April 20, 2014 | 1831 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 3.6(2086 reviews)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by Jessrockstarrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you have dry skin, STAY AWAY. it will look awful and definitely puts extra attention on any flakes you may have sitting on top of your skin. I returned this foundation the day I put it on.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2013 6:02:00 PM More reviews by Sweet4Me

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I paid $42 for this foundation at Sephora....not a cheap foundation so, it's definitely worth to do research before purchasing.

I have combination skin(Oily T-zone/normal skin on the rest of my face with occasional dry patches) and I generally tend to purchase/favor foundations with medium to full coverage(like this one). The best method I've found to put this foundation on is with my beauty blender.

Pros:
Water based (if you are looking for that)
Don't need a lot of foundation to do your face
Oil-Free

Cons:
Can easily look cakey/ become cakey during the day
Clings to dry patches of skin
Looks like you have makeup on your face

I've had this foundation for almost 1 year and in comparison to some other foundations that I own that are even roughly the same price(Like Laura Mercier Silk creme & Estee Lauder Double Wear), this foundation is just OKAY. It's definitely not my holy grail foundation or the foundation I reach for when I want to look my best, but it's not terrible or the worst thing I've tried.

I will continue using this foundation until I finish the bottle(BTW the packaging is great...very nice pump!) but I will not repurchase this foundation again.

In my opinion, better alternatives to this foundation are:

Drugstore: Revlon Colorstay Whipped or Revlon Colorstay for Oily/Combo skin

High-end: Estee Lauder Double wear or Laura Mercier Silk creme

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 3:15:00 PM More reviews by boara94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is actually my first foundation. I've always used bb creams and I wanted to try out foundations for better coverage. I'm glad this was my first one because it was a great experience. It applies nice and smoothly and stays on my face all day long. Looks natural and not cakey like I thought it would look. The colour matches me perfectly and with concealer, my face looks nice and clean with no redness, scars or dark spots! :D Very happy with it. Want to try other foundations to compare~

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2013 11:17:00 AM More reviews by Reemyn

Not for me.
I have fair skin with neutral undertones. I ordered this foundation in #110 , I think this is the second lightest shade. Yes, it's quite hard to choose the right shade online, but I had no choice... I really wanted to try this...
#110 is too light for me, and looks really pink, well at least on me! I was horrified when I saw myself in daylight, pale, lifeless and PINKISH. So I decided to order #117 (which has yellow undertones) to (sort of) neutralize #110. It got lost in the mail, so I decided it was fate's intervention, and I gave up on this. I mean come on... Seriously? A £30&shipping product and I still have to DIY mix'n'match the shades daily? No, thanks.

As for the coverage. It is light-to-med, your real skin's texture shines through. I quite liked it, but sometimes it sits really badly into pores and looks ugly. Even is they made new shades between 110, 115&117 I'm not sure if I would buy this again. I'm not convinced.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2013 5:23:00 AM More reviews by champagnestars74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I hate to say this but I will not be repurchasing this for awhile - until they change the packaging. I love the foundation - it is a good one for my dry skin - but I hate the packaging. I bring my makeup out with me and this one spills all the time. Yes it comes with a pump but the cap always dislodges itself in my makeup pouch. This is frustrating and I really hope they can fix the problem

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2013 11:36:00 PM More reviews by Genevaice21

I've had this product for 4 months now and I use this only for the night when I want a fuller coverage. The lasting power is amazing and it did not cause any irritation to my skin. The foundation smells nice and it was easy to apply on my skin. The staying power is good and it lasted for a good 5 hours without touching up.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2013 4:53:00 PM More reviews by poemaXX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had this product in my arsenal for about 2 months now, and I'm a bit conflicted as to how I feel about it. I use a flat-top brush and use it two ways:

-----1) sheered out with some water – pref. Avene Thermal Spring Water – and applied over my sunscreen for day, only where coverage is necessary
-----2) over primer – Monistat Chafing Relief Powder Gel – for full coverage for events**
** If I don't use a primer, the foundation settles into my pores. I have normal/dry skin and this has never happened to me with makeup.

117 is a PERFECT color match for me. I'm ecstatic about that, so I put up with the need for a primer. I'm pleased it does not break me out or irritate my sensitive skin. (I have several ingredient sensitivities that limit what cosmetics I can use, so this is a happy find.)

I like the finish of the product is very flattering for evening and special occasions. However, I find this product heavy for day-to-day use. Unless I need extra coverage, I've just been using my tinted EltaMD UV Physical SPF 41 and a bit of powder and that's it. I could also use the MUFE Full Cover Concealer for these little fix-ups, so that's why I'm conflicted about having spent over $40 for this foundation. It will last me a long time though, so maybe it's all for the best.

At this point, I'm not sure if I would buy again. Will update.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2013 4:37:00 PM More reviews by mh41

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product blends well and provides a sheer to medium coverage. The foundation lasted me throughout the day, and provided a pretty even complexion. However, I wouldn't run out and buy this product again as I don't need to spend the money on it. If like me, you're lucky enough to have pretty clear skin, this product isn't a necessity.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2013 1:59:00 PM More reviews by ellen1159

Pretty good foundation. It's pretty lightweight, coverage is sheer to medium. Doesn't exaggerate my pores. I bought my shade online after getting recommendation from online SA and I wish I had gotten a shade lighter: I have real demarcation between my jaw and neck (however foundation does match my chest). I got a shade darker to account for slightly darker complexion in summer and because my last foundation (Bobbi Brown) was too light.

Bottom line: not exceptional, but good foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2013 12:54:00 AM More reviews by alyxayavong

I have combination skin but I'm more on the oily side in the spring/summer especially in the t-zone. This foundation is definitely in between matte and dewy finish. I believe it has more of a satin finish. So if you're super oily I would not recommend this. It photographs beautifully in flash photography. It has no SPF so it won't give you that white cast effect. It is a bit pricey but worth the money for its quality. It does NOT oxidize which is hard to find in foundations nowadays. I'm currently out of it but I'm planning to repurchase cause there's no other foundation I love to wear more on a night out than this one.