April 16, 2014 | 1975 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Iconic High Definition Lash Curler Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2009 1:30:00 AM More reviews by cetati

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's not the greatest mascara in the world.

However, combined with DiorShow Blackout, it is the greatest thing you will ever use.

The rubbery brush combined with the thin but easy to apply (not to mention unclumpy, and un-smudging!) formula lengthens insanely, and I thicken and volumize with the Blackout, and comb my lashes between every coat.

It's lots of effort but with one or two eyeshadow colors, a lovely Dior blush (or any other blush I like), and the amazing lush lashes I get from this combo, I look and feel like a million dollars.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2009 8:15:00 PM More reviews by jani04nz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Diorshow blackout is my HG this did nothing for me. Didn't thicken, lengthen or curl. Smudged on me after a day so in the bin it goes for me.

DS blackout is the ONLY mascara I've tried save for Blinc's Kiss Me fiber (though that made my allergies flare) that won't smudge.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2009 7:50:00 PM More reviews by Louise

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

There are gazillions of mascaras out there to address many issues that you may have regarding your eyelashes. I have thin sparse lashes. I have tried everything from low to high end. I enjoy many Chanel products and thought that they would have the answer to my eyelash problem. I did the Exceptionnel and Inimitable. The results were average. I did not see clumping and I did see definition. But it was not until I received the Dior mascara as gratis that I saw what good mascara could do for limp non-existent lashes. Several coats of this mascara gave me curled, longer, thicker, and darker eye lashes. I am spoiled now and cannot use other brands. Now I am not saying that this will work for you because if you read the reviews here, you will see that everyone has their concerns about their eyelashes. But for me, this is my HG and despite the high price-I will pay it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2009 10:30:00 PM More reviews by kbah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I've been using this for a couple months now to test out what it's like when new and when the formula thickens out a little bit. At first, the formula was too wet and took out my curl (use shu curler daily) but once the formula thickened, the formula held the curl rather well. I have medium length sparse downward pointed lashes (asian) *sighs* and it's hard to find a mascara that holds my made curl. The only other mascaras that hold curls well are very light dry ones, I think I read somewhere once that mascara that dries the hair is what makes it curl, so that makes sense. The Iconic formula was apparently designed with some hairspray like formulation. The tube does not dry out, unlike my Blackout! It's kind of hard to take off, just be patient and let the makeup remover work through the lashes a bit. Pretty smudgeproof. The colour is very rich and deep black, so you can transition from day appropriate to night time glam with no problem. You can layer the coats to create more length and volume. The oblique silicone brush with its short flexible bristles let me get to the very base of my lashes and I just start at the base and slowly roll the brush to the tips. It's great! I love the brush. I can overlook the price ONLY because I get a discount on Dior products, but if I were to buy this full price, I would seriously search for something comparable in a lower price range. This is my favourite mascara right now! Iconic surpasses my Diorshow Original and my Diorshow Blackout by a long shot! I definitely recommend trying it out, actually buy it at a store (where u can return it) to try it out since there are those crazies who double dip the brushes in the demos, you know them!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2009 10:43:00 PM More reviews by RedStiletto

I am really particular about my mascara, but have found a few that i really like. This being one of them. I do have very long, but very fine lashes. I dont look for length, but more volume. I am so happy with this mascara! I was able to layer and layer without worrying about clumps! I love the the bristles are firm and short. I am able to get all the way to the base of my lashes! LOVE IT!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2009 6:53:00 PM More reviews by strongbad

This mascara was only decent for me, which is disappointing considering the price tag. It doesn't lengthen or give much volume, resulting in a natural, daytime lash. This is not for someone looking for dramatic lashes. Second coat must be applied when the mascara is halfway to fully dry otherwise it will clump. Doesn't hold curls very well; I always use my Shu lash curler before mascara, and this one weighs down my curl immediately, albeit not entirely. The SA who sold this to me said it is smudge proof, but I almost always end up with smudges under my eyes by the end of the day. I don't have oily eyes, and my lashes are medium in length and volume. I'm pretty sure there are drugstore brands that are better than this, so I won't be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2009 6:13:00 AM More reviews by erica_74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a slightly above average mascara.
I do not find the color black enough for my liking.
It does clump if you apply a lot of layers.
Does not lenghten enough

It just gives you an ok look.
Oh and I find that it sometimes leaves a mark under my brows (it stains the skin when I flap my lashes, under certain - more humid - curcumstances).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2009 1:46:00 PM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

I bought this on a crazy shopping spree at the dior counter the other day along with dior hydraction cream, TM, nude foundation and one of the new kiss glosses. At first this was ok, the first few times i used it it gave me seperated naturally full lashes. My HG is YSL Faux cils which gives me huge ''fake'' lashes, but this Iconic actually toned that down slightly and gave me great lashes without the 'hugeness' of ysl, also was very very black more so than ysl. BUT it was really hard to remove and i would be pulling and tugging at my eyes to get this off- but then im used to the simple 2 swipes for my faux cils! :) Also by day 4, my lashes started to clump badly and i didnt really get a curl, maybe SLIGHTLY but nothing noticeable and i ended up using an eyelash curler in the end. Overall, this mascara just wasnt for me, it also didnt give me any volume at all. Good for the natural look, because if you start layering this too much you will get clumping, and for people that are more interested in adding length and generally 'blackness/darkness' to their eyes than any volume/huge lashes

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2009 10:41:00 PM More reviews by kmaro

I am really disappointed with this product. The wand is terrible. I was going for very dramatic lashes but all this did was cause my lashes to clump together. It did lengthen them but it seemed to bend my lashes in unwanted shapes (think S on it's side). I found this strange since I had tried it on in store ( using the disposable wand ) and had really liked it. I cleaned the wand off from my badgal mascara and decided to try it with the iconic. Guess what, it worked even better then with the badgal. Conclusion...the formula is good but the applicator is awful. Not worth the money. I love the effect of badgal (by benefit) but it has a tendancy to give me raccoon eyes by the afternoon....any sugestions?

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2009 2:16:00 AM More reviews by snwsnw

I really wanted to love this product. Especially for the near thirty dollar price tag. I must be out of my mind. Don't get me wrong; it works really well, doesn't smudge, and curls pretty well. But I ask myself, does it really perform any better than my Max Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara that was twenty dollars cheaper? I think not. Iconic is almost impossible to remove, as well; even with my oil based and waterproof eye makeup removers. Sigh...what a major disappointment. It's pretty sad when my HE mascara's collect together in my makeup stash at home, yet I have to carry my Max Factor mascara's with me on a daily basis. Need I say more?? I think it also promotes lash fall out since it is sooooo hard to get off...yikes!