September 17, 2014 | 475 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Iconic High Definition Lash Curler Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2009 6:35:00 AM More reviews by shonascully

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I decided to get this after reading all the amazing reviews. I tested it in the Dior counter and loved it, but for some reason it's not as good as it was at first?

Don't get me wrong, it's a good mascara, but nothing too special. Not worth the $51AU when I can get something even better for less.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2009 12:37:00 PM More reviews by Jeii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I needed a mascara that will volumize, curl and lengthen all at once. I found it with Diorshow Iconic ! It doesn't clump, then again you have to know how to manage putting on several coats with out clumping . I wouldn't say that it gave me the dramatic volume that I was lookig for but it gives my lashes a great curl effect and length ! I have been using the DS Iconic for mths now and I can DEF say that this is one mascara I will purchase over and over !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2009 10:26:00 PM More reviews by themarshmalo

This is my HG mascara. Like all the other Diorshow products I've tried, it goes on well, and doesn't clump. The reason I stick with this one over the others, though, is because it actually keeps my lashes curled! I have really long lashes that are stick straight, and I've been amazed with this product. The only downside to it is, similar to Blackout, getting it completely off is a PITA. But well worth it! I will buy this again and again!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2009 4:41:00 AM More reviews by lindaaakim

this is my HG mascara ! i've tried to switch to several other ones because diorshow iconic IS quite pricey (27$ i think? maybe more..).. but i always end up back at this one.
compared to the original diorshow mascara.. the formula seems a lil bit more liquidy?
it coats all of my lashes nicely, gives length, volume, and has NO clumping whatsoever. I only do one coat each time & never ever ever get any flaking, or any smudging !! Also, the color is VERY black, i love it.
the most amazing thing about this mascara though.. i would have to say is that it curlssssssss your lashes amazingly ! i never use a lash curler when i use this mascara because it simply does all the work ! plus, if you curl your lashes too much, it can result in less volume in ur lashes in the future... so i love this mascara.
however, IF you do try to curl your lashes after applying this mascara.. your lashes kind of stick to the curler, making it hard 2 pull off.. it kind of hurts.. so just don't curl them because you really don't need to !

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2009 1:30:00 AM More reviews by cetati

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's not the greatest mascara in the world.

However, combined with DiorShow Blackout, it is the greatest thing you will ever use.

The rubbery brush combined with the thin but easy to apply (not to mention unclumpy, and un-smudging!) formula lengthens insanely, and I thicken and volumize with the Blackout, and comb my lashes between every coat.

It's lots of effort but with one or two eyeshadow colors, a lovely Dior blush (or any other blush I like), and the amazing lush lashes I get from this combo, I look and feel like a million dollars.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2009 8:15:00 PM More reviews by jani04nz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Diorshow blackout is my HG this did nothing for me. Didn't thicken, lengthen or curl. Smudged on me after a day so in the bin it goes for me.

DS blackout is the ONLY mascara I've tried save for Blinc's Kiss Me fiber (though that made my allergies flare) that won't smudge.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2009 7:50:00 PM More reviews by Louise

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

There are gazillions of mascaras out there to address many issues that you may have regarding your eyelashes. I have thin sparse lashes. I have tried everything from low to high end. I enjoy many Chanel products and thought that they would have the answer to my eyelash problem. I did the Exceptionnel and Inimitable. The results were average. I did not see clumping and I did see definition. But it was not until I received the Dior mascara as gratis that I saw what good mascara could do for limp non-existent lashes. Several coats of this mascara gave me curled, longer, thicker, and darker eye lashes. I am spoiled now and cannot use other brands. Now I am not saying that this will work for you because if you read the reviews here, you will see that everyone has their concerns about their eyelashes. But for me, this is my HG and despite the high price-I will pay it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2009 10:30:00 PM More reviews by kbah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I've been using this for a couple months now to test out what it's like when new and when the formula thickens out a little bit. At first, the formula was too wet and took out my curl (use shu curler daily) but once the formula thickened, the formula held the curl rather well. I have medium length sparse downward pointed lashes (asian) *sighs* and it's hard to find a mascara that holds my made curl. The only other mascaras that hold curls well are very light dry ones, I think I read somewhere once that mascara that dries the hair is what makes it curl, so that makes sense. The Iconic formula was apparently designed with some hairspray like formulation. The tube does not dry out, unlike my Blackout! It's kind of hard to take off, just be patient and let the makeup remover work through the lashes a bit. Pretty smudgeproof. The colour is very rich and deep black, so you can transition from day appropriate to night time glam with no problem. You can layer the coats to create more length and volume. The oblique silicone brush with its short flexible bristles let me get to the very base of my lashes and I just start at the base and slowly roll the brush to the tips. It's great! I love the brush. I can overlook the price ONLY because I get a discount on Dior products, but if I were to buy this full price, I would seriously search for something comparable in a lower price range. This is my favourite mascara right now! Iconic surpasses my Diorshow Original and my Diorshow Blackout by a long shot! I definitely recommend trying it out, actually buy it at a store (where u can return it) to try it out since there are those crazies who double dip the brushes in the demos, you know them!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2009 10:43:00 PM More reviews by RedStiletto

I am really particular about my mascara, but have found a few that i really like. This being one of them. I do have very long, but very fine lashes. I dont look for length, but more volume. I am so happy with this mascara! I was able to layer and layer without worrying about clumps! I love the the bristles are firm and short. I am able to get all the way to the base of my lashes! LOVE IT!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2009 6:53:00 PM More reviews by strongbad

This mascara was only decent for me, which is disappointing considering the price tag. It doesn't lengthen or give much volume, resulting in a natural, daytime lash. This is not for someone looking for dramatic lashes. Second coat must be applied when the mascara is halfway to fully dry otherwise it will clump. Doesn't hold curls very well; I always use my Shu lash curler before mascara, and this one weighs down my curl immediately, albeit not entirely. The SA who sold this to me said it is smudge proof, but I almost always end up with smudges under my eyes by the end of the day. I don't have oily eyes, and my lashes are medium in length and volume. I'm pretty sure there are drugstore brands that are better than this, so I won't be repurchasing.