July 28, 2014 | 2058 users online

Foundations - Vichy - Dermablend Corrective Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2008 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Deepsurface

Can you say WOW?
I have just been out to buy this (mostly b/c of all the great reviews here)
My problem with foundations is to make them last all day, I have really oily skin on/around nose and chin. So I will put it to the test fully tomorrow with a day seriously long day at work, full reviw will follow.
I just had to try it as soon as I came home, and can you say WOW?
I have superficial bloodvessels around my nose and some on my chin, plus some purple marks from hormonal acne AND some active acne on my chin.....see where this is going? I put this on and no one was lying when saying a little goes a long way. I only used a little bit and I look like a frikkin doll! In the good way! You do need to use blusher with this, and probably some bronzer/highlighter, b/c you risk looking like a doll the bad way otherwise.....Unless you just use it "just where needed". If it doesn't last I will be writing a very bitter review tomorrow, but I have to say this looks and feels great!
UPDATE: I have now used this for two days. Disappointment :(
It seems to make me more oily then I usually am, causing the foundation to "melt and separate" if that makes sense. It also seems to make my dry areas even dryer. All and all it makes me look older than I am and makes my skin look worse then it is...
I really wanted this to work, b/c the result when first applied is absolutely flawless. For photographs I would use it, but I will NOT buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2008 7:26:00 AM More reviews by Mirtilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I must say I was very skeptical at first because I didn't think Dermablend was the right foundation for me (combination skin with minor irregularities). But I got this foundation for free so I decided to give it a try. Well, trust me, it's an AWESOME product, much more than expected. First off, it offers a very light texture, easily absorbed and non - greasy at all. Secondly, it leaves my skin glowing and soft. Once applied with a wet sponge, I use a translucent colorless powder to set my make up. In this way, Dermablend lasts about 10 hours on my skin. The coverage is malleable and blendable – better than most of high end liquid foundations I own. A truly good value for the money.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2008 10:40:00 PM More reviews by blondchick12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this product but it is just not for me. I tried to switch back to liquid/cream foundation from mineral makeup just b/c the minerals were getting messy and seemed dry for winter. I like this and it does have awesome coverage, is not heavy, and did not break me out at all. It is just too oily for me, and my skin is not really all that oily at this time of year, so I know it was this makeup. I tried putting all sorts of primers underneath it and loose powders on top of it and nothing really did the trick. I will still keep this and use it as a concealer on occasion. High quality product but not for me.

**edit 2/10 I have been back to using this foundation everyday for the last 2 months. I mix opal and nude together with a touch of my daily moisturizer and I get all over flawless coverage that is a perfect match and not mask like. The moisturizer really helps with the blending and barely dilutes the coverage. If needed i blend a thin layer of undiluted foundation over trouble areas. Let dry then top with dream matte pressed powder and I barely get shiny. I am back to loving this foundation and don't plan on straying anytime soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2008 1:03:00 PM More reviews by stellrrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have a few breakouts and redness in my t-zone ~ but Dermablend is the BEST thing I have ever tried! I tried everything from drugstore brands to NARS and Aveda -- but this is by far the best. You only need a little tiny bit and it had fantastic coverage. Just make sure that your moisturizer is totally dry before you put it on. BEST foundation EVER!! Works really well with the Vichy Normaderm line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2008 7:44:00 AM More reviews by silviabeloved

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have always been a fan of "flawless makeup", it doesn't have to be thick or heavy or whatever, but it has to be flawless, I know the current trend is about "light, air-like" makeup, but whenever I see girls in the street with makeup and still visible flaws, I tell myself I don't ever want to look like that.

I have pretty normal skin, I think, combination type, not particularly acne-prone, kinda sensitive, overall I think it's average skin, not too oily, not too dry, when my skin is in normal condition, I usually get compliments on my complexion a lot, but I do have the habit of wearing makeup daily since I was about 20.

I had a very nasty allergy to some product I was using a while ago, not sure which one is it that caused the allergy, but the result was really bad, my skin is full of very small bumps, which turn out to be very deep tiny pimples, it's very hard to clean them out (and the skin around the area usually "breaks" in the process), and they leave very red scars, needless to say, I was really sad, and the situation lasts a long time, I tried Coverblend in Ivory, which I raved about here in MUA, I still think it's a good product, and I still think I didn't get the right shade (well, I should say my boyfriend didn't get the right shade)

But as my birthday gift, my very loving boyfriend bought me two bottles of this foundation in Opal, he knows I am deeply troubled by my skin condition, and he wants me to feel better, I tried it on today, and I have to say that this is hands down the best foundation I have ever used.

It's quite liquid-like when you squeeze the content out, I think I used too much of it, but it was my first time so I didn't know how much is needed, the color is a perfect match for me, yellow-based, unlike the Ivory in Coverblend, which is pinkish, it covers like nothing I have ever used, even better than Coverblend, yet it feels really light-weight on your skin. I used very little Coverblend loose powder on top of it because some previous posters here complained about the "shining effect" of this foundation (and the surprising thing is, my skin didn't itch this time, it always did when I put this loose powder on top of the CoverBlend concealing treatment makeup), then I went out in the middle of the heat and the sun, I was walking and sweating and window shopping for about 5 hours, when I got home, my makeup is still flawless, I didn't retouch my makeup at all the whole day, and my skin doesn't look greasy at all, it just looks a bit, hmm, how should I say, "watery", but even right after I finished my makeup, it didn't look matt or cakey either, I am really happy about the effect it gives, even my boyfriend told me that it works very well for me, he said I look absolutely amazing today.

