Philosophy the microdelivery exfoliating wash

4.1

Water (Aqua), Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Cocoyl Apple Amino Acids, Diatomaceous Earth, Acrylates/Steareth 20 Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Tocotrienols, Panthenol, Sodium Magnesium Silicate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

EXCELLENT face exfoliating wash, my skin is sensitive and this exfolaiting wash lather's well, without eye irritations, my face felt smoother and healthier in appearances, a definite BIG THUMBS UP!!!!

on 1/28/2009 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I just bought this product yesterday at Sephora and I can tell you, I will NEVER let myself run out of this stuff and this is just after ONE use...I have great skin anyway, but I am getting older (37) and wanted to use something that would take away the years of "stuff" I've put on my face and skin...My skin literally glowed after I used this.....I didn't have to put on half the makeup today to get that matte flawless look...I already had it....

This stuff is awesome ! ! !

on 1/28/2009 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've just started using my second bottle of this stuff and didn't intend to repurchase until near the end of my first bottle when I shook it up before dispensing it. It made so much of a difference for the better that I feel shaking the bottle well should be included in the directions for use. The consistency of this wash is that of very, very fine granules which I find gentle enough to use daily on a wet face. My skin can be quite sensitive but I've experienced no irritation or any other problems with this product, just happier skin!

on 1/15/2009 2:13:00 AM

I don't know what it is with Philosophy products, but pretty much anything I have tried with this line makes my skin worse. Much worse. The Purity cleanser didn't do enough, so I thought I needed a deeper cleaner, but this caused me to break out even more. Along with the H20, On A Clear Day, and The Supernatural, I ended up giving all of my stuff to a friend.

on 1/11/2009 9:30:00 PM

An excellent mild "everyday" exfoliator for oily to normal skin. If your skin is very sensitive then I would use it less often but the micro beads (of whatever the little scrubbies are) are so finely textured that to miss out on trying this product would be a shame. Very nice clean feeling without feeling over-stripped.

on 1/10/2009 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have been using this about a year and, starting about a month after first trying it, I finally have the "makeup optional skin" promised by Philosophy! I have suffered from break-out prone skin since my 20s and after 40 it gets very old. : ) Since I am very fair, the red post-breakout marks would linger on my skin a long time. I started using the Aveda shammy at night (which I have reviewed and highly recommend), which helped remove any lingering dirt/debris/makeup from my skin at night and seemed to help the breakouts some. I then added this product in the a.m. and the combination has GREATLY reduced my breakouts. I follow the instructions and dampen my face, (first make sure I shake up the container first so the product does not separate), then gently massage for 30 seconds to a minute. I don't use in the shower as I think it would be too diluted. I think the MILD daily exfoliation is the key to clearing my skin as some scrubs I have tried break me out even worse. It's so easy and is not an extra step so I stick with it. When I do see a blemish popping up, which is rare, I use the Bare Escentuals blemish therapy, (which I have reviewed). Sometimes the opening gets a little caked, and I would prefer a bottle that lets you see how much is left. While it is a little pricey, it lasts a long time, particularly since I use purity at night, and it is much cheaper than some of the peels I have tried.

on 1/8/2009 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I received this as a sample and really liked it. I'm always reluctant to try new cleansers. I break out easily and I feel like my favorites get discontinued too often. I liked the Eucerin that was in the green containers. The last year, I've been using the Noxzema. Blackhead Clearing Cleanser, but I can't find that now.
I agree with a previous reviewer that this is a good morning cleanser. I want something more like the Noxzema to take off makeup. Besides, this will irritate your eyes. But this has been making my skin glow for daytime. It's a good exfoliator, without being too harsh or drying.
Everytime I go to Sephora, I keep asking for samples of this.
Now for a new night cleanser/scrub... .

on 1/1/2009 5:05:00 PM

My favorite face wash. The 'diatomaceous earth' is great for a slight scrub-like exfoliation which is just enough so I can use it every day. I use it in the morning and find that it really refreshes my skin. The gentle beads smooth my skin for makeup preparation. It's gently foaming so it gets rid of the oil build-up. It doesn't remove makeup very well so people would need to use a separate remover or try Purity (not for waterproof makeup). No noticeable, bold fragrance.

on 12/26/2008 8:17:00 PM

After reading all the glowing comments on this product I had high expectations. Well, I am disappointed in this. It's not that it's an awful product but it's not an amazing one either - it's just average and ordinary.

Now that it's winter, my skin is slightly dry and I've been using it twice a week for the last several weeks. My skin is also sensitive so I didn't want to overuse it. It has a gel-like consistency and the scrubbies are very fine and don't feel like they are scratching. It also forms a slight lather and doesn't have the typical Philosophy medicinal scent (I don't really detect a scent, actually). So, why wouldn't I buy this again? Because I didn't get the results that the other reviewers seemed to experience: 1) my skin feels drier afterwards, 2) my skin definitely does not feel softer, 3) my skin doesn't look or feel more polished, 4) I see no difference in my skin texture/tone

I wouldn't recommend this for dry/slightly dry complexions. Perhaps this is better suited for oilier skin tones. I am going to continue using this and will update if I see any improvements. However, for now, I am just hugely disappointed in this. Very economical - $25 for 8 oz.

on 11/29/2008 5:53:00 PM

This stuff is awesome. If you have to constantly exfoliate and still get the 'do you exfoliate?' comments, then this is for you.

I wouldn't use it everyday but the granules feel amazing on the skin and my face always feels fresh and smooth afterwards. I splash my face with cold water and then apply my serum/moisturiser and my skin looks and feels bright, calm and youthful.

This will also last a long time and better than buying any drugstore scrub. I agree with last reviewer, a winner.