August 1, 2014 | 966 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lemon Juice

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2011 5:15:00 AM More reviews by silvercons

I was searching for a toner here to buy and stumbled across lemon juice as an option.

I thought "why not, it's not like I'm going to waste quite a bit of money on a product that isn't going to work".

Just a bit of background on my skin. I'm 30 and have combination skin, oily t-zone with blackheads on my nose and have acne troubles since highschool. I have some acne depressed scars. I still get the occasional cyst acne and those pesky small underskin pimples that don't always come to a head but sit there for sometimes 2 months or more arrghhh!!!

I've made my own lemon toner concoction of 1/3 strong green tea, 2/3 lemon juice and a few drops of tea tree oil and use it every night. In the 2 months my skin looks clearer, I haven't had a cyst pimple in a while (oh gosh now that I've typed that I hope one doesn't come up, fingers crossed!) and the texture of my skin seems smoother and looks more radiant.

I keep my toner in the fridge as I think it will keep the vitamins more potent and it feels refreshing when I put it on my skin.

I still get blackheads and some of my scars are still there. I'm thinking my next batch might have more lemon juice in it.

I'm very happy with the results so far and I'm hopeful that my skin will get better the longer I use it.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2011 1:09:00 AM More reviews by PaigeB143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using lemon off and on for over a year now as my toner in the evenings after cleansing and I can REALLY notice a difference when I get lazy and stop using it. It really cuts down on my acne and it is super duper cheap!! This might sting at first, but the small sting is definitely worth the pay off :-) Here are a couple of tips:

1. Buy a few small lemons (you only use a small amount at a time so the smaller the better as they tend to only last 5-7 days after they are cut into)

2. Roll the lemon on the counter before cutting into it, this will release some of the juices inside the lemon and make it juicer

3. I cut my lemon in half and use one small section at a time, I put a cotton ball right into the section and press down to get the ball wet

4. Store your lemon on a tupperware container and it **should** last 5-7 days

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2011 10:36:00 AM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

works great as a toner. helps clear acne, reduces oil, unclogs pores, helps w/ blkheads and overall brightens the skin. It does take time for lemon juice to hit its full potential, its not a 10 minute miracle. Also it does sting the first few minutes but goes away after, dilute w/ water depending on how sensitive you skin is.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2010 7:08:00 PM More reviews by renyun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

No matter how I try to dilute this +use lemon juice as a toner, my skin turns horribly red and sensitive. I would not suggest using this topically on skin for those who have sensitive skin, do a patch test, if you are not sure. Despite its benefits, my skin just cannot tolerate lemon juice...too bad.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2010 3:23:00 AM More reviews by allymahvi

I've been using lemon juice for about a week now. I heard that it fades post acne spots, i have a few of them. So far I havent really noticed a difference. I'll give it a couple more weeks though. But what I have noticed is that my skin is less oily in my t-zone which is great! And my blackheads have been disappearing.. love it! I wash my face with St Ives green tea ance cleanser (amazing and dirt cheap). Then i put lemon juice on a cotton ball and apply it all over my face. Then I use Garnier skin renew serum. My skin has never been clearer. Now i just need something to fade my acne spots! Any suggestions??

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2010 12:20:00 AM More reviews by happyhamstergirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Lemon juice, oh lemon juice, how I love thee! A lemon tree grows in my backyard and I never thought it was anything special until I started having acne and hyperpigmentation issues. I learned that lemon juice was good for fading scars, so I thought, why not? What's the worst it could do?
I have used lemon juice many times before a couple weeks ago, with no results. This is because I was not consistent. I have been using lemon juice for almost two weeks, and the results are amazing. I leave it on for one hour, right before I go to sleep at night. Then I rinse with water and moisturize well. Last week, this worked great. This week, not so much. My skin is peeling, flaking, and irritated by the lemon juice. Now, I have cut it down to every other day. I apply the juice with my fingers. Also, lemon juice stings like a mother. It makes you wonder if you just lit your face on fire. However, this affect only lasts for like 5 (or less) minutes. It's tolerable. Beauty can be painful, right?
So about the results. The scars on my chin are really fading. Some appear completely gone. My scars are pretty old, too (I'm on Differin and don't have major acne at the moment).
So here are my warnings: *Don't overuse, you can irritate your skin
*Wear at least 15 or 30 SPF during the day; lemon juice makes your skin sensitive to sunlight
*You may experience flaky, irritated, rash like skin in the process
I will continue to use until my scars have faded.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2010 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Kately

