December 17, 2014 | 1671 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2010 10:52:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow, this works great as an exfoliator. I tried it with just water but my skin got red. The next time I mixed it with my current cleanser (Biore gel), and I got smooth skin sans any irritation. The only problem is the cardboard box. Can't have that around the sink. I'm thinking of getting a cheese shaker to store it in. I just saw a video on YT where a chick is using an electric toothbrush to exfoliate... hmm. Maybe I'll try that next.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2010 4:23:00 PM More reviews by siouxie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using baking soda for years as a dry shampoo. My bangs get icky pretty soon after I shampoo - like the next day - so I flip my head over and sprinkle some baking soda into my palm and distribute, starting at the roots, through my bangs and through my top layer of hair. As a suggestion, you might want to do this in the morning before your facial wash because baking soda if left to settle on your skin can be irritating.

This works as a perfect refresher, and ladies, it's dirty cheap. Try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2010 10:38:00 PM More reviews by sarahvalder

Amazing!!! My scars are dissapearing and my acne is not as bad as it was before. I am definetly going to buy this again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2010 7:27:00 PM More reviews by katiegreeneyes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I use this all the time for EVERYTHING! But my most favorite use is actually the one that saves me the most money, which I know that everyone loves.... Instead of paying $$$ for special blond highlight shampoo (paul mitchel shampoo 3/goldwell etc...) I add 1 tablespoon of baking soda to my regular shampoo once a week and wash. Sometimes you need to add a bit more water to your hair to produce a better lather, but baking soda removes all of my product buildup as well as the deposits left on my hair by hard water and the elements. this is my HG for beauty products.

Another tip- Add 1 cup of Baking Soda to a hot bath with 2 cups of Epsom salt and soak for 30 minutes. You can actually smell the crud being sucked out of your poors and it is so detoxifying that you might be very tired afterwards. Just empty the tub and rinse the residue off in the shower...

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2010 6:02:00 PM More reviews by erijica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really, really like this. It is an amazing facial scrub. I usually just mix it with a bit of water and VERY VERY GENTLY scrub my face. It kinda burns my skin a bit though, so that's why I took a lippie off... But it makes my face incredibly smooth, and once I wash it off, the burning is gone. I have oily, oily skin and this dries me out like crazy, so I don't see this working out for those with dry skin, unless you follow up with a very moisturizing face lotion. Anyway, after scrubbing, I follow it up with some lotion and the next morning, I have super soft, smooth skin. Hooray!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2010 10:13:00 PM More reviews by regrebs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have a bit of redness in my face, and baking soda mixed with just a little water calms it down. I've recently targeted the few red scars on my face, and the baking soda mask has already started fading them in just a couple of days. If you aren't allergic or anything like that, I highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2010 8:32:00 PM More reviews by slew84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff
The only con is making sure you wash it all off or you will have white ashy looking resedue.
But other than that
I use it to was my face, in my baths (it makes bubbles last longer), even in the shower. I use it after i brush my teeth with tooth paste.I even wash my hands with it.
It makes my skin feel soooooo soft and smooth. It feels like you just had a microdemerbration where ever you used it beacuse you skin is so soft.
Its pretty inexpensive.
I buy it from publix in a plastic container (for $2.?? something) so i can leave it in the shower. plus it has a flip top lid, so i just pop the top shake out what i need and slap it closed. And then refill it with a big box that i have under my counter.
I never knew Baking soda was sooo great

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2010 8:30:00 PM More reviews by peggy1234

I use this everyday in the morning on my face. I also use it with shampoo to get whatever product is in my hair out. I LOVE baking soda! It's gentle and effective.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2010 8:12:00 PM More reviews by namissaas224

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I am loving baking soda! You can use it all over your body! I didnt think it'd be okay for my hair or face,but I tried anyway. I use it on my teeth every day so I figured why not! It cleans my hair so well! I mixed in some with my shampoo and my hair felt so clean. I use a lot of product in it so I feel like it got rid of all the build-up. I thought it would be a harsh scrub,but it wasnt. It was very gentle and made my skin really soft.It worked on my face and body. Baking soda is good for just about everything!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2010 9:39:00 PM More reviews by ConversePrincess55

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't use this for my face, but I do use it for my teeth and locker. I sprinkle it on my toothpaste for some extra whitening power and put it in mylocker to absorb odors. It works amazingly both ways