December 22, 2014 | 1671 users online

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2011 10:58:00 AM More reviews by mangoekiwi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

All I can say is...wow.

I bought this cream eyeliner in coffee as I was looking for something more natural looking, rather than a harsh black. I've tried several gel eyeliners such as those from Maybelline and Bobbi Brown. I've also tried liquid eyeliners, pencil eyeliners, but all of them (yes, that includes the Bobbi Brown one) ALWAYS smudged onto my lower eyelids due to my oily skin, even if I were to use Urban Decay's eyeshadow primer. Always. I assure you I am not exaggerating.

Imagine my shock when I tried this and found that the product didn't transfer to my lower eyelids for the entire day. Now, most products (foundation, mascara...you name it) don't last very long on me or smudge really badly due to my oily skin. To have something (almost) entirely smudge-proof and relatively long-lasting comes as a shock to me.

However, one very minor gripe I would have for this eyeliner is that it may not be very pigmented, which means you would have to pick up more product and layer it on. Nevertheless, I would definitely highly recommend this to my friends or anyone who's interested in purchasing a brown eyeliner. $3 for such a quality product is an absolute steal.

The only reason why I wouldn't repurchase this is because I don't use eyeliner that often, and there's a lot of that eyeliner in that small bottle to last me for a really long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2011 9:30:00 PM More reviews by DizzyNicky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I usually use the Maybelline gel eyeliner but I recently gave this a shot and bought it when I was surfing the elf website because of a sale. This is creamy, glides on and the pigment is great, very dark black. I have very sensitive eyes that tend to water if there is any sort of fragrance to my eye products and this does not bother my eyes at all. I have only had it for a few weeks so I'm not sure if it will dry out after time like the Wet n Wild brand I reviewed. The Maybelline gel liner doesn't dry at all.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2011 10:32:00 PM More reviews by trillium13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this liner, because a lot of people seem to love it, but I hate it. I've given several colors a chance and I hate all but one of them. They are dry to begin with, but slightly useable. Within a very short time though, they are so dry you can't even work with them, and you end up with a thick flakey mess on your eyelids. The only color I've liked is the teal one, that one seems to be much less dry. I really wish I liked this, because it comes in a ton of colors, but it's awful. :( There are better liners out there even at this price point.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2011 7:53:00 PM More reviews by cchughes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is great! I have this in coffee, and it's a dark brown. I like to wear it on my top lashline and on the outer corner of my waterline, and it lasts all day for me! It's so easy to apply and find at my Target. I can't wait to try more shades!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2011 5:34:00 PM More reviews by danyellec

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ive recently given up pencil liner for this, it stays on all day and is easy to apply. I like to warm it slightly before I use it so I put it in a pocket as I'm doing my foundation so it's more soft. The only downside is that if you do get any transfer onto heavy lids it's difficult to remove. I'd buy again definitely.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2011 5:30:00 PM More reviews by blackhound

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It was worth the $3.00 to try it. But, eh. Not buying it again. One coat does not cover well and it fades and flakes. Sticking with Bobbi Brown.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2011 9:10:00 PM More reviews by SD1

I purchased this product because I currently have been using Clinique cream eyeliner in a pot and applied with a brush.The Clinique goes for 14.50,so I figured why nottry ELF.I bought it and tried it today it is the same as the clinique but a fraction of the price.ELF cream eyeliner is my new go to for 3.00.I am learning the more you spend does not mean it is a better product.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2011 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Hecate29

I own this eyeliner in black.
Generally speaking, it's very creamy, applies nicely.
However, the colour isn't very intense, i have to apply 2-3 coats in order to make it appear black and it's still not the jet black i'm looking for.
Can't complain though, considering the price :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2011 2:38:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

All the colors are fabulous, with the exception of coffee and midnight. As of today, olive is my favorite. e.l.f.'s gel eye liners seem to dry out just as fast as the other brands, so it's a good thing that they are inexpensive. Gunmetal, olive, and copper are my favorites for everyday wear.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2011 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Stefaniey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I finally decided to leap out and buy pot eye liner and while the brush that comes with it is useless, I use with Coastal Scents angled gel liner brush.

Takes about 3 layers to get good coverage but it's got a great texture and it lasts all day. Doesn't smudge, flake or run. I even cried and it held up.

Great value for money, especially if you're like me and you power through black eyeliner.