September 21, 2014 | 2035 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2010 6:02:00 PM More reviews by erijica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really, really like this. It is an amazing facial scrub. I usually just mix it with a bit of water and VERY VERY GENTLY scrub my face. It kinda burns my skin a bit though, so that's why I took a lippie off... But it makes my face incredibly smooth, and once I wash it off, the burning is gone. I have oily, oily skin and this dries me out like crazy, so I don't see this working out for those with dry skin, unless you follow up with a very moisturizing face lotion. Anyway, after scrubbing, I follow it up with some lotion and the next morning, I have super soft, smooth skin. Hooray!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2010 10:13:00 PM More reviews by regrebs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have a bit of redness in my face, and baking soda mixed with just a little water calms it down. I've recently targeted the few red scars on my face, and the baking soda mask has already started fading them in just a couple of days. If you aren't allergic or anything like that, I highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2010 8:32:00 PM More reviews by slew84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff
The only con is making sure you wash it all off or you will have white ashy looking resedue.
But other than that
I use it to was my face, in my baths (it makes bubbles last longer), even in the shower. I use it after i brush my teeth with tooth paste.I even wash my hands with it.
It makes my skin feel soooooo soft and smooth. It feels like you just had a microdemerbration where ever you used it beacuse you skin is so soft.
Its pretty inexpensive.
I buy it from publix in a plastic container (for $2.?? something) so i can leave it in the shower. plus it has a flip top lid, so i just pop the top shake out what i need and slap it closed. And then refill it with a big box that i have under my counter.
I never knew Baking soda was sooo great

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2010 8:30:00 PM More reviews by peggy1234

I use this everyday in the morning on my face. I also use it with shampoo to get whatever product is in my hair out. I LOVE baking soda! It's gentle and effective.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2010 8:12:00 PM More reviews by namissaas224

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I am loving baking soda! You can use it all over your body! I didnt think it'd be okay for my hair or face,but I tried anyway. I use it on my teeth every day so I figured why not! It cleans my hair so well! I mixed in some with my shampoo and my hair felt so clean. I use a lot of product in it so I feel like it got rid of all the build-up. I thought it would be a harsh scrub,but it wasnt. It was very gentle and made my skin really soft.It worked on my face and body. Baking soda is good for just about everything!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2010 9:39:00 PM More reviews by ConversePrincess55

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't use this for my face, but I do use it for my teeth and locker. I sprinkle it on my toothpaste for some extra whitening power and put it in mylocker to absorb odors. It works amazingly both ways

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2010 12:34:00 PM More reviews by mininana

OMG how have I been missing this? After using Retin A for a week and starting to purge I could NOT afford to be broken out so much!! I used to have the occasional cystic acne, then adult stress acne, and now i looked WORSE than a teenager!!

I've always had clear skin for the record, so this is very very stressful to me at 29 years old :(

Anyway I tried this baking soda mask and my skin is already softer, brighter and less red!! This calms my acne BETTER than mario badescu healing mask. AND it leaves my face squeaky clean!! top off with a pea sized amount of Effaklar H (for oily skin severely dryed from treatments) and I'm good to go!

my face is more even, bumps got lowered, and the redness is getting better!!

simply mix two tablespoons with water, wash face with neutral soap, apply mask and leave for 3 minutes. Easy!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2010 5:34:00 PM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

For a facial scrub, this actually makes my skin condition worse. I don't know why I listened to Paula Begoun's advice on using this as a gentle scrub. Well this was a bad idea for my skin type but it might work for someone else. I do use it to clarify my hair, as a body exfoliant, a foot scrub (when mixed with castor oil), and an occasional toothpaste.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2009 5:13:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

My skin is dry and sensitive. AHAs, BHAs, and retinols are too strong for my skin.

I discovered that baking soda is a wonderful exfoliant. Once or twice a week, I mix baking soda into my lotion cleanser and gently massage it onto my skin in a circular motion, avoiding any red or irritated spots.

After rinsing, my skin feels clean and smooth and ready to absorb my serum and cream.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2009 12:10:00 PM More reviews by nakedcube

There is a lot of trial and error associated with using baking soda as your shampoo. (not just adding it to regular shampoo) I toyed around with this a while ago and I think the main reason I stopped was purely because of the convenience of regular shampoo. The "no poo" method, which a lot of people call this requires a bit of dedication. There is an adjustment period for your hair because it continues to produces the oil that was previously being stripped away by your regular shampoo. To cope with this transition period I used dry shampoo and even baby powder (I think dry shampoos are just aerosol baby powder)
I had very thick hair which was falling out, one of the reasons I started using this, which I must say has halted a fair amount of hair loss. Also I have curly hair that I sometimes straighten and this works either way.
the ratio of baking soda to water is really up to your hair type and how dirty it is but you NEED to dilute it. You can make a paste from it or dilute it entirely and make more of a rinse. Either way the key is to massage it into your scalp and rinse well with warm not hot water. If your hair is really dry put some conditioner on your ends before you use the baking soda. Once you get your own personal recipe down, you'll notice the difference. I not longer get dandruff in the winter, I save a ton of money. My hair looks and feels great. It no longer falls out in massive clumps. It even holds styles better. Oh and, I know a lot of people buy their shampoo based on scent sometimes, my hair doesn't smell bad at all but you can add your own essential oils if its a concern for you.
My routine consists of washing my hair 2-3 times a week with a 5oz bathroom cup of baking soda water. I put a little in the bottom of the cup and dilute it with water before I get into the shower. I generally only pour the mixture on my scalp, unless I have used a fair amount of product I make a thin paste for my scalp and the water rinse for my ends. I follow up with just a little conditioner on my ends. If I know I will be wearing my hair curly that day I use a light leave in conditioner. I hope this helps anyone that wants to try this method.

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No