July 26, 2014 | 932 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Almay - Non-Oily Eye Makeup Remover Pads

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2007 2:13:00 AM More reviews by makeupisfunyeah

Been using these for a while, and they don't bother my contact wearing eyes too much. They are very easy to use, I find one pad is good enough for my average daily makeup, and two for an evening out. Therefore, a jar of about 80 lasts me quite a while. I like to get the ones in the purple jar, "safe for contact wearers" and I find the price to be reaosnable, about 5 bucks. So not bad. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2007 4:32:00 AM More reviews by Ava79

I purchased these after reading the mixed reviews on mua and i have to agree that these are pretty poor! The smell really is like vodka or something not the sort of thing i want near my eyes. The circular pad is so small, and the pad itself is so thin its like rice paper. I would have expected so much more from Almay but they really missed the mark on these. They are expensive for what they are as well. I took them back to priceline and the sa nodded like she had seen many returned before.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2007 2:35:00 PM More reviews by Gem727

I've been buying these makeup pads for years. No matter how many times I try different makeup brands, I always stay with these pads as the makeup remover. If I'm wearing a lot of eye makeup, it sometimes takes more than 1 pad to get it off, however you can't go wrong for the price!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2007 3:09:00 PM More reviews by mittens86

This is a pretty good product, easy to use. The only problems I have with it are that It takes me a few pads to clean off my make up and they don't work too well on waterproof mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2007 12:08:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

This is probably one of my favorite eye makeup removers because it comes with the pads already soaked in solution. I have purchased these again and again (it's around $5 for 80 pads), though sometimes they are hard to find because apparently, everyone else likes them too, and they're sold out.

As other reviewers have mentioned, it does take sometimes more than one pad per eye, especially when you have heavy eye makeup. If I'm wearing a lot of shadows or heavy liner, I have to use about 2 per eye. Also, this is not as effective on waterproof mascara, in which case I have to defer to the "moisturizing" (ie. oily) version of this product. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2007 5:42:00 AM More reviews by allurexoxo

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I need around 3-5 pads to thoroughly wipe off all of my non-waterproof mascara. The pads are way too small. This product is nothing special. You're better off buying cleansing towlettes, which can cleanse the entire face and remove eye makeup at the same time.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2007 1:33:00 PM More reviews by groucho

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Excellent! I only need 1 pad for both eyes (I only wear mascara), and it takes off every little last bit, so you never end up with surprise little smears after washing your face. They truly are not at all greasy nor soapy. And unfragranced! So no stinging, even with contacts. Have repurchased many times and will continue to do so. A staple for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2007 11:17:00 AM More reviews by Juliet7781

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love these things. I just swipe them across my eyes after cleansing to get off any extra eyeshadow, mascara, or eyeliner. And best of all they're safe to use with my contacts.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2007 11:55:00 PM More reviews by lm378

My all-time favorite, but a little disappointing lately. There seems to be a little too much solution on the pads, leaving me with some residue in and around my eyes. In 12 years of using this product, that never used to happen. Now I have to wipe off the extra with a tissue, which is just weird. Regardless, the stuff never stings, is never greasy, and always removes all my eye makeup. A little more than I'd like to pay, so I try to wait for sales. But just one pad does the job for me every time, so a tub lasts a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2007 6:57:00 AM More reviews by coconnell

i started using almay's makeup remover years ago and had switched to the pads when they came out. i never even had the slightest desire to switch removers and began to take almay for granted, thinking all eyemakeup removers did a good job because i hadn't had any bad experiences.

then came the day i moved to london. i used up my last pack of remover pads, went along to boots (the british version of walgreens) to get some e.m. remover and realized how wrong i'd been for taking almay for granted. the first 2 types i tried not only did a less-than-half-assed job of cleaning off my waterproof eyeliner/mascara base/mascara (which almay NEVER had an issue with), it burnt like a mofo.

finally i said 'screw it' to trying out more removers and thought i might as well get the cheapo one, because all the removers i was getting here were useless. much to my surprise, i've found the boots generic remover works really well and is comparable to almay. finally i've found removers that work on each side of the atlantic!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No