Johnson & Johnson Baby Oil

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Fragrance (Parfum)

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Mineral oil is poison and you really don't want it near you eyes!
There are lots of oils that are much better and can be found in health food store or shops selling massage oils. Sesame seed, almond and avocado oil are good one and will not damage your eyes.Even olive oil can be used. A damp cotton ball with few drops of oil are very good. And do not use soap near your eyes there are some very harsh chemicals in soaps even if it says " no more tears".

on 7/8/2008 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

There is no reason to buy this unless you want to feel greasy and smell like a diaper. There are far better makeup removers and moisturizers out there. Try Alba Botanica and Neutrogena instead.

on 6/25/2008 12:13:00 PM

Baby oil to moisturize, year round. I especially love the lavender scented one, and now they have a gel formula, too. I prefer this to most creamy moisturizers because as you rub it into your skin, it heats up just a little bit and feels more like a nice, quick massage instead of a cold slather (especially nice in the winter). I'm not fond of body creams, and so have always preferred baby oil. This is another go-to makeup remover (eye makeup included), facial/lip/hand/body/toes/heels/elbows moisturizer, and hair smoother that I've had on hand since I was a child. A definite staple.

on 5/19/2008 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Every time I stray I always end up coming back to J&J Baby Oil. Olive oil grosses me out. I love it as a food but as a cosmetic it is way overrated. As a matter of fact the whole 'natural' read 'food' oils for cosmetic use revolts me. They easily go rancid and they 'break' down and go rancid on the body. The only exception is coconut oil. I digress. Mineral oil is perfectly safe and the best performer when it comes to removing stubborn makeup and sealing the moisture in skin. The scent is comforting and thankfully has remained the same for the nearly forty years I have been using it. Always a staple in my vanity.

on 5/13/2008 6:38:00 PM

My review is for the J&J baby oil and generic versions of it (e.g. Sainsbury baby oil for kids which is just as good and cheaper). I love how versatile this product is. I use it as a massage oil and it works a treat (although I'm not a huge fan of the smell)! Using it after shower always keeps my skin hydrated throughout the day. I love it as an eye makeup remover too. It's just as good as the more expensive ones I've used, if not better! I pour some oil onto a cotton pad, press the pad against my eye with some pressure for a few seconds (*no rubbing*!!!!) and gently but firmly wipe it- it takes everything thing, eyeliner, waterproof mascara etc., completely!!!! Not to mention it's cheap and available literally everywhere!

on 4/26/2008 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this product for years. When I shower I usually rub it in my skin all over after I washup, then I let it absorb a couple of minutes, then scrub and exfoliate all the excess oil off, then washup again. It makes my skin so soft! Whenever I take a bubblebath I put some baby oil in the tub along with other oils, i wipe most of it off when I get out then rub the rest in and my skin is sooo hydrated! So dirt cheap too!

on 4/26/2008 4:43:00 AM

OK, everything I use is waterproof, so its all pretty hard to remove completely. I always wake up with black stuff oozing out of the inner corners because usually it's so hard to remove.
I've used normal eye makeup removers and extra virgin olive oil. They both worked OK, but never cleaned my eyes completely. However, baby oil dissolves all my waterproof mascara, gel eyeliner in seconds. No rubbing needed. I use a soaked cotton pad followed by a qtip dabbed in baby oil and my makeup is ALL gone!

on 4/25/2008 10:34:00 AM

I love this product... one medium sized bottle lasts for so long. i use it to remove all my makeup (mostly eye and blush cos i don't use powder/concealer etc), to moisturize my hair ends if i'm in a rush and can't find a spray, and to remove wax when i'm doing the at home waxing things. it leaves wax residue sometimes so i use baby oil to remove it. the only thing that i don't like about the product is the bottle tends to get a bit gross after awhile but a quick wipe with the tissue will work. this is THE product to remove eye product because it doesn't sting your eye like most removers do . i tried loreal oil based removers and i couldn't see for awhile because it stinged so badly and i STILL had racoon eyes. i also put it on my legs if i'm wearing a short skirts to get a lil sheen on it.

on 4/25/2008 12:48:00 AM

Over the years I have used several different eye makeup removers. I am always disappointed that they don't do the job as well as I'd like and some even sting. I used to use baby oil in high school but abandoned it in search of something better. I recently gave up and went back to baby oil. I'm not sure why I ever tried anything else. It removes my makeup completely, even the most long lasting eye liners and mascaras. It doesn't break me out and even seems to help my eye area stay hydrated. I wash my face after using in my eye area with a gentle face wash and follow with moisturizer. As for the claim that mineral oil is dangerous, etc., mineral oil is a common ingredient in many cosmetic products, it can be ingested orally (it apparently has laxative qualities. It is only dangerous if it gets into the lungs according to a government web site), and it is used in some livestock vaccines. I feel that if it is safe enough to be ingested or injected, it is probably safe enough for my face. The safety of this product will probably be debated for some time, but I have not had any adverse reactions to it and my optometrist says it is safe to use around my eyes and I plan to use it until he says otherwise.

on 4/9/2008 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

first of all the brand, has been used in my family for a long time. always as a moisturizer for the skin, and adds shine to the hair. granted, it dries out later, and let's your hair become greasy.. but it suffices. i have been using it to remove eyemakeup. i can't directly wash my face full of makeup with just cleanser. i'll end up looking like a raccoon. so i take all my eyemakeup off with a cottonball with babyoil. plus there's no harsh chemicals to sting my eyes, and i believe it doesn't stress the skin around my eyes. i haven't used it as an allover makeup remover because i'm oily and i think any extra oilage/ moisture needs to get off my face. but i may have to try it, to see if it'll work. why spend alot of makeup removers, this is cheap, and it's good.

Popular Body Skincare Products