I would try this one. I got mine for $4.99 at Target.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2012 6:20:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

I literally gave up on drugstore foundations, after Revlon colorstay, I was like this is the last straw!! Well you can say whatever you want when you've got money, but when you don't, you look for alternatives-which is what I did. And I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised. So much so that I might buy another tube! The SA asked me during checkout if I wear primer, I said I have some primer and she said you may want to use it before you apply this foundation. So I did, and I can see what she meant, although my "primer" (monistat anti-chaffing gel) didn't do a good job, (escentuates dry flaky skin, fine lines) I decided to apply my SPF underneath. I currently use somme institute SPF, which is greasy and emollient, I think the combination works well and makes my skin sorta glow. The staying power of this foundation is good, its semi-matte, dry patches diminished, coverage great, although be careful as I globbed it on in a hurry the first use and it was sooooo cakey! So lightly apply with a foundation brush or sponge and it will look pretty good. It might clog pores, I'm acne prone and I'm not sure if its something else. But one lippie down for the color selection. I bought ivory 100 and it's not ivory it's almost a warm neutral will would work if your slightly tan. Overall pretty good buy!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2012 1:59:00 PM More reviews by gwynisnotonfire

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is such a fantastic product! Rimmel London is a U.K. brand that is relatively new to the U.S. so when I saw this foundation I was instantly in my "I HAVE TO TRY THIS PRODUCT!" mode. The first thing that threw me off about this foundation is the color. They all appeared to be far too dark for my skin. I am as white as a ghost. Literally. NW15 from MAC is too dark. But nonetheless, I grabbed the lightest shade, Ivory, and decided to give it a go because for the price of $6.50, it wasn't going to be a huge loss if it sucked. I have used this product interchangeably with my Revlon ColorStay and Lancome Teint Idole for about a year now. The coverage is medium to full. The product is a thicker liquid than ColorStay but is easily blendable and natural looking. You can apply this with your fingers with no trouble (I do this when I am in a rush, which is at least once a week) or use a brush. I prefer to use a brush just because I feel it is more sanitary, but it up to you. This foundation covers imperfections really well and lasts all day. I don't even have to touch up! Granted, my skin is dry, not oily, so it may last better on me than it does on someone with oily or combination skin, but I also have acne and I don't even feel the need for concealer most of the time. My only complaints with this outstanding product are the packaging, the color selection, and the thickness. The packaging could be improved greatly with a pump because the squeeze bottle can sometimes give you way too much product. The color range on this product is a little pitiful. I am really fair and this line is much too dark for me. I can blend it a lot and mix it with a lighter foundation to make it work, but it is a hassel. The last issue is that the foundation can look heavy or cakey if you are not extremely careful. Overall, this product is good, not absolutely amazing, but I will still reach for it sometimes. I would recommend it to people with a more tan complexion.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2012 11:50:00 AM More reviews by beautyforless

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Can it be? My HG foundation at $8? I think it might be.
This foundation is seriously long lasting. Easily a comparison to the Revlon Colorstay foundation, but much easier to blend. It also gave me much better coverage of my acne and redness. I still need a concealer, but my acne's bad, so it's not a deal breaker.
What I especially love is how blendable it is. My concealer can blend right in and not stick out like a map on my face. It also gives a nice, dewy finish, and is a welcome relief for my dry skin.
As far as application goes, what works best for me stippling with E.L.F Powder brush. And then...just wait. Wait a couple minutes for the foundation to adjust to your skin. It will look so much better. I find this is the case with most foundations. Give em a couple of minutes and they adjust to your skin. This one does so flawlessly. Then a light dusting of powder is all you'll need. It stays in place so well. I'm impressed!
I only wish they had more color selection. I'm very pale and found that their lightest shade was too pink for me. I went up two shades to True Ivory and it has the undertones and coverage I'm looking for, though slightly darker. I can fix that with the right powder, but a lighter, less pink shade would be appreciated.
Still, this foundation is a steal! I doubt I'll ever go back.
UPDATE: Still loving this foundation. I was at a Macy's the other day, and one of the MAC SA's asked me if I was wearing one of their foundations. She was shocked to find out it was a drugstore brand, and ended up writing down the name. Drugstore foundation that performs like a high end. Love it!
FINAL UPDATE: Reduced the rating to a 4. Yup, it oxidizes.This is nothing new to me, being pale. Nonetheless, I really did love the foundation and formula, but until Rimmel releases a lighter, orange-free shade, I'll keep looking.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 3:29:00 AM More reviews by Nika90

I have the colour 200 Soft Beige and it is the only foundation I have ever found that matches my pale yellowy skin. I also get an incredibly oily forehead that with other foundations I have to constantly powder. With this foundation I get ZERO shine! Not sure if it lasts 25 hours like it says it does but it sure comes close!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2012 3:35:00 AM More reviews by dianaish

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Are you kidding me? A drugstore brand that provides sheer, flawless medium coverage? This stuff is superb, nothing short of spectacular and not just because of price alone. Prepare to be amazed. This reminds me of my first wow experience as a teen buying my first foundation from a drugstore and feeling beautiful. There was a HUGE array of colors to choose from in each skin tone. I took a few tubes of this to the big mirror near the sunglasses stand and held them to my face before selecting one, and it is an exact match. I believe there were a minimum of 16 shades.
I have been in a HE foundation rut so to speak mixing LM, Mac, and Lancome as none of them alone seem quite right.
You DO NOT want to give the tube much of a squeeze as it is quite runny. You Do want to apply sunscreen beforehand. A damp beautyblender or sponge is best but just fingers works great too. Truly incredible coverage., No caking. Feels like skin. Let's not talk about what a bargain it is or they will raise the prices on us, ok? ;)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No