April 19, 2014 | 1687 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - the microdelivery exfoliating wash

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2008 5:41:00 PM More reviews by sat4ngurl

I love this exfoliator! The beads are small and it dissolves so it gently rubs away dead skin and doesn't scratch it like some other exfoliators do. It's gentle enough to be used every day and it makes my skin feel really soft and clean after using it. I used this at night and use Purity in the morning. The price is a bit steep and the cleanser smells a little funny... but the smell doesn't stay on your face.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2008 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Orwell

This one was sold to me by my beautician who got me hooked on purity. I use the microdelivery in the morning and purity at night. It's a very fine scrub and gentle enough to use often but I'm not sure it is as good at cleaning as the purity. It feels nice and leaves your skin very smooth, but I'm not sure how it would be for skin that is easily aggravated.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2008 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Angel_Wings

I have dry/eczema skin, and I wanted to find a good exfoliator. This product so far has been working quite well for me. It is gentle and it has evened out my skin, giving it a nice "glow". Best of all, it hasn't caused any flare-ups or redness like some of the other exfoliators that I've tried. Currently, I am only using it once a week, but I plan to slowly increase its usage. It is extremely convenient b/c it is a wash + exfoliator in one. I recommend this to people who want to try something that is gentle and effective.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2008 9:56:00 AM More reviews by Cinnabuns

I have been dying to try this product but it is a little pricey so I was beyond psyched when I purchased 24 ounces for $48 (!) at Nordstrom's anniversary sale earlier this month. It was made exclusively for their sale. My face feels really clean and smooth without any tightness, but I still prefer slightly larger scrubbing granules. I give it 3 Lippies because I'm not overwhelmed or underwhelmed. This will probably not replace Origins Never A Dull Moment in my regimen, but I am not disappointed in the purchase at all. (Or am I just really excited about finding this size at Nordstrom for such a steal?) Hmm....
Update: I'm halfway through the bottle and the granules have disappeared. It feels like lotion now. And yes, I shake it up every time I use it. WTF! This cost too much not to be able to fully use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2008 5:47:00 PM More reviews by kandcats

I got a deluxe sample of this from Sephora and loved it so I bought a 24 ounce bottle from Nordstrom during their annual sale. It has just the right amount of abrasivness to it for me and my skin doesn't feel dry or irritated after using it. I use it about 3 or 4 times a week to keep my face exfoilated and have been very pleased with the results.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2008 3:11:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The preliminary reviews for this were so great that I bought it right away, which sometimes turns out to be a good call but wasn't in this case. This cleanser/scrub is pretty gentle and is probably nice for those with sensitive skin, but I didn't think it cleaned too effectively, and the exfoliation particles barely did anything. I appreciate that it doesn't have sulfates, fragrance or parabens, but it does contain a few other ingredients that are toxic/regulated.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2008 1:59:00 PM More reviews by frenchconnection

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a staple, hg cleanser/exfoliator for me. I appreciate the fact that it is unscented. The tiny particles in this product exfoliate wonderfully. It's quite grainy, so you don't need to use much product. My face doesn't feel tight or dry afterwards, either. I am able to use this product without problems in the winter. I've tried probably a dozen manual exfoliators, and this one is the absolute best!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2008 6:06:00 PM More reviews by SZQueue

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well that's it. Another not-even-a-near-miss Philosophy skincare product. At least they seem to have gotten the parabens out of their line. But then, so has Pantene. The scrubbiness of the Microdelivery is pretty harsh feeling, especially on the face in the a.m. shower. Then, after all the suffering, your skin doesn't feel especially clean. The tocotrienols and panthenol got me to spring for the 8 oz bottle and now, two-thirds in, I can't wait to get the thing empty and in the recyling bin. Life is too short for 3-lippie products!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2008 1:52:00 PM More reviews by ale8one

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful occasional exfoliating face wash! It is gentle enough to use every day, but I use it every other day. I wash my face first with something else to remove makeup (this product isn't something I'd put on the eye area) and then use this. My skin looks and feels GREAT!
I see a lot of reviews saying this didn't remove their makeup well. It's not a makeup remover!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2008 1:22:00 AM More reviews by 1badcat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff was horrible! I had heard so many great reviews and I was very disappointed. It broke me out with a bunch of tiny whiteheads due to the low lather and not enough cleansing formula. My face felt dirty and grimey when I used this. The one positive comment that I can make is that the size of the granules are perfect. I have sometimes sensitive and all the time reactive skin and the scrubbing didn't bother me at all. Sorry but this just does not cut it. This is not good at removing m/u either...my cotton ball w/toner told me so-YUCK!