April 23, 2014 | 903 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Light

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2007 6:12:00 PM More reviews by Deandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought the Light color - I'm in NC20 in most MAC foundations and occasionally an NC15 in some formulas. I really love the pressed dome as opposed to the usual loose powder shakers which tend to be very messy to use and therefore bad for traveling. (Don't get me wrong; I do adore loose powders for the makeup table - if you're never going to take the powder outside your home they are great - nice, airy fluffy feel.) I've noticed that mineral powders tend to run a little darker than talc-based translucent powders, and for that reason it's important not to overdo them - another reason is that when you put too much on mineral powders can feel heavy. So with a gentle hand, apply a light dusting, soft like fairy dust, with a brush (never with a puff which gives out too much product) and you will have a lovely way to set your foundation. Less is more.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2007 5:48:00 PM More reviews by xcoco

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It doesnt really give me any coverage. I use it to set my makeup and it makes my skin look really nice. I used to use this to touch up my makeup when my face was shiny but I learned that this powder was supposed to give a dewy look, so instead it was making my face shinier lol. I dont think im going to buy this product again since I can use my blot powder to control the shine and set my makeup at the same time.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2007 2:42:00 PM More reviews by eowyn797

this gives me a lovely airbrushed look when i use it over my foundation or as a setting powder. i am NW15 and this suits me in all seasons. i have never used it alone, but if i had better skin, it'd be a perfect light powder for days when you don't want to wear much in the way of makeup. when i want to look really elegant, i wear this over everything and it pulls the look together and makes it look much more natural and blended! i have super sensitive skin, but this doesn't make me break out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2007 7:07:00 AM More reviews by CrystalDreams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! I've had it since it came out with Avante gold, but I hadn't reviewed it till now...
While I have other foundations, this one is the one I ALWAYS reach for and works well for both day and night!!

All I need use is my make up for ever face and body foundation (keeps the concealer from getting cakey)+ full cover concealer under the eyes..., a bit of blush, emote along the jawline, emphasize highlight powder above the cheekbones and for the T-zone, some eyeliner, spritz with fix+ and my skin looks absolutely perfect!! :D

As a foundation, I actually find that MSF naturals have enough coverage for me- but my skin is pretty good with very few scars, so that might have something to do with it. I use MUFE full cover concealer to cover up a few freckles and whatever fading scars may be present underneath MSFN.

In terms of how long it lasts, this also lasts ALL DAY on me. While I tend to get a little oily on the nose during summer with this on, it's not really a huge problem for me and I get WAAYY oilier on the nose and forehead with other foundations anyway!! Note that my skin is not oily without make up on though... How oily I get with this on depends on my primer and amount and type of moisturiser I used that morning.

As for how much product you get? I have had mine since the beginning of this year, and the dome has gone all flat. I still have product left though, (I'd say maybe 30-35% of total compact is left) and I use this EVERY time I go out. Which means at least 6 days a week since I have class 5 days a week!

While this is quite pricey in Australia ($46 now), I have managed to pick mine up on ebay US or through CPs, so it hasn't been too bad!!

ETA: I burn through this stuff like there's no tomorrow lol. One compact will typically last me for 3 months or so, but I use it a LOT (every day) and it IS my foundation (use 182 kabuki or 187 then 182) so it gets a lot of use!

I AM still using this as my foundation 3.5 years from my initial review though... so I think I've found my HG!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2007 5:53:00 PM More reviews by laureg

All in all a good product. The product is quite sheer, with very subtle shimmer that gives a nice allover glow without being sparkly. I find this product doesn't give a fake "airbrushed skin" effect that some of the mineral products do, which isn't a bad thing at all. The light color is a bit dark on me, but most everything is. For now, I'm liking this product the most of all the mineral makeup brands I've tried (L'Oreal, BE, Aromaleigh, Jane Iredale, Jane). Mostly, I just give my face a general dusting/light buffing with an oversized loose powder brush dipped into the product, and I find that it works well to even up my skin tone and give me a finished look without it looking like I have on too much makeup. I usually use a smaller eyeshadow brush swirled in the product to cover my eyelids, under my eyes, etc. The product is a built-up dome of pressed mineral product, and as a note of caution it will shatter like glass if dropped, or bumped around in your purse, etc. I'm finding this stuff very nice to use for the summer, although I find that depending on what type of cream, lotion, sunscreen, etc that you prep your face with, this stuff does have a tendency to settle into fine lines around your mouth and under your eyes, etc.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2007 6:01:00 AM More reviews by asylumgreen

This is one of my favourite MAC products, and also my favourite powder in general, compared to other mineral products I've used (Bare Minerals, Everyday Minerals).

