Avon MagiX Face Perfector

3.7

Active Ingredients: OCTINOXATE 7.5% OCTISALATE 4.0% Other Ingredients: DIMETHICONE CYCLOPENTASILOXANE CELLULOSE CYCLOMETHICONE CETEARYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER ALUMINA ACRYLATES/DIMETHICONE COPOLYMER SILICA NYLON-12 HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER C30-45 ALKYL METHICONE C30-45 OLEFIN PEG/PPG-20/23 DIMETHICONE LAURYL PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE CAPRYLYL GLYCOL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER POLYETHYLENE BORON NITRIDE PARFUM/FRAGRANCE TOCOPHEROL

on 6/21/2009 10:23:00 PM

I think that this is a decent primer--it minimizes my pores, helps my make-up to go on smoother, and doesn't break me out. There is a noticeable difference between what my makeup looks like when I don't use it, and what it looks like when I do (and it's much better when I do). I also like that it's affordable compared to most of the other primers that I've considered buying. However, it does nothing to control the shine on my face (although I haven't found anything that does, yet), and it wears off within a few hours. I've tried another primer and have found that there are products out there with more staying power and that can help my make-up to go on even smoother and stay on longer, so I wouldn't buy this again. That being said, I think that this is probably worth trying for people who don't have super oily skin.

on 6/21/2009 10:20:00 PM

I actually like this a lot (especially for the price). It didn't clog my pores or make my break out. It definitely made my face appear smoother. I also agree that it would be nice if it came bigger bottle.

on 6/21/2009 12:40:00 AM

I first tried this when my rep gave me a couple of samples.
I was really turned off by the smell but gave it a go.
I am so glad I did this is fantastic primer and does everything Avon claims.
I even did the one half of my face to see the difference.
My skin was definitely softer, smoother, lines diminished, even skintone and a healthy glow.
My mineral powder stayed put all day and looked just as fresh at the end of the day.
It didn't clog my pores or give me spots like some primers.
I think its kind of expensive if you pay full price but a little goes a long way and Avon always have such great specials so that's when you stock up.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I tried this product because of the reviews here and how can I thank you! No use clogging my pores during this wet, humid summer! I like it because it keeps my face smooth, matte, and does not clog. I may put a slight bit of blush or powder on top but no more than that. I wish it came in a bigger bottle.

on 6/15/2009 9:27:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love this product, but only as a primer under my mineral foundation. Does absolutely nothing in the way of coverage or evening out skin tone. But it keeps my makeup in place all day and makes my skin really smooth. Works even better than the more expensive Prime Time by BE.

on 6/15/2009 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I am really on the fence with this one. I have used it a few times and have not noticed in a difference in anything. It was still oily, pores still looked the same, foundation went on the same. Maybe I need to use this more but for now I won't purchasing this again.

on 6/15/2009 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I think this stuff is pretty equal to smashbox, maybe a little better. I love smashbox, but....this stuff hides more wrinkles and leaves a smooth canvas, plus it has sun block. I am older so I do not have a breaking out problem as some have said. I will be buying more of this, as it is going to be on sale in Campaign 15 I think I noticed. I mean shucks, I can buy like 4 tubes of this (or more if Avon has a buy one get one for $1.99 again!), for the price of 1 smashbox. I do like saving money when I can, especially if the product is as good, or in this case, maybe better.
Up Date:
I still love this product! I have it in both kinds now. The tinted compact and the invisible tube. I really love them both. I use this more often than I do my Smashbox. Unsure why, maybe because this one gives me more options. I can use the invisible one when I want to use my cream or liquid foundation, and I can use the tinted one when I just want to go for a lighter look. I have re-ordered a backup of both of these. I have a lighter tint color for the winter months and a darker tint for my tanned face for this summer. I also got a backup of the invisible tube. With Avon, if you like it, buy more than one. We never know when Avon will discontinue a product line, improve it ;-) or just change the formula without notice seems to be more like it. This product is a keeper just the way it is and I really hope Avon reads the posts here and does nothing more to it!

on 6/9/2009 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this product for about 2 months now and I half to say " LOVE IT" it really helps minimize pores and even reduces the lines in my face. I also have the Magic compact but, i haven't had a chance to really use it. So over all a @ thumbs up!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This primer broke me out like crazy! It made me cry how bad my skin looked for a week or two. As soon as I stopped using it, my skin cleared up. Silicone primers are just not for me, I guess.

on 6/8/2009 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Its hard to spread so its hard go get it evenly on the skin. the price is just right. I may try the makeupforever brand with spf 40. Im still searching for a primer with spf that suits my skin.