April 18, 2014 | 1963 users online

Concealers - Make Up For Ever - Full Cover Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2011 9:23:00 PM More reviews by blueingreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

MUFE Full Cover concealer is like applying paint to your face in the best possible way--it's extremely thick and pigmented. It blends well, as long as you work quickly, and dries down without feeling heavy or like it's sitting on your skin. I've never had any issues with creasing (and I have worn it heavily under my eyes) or oxidation. Will absolutely repurchase, in spite of the price. For reference, I wear nc20-25 in MAC and Vanilla 5 in Full Cover.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2011 4:40:00 PM More reviews by ScarletAuroraMB

Made 3 trips to Sephora for a color match. And got 2 different "sales ladies" who handed me the wrong shade. I simply just think that this line of concealers doesn't have my shade or tone. The first time i was given 4. Got home and tried it and it left brown orange muddy streaks on my face. Brought it back. Another lady gave me 3. Got home and it was just a lighter version of 4 but still orange and muddy. Went back a 3rd time and she tried the last shade which went on far too light! I can't speak for quality of the concealer itself because i think their color selection was just not made for me. :S

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2011 11:48:00 AM More reviews by tomakeupchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In my eternal quest for the perfect under eye concealer, I decided to try this MUFE full cover. I had heard good things about it and was excited to try it. It is VERY important to note that I am reviewing this product for use as an under eye concealer as I think for blemishes and other areas of the face other than the under eye may be better suited for this product. Unfortunately my conclusion is that this is just an average full coverage concealer with an above average price tag. As such I would not repurchase.

The Pros:
- Excellent colour selection. One of my main pet peeves with concealers is this light, medium, or dark business. That doesn't cut it with foundations and it won't cut it with concealers. MUFE as always provides an above average selection in terms of colour thus ensuring many people will find a match. My perfect match was 7 and I was quite pleased with the colour.

Very good coverage. This is a full cover concealer and it does a very good job of hiding dark circles. It is very pigmented and so you only need the tiniest amount to cover. Think just a tiny drop from the squeeze tube - that is enough to do both eyes and you may have some left over. I think it would be excellent for use on blemishes or other discoloration.

The Cons.
The texture - very dry. This is why I feel this would probably work better on blemishes or other areas other than the very delicate under eye area. This concealer is not as smooth as other full coverage concealers I have tried (like IT's bye bye under eye) and this is part of what turns it into a hot mess. Even using tiny amounts and using a moisturizer under (for reference I have combination skin), I found it to become quite cakey and emphasize lines and wrinkles that I otherwise didn't know I had. Yes I suppose the darkness is gone, but its replaced by something equally ugly - cakey makup, collecting in creases.

Longevity - Like all many other concealers this didn't last a full day on me(which might be a good thing all things considered). By the end of my workday the darkness is visible, along with some collected concealer in fine lines, which helped to highlight the lines :|.

Price - Considering the fact that it was cakey and didn't last I think it is overpriced. There are comparable products at lower price points.

Overall I would not repurchase. Perhaps for other uses such as blemishes or other areas other than the under eye, it may be better suited. I cannot comment on such for that was not my reason for purchase and that was not how I used it. For dark undereye circles I would definitely not recommend. There are other, less drying, full coverage concealers out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2011 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Katrinket

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my second tube. The first lasted me a full two years! So even though it costs $30, I can't say it's that spendy really. A teensy bit goes a long way. Luckily the tube allows you to dispense teensy amounts.

My first tube was shade #4. It was a pretty good match, but I just realized that #3 is a better match. 3 is not any lighter than 4, it's just a different color. As far as I can tell, 3 and 5 are warmer/pinker while 4 is grayer. I know it sounds strange to say warmer and pinker at the same time. Usually pinker would be consider cooler, I know. I thought this the first time when I bought # 4, but I wrongly assumed that #3 would be too light. It isn't any lighter! I had a large sample of #5 over the summer, and that's definitely the color for summer for me. It's 3, but with a bit of a tan.

Now, if you are looking for under eye concealer, do not buy this. It is not for that.
It goes on like a thick creamy foundation that stands out like a sore thumb at first, then it dries and disappears. Blur the edges before it dries, either with your fingertip or a brush. after it dries, I go over it with mineral makeup. Everyday minerals linen or sunkissed beige matches #3, light neutral matches #5.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2011 3:00:00 AM More reviews by Bbananas

This conceal looks amazing on skin. Usually with high coverage anything I find it makes skin look fake, cakey, and feels super uncomfortable. This concealer blended perfectly to cover acne, hyper pigmentation, and is one of the few concealers I can put under my eyes without it looking dry and ugly. I wish it was a little less expensive but for the quality and it's beautifully real look on my skin I definitely say it's worth it anyway.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2011 10:47:00 AM More reviews by azaleadeez

The 1st tube I got was fantastic. It provided opaque coverage with the ease of a cream application and it truly lived up to its name - full cover. However, the coverage is just not the same in the 2nd tube that I bought. It only gives sheer-medium coverage, even when applied with a concealer brush.

I set it with powder foundation and it does last all day on oily skin.

Edit: One tip to increase the coverage of this concealer or probably with any other liquid concealer or foundation is to squeeze it out into another container and air dry it for a couple of hours until it turns slightly matte then close the lid until you need to use it or speed up the process with a hairdryer. By doing so I managed to get the same opaque coverage that I got from the 1st tube I bought so it's awesome since I have a lot of scars to cover these days.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2011 11:51:00 PM More reviews by sexonthebeach

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Dry and cakey and gives me painful cystic acne. I do not recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2011 11:06:00 AM More reviews by MakeupMyWorld21

This is the best concealer I have tried-by far. For me, this works well for everything. Under eye and for blemishes. I have few blemishes and it hides them all. This is an ultra long-lasting, matte finish, oil-free, waterproof, full coverage concealer. It covers major imperfections like scars, hyperpigmentation, major discoloration, burns, and tattoos. This light and creamy concealer contains a high concentration of pigments that stay put, making it perfect for use on the face, as well for the under eye. Def my HG concealer. I'm in the shade Vanilla 5. I use this with my MAC 195 concealer brush on top of my Chan Vitalumiere Aqua foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2011 2:01:00 AM More reviews by panhiax2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this MUFE full cover concealer. I have the misfortune to have oily skin, skin discoloration/hyperpigmentation, and pimples that pop up on that time of the month. For color reference I am MAC NC 20 in winter/NC 25 in summer/ Estee Lauder DoubleWear foundation in Sand/Revlon Colorstay foundation in 180 Sand Beige. I use the MUFE Full Cover concealer in shade #6 for skin discoloration near the upper cheek bones and #7 for the rest of my face.

This concealer covers pimples and acne well and it will cover light to medium-ish skin hyperpigmentation, however, it will not cover really dark hyperpigmentation or other dark skin discoloration unless you really cake this thing on. Regardless, I really do like how this concealer performs because once it is on it does not budge.

I also have the Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage concealer in SC-3, and although the level of coverage of both concealers are about the similar, I would have to say that I prefer the MUFE Full Cover concealer because it lasts much longer. In comparison to the Hardy Candy Glamoflauge, the level of coverage is about the same but the Glamoflauge is greasy (which is good for dry skin) whereas the Full Cover is matte (good for oil skin). Anyhow, I would definitely buy this concealer again.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2011 2:27:00 PM More reviews by stillnquiet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this concealer, it does its job right. but it is NOT for the under eye. at least not for me.
theres just something about the packaging I don't really like.