July 30, 2014 | 1802 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Drama

rated 1 of 5 on 7/18/2011 9:12:00 PM More reviews by Happy_go_lucky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I quite like Lancome Hypnose so on a whim, I'd thought I'd give the Drama version a try. This mascara is horrible. I can't remember the last time I used such a terrible mascara, maybe during high school when I could only afford the cheapest stuff.
This mascara is extremely clumpy and it flakes like you would not believe. I don't think I've ever had a mascara with such bad flaking. I felt like Barbara Cartland wearing this stuff, glued together lashes and black dirt under my eyes.
I rarely throw makeup away, preferring to keep it on hand just in case but this stuff went straight in the bin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2011 10:16:00 AM More reviews by LuluFaye

Oh Wow! I love love LOVE this mascara! Having previously used the Hypnose, with the Lancome lady herself saying some customers found the Drama brush tricky, upon replacing my Hypnose a few days ago I found myself biting the bullet and purchasing the Drama!

And boy, I am so glad I did. My lashes are very fine, and okay, I cheat with Estee Lauder primer as a base coat, as I have to do with ALL mascaras to get the look I like, but this stuff is the cherry on the cake! At last, beautiful curled intense lashes.
I can build with it, but probably best to be quick about it to avoid the clumping some reviewers have experienced! I love the brush too and its shape means that even the outer corners get coated and pulled out to widen the eye.

This is a miracle mascara for my eyes! Brilliant!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2011 8:00:00 AM More reviews by Mimmychen

my new favourite mascara.
this one makes my short lashes so long and voluminous. i wear contacts and i don't have problems when i use this mascara ♥
it doesn't smudge or anything.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2011 2:49:00 AM More reviews by Steph6xo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So disappointed that I purchased this. It wasn't cheap either!
Goes on clumpy, looks clumpy, hard to apply -the brush is not fantastic- and can be really smudgy before it dries. I really wanted to try the original Lancome Hypnose but saw this and the lady at the makeup counter convinced me to try this instead for a more 'dramatic' look. So thinking this would make my eyes really pop, I bought it. Now I wish I read some reviews first or just stuck to the plan of buying the normal Hypnose...
To make this look good, it takes me twice as long to apply and perfect.
It works fine if you take the time to apply and you follow with a clean spare mascara brush to tidy it up and comb out the clumpy messy bits but who wants to do that? It should go on perfectly first time around for that price! Arrrgh. Fail.
PS, this is just my personal opinion, everyone likes their eyes different and some people like the heavy clumpy look. I personally prefer ease of application with evenly coated, nicely separated, thicker, longer looking lashes which are still able to look natural...Should have just stuck to my Clinique High Impact!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2011 9:27:00 PM More reviews by jen1103

I do not understand why Lancome puts that disgusting heavy perfume in their makeup, and mascara of all things! The frangrance in this was so bad that I had an allergic reaction and actually got allergic conjunctivitis (confirmed by my ophthalmologist). I couldn't wear my contacts for 2 weeks while I waited for it to clear. Doesn't Lancome know that frangrances are the #1 irritant in cosmetics? And I'm not even that sensitive! Seriously, why do I care what my eyelashes smell like? I will never buy another Lancome product again after this. Disgusted with what they charge for this garbage. Zero stars - boo!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by genie_11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara ! For my lashes, along with hypnose drama waterproof it is the best one I have used !
.1 doesn t smudge ( at all! after 24 hours )
2.holds the curl perfectly
3. sky high beautiful long black lashes !
4. doesn t clump!
5 very easy to remove

I have medium length , straight lashes !
I belive it really does pay off the price ! My eyes stand out more than ever !!
Love! Love !Love!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2011 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Bahamian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was really disappointed in this mascara. I bought it because I noticed a lot of celebrity makeup artists were using Lancome Hypnose as their mascara. So I figured why not try Lancome Hypnose but with DRAMA! Uh, yea. This mascara did nothing for my eyelashes. It was messy and thin. The brush was hard to work with as well.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2011 4:01:00 PM More reviews by kkeltner24

When I first tried this mascara over a year ago, I fell in love! I needed something to replace my beloved Cargo Texas Lash - they changed the formula or something and it went from being everything I wanted in a mascara to a flakey mess. Alas, I digress. I'm very particular about my mascara - it has to lengthen, curl and give me major volume. I want to look like I have falsies on without the mascara flaking, smearing, giving me racoon eyes and be easy to remove. I also have sensitive eyes, so I have to worry about that, too. Anyway, this mascara did all of the above and more. It was definitely worth the price. After about eight months of religious use (this equated to six or seven tubes for me), I decided to try something new. Nothing that I tried quite did it for me like Lancome Hypnose Drama, though, so I decided to switch back last week. I have no idea what happened, but it is NOT good! My normally perfect mascara was impossible to put on (the formula was so wet, I ended up with more of it on my eyelids than my lashes) and CLUMPED to no end! No joke, I could literally count my clumped lashes - it looked like I had five eye lashes on each eye. Lancome...what happened?! I would not recommend this unless the formula miraculously returns to its original awesomeness. For now, I'm testing out Chanel Inimitable Intense in the never-ending search for my HG mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2011 8:03:00 PM More reviews by gorki

Probably the most disappointing mascara I have ever tried. Doesn't do absolutely anything for my lashes, just leaves them a mess. I can't even explain, I just feel like it leaves my lashes flat, clumped and "untamed"... all of that for a super high price. Will not repurchase, and do not recommend this to anyone!

EDIT: after three weeks I guess it dried a little and it works well now... separates my lashes, makes them longer and holds the curl like no other. However, I still don't see why they would call it "drama", and I also hate having to wait for weeks for the formula to dry for a mascara to get really good. Especially when it's lancome and so highly priced!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2011 7:25:00 PM More reviews by natashik1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Like many already have said, the formula is quite wet. I do really like the brish though, for me it is very easy to use and I like how it is curved as it gets very close to the roots of lashes. people have definitely commented on my lashes when I wore this, but I still would not qualify this mascara as a DRAMA volume or length. Search goes on.

Edit after three weeks - One word: CLUMP.