Essie Mademoiselle

4.4

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, propyl acetate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Tripheneyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Ethyl Tosylamide, Steralkonium Bentonite, Styrene/Acrylate Copolymer, Diacetone Alcohol, Camphor, Polyvinyl Butyral, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Benzophenone 1, Citric Acid, Dimethicone, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain: CI 47005:1 (D&C Yellow #10), CI 47000 (D&C Yellow #11), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica CAS 12001-26-2, CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Polyethylene Terephthalate, CI 15850:1 (Red 7 Lake), CI 15850 (Red 6 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 15880 (Red 34 Lake), CI 77491 (Red Iron), CI 77499 (Black Iron), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocycyanide), CI 75170 (Guanine), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 60725 (Violet 2), CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 73360 (Red 30), CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 42053 (Green 3), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Green), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77266 (Black 2), CI 45380 (D&C Red 21), CI 45410 (D&C Red 28), Polyester-3 (D&C Colorant)

on 1/20/2008 9:19:00 AM

I hate Essie nailpolishes. IMO, Essie is the worst polish I've ever tried. Much worse than OPI and drugstore brands! It chips so easily and looks awful on my nails after only a day or two. Mademoiselle would be pretty if it wasn't so streaky and difficult to apply nicely. I really hate that I've had no luck with Essie polishes. I'll be sticking with OPI from now on.

on 1/19/2008 3:46:00 PM

One of my faves in polish. I have very fair skin - at first i though this polish would get lost next to my fair skin. I have very short nails and short nail beds. One coat of this polish keeps my nails looking very clean and natural. In the summer, when i do tan - this polish is great on my toes - 2 coats.

on 1/4/2008 8:29:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Yet another over-hyped product. I swapped for this after years of seeing it mentioned in magazines as one the best neutral colored nail polishes on the market. I've tried other Essie nail colors, and while I appreciate that they all go on streak free and have great shine, I don't like the sheerness of them - particularly Mademoiselle. I applied two heavy handed coats of Mademoiselle, and it still looks very blah on me. Maybe this looks better on someone with a warmer skin tone - I'm extremely fair and this color just gets lost next to my skin.

a sheer & shiny light pink that is very clean looking. I normally do not like sheer polishes but I do like this one a whole lot!

on 1/3/2008 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Very decent! Very pretty polish. This is very,very sheer! I had to layer about 4 to 5x on bare nails to get the look I wanted. However, it is very long lasting, and this color is slow to show chips. Very pretty wearable shade on my light cool toned skin. Builds up to a very very light pinkish nude, just like the bottle advertises, except it is prettier on nails because it has a nice shine. Would buy again.

on 12/24/2007 3:35:00 AM

this is a pretty pale pink nail polish that looks very put together. this is my HG nail polish and my only complaint is the brush is too small. i wish essie made wider brushes like OPI because i prefer essie colors to OPI.

on 11/29/2007 2:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I really like this. There is nothing special about it, its a super sheer baby pink, but it really adds to my clear or glitter topcoats.

I wear it under Chanel Pepite or Chanel Diamond for a natural looking mani. Love it.

on 11/20/2007 11:09:00 AM

It's essie, so of course it's a great product - but the color is just to sheer for me. It looks perfect in the bottle, but I've never been satisfied with the way it looks on. Ballet slippers is much better for me.

on 10/17/2007 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

great everyday neutral. it lasts long and is the perfect color on toes. this is my fave color and I've used it for 2 yrs.

on 10/17/2007 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

very pretty sheer pink. not milky at all and streak free! very smooth application over a base coat. wears well but is too cool-toned for me.

Top Rated Essie Products