July 25, 2014 | 1725 users online

Powder - Lancome - Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2008 3:41:00 PM More reviews by abbyabrams

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I picked this up at the Lancome outlet. I was looking for a pressed powder for my purse, so at only $10 (versus $36 retail), I thought this was a good bet. While the color match is OK, the scent is really too much. I guess I'm used to mineral makeups these days, so I'm used to no scent at all. Why Lancome choose to fragrance this product is beyond me. I can't wait to wash it off. Too bad I can't return it. All sales final at the outlet. :(
UPDATE: I see that this product is also available in fragrance free... guess that's why it was at the outlet.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2008 3:33:00 PM More reviews by jann8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Turned orange, terrible finish,couldn't get a good color match. Dried out my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2008 6:06:00 PM More reviews by jennhope001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This really is an old standby for me. I started using it first when I was 15 and always seem to come back to it. It has a nice finish and doesn't dry out my skin (I have horribly dry skin). The only draw backs with this product is that all colors don't come in fragrance free (which bothers me since anything other then essential oils for fragrance just adds more chemicals on your skin), the container isn't designed to house the sponge in it as well so that always is floating around seperatly in your makeup bag, and lastly, I wish this was a more natural product. But I love the color (Lancome is the only company I have found so far that blends in perfectly with my skin color) and the coverage, so I accept that this is from Lancome and therefore not the greenest of things and try compensate by making it one of the few non-organic, non-natural products I use on my skin. At $36, it is not cheap but if you are looking for a medium coverage foundation that is also a powder and not very drying with a lot of color selection, this probably would work good for you.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2007 9:29:00 AM More reviews by HeatherlyBreezes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this as a gift with purchase and really liked it. It went on very well with both a makeup sponge and EoB foundation brush (there was no applicator provided with the sample, so I have no idea what is included). It provided light, very natural looking coverage and did not irritate my skin - but I only wore it for one night.

Unfortunately, my skin is a train wreck, and this really did not provide enough coverage for me. If I can get it under control, this is a definite purchase for me, as I thought the color was a pretty good match.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2007 3:58:00 AM More reviews by adelya20

I adore this powder. i have used sooo many. But this is defn on my top 3. It covers soooo well and gives a matte look. However, if you have very oily skin you should try an oil absorbing powder, maybe vincent longo's pressed powder. however, this powder rocks.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2007 9:37:00 PM More reviews by tammy000

Very good power, no breakout, good coverage for my sensitive skin. I would not buy it again because I fell in love with mineral makeup recently.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2007 4:50:00 PM More reviews by Mgwhitny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This really is my constant fall back. During the course of a year, the change of seasons, my skin changes. But no matter what I can fall back on this. Even if it's not perfect on me, it can be better than everything else I have. Studio fix is just too much coverage for me, too chalky. Applying with a brush is ok, but still Dual Finish wears so much more beautifully. I have like 3 almost empty ones that live in various places for touch ups: my car, purse, diaper bag... So even if I am wearing something else, this can touch me up perfectly. I will always go back to it!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2007 11:32:00 AM More reviews by triciazohn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have used this for years. During my 20's, 30's, 40s, pregnancies, "no makeup" au natural years, burlesque "Makeup Queen" years, and now. I have used it so long that I am only just now realizing that the other makeup lines have probably developed competing products that I should try. I am now trying MAC studio fix - which works nice with a brush. But, I have Lancome dual foundation in my purse, in my makeup drawer, and a spare that I can't find. I just go back to it as a staple item. Looks great alone. If you wear it over foundation - make sure the foundation is not too powdery. The Lancome Mousse foundation is not a good pairing with this product.
About color - I think Lancome has some of the nicest color selections for foundations.
Me - 44, Auburn/Hazel, Fair/medium C3-C4, normal skin

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2007 4:02:00 PM More reviews by simplething1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is beautiful! The colors are absolutely angelic. However, this foundation breaks me out badly every time I use it. This is because it is not oil-free. If this were oil-free, I would wear it all the time. I love the smell that this has, too. If Lancome were to make this in an oil-free formula, I would switch to this makeup.
EDIT: I have to edit my review because this was originally written when I was in my twenties. Ever since I have gotten into my early thirties, my skin is loving this powder! I use this daily; I lightly dust it over my foundation, (usually a lightweight one), and it makes my skin look flawless! The oil in this used to break me out, but now my skin is not bothered by it! Others have noted the smell of this, but personally, the smell is part of why I love it so much!! For reference, I am fair-skinned and oily. I wear Matte Buff II and it is a perfect match! It blends with my skin tone beautifully while still giving me a hint of color! I think that this is a reasonably priced product because there is a lot of powder in the pan. I have had mine for over a month and it barely looks as if any is gone. Granted, I wear it lightly (and usually apply with a brush unless I am wanting to add extra coverage, and then I use the sponge), but I don't see any reason why this compact shouldn't last a good while, unless one were to reapply this several times a day. I usually touch up once a day and have done just fine with this! I highly recommend! Thank you for reading!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2007 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Natashaa111

OMG! I love this! I have tried soo many different foundations and powders! One day I went to my aunts house and luckly we have the same skin tone so when I saw this I secretly tried this. It made my acne look 80% less noticeable, took the red out and gave me a beautiful airbrush look! I have oily skin and it didnt make me oiler. This is wonderful!