Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

3.9

on 4/15/2008 9:19:00 PM

This is one of my favorite powder foundations. It doesn't have that powdery finish to it like most powder foundations. It takes it a while to get that oily look to it, alot long than other ones I've tried. It doesn't feel overly heavy like you have a mask on or anything and it provides good coverage. The smell leaves a little to be desired, but other than that it works pretty good.

on 4/14/2008 3:21:00 PM

Ok so I have mixed feelings about this powder. When you first apply it your skin looks completely flawless and natural. However, by 3pm my face looks greasy and I hate it. Touching up my makeup in the middle of day is not something I am interested in doing. I don't not need heavy coverage and usually never wear foundation. This is mainly used as a powder to even out my skintone. Now the search begins for another light powder to even out my complexion.

on 4/10/2008 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my FAVORITE pressed powder!! I just LOVE it! I wear the Matte Amande III and it looks so great. I use it as a pressed powder only. I don't get it wet as I tried that once and did not care for it. I love that the color is so natural looking comapred to some that I have tried that have pink, orange, or ashy undertones. I think this powder is worth every penny that I spend on it!! ($35) It lasts me FOREVER!! (really about a year and half) I just put it on once a day though!! It is definitely a heavy powder but it looks so natural and it makes my skin look flawless. I use a Clinique foundation underneath it. I tried the Teint Idole in Bisque II but it didn't wear long enough for me. I highly recommend this pressed powder though!! FABULOUS!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this (in Matte Amande III) because I wanted a foundation that would give me medium coverage for occasional pimples for about $35. While it does help cover the redness, the foundation feels quite heavy for a powder, not to mention make me look rather ashy. After a few hours, my face feels like a grease pit. I liked the smell at first, but it's pretty nauseating- especially in the warmer months and I only found out it has oil in it when I bought it- why doesn't Lancome list the ingredients on their website? I feel this is too heavy for younger women.

on 4/7/2008 3:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I purchased this powder in the unscented option. I use it to set my Teint Idol foundation, also by Lancome. I like the matte finish and it makes my foundation last through the majority of the day. I find this powder very comparable to the Chanel powder I was using that was unfortunately discontinued:( Will repurchase.

on 3/30/2008 3:20:00 AM

It works for my oily skin. It has matte effect which is what I just need.It lasts the whole day. It doesn't go cakey on me. It looks very natural if you have the exact right shade. The shade is just ok for me. I'm not feeling it for 100 %. It doesn't have SPF. That's why I gave only 4 stars.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this for a couple of years and am very happy with it. I've tried other powder foundations like Chanel, MAC, MUFE, but like this one more because it provides a smooth and matte finish without looking thick or emphazing pores.

A lot of people complained that this is expensive. It has 19 grams of powder and lasted me more than a year (I use it daily with powder brush and use the sponge when I travel). If you look at $$$ per gram, this is slightly more expensive than MAC, but a lot cheaper than Chanel, MUFE, LM.

on 3/17/2008 11:44:00 PM

I can't believe people don't love the smell of this. Hmmmmm, anyway, this is a great foundation that can be used two different ways. In the summer, I tend to just use the puff and apply it as a sheer powder for touch-ups, but in the drier months, I wet the sponge a bit and apply it as a thicker foundation over my moisturizer. Love it. Sometimes your skin needs a little change so I will use Chanel Double Perfection, but it tends to get dry and cakey. So, I definitely recomment the Dual Finish from Lancome.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Oh I hate it when I am wrong! I wrote a review talking about how I dislike this. I have retried this, and it looks beautiful on. The color matches my skin and melts into my skin. I make sure my skin is well moisturized, and it doesn't accentuate any dry areas. I don't like the fragrance, but I can get the FF next time. I changed to will repurchase.

on 3/9/2008 10:46:00 PM

I have been using this for 20 years as a powder over my foundation. I realize it is supposed to be a foundation itself, but I use it as a pressed powder. I have strayed to other high end powders (even Cle De Peau) and still go back to this one. It makes my skin look so much better than any other powder I have tried.