April 19, 2014 | 1762 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mademoiselle

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2007 4:03:00 PM More reviews by JoanB

Please allow me to jump on the Madamoiselle bandwagon! This is a beautiful, creamy light pink that looks very natural on my nails. It's perfect for work, since we are not allowed to wear reds (boo!).

I usually use 2 coats, and I *always* get compliments. It's easy to use for this nail newbie and has almost zero streaking. My mani lasted 5 days, no problem. This will definitely be one of my staples!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2007 1:02:00 PM More reviews by mellowyellow25

I love the natural and clean look of this polish on my toes and fingernails. My bf loves it too! It's easy to apply, but it does take awhile to dry if you're putting on more than 1 coat like i do. A perfect natural and fresh shade!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2007 2:04:00 PM More reviews by allurexoxo

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the shade only. It is not a review of the quality of the nail polish itself.

I love this shade! Wow, this is the perfect shade- absolutely amazing. It's a classy, refined, and elegant shade that would work on any skin tone. It's a perfect sheer light pale baby pink that is subtle and neutral. The tone is quite neutral, but maybe a tiny bit, barely, slightly on the cool side, which is a good because the slightly blue tones make nail tips look less yellow and more white. Very sophisticated and polished look. One layer is very sheer and two layers is a slightly-more-opaque-but-still-sheer light pale baby pink. Out of all the sheer light shades I've tried so far, Mademoiselle looks the best on me. Essie Sugar Daddy was too cool and blue-based that it made my skin look cold. Opi Passion was a little bit warmer and more flesh-toned than I would have preferred. Opi Privacy Please was a bit sheerer, clearer, not as pink, and not as opaque than I would have preferred. Opi Bubble Bath was too white. Mademoiselle was just perfect.

The only thing is that I actually prefer Opi's polish consistency and fabulous new wide brush, which makes Opi so much easier to apply. I wish Opi had an identical version of Mademoiselle. Essie somehow manages to produce the best and most gorgeous sheer light shades. Opi's darker colors (reds) are popular though.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2007 10:23:00 AM More reviews by nyc1027

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is the best color ever, looks natural and i looovvvee pink and this shade is the best! it goes on nice and smooth too!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2007 1:29:00 AM More reviews by essiegirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This nail polish is truly beautiful. I love the translucent pink it leaves on your nails. It's fresh and looks feminine but can be worn for any occasion, whether for work or play. The only thing I might complain about this polish is that I find it goes on a bit streaky if I let the first coat dry completely. However I don't have that problem if I apply a second coat seconds after the first. Who knows, it just might be my application technique. Still a gorgeous color. Will buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2007 10:03:00 AM More reviews by saribee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a redhead with very fair skin and this just shows up clear on me. I tried applying many layers and it still just comes out clear.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2007 10:15:00 AM More reviews by miffy2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Another yay for this polish. It is the perfect baby-pink on my nails. I pair it with Essie Marshmallow for a lovely French mani finish. Otherwise it gives the perfect nude finish to my nails. Lasting-power is good but I am still searching for the perfect base coat!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2007 7:10:00 PM More reviews by alliepoj

This is the only pale pink nail polish I would ever use. Everyone talks about "ballet slipper" as the de facto pale pink, but mademoiselle is "it." I can't think of a single skin color this polish does not look amazing on. I can wear it all four seasons (well the 2.5 here in Florida) and it works. I always have a bottle of it on me when I get a manicure- eveb pedicure when I don't feel like worrying about chipping or high maintenance.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2007 9:30:00 PM More reviews by megrisen

My favorite nail polish ever. This is the ONLY shade that ever graces my finger tips. I don't use this on my toes because its so pale, but this ultra sheer pink is perfect for every day sophisticated looking nails. One coat is very sheer, two coats will give you a slightly opaque pale pink. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2007 8:53:00 PM More reviews by StarEyez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love it! One of the best sheer neutral shades for my chocolate skin tone. It stays on very well, especially when I use Billionails as a base and top coat.