July 22, 2014 | 2390 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst - Soft Nude 070 [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2010 3:59:00 AM More reviews by ssh786

Soft Nude is what I had hoped NARS Cruising lipstick would look like on me (NC42/43). It was too sheer, looked like I had just clear gloss on no matter how much I applied. Soft Nude is an awesome light fleshy neutral although maybe a tad bit drying without gloss or lip balm after a while. I haven't bought Revlon in years but I'm pleased with this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2010 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Ever84

I am fair/light olive skin tone with naturally peachy lips and felt this did not look good on me at all. A much better nude lipstick with better consistenncy is MAC underplay...but it can only be found on ebay because it was limited addition. Revlon's Soft Nude was also a strange thick consistancy. Problem with getting the wrong type of color in nude lipstick is it makes you look dead. This might work for some with fair white skin tones but not fair/olive.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2010 12:07:00 AM More reviews by Juliasyji

This is very similar to MAC cherish for me. I wish it was a bit more hydrating and also a bit more fleshy like freckletone but I do like this a lot. Not a perfect nude for me but I like it a lot. Will be my everyday lipstick until I find something else. Oh n the base of this lipstick is very weak. Mine is sort of moving around n getting scraped along the side body when I twist this up. It's messy n I have heard other people complain about the Same issue. Get cherish from MAC same color, better quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2010 7:53:00 PM More reviews by vietcouture

Wow, i can honestly say right now, this is my FAVE nude lipstick. I know i have said that with many other lipsticks :p But really, compared to my MAC and YSL lipsticks. My MAC Creme d'nude and myth look scary white on my lips when i swipe the lipstick across my lips, so i have to dab it.. which takes forever. I LOVE my YSL #2 but its a bit too cakey sometimes, so i have to dab that too. With this Revlon in Smooth Nude, i can swipe it across my lips as many times and it would still be the PERFECT nude colour for my skintone. We recently got these in Canada, and i found mine at Wal-Mart for about $8CDN. It's an alright price, but whatever, well worth it! The packaging it cute too, but i don't know if it's just mine but the packaging kinda scrapes the product a little when you twist up the stick. All in all, i love this!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2010 7:27:00 PM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This color was horrible with my pale skin and dirty blonde hair. Just ghastly really. Made me teeth look yellow too. And the formula was very...unforgiving. Just not good. I have a few of the CB lippies that I like and I have a few more (this one included) that just blow. Hit or miss product, this was a miss for me. Looks cute on others though, especially if your tan. Just make sure your lips are really smooth when you wear this...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2010 3:49:00 PM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Nine times out of ten (and I am completely making up this statistic... but it's got to be close) when I see a great nude lip on a FOTDer and I think, "Wow, that nude lipcolor is exceptionally flattering and not too beige, pink, or peach," I'll scroll down to the products listed and it will be Revlon Colorburst lipstick in Soft Nude. It's taken us by storm because it flatters so many skin tones... not everyone's... but a lot of people. I am pale, pale white, and I constantly have to play with many nude lips, layering liners and glosses until I feel sufficiently un-undead. ELF Natural Nymph? I love it, but it's too white by itself. Revlon Nude Attitude? I love it, but it's too orange-y by itself. This I can put on straight from the tube and it's the perfect creamy medley of peach, pink, and beige. Depending on undertones, on some people it pulls pink; on some it pulls peach. It's got just enough color and brightness to it that it's never corpse-y on me. Plus, it feels so lush and smooth on.

15 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2010 10:15:00 AM More reviews by Shopaholic818

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

One of the best drugstore lipsticks! The formula is fantastic, it's super smooth, creamy, and somewhat rich.
    It is a bit pricey for drugstore, but very worth it!
    The only issue for me is that the color can sometimes be a bit too nude for my lips, and it makes me look dead. I usually only apply one coat, and it completely nudes out my lips. But I must say that it looks fantastic with any colored lipgloss over it.
    Like many others have mentioned, it's true that if your lips are chapped then you should NOT use this as it will only accentuate the dryness. But I say, just try to keep your lips as moisturized as possible!
    Of course, the packaging is fabulous. I love the quilted look, and it looks so cute packed in my purse.
    Bottom Line: Not quite your everyday nude, but get it if you're looking for that perfect super nude lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2010 4:40:00 PM More reviews by jessmarie09

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful light nudey peachy color. I am MAC NC 42 and this color is not too light. It looks great with a smokey eye or just with a nice tannish blush and no/nude eyeshadow. I wear it everyday. The texture is smooth but not too creamy. It is long lasting (a couple of hours on my lips, but I have a tendency of chewing off my lipstick). There is no noticeable fragrance or odor. I would recommend, although at $9 a pop it may be cheaper than MAC but still very pricey for drugstore. Having said that, I would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2010 2:39:00 PM More reviews by iweenana

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

With this lipstick, it looks good depending on the day for me. Sometimes it would look flawless with my nude gloss on top, but sometimes it wood look just awful! Its something about the formula that makes it settle in fine lines and just exaggerate any type of dryness. If your lips are chapped, forget about this. It will make your lips looks 5x times worse. But if you catch it on a good day it will look fabulous. The color is not too pale and doesnt make me look dead. Lasts for a nice amount of time if you exfoliate, line your lips, etc.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2010 3:35:00 AM More reviews by chloeemina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this color and the packaging looks cute! However, I HATE the texture. It makes my lips look horribly chapped, even with chapstick underneath. At first, I thought it was my lips so I tried exfoliating them multiple times. But no matter what my lips still looked flakey up close!