MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Light

3.9

TALC, MICA, DIMETHICONE, POLYSORBATE 20, SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL, YEAST EXTRACT\FAEX\EXTRAIT DE LEVURE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, RETINYL PALMITATE, LAUROYL LYSINE, ISOPROPYL PALMITATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, BHT, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, PHENOXYETHANOL [ /- TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090), BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), CARMINE (CI 75470), CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN (CI 77289), CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS (CI 77288), FERRIC FERROCYANIDE (CI 77510), MANGANESE VIOLET (CI 77742), RED 6 (CI 15850), RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850), ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007), YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140), YELLOW 6 LAKE (CI 15985)]

on 4/28/2008 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I'm a bit skeeved at MAC for not listing ingredients on their website when I ordered this, because it has the dreaded bismuth oxychloride which has become my enemy in mineral foundations. Granted, it's halfway or 3/4 down the list, but it's in there. Otherwise, it's a nice, light, easily blendable natural-looking powder, great for touchups (if it had a mirror, which it doesn't. Another point off). The Light shade matched me perfectly (NC15-20) and looked really nice, it just doesn't FEEL nice because of the bismuth (makes me itch). Dammit. (I also think it's a bit too expensive for a basic powder, but that's MAC for you.)

on 4/3/2008 2:15:00 PM

This product has become a staple. I use it as a powder to set my foundation, but you could use it as a foundation in itself (it's slightly too yellow for me to apply heavily, however). It's very light in texture because it's baked rather than pressed -- and the finish it gives isn't "powdery" or matte. When my skin looks a little too "made-up" I whisk this overtop and it just looks naturally flawless. I have never had a breakout from this, either. I wear this powder every day and will repurchase the instant I run out.

on 4/2/2008 1:15:00 PM

I am very pale with surfacey pink and yellow undertones. Porcelain, I suppose. The "Light" which was applied in the store looked AMAZING, so I bought it. Upon going outside and going home to more 'real' lighting, I could see how cakey it actually was, and made my skin look pastey yellow! Yuck! I looked a bit jaundicy. Not "Light" enough apparently. Back to the store it went.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

When MAC finally came out with a matte version of their illustrious MSF, i knew i had to have one. At first i wasn't overly pleased with it bc i think i was using a much too heavy foundation with it, but after a while i experimented and found that it worked exceedingly well with select spf 15 and my favorite Revlon Colorstay. I am now on my second compact and i must say that i'll never go back to regular powder to set my foundation again. It goes on so smooth and silky and has a semi-matte finish. It doesn't cake and it's extremely long-lasting on my skin. The one problem i have with this product is the packaging. While the product itself is amazing, I do wish the packaging had a mirror like all the other pressed powders do. The packaging of the Laura Geller baked powders would be absolutely perfect, that way i don't have to bring along another mirror just to do a little touch up.

on 3/5/2008 12:13:00 AM

I switched from using my Select Sheer Pressed Powder to this and I have to say it works so much better. I am an NW15 with dry skin and it gives me just enough coverage. It evens out my skin tone, hides redness, and looks matte. The best powder I've tried so far!

on 2/28/2008 4:00:00 PM

This seems to be one of those love or hate products. I'm very happy to fall on the "love" side. This is a great product for people like me who want an even skintone but *hate* liquid foundations. This skinfinish gives much more coverage than you might think from swatching it on your hand, and doesn't need the kind of buffing required by mineral foundations (which is murder on my winter-dry skin*. After I dab on concealer, I can swirl this all over my face with my regular powder/blush brush and achieve a lovely, even skintone. Very natural looking and dewy without screaming "metallic".

For reference, I'm a neutral/cool NW20 and this is one of the very few "light" powders that are actually light enough for me.

Welp, I originally went to my MAC counter to pick up Sculpt & Shape, but my friend, who was with me, was getting antsy and I couldn't decide if I wanted that. However, I got entranced by the shiny sheen of this Mineralize compact on the stand next to S&S, so I tried it. I'm fairly certain this made me break out. After I used it, I checked the box, and sure enough it has bismuth oxychloride in it, something I had to steer away from in other mineral cosmetics I've tried. So back this goes. As for coverage the two days I had it on - one day I tried it over my makeup and the other I *only* used this. It was heavy enough to use as a light foundation. It made me appear matte-r than I thought it would. Swiped on my hand it was shiny, but I guess that must have been my hand oils or something. Matte isn't really a good look for a naturally oily-skinned person. Plus, I prefer dewy to reflect blemishes. So back this products goes, sadly. But it was fun to try and I absolutely adored the MAC compact for this - so classy and easy to use!

on 1/12/2008 10:39:00 AM

This is product that can give you a sheer dewy coverage, making you glow without looking like glitter (MAC Iridescent Powder, I'm talking to to you), you can achieve ALL this if you have a dry or normal skin, if you're combo/oily, it'll make you look like an oil slick.

I use it if I want to highlight my cheekbones, but that's about it.

If you're acne prone, it'll break you out as well.

I bought two because I was so excited about it, however I have a completely new one that will just sit there, forever.

on 12/26/2007 11:18:00 AM

This powder is AMAZING. I'm now using it as my foundation, it gives a lovely glowy finish and isn't too heavy. It doesn't look caked on and the colour is near perfect. I just wish it had a mirror in the compact so it's easier to apply on the move. It's a bit expensive, but completely worth it.

on 11/17/2007 9:56:00 AM

I switched to this from the usual Select pressed powder. I'm usually NC/NW 15-20 (one of those ambiguous skintones... NC when I'm tanned, NW otherwise..) One thing I like about the MSNs is that it doesn't use the NC/NW system, so it's totally neutral and should suit most skintones. This color on me is actually slightly lighter than my skintone - without anything else, it makes me look very pale, so I always make sure I use a blusher or bronzer on top of it.

It also has great staying power in comparison to the pressed powders or the loose powders. Wear it on top of a slightly still moist skin after moisturizing or putting sunblock/foundation makes it last longer!

I do wish this comes with a mirror, because I carry it everywhere and use it to touch-up.

All MAC's mineralize products last for so long, this one included. I wear it almost everyday for 2 months now and it has barely been reduced. Will definitely make this my staple!