August 1, 2014 | 1835 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Waterproof Eyeliner Pen

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2011 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Ravywedding

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well, others complain about it not lasting, but I wore it, got caught in a downpour and was just fine! Very easy to use marker tip, smooth, dark color and did I mention it was only $1?! I used UB primer potion and my eyelids aren't terribly oily, so that might make a difference?

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by NatBeans

I bought this hoping it would be a cheaper and better alternative to the Stila waterproof eyeliner pen, but it was not. It goes on me very sheet then disappears after only a few short hours. I am still on the hunt for a good quality waterproof eyeliner pen.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2011 5:42:00 PM More reviews by sefis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love these liners, I have 2 or 3 of every shade and all of them cost less than my two Stila liners. I have noticed that some shades of these liners have more issues than others, ie the brown/coffee color does not flow as well as some of the others and is not as waterproof/smudgeproof. The black color is not as bold as the Stila liner but as a redhead I actually prefer it that way (you can match the color of the stila liner with multiple passes). I love the midnight color, it is slightly darker than the Stila indigo color and it looks amazing on me, really makes my blue/green eyes pop. I have seen some people complain that the midnight color looks just like the black color, that may be true depending on your skintype. On my very fair skin the midnight color is definitely blue but on my friend with darker olive skin it looks pretty much like black. I like to tightline the top lid with midnight and then tightline the bottom with teal, and same with plum/purple. The plum color is a little bit dark but I still like it, I love the lighter purple color though.

If you are a natural blonde or redhead and have very light eyelashes then you can also use these to color your eyelashes. This is a godsend for me as a redhead because its difficult for me to get a natural look using black or brown mascara, but without mascara you can barely even see my eyelashes. You can color straight on the lashes, but what I like to do is use ELF clear mascara and then color on top of that, usually with coffee or plum shades.

Considering that you can buy all the shades for under $10, I think its definitely worth it to try them all.. I have only seen black and coffee in local stores so you'll probably have to order online to get the others.

Tips for using these: store upside down in a pencil cup, this really helps keep them flowing good. If the tip gets dry and stops flowing, moisten your hand and then draw in a little circle until it starts flowing well again. It helps if you apply this eyeliner first, before using any powders, foundation or primer on your skin. Drawing over powder will make the tip go dry quickly and applying it over primer will make it prone to smudge and less waterproof.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by annely

I intended to buy the black one, but instead got "Coffee Brown" for C$1.25 at Dollarama. I wish there was a more obvious label for the colours, instead of just that tiny round sticker at the tip, but that's no big deal. For that price, I can afford to buy out Dollarama's stock!
I've had this product for a few weeks now, and I have to say that I really like it. It's shaped like a pen for better control, and the sharp tip allows for precision lines. The ink flows really well from the pen I got, so application is extremely smooth and effortless, and the sharp tip does not feel uncomfortable AT ALL. No tugging, poking or scratchy feeling! I was really worried mine would dry out either right out of the packaging, or a few days after buying, but it hasn't done that yet. I don't even bother storing it vertically the way the packaging recommends, and I haven't had any problems. The cap on mine though is really, really tight, so I guess that's why it hasn't dried out yet.
The colour is a nice warm brown, similar to the swatch above, but a tad darker. I have to be careful not to layer on too much though, otherwise it turns into a really dark, unattractive "failed black" shade. This is really annoying, since I like to layer on eyeliner for a thicker line, and it never stays the exact shade of brown that I like from that first swipe.
In terms of staying power, I'm not too sold on the "waterproof" label. I had swatched the pen on my lower wrist before applying to my eyes, and the swatch persisted through rubbing and scratching, but has faded to a very light patch after washing my hands (with water, no soap). As for my eyes, most of the colour appears to still be in place after several hours, but tiny patches of it that had been close to my lashline, and on the "wings" (winged-eyeliner) have faded out. They weren't obvious, and I bet the liner would have lasted longer with eyeshadow on top, which is what I usually do. For reference, I only wore foundation, then setting powder on my eyelids with no primer and no powder/eyeshadow over the liner.
Despite the fact that it isn't really "waterproof", I do like this product and will gladly try out the black one. The "coffee brown" colour was more or less a bust for me for the reasons above, but that isn't a big deal since I never intended to buy it in the first place. For just a little over a buck, this is something you really ought to try yourself!
*UPDATE: by dotting a similar coloured eyeshadow over the liner, it stays on the WHOLE day! I put mine on before 6AM this morning, and it's now 7:04PM, and the liner stills looks freshly applied! It has lasted me through more than a complete workday despite the humid, sticky, summer weather. Great bargain for only C$1.25!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2011 11:31:00 AM More reviews by MissRivett

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I use this to line underneath my bottom lashes. It is very easy to use and I can generally get a very precise line; however, for whatever reason, am incapable of using this on my upper lashes. The line just will not go on, so I end up using a different liner for the top. This may seem like an inconvenience, but I don't mind it too much. The liner is not very dark either, at least when being applied, so you will need to go over the line a few times. The price is around $2 and it has lasted me a month so far, so that's more than some liners. The only issue I have is the cap is very hard to get off. I have to use my teeth to actually get the cap off. As for it being waterproof... eh, it's water resistant, but not that hard to remove. I wouldn't go swimming wearing this though.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2011 8:03:00 PM More reviews by danniewitchery

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

So disappointed... Bought it with other E.L.F. stuff, and loved everything else, but this... Well, the black is not really black, you need to go over the line at least twice to start getting a decent colour. And then, after using it 3 times, it stopped working!!! Tried everything, giving it a good shake, leaving it upside down for days, etc., and it never came to life again. Maybe the one I got was faulty or sth... But...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2011 11:14:00 PM More reviews by kdmass

Love! I am very new to liquid liners, and found this easy to work with. I love the marker tip; its easy to draw a thin or thick line. I tried another liquid liner before this, but it got all over my eyelashes. Not a problem with this one. Not super familiar with HE liners, but this is great beginners product.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/15/2011 1:15:00 AM More reviews by rxhope2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this to try out, but I threw it out after a week. I must be allergic to something in this because I got an eye infection after using for 2 days!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/15/2011 12:16:00 AM More reviews by woahitsbrooke92

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

NOT waterproof. Glides on beautifully, glossy and black and makes a good winged line. But it smears and goes under my eyes. Its just terrible. But I know that's what you get for a dollar. E.L.F makes a lot of good things, but this is not one of them.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 1:36:00 AM More reviews by jessica6492

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG EYEBROW PEN!

While this is a subpar eyeliner for your lids, it is AMAZING for your eyebrows! I have a scar in my left eyebrow where hair refuses to grow back. Nothing covers it, not powders, or pencils, or gels. But this fills in my bald spot and lasts ALL DAY. Sure, there are pens specifically made for eyebrows, but why spend more money on those while this little drugstore gem is only one dollar?!

It should be noted, that while the pen is new, you will have to use a light hand to apply but once it dries out a bit, it becomes easier and faster to put on.

The color is a very neutral, medium brown. It would work for anyone except those with very light hair. Unless, of course, you like the dark brow, light hair combo, then this would be perfect!