The color didn't change or turn orange for me either, and my skin looks fine after the whole day of makeup, it feels fine too, it has been months since the allergy started, and I am positive that today is the first time after the allergy started that my skin looks back to normal again, and that really makes me very happy. I like the package because I accidently dropped it on the floor when I was using it today, and nothing leaked out, plus, my Nars 3 in 1 blush Orgasm doesn't sit well on top of all the foundations I have tried but this one, the two products blend very well together, and after the allergy I become very careful about products I use on my face, this product is oil-free, allery-teseted,and non-acnegenic, which makes me feel safe, the smell is better than Coverblend too.

I know I will probably never change my foundation ever again, because this has everything I want, and I think the price is reasonable.

13 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2008 11:31:00 PM More reviews by gurululu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Whatever you have to hide, it can be hidden by this foundation. I found it to be more like a concealer because it went on with an opaque thickness and had to be spread. A small dime sized amount was a bit too much. I have mixed feelings about this product because it has so many positives but the ultimate negative for me.
pros: Excellent coverage, fair shades, super chemical - free sunscreen, does not irritate eyes, acts like a wonderful concealer around my eyes. Gives skin a smooth, radiant finish, for yellow undertones. Set well under my loose powder for a flawless finish and almost was my wedding makeup and/ or concealer.
Cons: yellow soon became peachy and borderline orangey as the little bit of oil in my skin surfaced. The little bit of oil that normally surfaces and can be retouched w/ powder, soon became a lot of oil or shine that separated my tried and true loose powder. But it was 90+ here all summer so I will give the product the benefit of the doubt in this review because of all of its positives. I returned the product since I am not going to use it for my wedding. I decided to continue using my too sheer for an old bride "almost makeup" under my loose powder, over some block and the dermablend concealer (not the dermablend foundation) because I can't run the risk of using something this heavy for photos yet being super shiny in my photos with separated makeup.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2008 8:33:00 PM More reviews by tinamarie4685

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have EXTREMELY oily skin..... and acne scars now from bad pregnancy acne that i couldnt help but pop and pick at. But when i say my skin is oily, i mean like take a shower, wash my face and its oily 30 mins later. I have used EVERY oil control item possible, and MAC studio fix fluid, Prescriptives Virtual Matte foundations (those work best at controlling my oil, but they tend to irritate my skin and make acne worse for me). Well, I went to CVS to get diapers for my baby and the woman working in the cosmetics department was showing this to an older woman. She was saying how it was full coverage and hid acne scars.... but nothing about controlling oil. I asked her if it would be good for my oily skin and she said "yes!" and proceeded to read me the ingredients. She only said the sunscreen in it might make me look a bit more shiny. I dont think people understand just how oily my skin is.... i really dont think ANYONE in the world has as much oil on their faces as i do. I am only 118 pounds and 23 years old... i dont know why i am so oily.

Anyways, i couldnt wait to go home and try my new buy. It went on GREAT and i loved the packaging. I used my foundation brush to apply it, and then blended it in with a makeup sponge (my usual technique).. and then set it with my powder. Well, I have been blotting my shine about every 10 minutes ALL DAY - about 20 mins after i finished putting on my makeup i begab noticing how horribly shiny i was.

My husband doesnt know ANYTHING about makeup or just how oily my skin is, and said to me "babe, your skin looks a little greasy today". UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

I am returning this crap as soon as i can... luckily i have the receipt ($30 this cost me) and the girl told me if i really hated it to return it and say i had an allergic reaction to it so they will take it back. I can't wait to return this stuff!

I would ONLY recommend this foundation to women who have dry/normal skin.

I wish i wasn't so freakin oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2008 12:01:00 AM More reviews by Sayers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Beautiful foundation in every way. Love that i don't have to use a seperate concealer as this is an all-in-one product. Another bonus is my skin is in better shape since using this. Holy freakin' grail!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2008 1:04:00 PM More reviews by MissBoop

Dermablend, I found this stuff about two years ago. I bought the entire line that SDM carried. They had this foundation, the concealer and the translucent setting powder. I can't believe how long I've use this for. Under my eyes are really dark and this stuff could cover it no problem without a concealer. My face looks flawless and the color matches. I wasn't convinced that it'd cover everything but it does. As for 12 hours of coverage ... Ugh I don't think so. Maybe it's because I should be using the powder with it or something but it does stay put for 5 hours now that it's extremely hot out. But in cool weather, it's on all day. As for the tube, it's great. You don't contaminate the foundation and you could carry it with you for touch ups. If you need something that covers all your blemishes, use this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2008 4:07:00 PM More reviews by julstech

I'm on the fence about this stuff. I received a sample packet at CVS but the color is way too dark for me (Sand; I would need Opal probably). It feels lightweight on my face but appears to have settled in my wrinkles around my mouth and on my forehead. This may be more apparent only because the sample color is too dark. This is a liquid foundation which is pretty easy to blend (I used a sponge but a foundation brush would provide a more natural look I think). I'm willing to try this stuff in the right color because they say it would last 12+ hours. I can't give this stuff a true hot, humid day test unless I have the right color on my face. This retails $28 USD for 1 fl oz and comes in a tube.