October 23, 2014 | 925 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Drama

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2011 8:16:00 PM More reviews by NIENEL

By far the greatest high end mascara purchased.

I have tried Lancome Hypnose and I absolutely love it. I decided to try Hypnose Drama. This mascara gives high volume, no clumps, and gives you dramatic looking lashes. I got the mascara in the darkest black they have. I honestly look like I have false lashes on. I highly recommend this product to anyone looking for a dramatic effect for their lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2011 6:59:00 PM More reviews by pixiedustpb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

once again lancome has blown me away with a mascara! this is another one that give great length and volume. the name speaks for its self!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2011 1:21:00 PM More reviews by x3marionette

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favourite...! Simply the most amazing thing I've ever put on my lashes.

The formula is waxy and not liquidy, so it doesn't require a ton of scraping off the excess. Also it is extremely buildable, layer after layer adds tons of volume. It is also quite lengthening for me.

I like the curvy brush, it helps to almost pick up and raise my lashes for added effect. Also I can reach in and get my inner lashes, which are always a pain...

The price is the reason why I don't use this every single day. But I do believe it's worth it, for all it does.

Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2011 12:42:00 AM More reviews by Tati05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I adore this mascara! It actually took a week or two for it to grow on me but now it's one of my favorites. Initially it's very gloopy and doesn't go on very smoothly. I was furious when I first tried it! After a week I tried it again and it seemed to have thickened up a bit and made my lashes look stunning. It was easy to build on and washed off nicely without a tough eye makeup remover. Give it a chance!! It's worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2011 11:34:00 AM More reviews by anitacs9101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This mascara really packs color on haha! It's great for 1-2 coat extreme volume, if you're into that. Which I am because I'm too impatient to apply coat after coat after coat XD

Isn't the best at separating so lashes can look a little clumpy if you don't do it right. I'm not sure I like the brush shape I never really did like curved brushes. It doesn't hinder me as much as most curved brushes though so it's ok.

Doesn't flake or smudge, holds curl ok. I would not buy again because drugstore mascaras can give me the same or better effect for way cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2011 12:45:00 PM More reviews by TheSarahMaire

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't understand why this mascara gets such bad reviews because i LOVE it. The first time i got it my aunt sent it to me and i was so happy to be trying one of lancome's famous mascaras. My opinion is that this stuff is fantastic! It separates my lashes very well and give my very thin lashes the most volume i've seen while still looking like my lashes. I went to the dentist and she gave me a compliment on my lashes when i was wearing this. She said my lashes were super long and voluminous. This stuff works wonders for me and doesn't flake at all, unless you rub it (but what mascara doesn't flake or smear if you do that?) definitely recommend to anybody who needs the extra boost of volume!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/18/2011 9:12:00 PM More reviews by Happy_go_lucky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I quite like Lancome Hypnose so on a whim, I'd thought I'd give the Drama version a try. This mascara is horrible. I can't remember the last time I used such a terrible mascara, maybe during high school when I could only afford the cheapest stuff.
This mascara is extremely clumpy and it flakes like you would not believe. I don't think I've ever had a mascara with such bad flaking. I felt like Barbara Cartland wearing this stuff, glued together lashes and black dirt under my eyes.
I rarely throw makeup away, preferring to keep it on hand just in case but this stuff went straight in the bin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2011 10:16:00 AM More reviews by LuluFaye

Oh Wow! I love love LOVE this mascara! Having previously used the Hypnose, with the Lancome lady herself saying some customers found the Drama brush tricky, upon replacing my Hypnose a few days ago I found myself biting the bullet and purchasing the Drama!

And boy, I am so glad I did. My lashes are very fine, and okay, I cheat with Estee Lauder primer as a base coat, as I have to do with ALL mascaras to get the look I like, but this stuff is the cherry on the cake! At last, beautiful curled intense lashes.
I can build with it, but probably best to be quick about it to avoid the clumping some reviewers have experienced! I love the brush too and its shape means that even the outer corners get coated and pulled out to widen the eye.

This is a miracle mascara for my eyes! Brilliant!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2011 8:00:00 AM More reviews by Mimmychen

my new favourite mascara.
this one makes my short lashes so long and voluminous. i wear contacts and i don't have problems when i use this mascara ♥
it doesn't smudge or anything.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2011 2:49:00 AM More reviews by Steph6xo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So disappointed that I purchased this. It wasn't cheap either!
Goes on clumpy, looks clumpy, hard to apply -the brush is not fantastic- and can be really smudgy before it dries. I really wanted to try the original Lancome Hypnose but saw this and the lady at the makeup counter convinced me to try this instead for a more 'dramatic' look. So thinking this would make my eyes really pop, I bought it. Now I wish I read some reviews first or just stuck to the plan of buying the normal Hypnose...
To make this look good, it takes me twice as long to apply and perfect.
It works fine if you take the time to apply and you follow with a clean spare mascara brush to tidy it up and comb out the clumpy messy bits but who wants to do that? It should go on perfectly first time around for that price! Arrrgh. Fail.
PS, this is just my personal opinion, everyone likes their eyes different and some people like the heavy clumpy look. I personally prefer ease of application with evenly coated, nicely separated, thicker, longer looking lashes which are still able to look natural...Should have just stuck to my Clinique High Impact!