November 27, 2014 | 1754 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lemon Juice

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by cicifran

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am very pleased.

I've been using lemon every morning for the past week and the result is; my little bumps on my chin underneath my lip are ALL SMOOTHED OUT. Not only that, but my stubborn whiteheads and blackheads on the crease on my nose have literally come off as I was wiping down my face this morning. Excellent, excellent results, and I don't understand why people need to run and buy products they don't need and are very overpriced. Just look in your kitchen!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2011 6:56:00 PM More reviews by candybunny88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

ever since a large pimple on my cheek left me with a pigmentation scar i have been looking for something to lighten it. i was really mad at getting the scar as prior to that my skin was pretty much fully clear and no coverage was required day to day. i stumbled upon the usage of lemon juice here and decided to give it a go. for reference i use the bottled stuff as i cannot be bothered to squeeze a lemon daily (i mean c'mon, im lazy as hell) and although my scar has been lightened somewhat (i have been using this for a month now and really the lightening speed is sorta slow), the biggest difference i have noticed is that i didnt get anybreak out this month around that time of the month ( i used to get break outs all the time around then).i use my lemon juice in place of a toner and yeah, hopefully i will get rid of that damn scar soon lol

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2011 1:23:00 PM More reviews by sarahlen

So I have used this about 4 different times on separate occasions over the last couple months. Just sorta randomly when i thought of it and had lemon on hand. The way i use it is i cut a quarter from the lemon and squeeze as much juice as i can into a little bowl and then completely soak a cotton pad and run it across my face for about 5 minutes or until it stops stinging, I might even dip it again and go over my face again. First it does definitely stings its lemon juice but it doesn't burn (redden and heat) like other acids or like benzoyl peroxide would, As for the results? they are pretty great for a product this natural and this cheap. I definitely notice my skin looks a little brighter and clearer the next day but I find its more of a difference in feel. The next morning my skin feels so smooth and tiny little bumps are totally smoothed out. My skin will also feel incredibly balanced like not oily, not to0 supple/ water logged and not to dry or tight. It just feels normal, soft but matte. I do however find that gylcolic acid peels give the same feeling and seem to do more for the look of my skin, marks, clarity and such. However If you really want to save money this is definitely, definitely the way to go as the results are very comparable. However I am trying to think of a way to work this into my routine for the vitamin c. (I use ether a mild bha, aha, or retinoid product about 5 nights a week alternating between them and then use a higher potency peel about once a week )

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2011 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Leesa123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So after reading this section and thinking vit C serum is ridiculously expensive, I decided to give it a try. I used full strength lemon juice (from a lemon, 39 cents each) on my face, neck, chest and arms. Oh, the ouch factor is there! But it quit after about 15 min. I left it on over night under my moisturizer and stuck to my pillow a bit. It did a nice mild peel and I'm none the worse for wear. I want to keep some brown spots at bay that have recently showed up so I will keep using, but maybe a bit diluted. Will post an update.
PS. someone wrote they have a lemon tree in their back yard, W"OW! I'm from Canada and we're buried in snow at the moment :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 7:45:00 AM More reviews by Crowstoes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

not to be disrespectful in anyway to the prior reviewers here but i just had to giggle a little reading these. i've been using lemon juice both on my face and on my nails for years with great results. my grandmother did the same thing since i can remember., she always had beautiful natural white nails and great skin.

s@rew buying that $120.00 jar of overpriced, overhyped, fix everything that's wrong with your skin crap cream that never delivers at the cosmetic counter. they can keep it for the next sucker. i'll be getting mine at the grocery store.

welcome to the lemon juice party ladies!!! - where y'all been - you're late.......

23 out of 36 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2011 7:16:00 AM More reviews by katsubrtova

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Gee whizzzzz..... that's just a miracle. I am actually writing this after I was applying the lemon juice cca for 1 hour or 2...
I woke today and I nearly passed out when I saw myself in a mirror - there was a pimple of course. Not a really big one, but still...I go mad every time I break out. So I decided to use a pure lemon juice, which I applied with a cotton pad. And now, in the early afternoon, the pimple's almost gone. It' still a bit noticeable that the surface is not perfectly even, but all the redness has disappeared and I don't even need a concealer.
Great job indeed.
I'm planning to use lemon juice as a toner before I go to bed, maybe it will help with my acne scars (they're not so bad, but I want my skin tone to be more even though).
I'll update when I see the results or if anything goes wrong.

UPDATE: It works, that's true, but it's not such a miracle I thought it was. Overall it's a good alternative to some effective and expensive treatments. Nevertheless, I can't help but mention that it IS quite harsh indeed.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2011 5:15:00 AM More reviews by silvercons

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I was searching for a toner here to buy and stumbled across lemon juice as an option.

I thought "why not, it's not like I'm going to waste quite a bit of money on a product that isn't going to work".

Just a bit of background on my skin. I'm 30 and have combination skin, oily t-zone with blackheads on my nose and have acne troubles since highschool. I have some acne depressed scars. I still get the occasional cyst acne and those pesky small underskin pimples that don't always come to a head but sit there for sometimes 2 months or more arrghhh!!!

I've made my own lemon toner concoction of 1/3 strong green tea, 2/3 lemon juice and a few drops of tea tree oil and use it every night. In the 2 months my skin looks clearer, I haven't had a cyst pimple in a while (oh gosh now that I've typed that I hope one doesn't come up, fingers crossed!) and the texture of my skin seems smoother and looks more radiant.

I keep my toner in the fridge as I think it will keep the vitamins more potent and it feels refreshing when I put it on my skin.

I still get blackheads and some of my scars are still there. I'm thinking my next batch might have more lemon juice in it.

I'm very happy with the results so far and I'm hopeful that my skin will get better the longer I use it.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2011 1:09:00 AM More reviews by PaigeB143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using lemon off and on for over a year now as my toner in the evenings after cleansing and I can REALLY notice a difference when I get lazy and stop using it. It really cuts down on my acne and it is super duper cheap!! This might sting at first, but the small sting is definitely worth the pay off :-) Here are a couple of tips:

1. Buy a few small lemons (you only use a small amount at a time so the smaller the better as they tend to only last 5-7 days after they are cut into)

2. Roll the lemon on the counter before cutting into it, this will release some of the juices inside the lemon and make it juicer

3. I cut my lemon in half and use one small section at a time, I put a cotton ball right into the section and press down to get the ball wet

4. Store your lemon on a tupperware container and it **should** last 5-7 days

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2011 10:36:00 AM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

works great as a toner. helps clear acne, reduces oil, unclogs pores, helps w/ blkheads and overall brightens the skin. It does take time for lemon juice to hit its full potential, its not a 10 minute miracle. Also it does sting the first few minutes but goes away after, dilute w/ water depending on how sensitive you skin is.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2010 7:08:00 PM More reviews by renyun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

No matter how I try to dilute this +use lemon juice as a toner, my skin turns horribly red and sensitive. I would not suggest using this topically on skin for those who have sensitive skin, do a patch test, if you are not sure. Despite its benefits, my skin just cannot tolerate lemon juice...too bad.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No