The finish is perfect - mostly matte, but with a very subtle glow. It doesn't look too shiny on my combination skin. It also looks extremely natural, not powdery or cakey at all, especially after it's been on for awhile.

When worn alone, its lasting power is about average, but when I put a finishing powder on top (I use Everyday Minerals silk dust), it lasts all day.

The packaging is good, and I like that it's in a compact form, but there isn't much product for how much it costs. Still, I think it's worth the money considering how good it is.

I haven't repurchased since I ran out, because it's a bit too dark on me. However, if they made a lighter shade, I definitely would.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2007 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Newme

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this!!!! I have tried soooo many powders and powder foundation and for one reason or another they weren't quite what I was looking for. But this is!!! I have 40 something dry dry dry skin. Most powders accentuate everything that is wrong with my skin. Then there are those that claim to be light reflecting but then I just get a glittery face. YUCK!!! This looks so natural I can't believe it. It's like my skin but better. Run as fast as you can to get this!!! It's a bit pricey but worth it!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2007 8:36:00 AM More reviews by ActorMom

I was really intrigued by this product when it was first released but avoided purchasing it because of the LE status it initially had. When it was made perm. I gave it a try. The girls on the board had mixed feelings. Some were using it as a foundation and others were using it as a finishing powder. I was looking for a foundation and thought what the heck, at 20 bucks..which is the least amount I've spent on a foundation in a few years I should just cave. I apply it with my T&T powder brush, the synthetic fiber bristles seem to grab more powder pigment than natural bristle and use it like a kabuki. I get fairly decent coverage. I use a TM under it to build it up a bit. This doesn't get powdery like many other powder foundations I've tried. I've so used it as a finishing powder, either way I like it alot. It gives me a really diffused finish that looks really really soft. I've even applied it wet, any way I work it I can't stop loving it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2007 5:06:00 AM More reviews by hullabaloo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'd read good things on the boards about this product by some fellow MUAers (Portlandgirl among others) and got this in Natural Light. I'm a PPP, NC 15-20, Laura Mercier Porcelain, and this shade is great for me. I used it today over my SPF/moisturizer and I am so thrilled with it. I also got MAC's new 182 buffer brush (which is fantastic) and am applying this with that brush. It feels heavenly going on and does not look cakey or too powdery once I've applied it and the coverage is surprisingly good; it made my complexion look great. And it didn't seem to emphasize the lines around my eyes like some powder foundations do. I really like the convenience of a powder in a compact. I'm also a fan of Alima's loose mineral powder foundation, but I find this compact so clean and easy to work with. There's no powder fallout to clean up on my bathroom counter after I use it and that's a big plus. This natural light shade is probably as fair as I can go and might not be a match come summer time when I'm outside more. $24.50 from Maccosmetics.com.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2007 11:04:00 AM More reviews by peacefulheart

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Picked this up yesterday at Macy's, they only had 2 in this shade left. At Dillard's they were out of NC15. (Light) Their NC15 foundations are too dark on me, but I am hoping to use this over Cover Girl Smoothers Tinted Moisturizer (fair to light) and I will review it later today after I have tried it. The one thing I will say is that they need to get rid of the talc in this. I do not know why companies are still using it when it has such a bad rep. UPDATE-Returned it-it was just too yellowish on me and I am extreme PPP lighter than NC15-also the talc is just too heavy in this product which when I asked the SA about why MAC puts it in this, he said, that all powders have to have talc and I promptly corrected him, which he did not like-a bit of a snobby type, he was, and it really turned me off, although I did walk away with a lipstick...Fabby, which I will review.