Johnson & Johnson Baby Oil

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Fragrance (Parfum)

on 9/16/2008 7:33:00 AM

This is THE BEST eye make-up remover... PERIOD.

on 9/11/2008 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Like many have said before me, I think every lady should own a bottle of this. It seems like every other day I discover a new use of it. It is an excellent make up remover - even though I use it as one only when I unexpectedly run out of my regular wipes, as my skin is oily and prone to breakouts. I use a couple of drops in my foot bath and it really helps soften extremely dry areas on my feet. It removes wax residue in an instant and seems to soothe the waxed areas too.
However the best use of it by far is as an all-over body moisturizer. I am a body lotion/cream/butter junkie and let me tell you, almost nothing moisturizes as fast and well as baby oil does, and nothing will leave your skin less greasy, provided you use it the right way, which is: a tiny quantity, like two or three drops, on wet or damp skin, followed by gently wiping. On cold winter days I just slather this on wet, just showered skin in the comfort of my steam filled shower. On extremely hot summer days it seems to be the only thing that doesn't leave me with oily residue all day. It also has a nice subtle smell, so it won't interfere with your perfume.
As for the "mineral oil is bad" idea, NOT everything that comes from petroleum is the same, as petroleum is processed to produce thousands of radically different things that range from fuel to plastic, fabrics and basic cosmetic ingredients. So I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that baby oil is poison because of its origin.
All in all if you haven't tried it yet, do so, it is very likely you will find a new staple. It's so cheap you don't really have much to lose anyway.

its amazing for removing self-tanner and waterproof mascara! i love it! and its really cheap!

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Mineral oil is poison and you really don't want it near you eyes!
There are lots of oils that are much better and can be found in health food store or shops selling massage oils. Sesame seed, almond and avocado oil are good one and will not damage your eyes.Even olive oil can be used. A damp cotton ball with few drops of oil are very good. And do not use soap near your eyes there are some very harsh chemicals in soaps even if it says " no more tears".

on 7/8/2008 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

There is no reason to buy this unless you want to feel greasy and smell like a diaper. There are far better makeup removers and moisturizers out there. Try Alba Botanica and Neutrogena instead.

on 6/25/2008 12:13:00 PM

Baby oil to moisturize, year round. I especially love the lavender scented one, and now they have a gel formula, too. I prefer this to most creamy moisturizers because as you rub it into your skin, it heats up just a little bit and feels more like a nice, quick massage instead of a cold slather (especially nice in the winter). I'm not fond of body creams, and so have always preferred baby oil. This is another go-to makeup remover (eye makeup included), facial/lip/hand/body/toes/heels/elbows moisturizer, and hair smoother that I've had on hand since I was a child. A definite staple.

on 5/19/2008 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Every time I stray I always end up coming back to J&J Baby Oil. Olive oil grosses me out. I love it as a food but as a cosmetic it is way overrated. As a matter of fact the whole 'natural' read 'food' oils for cosmetic use revolts me. They easily go rancid and they 'break' down and go rancid on the body. The only exception is coconut oil. I digress. Mineral oil is perfectly safe and the best performer when it comes to removing stubborn makeup and sealing the moisture in skin. The scent is comforting and thankfully has remained the same for the nearly forty years I have been using it. Always a staple in my vanity.

on 5/13/2008 6:38:00 PM

My review is for the J&J baby oil and generic versions of it (e.g. Sainsbury baby oil for kids which is just as good and cheaper). I love how versatile this product is. I use it as a massage oil and it works a treat (although I'm not a huge fan of the smell)! Using it after shower always keeps my skin hydrated throughout the day. I love it as an eye makeup remover too. It's just as good as the more expensive ones I've used, if not better! I pour some oil onto a cotton pad, press the pad against my eye with some pressure for a few seconds (*no rubbing*!!!!) and gently but firmly wipe it- it takes everything thing, eyeliner, waterproof mascara etc., completely!!!! Not to mention it's cheap and available literally everywhere!

on 4/26/2008 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this product for years. When I shower I usually rub it in my skin all over after I washup, then I let it absorb a couple of minutes, then scrub and exfoliate all the excess oil off, then washup again. It makes my skin so soft! Whenever I take a bubblebath I put some baby oil in the tub along with other oils, i wipe most of it off when I get out then rub the rest in and my skin is sooo hydrated! So dirt cheap too!

on 4/26/2008 4:43:00 AM

OK, everything I use is waterproof, so its all pretty hard to remove completely. I always wake up with black stuff oozing out of the inner corners because usually it's so hard to remove.
I've used normal eye makeup removers and extra virgin olive oil. They both worked OK, but never cleaned my eyes completely. However, baby oil dissolves all my waterproof mascara, gel eyeliner in seconds. No rubbing needed. I use a soaked cotton pad followed by a qtip dabbed in baby oil and my makeup is ALL gone!

Popular Body Skincare Products