July 29, 2014 | 2115 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - the microdelivery exfoliating wash

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2008 9:19:00 PM More reviews by caramelkiss19

I love the grit in this. It's not harsh, doesn't irritate and in addition with other exfoliant products this is clearing the clogged areas on my face.
It could best be described and a sand texture in a creamy frothy base...I do always follow with my purity cleanser afterward just to get off the extra dirt and grime of the day and my face doesn't overdry. I went to repurchase which for me is a big statement. I seem to move on alot rather than stick with something. I've been using this every day. In the evening I rub jojoba oil over my face to remove my makeup. I leave the oil on and apply this and gently rub all over my face and splash with lukewarm water to remove. Great stuff, a little on the expensive side but being satisfied with its performance i will continue to repurchase.
12/11- No more manual exfoliation for me, AHA is much more gentle and effective...I only scrub my feet :)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2008 5:37:00 PM More reviews by cairn_chick

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have sensitive skin and this product burned my face and turned it bright red. I spent days calming it down. I tried it and I cannot recommend this product. It's gone back to the store.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2008 5:13:00 PM More reviews by tanassa02

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

But since it's only been 5 days, i'll wait a while before giving 5 stars. It's a great way to gently keep my flakies away. I use Tazorac just about every night, so i frequently have visible flaky 'dry' spots, which i find hard to keep smooth. I've been using a Clarisonic Brush, but it wasn't doing enough for me. This seems to be the ticket thus far. I've suffered no irritation, and my skin comes away feeling incredibly clean and smooth, and takes the follow up products very well. I'm sorry i didn't find it sooner. I'd love if it came in a pump style bottle. I'm actually thinking of returning my Clarisonic Brush.

UPDATE: I've used this mostly twice a day for the last 2 months, and i love it. So much so, i bought a 32oz bottle from QVC at a steal of ~$54 including shipping. I paid half that for th original 8oz at Sephora. It foams just enough, and does a great job of exfoliating without irritation. Since using it, i find my flakies much more manageable. All in all i recommend it, and believe it'd work well for most skin types. One of the great things about it is the ability to control the level of grit using more or less water. Under low water conditions, it's more on the exfoliating side, with less foam. On a wet face, with wet fingers, there's more foaming, and less of the exfoliation. I love the customization factor.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2008 4:54:00 PM More reviews by teanlu

I REALLY like this exfoliating wash. My cheeks usually become red after I use a scrub , and this scrub does not seem to aggravate my skin. I use purity to take my makeup off at night, and then wash with this in the morning.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2008 5:41:00 PM More reviews by sat4ngurl

I love this exfoliator! The beads are small and it dissolves so it gently rubs away dead skin and doesn't scratch it like some other exfoliators do. It's gentle enough to be used every day and it makes my skin feel really soft and clean after using it. I used this at night and use Purity in the morning. The price is a bit steep and the cleanser smells a little funny... but the smell doesn't stay on your face.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2008 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Orwell

This one was sold to me by my beautician who got me hooked on purity. I use the microdelivery in the morning and purity at night. It's a very fine scrub and gentle enough to use often but I'm not sure it is as good at cleaning as the purity. It feels nice and leaves your skin very smooth, but I'm not sure how it would be for skin that is easily aggravated.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2008 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Angel_Wings

I have dry/eczema skin, and I wanted to find a good exfoliator. This product so far has been working quite well for me. It is gentle and it has evened out my skin, giving it a nice "glow". Best of all, it hasn't caused any flare-ups or redness like some of the other exfoliators that I've tried. Currently, I am only using it once a week, but I plan to slowly increase its usage. It is extremely convenient b/c it is a wash + exfoliator in one. I recommend this to people who want to try something that is gentle and effective.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2008 9:56:00 AM More reviews by Cinnabuns

I have been dying to try this product but it is a little pricey so I was beyond psyched when I purchased 24 ounces for $48 (!) at Nordstrom's anniversary sale earlier this month. It was made exclusively for their sale. My face feels really clean and smooth without any tightness, but I still prefer slightly larger scrubbing granules. I give it 3 Lippies because I'm not overwhelmed or underwhelmed. This will probably not replace Origins Never A Dull Moment in my regimen, but I am not disappointed in the purchase at all. (Or am I just really excited about finding this size at Nordstrom for such a steal?) Hmm....
Update: I'm halfway through the bottle and the granules have disappeared. It feels like lotion now. And yes, I shake it up every time I use it. WTF! This cost too much not to be able to fully use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2008 5:47:00 PM More reviews by kandcats

I got a deluxe sample of this from Sephora and loved it so I bought a 24 ounce bottle from Nordstrom during their annual sale. It has just the right amount of abrasivness to it for me and my skin doesn't feel dry or irritated after using it. I use it about 3 or 4 times a week to keep my face exfoilated and have been very pleased with the results.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2008 3:11:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The preliminary reviews for this were so great that I bought it right away, which sometimes turns out to be a good call but wasn't in this case. This cleanser/scrub is pretty gentle and is probably nice for those with sensitive skin, but I didn't think it cleaned too effectively, and the exfoliation particles barely did anything. I appreciate that it doesn't have sulfates, fragrance or parabens, but it does contain a few other ingredients that are toxic/regulated.