July 28, 2014 | 1384 users online

Concealers - Make Up For Ever - Full Cover Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by ctanguyen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've had the same tube for 2 years and it hasn't dried and still works great. There is no funky oil and product separation layer. I'm an Mac NC43 and I'm shade 10 in this concealer. I have horrible cystic acne and pot-hole-size scars on my cheeks. This stuff makes me look so great on camera!!! Recently I've switched to concealing after foundation and I've found that it works better for me since rubbing on the foundation rubs off the concealer a bit. I have dry skin so sometimes I have to moisturize really well before applying the everything so it doesn't cake. I like that it doesn't look cake-y if I apply a lot on a big blemish. I literally cover both my cheeks and my underneath my jawline and I still have so much product after 2 years. As everyone has said, a little goes a long way! This product definitely covers very very well and is a miracle worker for my horrible acne. I want to buy another tube because I love it so much but I still have so much left in the tube.

This concealer definitely is too thick to gunk onto my undereye circles. I use estee lauder's Ideal Light which illuminates the undereye circles so the area under my eye would pick up more light and therefore, not look dark instead of trying to somehow pack on a lot of concealer to try to cover it. a similar concept to highlighting your cheekbones ;] I do rounds in the hospital until wee hours of the night and I look great even though I feel like a zombie.

I'll admit the concealer is perfect for my skin (light enough; doesn't oxidize into some muddy brown) because it has a yellow undertone so it might not work for those of you with a different undertone. And not everyone's skin (mixed their moisturizers, etc) will react the same way to any one product. But I'm very happy with this concealer for blemishes on my face.

the website suggests getting 2 shades lighter and i suggest you go to Sephora, dab some on your hand, walk around the mall for an hr or two and then run to the car and stare at it in natural light and see if you like how it looks. Or better yet, dab some foundation on top of it too since everything might oxidize differently when mixed together. Mac's cream foundation and this concealer works well for me.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 12:31:00 PM More reviews by sstanding

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been a long time lurker of MUA, and never found a product that I loved/hated enough to write a review. After browsing the site one day at work, I came across this product. I had heard of MUFE before, as a girlfriend of mine uses the HD Foundation and loves it. So I decided to give it a shot. A bit pricey at about $39 (I think), I was a bit skeptical but a little goes a LONG way, so I can see this lasting a while!

Before I bought this, I was using Revlon Colorstay concealer. I loved the foundation and thought the concealer would work equally well. The whole time I was using it, I thought it was normal that after 3 hours, a blemish or spot I had tried to cover up was showing again, thus forcing me to apply several layers throughout the day. Once I started using Full Cover, I realized that it was NOT normal!!

I should also mention that I dont use this under my eyes, but only on blemishes and acne scars. I no longer have to worry about having pimples on an important day or event, as this stuff completely covers it up if I do. I apply it over Smashbox Hydrating Primer with a Sephora concealer brush. Topped with MAC Mineral Powder, it gives me the same look as if I was wearing liquid + powder foundation! Flawless.

I havent noticed any breakouts using this, and although the price is steep, I will continue buying this forever! It is wonderful concealer and works great to cover imperfections. On a recent vacation with my boyfriend, I was applying my makeup in the bathroom while he was getting ready beside me. While applying this concealer, my boyfriend commented, "Wow! That stuff really does work!". I've even used it on him when he has small blemishes ;) If you're unsure about this stuff, ask a Sephora SA for a small sample (like I did)...once you try it, you will fall in love!!!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2012 3:38:00 AM More reviews by Sylvia66

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I think this was the best concealer ever in covering my white under eye circles. Shade #2 perfect for lighter skin. Not too rosy or yellow. Sadly it was discontinued. Tried #1. It was awful! Looked like pink liquid paper. Would I buy this product again? Only if #2 was brought back.

BTW, with this product, a little goes a long way!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Mooshminky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure if I got a dud or something, but I don't find this concealer as hot as everyone's saying. The coverage is definitely NOT full coverage - Illamasqua's Rich Foundation did a much better job in covering than this one. Not only that, it rubs off REALLY REALLY easily. I would probably compare this to Lancome's Effacernes when it comes to the coverage (which probably builds up to a medium, definitely not full), but Effacernes stays put longer and does not cake as MUFE's. I bought this for my horrendous undereye circles, but I'll probably mix it with foundations that needed a little more coverage (so my money won't be wasted). BOOOOOOOOOO!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2011 3:32:00 PM More reviews by marybob

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Excellent staying power for blemishes not covered by my clinique almost powder foundation in Neutral Fair. #5 is an excellent match for my nw20ish skintone. I say I would buy this again if I lost it but i doubt I'll ever get to end of this tube. Very little is needed. I ran into a Sephora when I was travelling and an excellent salesman helped me with the color. Its so hard to get the right tint sometimes, but he was right on. I noticed this doesn't contain things that can make me breakout.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2011 12:16:00 PM More reviews by TwiPixie

I am on my second tube of this and I will continue to buy it because nothing else that away my genetic dark circles. I know its too heavy and drying but if you are good with your undereye moisturizer or those cold rollers you really can pull it off and it doesnt look cakey. Also a good tip is to use your eyeshadow primer underneath it so it doesnt crease.
Weirdly enough I never really use it in pimple because I feel as it doesnt really do much for them. I dont get pimples very often but when I do I use a green corrector and then some powder or let it be.
Still this works better than my Lancome Effacernes which costed my twice as much.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2011 2:05:00 AM More reviews by stefandomen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Uh- did all Sephora employees write these reviews? I actually felt anger after using this concealer and I don't have that much to conceal! It did not cover at all like what I expected from the reviews- and Beautypedia liked it too! There is some funny business going on here! I tried numerous ways to apply but it was just crap. And their Lift Concealer for under my eyes was even worse at concealing, and I don't even have circles! If this concealer works for you, great. But to all considering purchasing this, make sure the store has a decent return policy!
Edit: ok, I now know how to correctly use concealer and I now give this 4 stars (4.5) since it is good at covering blemishes and staying put. Not for under eyes- duh.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 7:02:00 PM More reviews by HanadiSaid

I got a large sample of this yesterday and I applied it under my eyes at 11am and at 10pm it still looked perfect! I think I have found my HG undereye concealer. Its staysput, doesn't turn gray, or crease......perfect little beauty.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2011 6:00:00 PM More reviews by goldenbrown

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ugh! This is supposed to be max coverage, I am really angry because I am desperate to find a great full coverage concealer that does not come off. I literally just layered four layers of this onto a spot and it did not cover! Talk about bad coverage. Ugh how is this marketed as such a full coverage supreme hero? Not to mention the cap does not go on properly and the shade is a little orange, I wear porcelain and I am PPP, and it has a slight orange tint. Hate this because it sounded perfect for me and doesn't work. and it dries my skin out, the concealer just flakes off leaving red spots bare, ugh! I've never been so angry about a product, I HATE this!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2011 4:01:00 PM More reviews by braziliannut

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

hey everyone <3 so this product is pretty great. im upset though because i got shade 8 and its too dark so it doesnt really lighten my dark circles lol. i'll be getting a lighter shade next time, but when i put it on, its very thick and blends easily and covered EVERYTHING :) im so happy with it :) and i use this with the hd foundation and hd finishing powder. let me tell you baby its BLISS. its like airbrushed perfection. so many compliments and nobody can tell i just wokeup and got like 4 hours of sleep. if you want to look refreshed at all times, try out this darling :)

sincerely,