January 26, 2015 | 1859 users online

Skincare - Body - Johnson & Johnson - Baby Oil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2008 9:01:00 AM More reviews by stargazer_lily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Life saving! Well almost. I have Seborrheic Dermatitis which means my oily t-zone also flakes and can also get very sensitive. After doing my research (a big thank you to BarbiH and her notepad!), mineral oil seems to be a good thing for SD skin. And baby oil is just that - mineral oil. So I have been using my once neglected bottle of baby oil on a daily basis for the past few weeks with fantastic results. I use it to pre-cleanse my skin at the end of the day then follow with Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser. My skin gets so clean yet never dry or tight. I've also been using it in the morning during my shower - I splash my face with water, then apply a couple of drops to my face. Meanwhile, I wash the rest of me then remove the excess oil with a washcloth. My skin is left soft, glowing and more or less flake-free. My SPF and makeup apply and feel better on my skin. I've even been using baby oil on my legs after shaving - add it to wet skin instead of lotion and see the difference! A fabulous beauty staple which I will never be without now. I only wish the bottle had a stopper which let out a little less oil at a time. Aside from that - perfect!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2008 4:53:00 PM More reviews by sbilokonsky

I always keep small bottle of baby oil to remove "late night" overpowering makeup. It really seems the only thing to remove it, over my make-up removers. However, it is best to wash face afterwards with your normal cleansers and use a toner, to avoid clogging your pores
Perfect for removing waterproof makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2008 6:53:00 PM More reviews by boogie4life

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I usually use generic versions and they work just as well. I use it for removing excess wax after waxing and it works great. One of my friends has started using it as a moisturizer and has had great results--I need to get her on here to write her own review. All I want to say about it is that I did makeup on two of my friends and with the first one I used a regular moisturizer and Smashbox Photo Finish primer. Well when it got to the second friends turn we were running behind schedule and I skipped the primer, but she had moisturized with baby oil. The makeup went on so much smoother and nicer with just the baby oil! Now, I don't know if this is for all skin types, so I'm going to try it on myself and the first friend to see if it works well. I was just so excited I had to tell everyone about it!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2008 3:41:00 PM More reviews by anoukk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is pretty slick as a moistrizer and it clogged up my shower. Hated the packaging because the output is difficult to control. But this can all be disregarded because the fact remains: Johnson & Johnson's Baby Oil is basically mineral oil. I would not recommend this to anyone because of the harmful ingredients. Stick to olive oil or a natural oil for the sake of your own health.

Also -- this is a general warning. I love MUA but if you're making any purchase, try to be as well-informed as possible. Look into the ingredients and be cautious with what you're putting in and on yourself.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2008 3:00:00 PM More reviews by KiuKiu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My aunt came over to visit, and she told me she had been using this to remove makeup ever since she started using makeup. I had already wanted to try it so it was "perfect timing." This stuff is excellent! It removes my makeup in one (max. two) swipes. In the end, I do not have a trace of makeup on my face. I've been using Shiseido's makeup remover for a while now (excellent stuff) but it is much more expensive than dirt cheap baby oil. After I finish my Shiseido I am going to buy this, but in aloe. I am so glad my aunt let me try her stuff!

***UPDATE*** My rosacea reacts to this stuff. I get really itchy hives every single time. The hives go away after a while, but they are so annoying. Also, after I use this and wash it off with my cleanser, my eyes get really dry and uncomfortable. I am going to try something else or go back to my Shiseido.

***UPDATE***I found a new favorite...Neutrogena Oil-Free Makeup Remover. This stuff is amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2007 1:57:00 PM More reviews by dmchee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use J&J Baby oil to remove waterproof eye makeup and it works great! Why pay high prices for biphase eye makeup remover when baby oil does the job. After using baby oil around the eyes, I wash my face with a gentle face soap to get rid of the residue as this stuff will clog pores.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2007 11:07:00 PM More reviews by pinkmagdusia

I love this for use in the shower. The Lavender scent is really nice. After cleansing, I apply this all over my body and gently pat dry with a towel. This makes my skin very soft and is great for winter use. I don't use it every day because it is a little bit of a hassle to deal with oil, but when my skin is dry or on really cold winter days, this is perfect.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2007 9:46:00 PM More reviews by eyelinerhappy41907

This is HORRIBLE!!! It gave me a very painful, red, and itchy rash on my stomach and upper thighs. I think it's the mineral oil, which is SO bad for your skin 'cause it clogs pores and is from DIESEL! Do NOT get this product! And the bottle gets gross and messy and oily. I can't believe anyone would use this on an innocent helpless baby! It's made out of diesel people!!! Do you really want that on your skin!!!?? Do you want this crap on your baby?!!?!?!?!?!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2007 7:23:00 PM More reviews by paigeedoodles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this! I love the smell and it's so versatile:
-As an all-over moisturizer, while my skin is still damp after getting out of the shower
-To remove waterproof eye makeup
-As cuticle oil
-It can be used to add sheen to lips, cheekbones, and eyelids
-A tiny drop rubbed between your hands and then smoothed over your hair will tame frizzies and static, and make your hair super-shiny
-I slather my feet with this stuff at night, put on socks, and my feet are so soft in the morning.

I also like the packaging. It has a small hole that the oil can come out of within the top, and the cover is child-proof, which is great when you share a room with a toddler!
I have just recently discovered this product, but I'm sure I'll be using it for a very long time. I'm running out to buy the lavender scent and Burt's Bees apricot!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2007 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Baiju

I like the smell and the feel of the product. I barely use the product alone because the oil will get everywhere. I usually add the oil to my hand or body lotions to increase the moisture. In this way, I would have a perfect hand/body lotion with the right moisture and the sweat smell.