E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

4.2

on 7/26/2012 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Amazing rating but this powder is not living up to its hype for my skin. I have incredibly dry yet shiny, redness prone, sensitive skin. This powder only had two pros and many cons for me.

Pros: cheap and helps blur fine lines around the eyes temporarily.

Cons: Bulky packaging and yes I did only punch out a few holes with a needle - stuff still goes everywhere. My skin itches with this on it for a good few hours. It doesn't remove shine for me, looks good in daylight but shine city in flash photography. My skin feels tighter but not in a good way. Despite only using a small amount and buffing and blending until the cows came home, I still got a slight ghost look in flash photos.

I will only use this to set my eye concealer so this product should last me til the end of my days and no I will most certainly not be repurchasing.

on 7/24/2012 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Just got this today because I felt like I wanted to start just using a tinted moisturizer instead of heavy foundation for my work week ( I work in a small office where I am usually the only one here) I decided to give this a try for a light powder and am I glad I did! Right after applying it my face looked smooth and even. My only regret is that I did not try this sooner. Love it.

on 7/23/2012 11:10:00 AM

It's summer and its hot. My skin, like a good amount of the ladies here, decides to pump out the oil like there's no tomorrow, leaving me with an oil slick for a face :I
I usually relied on my Maybelline Mineral Power translucent veil to set my foundation or mattify my face but i was running out. So I figured I could try something new and since the reviews for this powder were pretty good, why not?

The packaging is a square, matte plastic box with the elf logo on the lid. Inside, the powder is white and fluffy, and it looks like there's a lot of product. The main ingredient seems to be silica spheres, followed by fillers and what seems to be dimethicone.

OH also, i read that powder seems to get out through the lip between the sifter and the box. I just superglued it to avoid that and it seems to work just fine at keeping the powder in check. :)

Hmmmmm. interesting.

I gave it a test run with fit Me! foundation which is notorious for transferring (at least for me it is hehe) Using the puff in a rolling, rocking motion on my skin to press it into the foundation, I then took a flat top kabuki to wipe off the excess and work it into the skin a bit. The results were pretty great, seeing that my face looked velvety and even-toned. I did notice at first it looked a *bit* ashy and one-dimensional, but a few minutes later, it seemed to absorb some oil and settle into my face a little better, which made it look absolutely beautiful, almost porcelain-esque.

After about 6 hours, my face was starting to get oily which for me is a pretty long time between touch ups, and even then it was only a small amount of grease to blot up. So far so good.

on 7/22/2012 1:26:00 AM

Pros:
- Cheap
- Hides pores
- 3 ingredients
- Doesn't irritate my sensitive acne prone skin
- Creates a very smooth and flawless application
*one of the best setting powders i've used so far

Cons:
- Can enhance dryness if too much is used
- Not photo friendly (Turns white in flash photography)

Overall i highly recommend this product! Taking away one star because it doesnt work with dry spots very well!!

on 7/19/2012 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Gives a very matte finish and looks good on just my bare skin. Because of how matte it is, it can make your face look flat and one-dimensional so you have to wear blusher. I use this over MAC Select Cover Up (NC30) on my casual days and I'm good to go with a little blush, mascara and lip gloss. Good also as a touch up powder over foundation.

on 7/11/2012 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I Really liked this powder it gives my makeup a matte finish and has a smooth touch. Tip in order for the powder not to be messy when you first buy it open the film carefully and use some tape and tape most of the holes but leave like two lines. Clear works better but I only had brown packaging tape.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

the translucent gave me a ghost cast on flash photography, Absolutely hate it! although i must say, the powder is fairly nice and so FINE. I would LOVE it so much without that white cast

on 7/8/2012 11:37:00 PM

I def. think this powder surpasses the MUFE hd powder since I for one actually like the packaging (I know, I"m like the only one!) You really only need the tiniest bit otherwise it will cause a "ghost" face in flash photography (like most hd powders will) but when used correctly it gives a great long lasting finish. Would def repurchase if I ever run out!

on 7/8/2012 11:19:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

One of the best setting powders ever! I'm a makeup artist and have used every expensive brand out there. This powder is the one I always go back to and for $6! A must have if you like the soft porcelain matte look.

on 7/8/2012 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

a great way to set my powder. it almost has a softening effect to my face in how it makes my skin look so even and matte

Video Reviews & Tutorials