September 30, 2014 | 1689 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2010 1:44:00 PM More reviews by karens

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In my opinion this is a dreadful product. The colour selection is dire. I've tried 3 different shades all recommended by the SA at SpaceNK in the UK (I've come to the conclusion the staff here are only trained to use the cash till rather than being able to competently advise on make up or skincare) and all 3 looked dreadful in daylight.

The finish is reasonably good, quite heavy coverage in-fact, but the metallic shine is appalling - think the Tin Man. I was an oil slick after 2 hours even using a primer and after 4 hours I was embarrassingly patchy with areas totally worn off.

For £30 I was hoping for a better product, better colour selection and better lasting power.

**UPDATE**
I tried this again in rich vanilla (why do I always believe the SA's not my own eyes?) and spent the rest of the day wandering around slowly getting more orange. This product oxidises like no other on me. I have found Bobbi Brown mineral powder foundation to be far superior and not shiny or orange.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2010 3:24:00 AM More reviews by xenon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I did not like this foundation at all. I'm not much for mineral foundations but I wanted to give this a try because there were so many great views for it.

The Good: super silky and smooth consistency.

The Bad:
1) Color Match: I'm NC30/35 and so I tried Rich Vanilla after doing some research online for a good match. Rich Vanilla was too dark for me... It's got a more golden undertone instead of yellow, which is what I needed.

2) Made my pores look huge! I have large pores to begin with (bummer for me) but when I put on the foundation, it made my pores stand out a lot more. In addition, it accentuated all my fine lines and made me look really old.

Still on the search for my HG foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2010 4:33:00 AM More reviews by laurenf13

I really like this product, especially compared to bare escentuals. After trying BE numerous times with different shades as well as combinations of shades, I just couldn't find a good match for my skin tone (I can get pretty pale during the winter months). I switched to LM and I've fallen in love. This product is great, and while it is a bit pricier than BE, it is well worth it to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2010 1:54:00 AM More reviews by fleshpot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just switched from Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals to this. Not because I didn't like BE but because I finished it and was curious to try something new. I LOVE this foundation!

I am using it with the mineral powder primer and setting with the loose mineral finishing powder as well. These two steps dramatically help with the staying power!

As for my review, i am pretty happy with the colour (Soft Porcelain) for reference I am an NC15 in MAC. I find it makes me look a little pink but not enough to make me stop wearing it. It blends flawlessly into my skin and looks so natural which is my favourite thing about this product. I have some scars left from past breakouts and it hides them quite well. I love the way this looks and feels! It's definitely worth the price!

One question I though - mine doesn't say "SPF 15" on the bottom label - does anyone else experience this? I purchased it from Sephora if it matters. Please let me know.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2010 12:52:00 PM More reviews by BobbinX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

For my oily, acne-prone skin... this has been a LIFE SAVER. This stuff keeps my shine under control, I rarely need to reapply, and I feel like my skin has actually gotten BETTER since using it!

Good for light or heavy coverage. If I'm having a particularly bad day, I'll throw it on over a foundation for a little extra, but rarely do I feel the need to. :) Nice stuff, I definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2010 8:03:00 PM More reviews by laurencane

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite mineral makeup. I am a big fan of mineral makeup and used BE and EM for a very long time. I got a gift certificate for LM for Christmas so I decided to try her mineral makeup as it has great reviews on here. I was not disappointed at all! This makeup by far offers the fullest and most even coverage of all the mineral makeups I have tried. Somehow it does not look cakey like other full coverage mineral makeups. In fact, I still look like I'm wearing no makeup at all. When I'm having a good skin day, I apply the powder to a few spots with a concealer brush and leave my bare skin. This stuff blends in so well that I don't need to apply the makeup to the rest of my skin to get an even look.

I have only used it in the dry winter months so I can't say for sure how it will wear in more humid weather. But it gives a matte smooth, even finish. When I want a little more shimmer I apply a finishing powder with some glow.

