E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

4.2

Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica Amorphous. (ONLY 2 INGREDIENTS.) (RATED LOWEST TOXIC FACE POWDER ON EWG)

on 7/19/2012 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Gives a very matte finish and looks good on just my bare skin. Because of how matte it is, it can make your face look flat and one-dimensional so you have to wear blusher. I use this over MAC Select Cover Up (NC30) on my casual days and I'm good to go with a little blush, mascara and lip gloss. Good also as a touch up powder over foundation.

on 7/11/2012 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I Really liked this powder it gives my makeup a matte finish and has a smooth touch. Tip in order for the powder not to be messy when you first buy it open the film carefully and use some tape and tape most of the holes but leave like two lines. Clear works better but I only had brown packaging tape.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

the translucent gave me a ghost cast on flash photography, Absolutely hate it! although i must say, the powder is fairly nice and so FINE. I would LOVE it so much without that white cast

on 7/8/2012 11:37:00 PM

I def. think this powder surpasses the MUFE hd powder since I for one actually like the packaging (I know, I"m like the only one!) You really only need the tiniest bit otherwise it will cause a "ghost" face in flash photography (like most hd powders will) but when used correctly it gives a great long lasting finish. Would def repurchase if I ever run out!

on 7/8/2012 11:19:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

One of the best setting powders ever! I'm a makeup artist and have used every expensive brand out there. This powder is the one I always go back to and for $6! A must have if you like the soft porcelain matte look.

on 7/8/2012 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

a great way to set my powder. it almost has a softening effect to my face in how it makes my skin look so even and matte

on 7/7/2012 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I love this product as a setting powder as it seems to reduce look of fine lines and pores. It also gives a soft focused look when used as finishing powder. Warning: A little goes a long way and overuse could come out a bit powdery or ashy but it has never gone cakey on me.

on 7/3/2012 1:28:00 AM

1. Price: For $6.00, you get a product that rivals the most expensive ones out there and even surpasses their quality.

2. Packaging: Let's face it, no product comes without at least one flaw and the packaging is this product's only flaw. The bulky jar is not travel friendly. I just slapped some gorilla glue on each hole in the sifter with the exception of a few in order to avoid spillage. I like the look of the jar, all they should do is add a sifter with a snapping lid that closes.

3. Quality: This powder is finely milled. If you dab some between your fingers it feels sooooo soft. When applied to the skin it makes everything smoother. It is way better than MUFE HD POWDER....WAY BETTER!!!!!!!

-SIDENOTE-

Today I was at my sister's house and my 12yr old niece asked me: "What happened to the little holes in your face?" She was referring to my enlarged pores. I told her: "What about them?" And explained to her that the enlarged pores were partially caused to the toll that cancer treatments took on my skin. She then told me: "No, I mean they're not there anymore, I don't see them." Oh my God, this reinforced my love for this powder.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I completely agree with what shimmerlove said about this powder. I have very oily skin with big pores and acne scars. I even have dry patches on my cheeks because of the benzoyl peroxide that I put on to treat my acne. This powder blurs all of that and makes me look magical...haha. I feel much more confident knowing that this is on my face. I set my foundation with this and it keeps me oil free for at least 8 hours. If I see oil coming through I just pat a bit of this and BAM! No more shine. I will repurchase this over and over again.

on 6/29/2012 2:55:00 PM

I had been using MUF HD powder for over a year when I discovered this for, what, 1/5 of the price? Fantastic product, just as good as MUF in my experience, and I am so glad I found this.

Video Reviews & Tutorials