TRESemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

2.1

Hydrofluorocarbon 152a, Alcohol Denatured, Zea Mays Starch (Corn), Magnesium Stearate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Benzyl Alcohol, PPG 3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Fragrance (Parfum), Silica Dimethyl Silylate, PVP, Kaolin, Linalool, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methypropional, Amyl Cinnamal, Hexylcinnamal, Citronellol, Geraniol, Glycerin, Citrus Grandis Fruit Extract (Grapefruit), Citrus Tangerina Peel Extract (Tangerine)

on 5/5/2011 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Thought this would be good for in-between days or when running late. Ew, gross. Not even worth it... tried the product several times, different ways, brushed through and blow-dried. Left my hair flat, heavy, with waxy looking clumps, absolutely worse than just having gone au natural!

on 5/4/2011 6:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This thing produced white flakes on my hair. It looked like I had some serious dandruff going on. I'll stick to baby powder for better, cheaper results thank you very much.

on 5/3/2011 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I read all the reviews after I bought this product at Target (not on sale!). Definitely smells good and if nothing else, will make hair that hasn't been washed smell better! I'd just gotten my hair highlighted and was told not to wash it for a couple of days so granted, my hair was pretty oily at the point when I first used it. I won't say it was miraculous, but it seemed to take some of the oil away and there was no residue or flaking. I maybe should've used more because my hair still felt a bit oily afterward, but I was afraid of overdoing it! Make sure to let product dry a minute or so before you touch/brush. Overall not bad as a refresher - but I'm not sure yet if it will take the place of a wash...guess I'll find out!
**UPDATE - agree with others that while not the worst thing in the world - definitely far from the best. Leaves a weird residue in hair and only good if you need 1-2 hours mileage out of your 'do - will not last the whole day. Would not repurchase and don't recommend. Oribe MUCH better and worth the price.

on 5/2/2011 2:30:00 PM

EW. Doesn't absorb oil, and leaves my hair looking just as greasy with a weird grayish cast. Also makes it feel grungy and gritty and disgusting. Save yourself the trouble and buy a can of Batiste.

on 4/30/2011 2:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I genuinely like this product but it is my first dry shampoo so I might be a little biased lol. I think I enjoy the smell the best. I think you have to use the product properly to make it work. I am mixed race so i use this when I flat iron my hair. I make sure to shake the bottle well before I spray then I lift the top sections of my hair & spray little bursts on the underside vs spraying the hell out of the top of my head. I only spray the roots & then brush the product through my hair with a boar bristle brush to work it through properly. I have sprayed to much before & my hair was a mess. My hair is bright red & I have black roots & when I do it properly they is not hintsof white anywhere in my head. I love the smell of this product it smells like washed hair. I think as with any product you just have to know how to use it properly to acheive optimal results.

on 4/25/2011 2:50:00 PM

Didn't do anything for my hair. Smelled okay...I did go through the entire bottle but will not repurchase. I enjoy "Beyond the zone's" rockstar dry shampoo over this. This can didn't despense enough, I had to spray and spray and my hair still looked greasy.

on 4/24/2011 10:25:00 PM

After several attempts at using this product, I did not like it. It left a clay-like feeling to my hair and made it look unnaturally uniform. It was also hard to wash out afterwards. I wouldn't use it again.

on 4/20/2011 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Horrible product! I, too, wanted to like this inexpensive, easy-to-purchase product, but it does nothing to absorb the oil from my hair. Not only that, but it leaves a white/greenish film on my hair that feels icky and is hard to wash out.

on 4/19/2011 10:34:00 AM

I followed the directions and even tried experimenting with the quantity, time allowance to soak up the oil, massaging, brushing, and even using my hair dryer, but each time I got the same disappointing results. My hair looked and felt greasier and dirtier. I'm glad there are people out there who are able to use this item successful, but I'm not one of them.

Although it does seem to give hair some volume and remove a small portion of excess oils, it leaves an even greasier feeling on roots. The formula leaves hair far too wet and even brushing out the product after application (indicated in the directions) barely removes all the extra product, thus leaving hair feeling dirtier and harder to manage. It does leave a "fresh" scent but it becomes overwhelming.

Video Reviews & Tutorials