August 1, 2014 | 1908 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2010 8:03:00 PM More reviews by laurencane

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite mineral makeup. I am a big fan of mineral makeup and used BE and EM for a very long time. I got a gift certificate for LM for Christmas so I decided to try her mineral makeup as it has great reviews on here. I was not disappointed at all! This makeup by far offers the fullest and most even coverage of all the mineral makeups I have tried. Somehow it does not look cakey like other full coverage mineral makeups. In fact, I still look like I'm wearing no makeup at all. When I'm having a good skin day, I apply the powder to a few spots with a concealer brush and leave my bare skin. This stuff blends in so well that I don't need to apply the makeup to the rest of my skin to get an even look.

I have only used it in the dry winter months so I can't say for sure how it will wear in more humid weather. But it gives a matte smooth, even finish. When I want a little more shimmer I apply a finishing powder with some glow.

What I like best about this product is that it looks natural, does not cause me to break out and is quick and easy to apply. It does not require the same level of buffing in that BE seemed to require.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2010 2:51:00 PM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

An excellent MMU. Looks gorgeous, flawless on. The color is pretty close (Classic Beige I think). I just wish it lasted a bit longer - although I know most MMU's just don't have the staying power of some liquids. The color for me is close but not 100% perfect and this was the best one for me.Other than that no complaints - it isn't matte but it isn't sparkly at all. It has great coverage and I apply it with my Philosophy Supernatural Airbrush with perfect results. Doesn't break me out at all and it looks natural but not 'too natural'...as in it makes me look perfect. I would repurchase it in a heartbeat.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2010 1:38:00 AM More reviews by inKimparabl3

So... I've been wanting to try out a powder foundation for quite some time now. I had no preference whether it was mineral or not, so when I stumbled into Sephora, I decided to head over to Laura Mercier, Lord knows why! I'm glad I did, however, because this mineral powder is really such a great product. I've tried a lot of drug store brands (cover girl, revlon, and maybelline) along with MAC's mineralize loose powder & studio fix, Pur Minerals 4 in 1, and Benefit's Get Even, and I truly have never been happy with how my skin looks. I was apprehensive at first when the SA matched me to classic beige, I'm a NC 37 for reference, but the color came on quite nicely! I've been wearing it for the past week now and it hasn't broken me out, it has stayed on through out the day, and doesn't create a mask all over my face. It's a "my skin but better" type of powder... and yes it is quite pricey, but it'll probably save you more money in the long run, by purchasing a quality product. The next thing up on the list to buy now is a Tinted moisturizer, which I believe LM is mostly known for... so theres my 10 cents =]

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2010 8:26:00 AM More reviews by ck673

As an artist myself, I was attracted to the concept behind Laura Mercier products. I've used the oil-free liquid foundation, foundation powder, pressed mineral foundation and the loose. After years of experimenting and mixing & matching, I'm making the Loose Mineral Powder my everyday foundation. It provides buildable coverage without causing breakouts (even during pregnancy). It seems to melt into your skin as the day progresses. It does make your pores look enlarged but using the primer does help (though I still haven't decided which primer I prefer: the mineral loose primer or the mineral liquid). I'm saving the mineral pressed powder for touch-ups only as I found it looked and felt heavier on my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2010 2:56:00 PM More reviews by kellywilson0

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

The texture of this powder is absolutely AMAZING...I've found that to be the case with all of the LM powders that I've tried - they just feel like pure silk. There's really no comparison between this and some of the other mineral foundations I've tried (Bare Minerals/Escentuals; Everyday Minerals; Mineral Basics, etc.). The other pro is the container - it's very sturdy, and has a special top over the sifter to keep the powder from going everywhere if it isn't stored right-side up.

Unfortunately, Laura Mercier doesn't offer a color that's pale enough and that has the correct undertones for my super pale skin. It's a shame too, because this truly is an exquisitely smooth powder.

