November 22, 2014 | 936 users online

Powder - Lancome - Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2008 7:12:00 PM More reviews by princessgracie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh I hate it when I am wrong! I wrote a review talking about how I dislike this. I have retried this, and it looks beautiful on. The color matches my skin and melts into my skin. I make sure my skin is well moisturized, and it doesn't accentuate any dry areas. I don't like the fragrance, but I can get the FF next time. I changed to will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2008 10:46:00 PM More reviews by kerry12

I have been using this for 20 years as a powder over my foundation. I realize it is supposed to be a foundation itself, but I use it as a pressed powder. I have strayed to other high end powders (even Cle De Peau) and still go back to this one. It makes my skin look so much better than any other powder I have tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2008 4:25:00 PM More reviews by db001990

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my good ole stand buys, I first discovered it when I was 25 years old, I'm now 43. I'm going to Sephora tomorrow and will be picking up "Matt Buff". Can't go wrong. : )

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2008 11:45:00 PM More reviews by jhr

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This love pressed powder. I have been using this one for SO many years! It works beautifully, both wet and dry. It doesn't look cakey on the skin. I have tried many other pressed powders, because I want to look at a new case (!), but I always return to this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2008 2:04:00 PM More reviews by Cherilu

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I discovered this in my late teens--early 20's. Now I am 52. The best idea and product for my combo skin with flaws--ever. My HG.

It covers the large pores in my t-zone, broken capillaries and discoloration. Gives me a flawless face to paint as I like, as a foundation should. I don't worry about touch up and it never changes color.

I use the sponge and apply dry. Sometimes the compact doesn't close with the sponge. In 30 years, I've had one hinge break.

I pretty much consider this foundation, my face!

If I ever become unhappy with it, I will try to changing moisturizers or application because there isn't a foundation that ever will work better.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2008 10:45:00 PM More reviews by aamna_601

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is not the best face powder but I really like it. It is supposed to be a face powder/powder foundation. Of all the powders Ive used I like Erno Laszlo duo phase face powder and this one the best, probably duophase is even better.

It is a nice big compact with a big mirror in it. I actually use the puff inside to smooth it on top of foundation (teint idole ultra) although I know a lot of people dont like the puff (its not really useful if you're trying to apply this as a foundation).

I like dual finish because it masks my pores , like Teint idole, but in powder form. It doesnt make my skin oily and it doesnt change color on my skin, which is great. I wish it stayed on longer (I usually have to touch up after about three or four hours, but that is the average with any powder I have tried even mattifying powders). That said, it doesnt make me look fake or overly mattified. The ultimate redeeming quality of this powder is its versatility: it can be used to add more coverage, for a light sheer layer over foundation, or for touch ups.

Also, it is hella expensive in my opinion...its as expensive as a liquid foundation which a powder fndtn shud never be even if it claims to be superior to liquid. Liquid fndtns just last me a lot longer, even though I use powder less, so shelling out like 36 bucks or whatever for this is pretty gruesome.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2008 3:41:00 PM More reviews by abbyabrams

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I picked this up at the Lancome outlet. I was looking for a pressed powder for my purse, so at only $10 (versus $36 retail), I thought this was a good bet. While the color match is OK, the scent is really too much. I guess I'm used to mineral makeups these days, so I'm used to no scent at all. Why Lancome choose to fragrance this product is beyond me. I can't wait to wash it off. Too bad I can't return it. All sales final at the outlet. :(
UPDATE: I see that this product is also available in fragrance free... guess that's why it was at the outlet.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2008 3:33:00 PM More reviews by jann8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Turned orange, terrible finish,couldn't get a good color match. Dried out my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2008 6:06:00 PM More reviews by jennhope001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This really is an old standby for me. I started using it first when I was 15 and always seem to come back to it. It has a nice finish and doesn't dry out my skin (I have horribly dry skin). The only draw backs with this product is that all colors don't come in fragrance free (which bothers me since anything other then essential oils for fragrance just adds more chemicals on your skin), the container isn't designed to house the sponge in it as well so that always is floating around seperatly in your makeup bag, and lastly, I wish this was a more natural product. But I love the color (Lancome is the only company I have found so far that blends in perfectly with my skin color) and the coverage, so I accept that this is from Lancome and therefore not the greenest of things and try compensate by making it one of the few non-organic, non-natural products I use on my skin. At $36, it is not cheap but if you are looking for a medium coverage foundation that is also a powder and not very drying with a lot of color selection, this probably would work good for you.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2007 9:29:00 AM More reviews by HeatherlyBreezes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this as a gift with purchase and really liked it. It went on very well with both a makeup sponge and EoB foundation brush (there was no applicator provided with the sample, so I have no idea what is included). It provided light, very natural looking coverage and did not irritate my skin - but I only wore it for one night.

Unfortunately, my skin is a train wreck, and this really did not provide enough coverage for me. If I can get it under control, this is a definite purchase for me, as I thought the color was a pretty good match.