October 21, 2014 | 916 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Waterproof Eyeliner Pen

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2011 10:12:00 AM More reviews by xoMelissamb

This is my favorite liquid eyeliner so far. I only bought this in black because I wanted to make sure it was good before I got more colors. I know a lot of people say that they didn't like it because they got a dried out one, but mine wasn't dried out at all. This eyeliner is so great, i have a very shaky hand so using liquid eyeliner is so hard for me, but this very thin tip makes it very easy for me to apply. The black is the perfect black, its not like a dark grey like some others I have tried are, this is veryy black. i wouldn't call it waterproof tho, more like water resistant. But I think everyone should at least try this eyeliner, its only $1 and you might end up saving money by replacing an expensive one like I did.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2011 5:07:00 AM More reviews by socalgirl01

This is my go to eyeliner for when I am out of my Jordana eyeliner, I also love bringing an extra one with me when I go places, since it is so inexpensive I don't have to worry if it gets lost or misplaced. It is long wearing on my lids, with or with out primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2011 7:42:00 PM More reviews by xjaded372x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For those of you who don't use a primer, STAY AWAY. It will easily fade, and then you'll be writing reviews about the product without knowing how great it can actually be. I use it with the Urban Decay Primer Potion and it stays on smudge free for 8+ hours. I've used it early in the day and gone to bed forgetting to take it off, and had only minor smudging the next morning. My only complain is the pen can dry out quick, but with a quick shake and a dab of water on the tip it'll be back to normal in no time. I stock up considering its only a dollar!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2011 More reviews by sunset8

For $1, I can't really say anything bad about this product. It felt a bit dry when I first opened the package, but I just gave it a good shake and it was fine. The staying power is great, I've worn this on 10+ hour long days and it stays in place (granted, I use an eyelid primer before putting this on). Yes, I would buy this again to use on days that I don't want to use my more expensive eyeliner pens.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2011 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Ravywedding

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well, others complain about it not lasting, but I wore it, got caught in a downpour and was just fine! Very easy to use marker tip, smooth, dark color and did I mention it was only $1?! I used UB primer potion and my eyelids aren't terribly oily, so that might make a difference?

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by NatBeans

I bought this hoping it would be a cheaper and better alternative to the Stila waterproof eyeliner pen, but it was not. It goes on me very sheet then disappears after only a few short hours. I am still on the hunt for a good quality waterproof eyeliner pen.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2011 5:42:00 PM More reviews by sefis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love these liners, I have 2 or 3 of every shade and all of them cost less than my two Stila liners. I have noticed that some shades of these liners have more issues than others, ie the brown/coffee color does not flow as well as some of the others and is not as waterproof/smudgeproof. The black color is not as bold as the Stila liner but as a redhead I actually prefer it that way (you can match the color of the stila liner with multiple passes). I love the midnight color, it is slightly darker than the Stila indigo color and it looks amazing on me, really makes my blue/green eyes pop. I have seen some people complain that the midnight color looks just like the black color, that may be true depending on your skintype. On my very fair skin the midnight color is definitely blue but on my friend with darker olive skin it looks pretty much like black. I like to tightline the top lid with midnight and then tightline the bottom with teal, and same with plum/purple. The plum color is a little bit dark but I still like it, I love the lighter purple color though.

If you are a natural blonde or redhead and have very light eyelashes then you can also use these to color your eyelashes. This is a godsend for me as a redhead because its difficult for me to get a natural look using black or brown mascara, but without mascara you can barely even see my eyelashes. You can color straight on the lashes, but what I like to do is use ELF clear mascara and then color on top of that, usually with coffee or plum shades.

Considering that you can buy all the shades for under $10, I think its definitely worth it to try them all.. I have only seen black and coffee in local stores so you'll probably have to order online to get the others.

Tips for using these: store upside down in a pencil cup, this really helps keep them flowing good. If the tip gets dry and stops flowing, moisten your hand and then draw in a little circle until it starts flowing well again. It helps if you apply this eyeliner first, before using any powders, foundation or primer on your skin. Drawing over powder will make the tip go dry quickly and applying it over primer will make it prone to smudge and less waterproof.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by annely

I intended to buy the black one, but instead got "Coffee Brown" for C$1.25 at Dollarama. I wish there was a more obvious label for the colours, instead of just that tiny round sticker at the tip, but that's no big deal. For that price, I can afford to buy out Dollarama's stock!
I've had this product for a few weeks now, and I have to say that I really like it. It's shaped like a pen for better control, and the sharp tip allows for precision lines. The ink flows really well from the pen I got, so application is extremely smooth and effortless, and the sharp tip does not feel uncomfortable AT ALL. No tugging, poking or scratchy feeling! I was really worried mine would dry out either right out of the packaging, or a few days after buying, but it hasn't done that yet. I don't even bother storing it vertically the way the packaging recommends, and I haven't had any problems. The cap on mine though is really, really tight, so I guess that's why it hasn't dried out yet.
The colour is a nice warm brown, similar to the swatch above, but a tad darker. I have to be careful not to layer on too much though, otherwise it turns into a really dark, unattractive "failed black" shade. This is really annoying, since I like to layer on eyeliner for a thicker line, and it never stays the exact shade of brown that I like from that first swipe.
In terms of staying power, I'm not too sold on the "waterproof" label. I had swatched the pen on my lower wrist before applying to my eyes, and the swatch persisted through rubbing and scratching, but has faded to a very light patch after washing my hands (with water, no soap). As for my eyes, most of the colour appears to still be in place after several hours, but tiny patches of it that had been close to my lashline, and on the "wings" (winged-eyeliner) have faded out. They weren't obvious, and I bet the liner would have lasted longer with eyeshadow on top, which is what I usually do. For reference, I only wore foundation, then setting powder on my eyelids with no primer and no powder/eyeshadow over the liner.
Despite the fact that it isn't really "waterproof", I do like this product and will gladly try out the black one. The "coffee brown" colour was more or less a bust for me for the reasons above, but that isn't a big deal since I never intended to buy it in the first place. For just a little over a buck, this is something you really ought to try yourself!
*UPDATE: by dotting a similar coloured eyeshadow over the liner, it stays on the WHOLE day! I put mine on before 6AM this morning, and it's now 7:04PM, and the liner stills looks freshly applied! It has lasted me through more than a complete workday despite the humid, sticky, summer weather. Great bargain for only C$1.25!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2011 11:31:00 AM More reviews by MissRivett

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I use this to line underneath my bottom lashes. It is very easy to use and I can generally get a very precise line; however, for whatever reason, am incapable of using this on my upper lashes. The line just will not go on, so I end up using a different liner for the top. This may seem like an inconvenience, but I don't mind it too much. The liner is not very dark either, at least when being applied, so you will need to go over the line a few times. The price is around $2 and it has lasted me a month so far, so that's more than some liners. The only issue I have is the cap is very hard to get off. I have to use my teeth to actually get the cap off. As for it being waterproof... eh, it's water resistant, but not that hard to remove. I wouldn't go swimming wearing this though.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2011 8:03:00 PM More reviews by danniewitchery

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

So disappointed... Bought it with other E.L.F. stuff, and loved everything else, but this... Well, the black is not really black, you need to go over the line at least twice to start getting a decent colour. And then, after using it 3 times, it stopped working!!! Tried everything, giving it a good shake, leaving it upside down for days, etc., and it never came to life again. Maybe the one I got was faulty or sth... But...