Lancome Hypnose Drama

Aqua/Water/Eau, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire Dabeille, Cera Carnauba/Carnauba Wax/Cire De Carnauba, Acacia Senegal/Acacia Senegal Gum, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Steareth-20, Simethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Phenethyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Phenoxyethanol . May Contain/Peut Contenir : CI 77266/Black 2, CI 77499/Iron Oxides.

on 1/31/2012 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is such a hyped mascara with the Kardashians being fans of Lancome Hypnose and whatnot, so I thought I'd give it a try. Turned out to not only be a dud, but one of the most clumpy, unpleasant, and difficult mascaras I've ever had to work with. It gets disgustingly thick, clumpy, and goopy within WEEKS of opening :( and application is a mess with clumps of mascara everywhere + it clumps lashes together. Totally returned to Sephora.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This mascara did not give me volume. It made my lashes Extremely clumpy. I tried separating them with a metal eyelash comb and the mascara flaked. The brush gooped clumps of mascara on it. I could not make it work.

This is the worst mascara I have ever used, Ive used cheap drugstore brands that have a better finish than this. It is extremely difficult to apply without clumping and also being a very dry formula it flakes all over the place.

I might aswell have burnt 20 as this just made my eyelashes brittle and spidery ....was too bad to even give away and ended up going in the bin!

on 1/27/2012 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love the formula because it is true to its word that it gives you huge volume, but the wand sucks. It is so big, the "S" shape makes it even harder to control and it smudges everywhere while applying.

Love this mascara because I like a lot of lash. However, I do feel that a tube of this dries out more quickly than some other mascaras.

on 1/19/2012 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Hm, I have not reviewed any Lancome products yet, so let's start with Hypnose Drama :) This product has its good and bad points, but I would not purchase the full size (I received a sample in a GWP). Overall it's all right and I don't have a problem using it, but it's far from my HG or to go mascara.

-It does seem to provide decent volume and length. Nothing amazing, but better than a lot of mascaras that I've owned.

-The brush shape is weird. It's a wavy shape with wiry bristles. Apparently it's wavy because you're supposed to rotate the brush as you work it through your lashes, but who's really going to do that? I tried it and it made absolutely no difference anyway. I mean I don't have a HUGE problem with this brush, but I would have preferred a more standard one. This is just another example of makeup companies running out of ideas so they market something totally pointless as extraordinary.
-It clumps. BAD. I usually go through my lashes with a clean, disposable mascara wand after applying this. Otherwise it will look like I have about three huge lashes.
-I don't really like the consistency. I find it wet and goopy and it doesn't seem to pick up evenly on the brush.

The lasting power is pretty average. It doesn't flake or smudge terribly, but it won't last for eons either. Just typical of a non-waterproof mascara. Overall, this mascara is all right but I will not repurchase. If anything, I'd stick with the regular Hypnose.

on 1/17/2012 6:38:00 PM

So glad I received this as a gift w/purchase or I would've never discovered it. It is THE BEST mascara I've ever used. No effort, goes on easy and can build and build to desired amount of volume & length w/o any mess! Just bought my 1st full-size after the 3 month rule and will more than likely stick with it.

on 1/10/2012 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I rarely want to spend this much on mascara-- I usually make do with whatever comes as a gift with purchase-- but I think I will actually buy a tube of Hypnose Drama.

Maybe it's my skin looking really good these days, but I put the Hypnose Drama on this morning and realized that I didn't need any other makeup. No makeup. Just the mascara. At some point I put on Burt's Bees Red Dahlia lip balm, but there's not much color there. If I looked this good at a black-tie function, I'd be happy.

So, maybe I'm just having a really good day, but if the Hypnose Drama keeps this up, I'll unfortunately be spending $25 a tube every 3 months or so. Sigh.

on 1/6/2012 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love it! Stangest shaped brush I have ever seen but was amazed at how little effort/product it took for the application onto my eyelashes. WOW! Instant difference! One coat for daytime is really all that is needed. Maybe 2 coats for dressing up/going out. Will be buying this again & again, don't care how much it costs!

on 1/3/2012 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I got a free sample of this with another purchase. I have the regular version in black. I was really excited to try this product because I'm usually a drugstore mascara kind of girl. The brush is kind of funky shaped, with wiry bristles. The first time I applied it, the product got all over my lids and ruined my eyeshadow. I chalked it up to operator error with the new brush and tried again. Since then, the application is better if I'm VERY careful, but still tends to get all over the place. The effect on my lashes is ehh. Just a normal mascara to me, no dramatic length or volume. With two coats it makes every lash I have congeal into one enormous clump. A few flakes throughout the day. But on the plus side, did not smudge under my oily eyes and removes easily with soap and water. All in all, probably will not purchase but glad I got a chance to check one more product off my list.

Edit: Wore this to work the other day, and it did slightly smudge and flake under my eyes. Not the worst mascara I've ever worn, but not the best either.