What I like best about this product is that it looks natural, does not cause me to break out and is quick and easy to apply. It does not require the same level of buffing in that BE seemed to require.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2010 2:51:00 PM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

An excellent MMU. Looks gorgeous, flawless on. The color is pretty close (Classic Beige I think). I just wish it lasted a bit longer - although I know most MMU's just don't have the staying power of some liquids. The color for me is close but not 100% perfect and this was the best one for me.Other than that no complaints - it isn't matte but it isn't sparkly at all. It has great coverage and I apply it with my Philosophy Supernatural Airbrush with perfect results. Doesn't break me out at all and it looks natural but not 'too natural'...as in it makes me look perfect. I would repurchase it in a heartbeat.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2010 1:38:00 AM More reviews by inKimparabl3

So... I've been wanting to try out a powder foundation for quite some time now. I had no preference whether it was mineral or not, so when I stumbled into Sephora, I decided to head over to Laura Mercier, Lord knows why! I'm glad I did, however, because this mineral powder is really such a great product. I've tried a lot of drug store brands (cover girl, revlon, and maybelline) along with MAC's mineralize loose powder & studio fix, Pur Minerals 4 in 1, and Benefit's Get Even, and I truly have never been happy with how my skin looks. I was apprehensive at first when the SA matched me to classic beige, I'm a NC 37 for reference, but the color came on quite nicely! I've been wearing it for the past week now and it hasn't broken me out, it has stayed on through out the day, and doesn't create a mask all over my face. It's a "my skin but better" type of powder... and yes it is quite pricey, but it'll probably save you more money in the long run, by purchasing a quality product. The next thing up on the list to buy now is a Tinted moisturizer, which I believe LM is mostly known for... so theres my 10 cents =]

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2010 8:26:00 AM More reviews by ck673

As an artist myself, I was attracted to the concept behind Laura Mercier products. I've used the oil-free liquid foundation, foundation powder, pressed mineral foundation and the loose. After years of experimenting and mixing & matching, I'm making the Loose Mineral Powder my everyday foundation. It provides buildable coverage without causing breakouts (even during pregnancy). It seems to melt into your skin as the day progresses. It does make your pores look enlarged but using the primer does help (though I still haven't decided which primer I prefer: the mineral loose primer or the mineral liquid). I'm saving the mineral pressed powder for touch-ups only as I found it looked and felt heavier on my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2010 2:56:00 PM More reviews by kellywilson0

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

The texture of this powder is absolutely AMAZING...I've found that to be the case with all of the LM powders that I've tried - they just feel like pure silk. There's really no comparison between this and some of the other mineral foundations I've tried (Bare Minerals/Escentuals; Everyday Minerals; Mineral Basics, etc.). The other pro is the container - it's very sturdy, and has a special top over the sifter to keep the powder from going everywhere if it isn't stored right-side up.

Unfortunately, Laura Mercier doesn't offer a color that's pale enough and that has the correct undertones for my super pale skin. It's a shame too, because this truly is an exquisitely smooth powder.

The only other issue I had with this powder is that some of the shades contain Bismuth, which is a big no-no for my skin...I think that was part of the reason that Bare Minerals killed my skin the way it did. Back when I purchased this (mid-2009), I seem to remember reading on the LM website that all of the shades contained Bismuth...I just went and checked (as I got ready to write this review), and now it only lists Bismuth as an ingredient in the Natural Beige and Soft Porcelain shades. For all of the other shades, it simply says "May Contain Bismuth." Not sure how they can really get away with that, but buy at your own risk if you have Bismuth sensitivities.

If you're looking for mineral makeup that doesn't contain Bismuth, try out Meow Cosmetics (my absolute HG powder foundation!!)...there are a few other companies that don't use Bismuth (Aromaleigh, Mineral Hygienics, Everyday Minerals, etc.), but unfortunately they didn't work for my skin for various reasons.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No