September 20, 2014 | 1584 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mademoiselle

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2008 7:28:00 PM More reviews by longgoodnight04

a sheer & shiny light pink that is very clean looking. I normally do not like sheer polishes but I do like this one a whole lot!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2008 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Flitter

Very decent! Very pretty polish. This is very,very sheer! I had to layer about 4 to 5x on bare nails to get the look I wanted. However, it is very long lasting, and this color is slow to show chips. Very pretty wearable shade on my light cool toned skin. Builds up to a very very light pinkish nude, just like the bottle advertises, except it is prettier on nails because it has a nice shine. Would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2007 3:35:00 AM More reviews by xxfreezepop

this is a pretty pale pink nail polish that looks very put together. this is my HG nail polish and my only complaint is the brush is too small. i wish essie made wider brushes like OPI because i prefer essie colors to OPI.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2007 2:57:00 AM More reviews by ParisXIII

I really like this. There is nothing special about it, its a super sheer baby pink, but it really adds to my clear or glitter topcoats.

I wear it under Chanel Pepite or Chanel Diamond for a natural looking mani. Love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2007 11:09:00 AM More reviews by kcarr325

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's essie, so of course it's a great product - but the color is just to sheer for me. It looks perfect in the bottle, but I've never been satisfied with the way it looks on. Ballet slippers is much better for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2007 10:33:00 AM More reviews by karinc713

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

great everyday neutral. it lasts long and is the perfect color on toes. this is my fave color and I've used it for 2 yrs.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2007 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Nikki_L

very pretty sheer pink. not milky at all and streak free! very smooth application over a base coat. wears well but is too cool-toned for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2007 4:03:00 PM More reviews by JoanB

Please allow me to jump on the Madamoiselle bandwagon! This is a beautiful, creamy light pink that looks very natural on my nails. It's perfect for work, since we are not allowed to wear reds (boo!).

I usually use 2 coats, and I *always* get compliments. It's easy to use for this nail newbie and has almost zero streaking. My mani lasted 5 days, no problem. This will definitely be one of my staples!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2007 1:02:00 PM More reviews by mellowyellow25

I love the natural and clean look of this polish on my toes and fingernails. My bf loves it too! It's easy to apply, but it does take awhile to dry if you're putting on more than 1 coat like i do. A perfect natural and fresh shade!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2007 2:04:00 PM More reviews by allurexoxo

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the shade only. It is not a review of the quality of the nail polish itself.

I love this shade! Wow, this is the perfect shade- absolutely amazing. It's a classy, refined, and elegant shade that would work on any skin tone. It's a perfect sheer light pale baby pink that is subtle and neutral. The tone is quite neutral, but maybe a tiny bit, barely, slightly on the cool side, which is a good because the slightly blue tones make nail tips look less yellow and more white. Very sophisticated and polished look. One layer is very sheer and two layers is a slightly-more-opaque-but-still-sheer light pale baby pink. Out of all the sheer light shades I've tried so far, Mademoiselle looks the best on me. Essie Sugar Daddy was too cool and blue-based that it made my skin look cold. Opi Passion was a little bit warmer and more flesh-toned than I would have preferred. Opi Privacy Please was a bit sheerer, clearer, not as pink, and not as opaque than I would have preferred. Opi Bubble Bath was too white. Mademoiselle was just perfect.

The only thing is that I actually prefer Opi's polish consistency and fabulous new wide brush, which makes Opi so much easier to apply. I wish Opi had an identical version of Mademoiselle. Essie somehow manages to produce the best and most gorgeous sheer light shades. Opi's darker colors (reds) are popular though.