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think this has made the biggest difference in my skin. I've been using this for about a week in the form of a toner with green tea, aloe, basil, and acv. It has really improved my skin by lightening dark marks, balancing out my skin, reducing breakouts, offering a mild peel, minimizing the appearance acne marks, and reducing redness in my skin. I tried diluted lemon juice only before and that wasn't as effect as this tonic for my skin. Absolutely love this and can't wait to see the full results after a few more weeks.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2010 2:37:00 AM More reviews by TipTopTap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am stunned at how well my skin responded to this. I'd been using Aqua Glycolic 11% toner with moderate results, but my skin still broke out around my chin periodically. First off, this stuff stings unbelievable bad. Like a chemical peel. I use it full strength and leave it on overnight because it feels slightly sticky on the skin. After one night I noticed the difference. In a week, my pimples are smaller, my pores are tighter, and my skin looks clear and radiant. I use it straight from the rind, it has to be better than the stuff in the bottle.

EDIT: So apparently this is too harsh for skin. I'll lay off and start using mandelic acid again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2010 4:28:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

After reading all the encouraging reviews here, I decided to give lemon juice a go. A little background: I have had acne since puberty, and now in my early thirties I still have breakouts - particularly cystic acne on my chin. I've tried alot of different remedies over the years, and recently started using tea tree oil pads (from Desert Essence) which have helped a great deal in controlling breakouts. But as a resut of years of acne around my chin I now have some scarring and hyper pigmentation (as well as the occasional breakout - still) which is where the lemon juice comes in. I have been using this almost everyday for about 2.5 weeks, applying a fresh lemon half directly to my skin (for me this is not too harsh, and I have somewhat sensitive skin). At first I would just apply it and rinse it off, but now I leave it on until it dries before rinsing which I find to be more effective. It *does* sting slightly at first, but this process happens with any fruit acid treatment, and this is after all a just natural chemical peel. My scars are slowly fading and the hyper pigmentation seems to have lessened. I also have a couple of cystic acne spots and they are going away (slowly, because this is a deep kind of acne). I have also used lemon on my T zone area to control black heads and as an astringent. I am really happy with the results so far and will continue to use this treatment for sure!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2010 7:45:00 PM More reviews by greenfaerie38

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After seeing so many positive reviews, I figured I should give this a try. I'm so glad I did! Lemon juice has improved my face and my hair. I used store brand lemon juice and transferred it to a spray bottle. The packaging is a bit difficult to judge, but using bottled juice instead of squeezing lemons myself has certainly helped.

Face: Lemon juice has cleared up my face and lessened the redness I occasionally get. My face is quite oily and I get some acne every once and a while, and lemon juice has made my complexion more even and bright. I spritz my face with lemon juice at night, leave it on for about ten minutes, and the remove it with witch hazel and apply a good vitamin E moisturizer. It stings a bit, but it's so worth it. If your skin is resilient like mine, lemon juice could be a great way to refine your complexion.

Hair: I heard that lemon juice can brighten up hair, and I'm always looking to give my medium gold blonde hair a bit of a kick. I spray this all over my hair and sit under a heat lamp for ten minutes before showering, and I can already tell the difference. It does dry out my hair a bit, but my oily hair needs a little drying. This might be too harsh for dry hair, but maybe if you use a good conditioner it would be fine.

Another use I found is that a light (and I do mean quite light) spritz of lemon juice is a better dry shampoo then any other I've tried. But if you try this, be careful and test it on your own for a while to determine the perfect amount for you. I only wore this out and about after noticing how nice it made my dirty hair look before showering.

In conclusion, lemon juice is the holy grail of multi-purpose beauty products: it's cheap, you can find it almost anywhere, and if you get thirsty you can make lemonade!

16 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No