November 24, 2014 | 1718 users online

Powder - Clinique - Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2009 2:15:00 PM More reviews by pammac5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This powder comes with a sponge to apply, however I use a nice fat high quality brush. I apply it on evenly and then smooth a little with clean fingertips. I get many comments on my complexion, especially when I have just used a good scrub on my face. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2009 7:27:00 AM More reviews by missred2u

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this product to keep in my purse to do midday touch-ups. I normally use Bare Minerals foundation and Mineral Veil and sometimes get shiny and have the foundation cake around my nose and under my eyes. I don't like carrying the BM around with me, so I opted for this. I have always liked Clinique and used it exclusively before trying Bare Minerals, and liked the BM foundation better. Not anymore! After purchasing yesterday and applying over BM, I fell in love at how my skin looked! When I got home, I washed everything off and applied only the Clinique. It looked beautiful! It made my very pale skin look healthy and creamy, and not powdery at ALL. I have a few minor reddish looking areas and this made everything blend together beautifully. I didn't mind the sponge that came with the compact. I wash my sponges and brushes on a regular basis, so I'm not too worried about the sanitary factor. So far, so good!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2009 12:53:00 AM More reviews by erkybunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

basically ended up being a $20 mirror to add to my make up bag. I thought almost make-up would describe the look and feeling, but it provided almost coverage and was not good for my oily skin.(as other reviewers mentioned.) usually do like clinique, but i wouldn't recommend this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2009 12:46:00 AM More reviews by cutelilram

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this powder foundation because I figured it would be a nice sheer powder that would even out my skin. Well it did even out my skin but half way through the day my skin became very oily and my pores were huge, which is not typical. I think I am going to stick with Revlon's Colorstay pressed powder and toss this Clinique in the trash.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2009 8:25:00 AM More reviews by bangernosh

I have normal to combination, somewhat sensitive skin. I bought this in light which matched my light warm NC 30 complexion fairly well. Coverage is light & I felt it made my skin oily as it wore throughout the day (I am not that oily). However the worst part of this product was that it broke me out in hives. At first, I didn't think this was the culprit, however when I stopped using it my skin cleared up, subsequently I tossed it in the trash. Clinique claims this is mineral enriched but it's not like other "true" mineral products because one I have never had a problem with mineral foundations and two, it may contain minerals but I am sure there are other not so natural ingredients in it. If you have sensitive skin, then I would stay far away from this product. There are much better alternatives for powder foundations out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2009 10:04:00 AM More reviews by moonbeam11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought the three piece Almost Makeup set from Sephora and I love all three items. The powder makeup is perfect for midday touchups or days when I don't want to wear very much makeup. I don't care for the sponge applicator that comes with the compact, however. I prefer to use a large powder or kabuki brush, for a more even and natural looking application.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2009 9:50:00 AM More reviews by SheDancesOn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I told the lady at the clinique booth I had dry skin, she immediately recommended this product. It's perfect for what I need. not too much coverage, but enough to give me that healthy glow. I personally do like it ( I am an 03 light ) and it matches my skintone perfectly. I buff it on with a brush and it's perfect. and it goes really well with their blush, which I bought and adore!

I really would not recommend this for oily skin. It's better suited for dry skin in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2009 10:47:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am oily, combo between NC30 and C3. I like that this does not oxidize or change color during the day and that it is not too orange in the color that is pretty much a perfect match for me (Light). However, I don't like the fact that the sponge does not have a separate container area underneath the compact with breathing holes, like other cheaper powder makeups (Palladio) do. If you lose the plastic tray that the sponge comes in, your sponge has to just sit on top of the powder adding facials oils and dirt to the makeup. Not good. They need to rethink the design of the compact. The coverage is less than medium, for a powder it's light to medium coverage that''s buildable, not as heavy or full coverage as MAC Studiofix or even the Palladio initially, but you can get it there. Edited: 6/09 I changed my mind, I like this more than StudioFix, Palladio or Lancome now because it really does not make me oily. I think the first few times I tried it I was using the wrong moisturizer. This stays fresh throughout the day & does not oxidize even if oil seeps through. When I blot at the end of day or midday, I have much less oil with this than the Palladio or Studiofix. I like the buildable coverage & natural look, great color for me with Light. I just wish the packaging were better.
Edited 3/2010: This is still good but it does make me oily during the day. I am back to mineral makeup. Coverage also not as good / buildable as mineral makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2009 6:09:00 PM More reviews by philipsoif3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading the reviews I decided to try this powder for the hot southeast Georgia summer. I LOVE it I am a woman of color and I find that makeup oxidizes and that completely changes the color. This product does not OXIDIZE it stays on throughout the day and in fact like other reviewers have stated it looks better when the natural oils on your face begin to show through. I work outside and it stands up to the heat and humidity so if you are indoors all day it will last no problem. If you have dark spots it will not conceal you will have to use a concealer but for me it evens me out and gives me a natural look. No one is perfect so if my imperfections show through I am comfortable with it. It really makes your skin show through. I apply mine with the Sonia Kashuk blending sponge and spray afterwards with a glycerin and rosewater mix to take away any potential ash. I also use the clinique pore minimizer in dark (02) over it. Try this product ladies it will not disappoint

P.S. to all the ladies that want it to cover imperfections just use a concealer.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2009 1:07:00 PM More reviews by oohollyoo

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i have combo t-zone skin and this powder makes me so shiney and oily looking. it feels heavy and gross.