The only other issue I had with this powder is that some of the shades contain Bismuth, which is a big no-no for my skin...I think that was part of the reason that Bare Minerals killed my skin the way it did. Back when I purchased this (mid-2009), I seem to remember reading on the LM website that all of the shades contained Bismuth...I just went and checked (as I got ready to write this review), and now it only lists Bismuth as an ingredient in the Natural Beige and Soft Porcelain shades. For all of the other shades, it simply says "May Contain Bismuth." Not sure how they can really get away with that, but buy at your own risk if you have Bismuth sensitivities.

If you're looking for mineral makeup that doesn't contain Bismuth, try out Meow Cosmetics (my absolute HG powder foundation!!)...there are a few other companies that don't use Bismuth (Aromaleigh, Mineral Hygienics, Everyday Minerals, etc.), but unfortunately they didn't work for my skin for various reasons.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2010 11:46:00 PM More reviews by chillyjihye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is the best mineral foundation ever - it keeps my face out of oil and gives great great GREAT coverage! and looks very natural!!! i love this so much i just ordered 4th one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2010 1:24:00 PM More reviews by triniloveyxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Overall a good powder foundation. I've been using EM in medium tan original glo for 2 years now and it's great but got bored with it. So I tried this in honey and makes my skin glow but just like the reviewer said below me, I too find my face looking a bit grey but covers up with some bronzer. I do find my face a bit greasy too that's why I took a lippie off. I'll use this container out but won't repurchase because I don't think the colors match me perfect. EDIT: gave me a couple of "under the skin" pimples, I think it's the bismuth. Returned it!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2010 12:27:00 PM More reviews by klaiyr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

After trying BE (too cakey), EM (I like this, but doesn't cover as well as LM), and Alima (couldn't get a good color match)... I like LM the best. I was lucky enough to be able to get this baby free from a swap and it matched my skin nicely. Not a perfect match, but good enough. (Don't remember the color, I think it's neutral, and I am NC25-30). Anyway, I find that the coverage, smoothness, and application of this is far superior to any other MMU I have tried. It gives my face a nice glow to it w/o looking too cakey (even though I pile it on). It really covers well, but sometimes I find my face looks a little grey (probably not a perfect color match), nothing a little blush can't help with. I know LM products are super expensive, but well worth the money, esp. with this product b/c it's gonna last you a long time. I still have a lot left, granted I don't use it everyday, but I think it'll last me for years. Definitely repurchase!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Update 9/7/10
I think LM is clogging up my pores! I have only been getting clogged pores around my nose/cheek area and I suspect it's due to LM. I noticed that although this covers very well, it makes me super shiny and oily by mid afternoon, which is what BE used to do. I have stopped using it on a daily basis and have switched to EVM, which makes me less greasy and feels lighter on my skin. Bummer!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2010 3:31:00 PM More reviews by ballmam2000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product. Having never used mineral makeup before, I was hesitant to try when the Sephora SA suggested it. But when she applied it, it looked like a second skin. I've got combo skin with some flakey dry patches (from retinoid use) and this just glides over them with ease. It doesn't sit in my lines and lasts all day. It covers very well. There is a slight glow that looks very natural. Bought the kit with the primer, brush etc. I will definitely repurchase. For ref, I'm NW20 and bought the kit in real sand.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2010 2:34:00 PM More reviews by jigs1229

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know why I waited so long to review this product being that I have been using for almost a year and still have a good amount left. I have pretty even toned skin with some minor acne and scarring, and feel that this does a pretty good job at giving me good coverage without the heavy feel of makeup. Feels great on my skin and does not break me out. I love that I can wear it in the summer and winter as well with the spf 15. I apply with the Ecotools kabuki brush and have really great results. The only downside that I can think of is that the product does come off a little bit on my coat or clothes (collars). Other than that, I will continue to purchase.
EDIT 1/19/11: Although I still do really like this product, I noticed that it is not quite an exact match to my skin tone, and unfortunately there is not much of a color selection. When this product finally finished (I think it was about a year and a half if not two!!) I have purchased Clinique's mineral makeup (Superbalanced powder makeup in 05 Natural) which I have come to really love and is an exact match!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No