Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Polyglyceryl-4, Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Pentylene Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methylparaben, Cellulose Gum, Aluminum Hydroxide, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethano, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Tristearin, Acetylated Glycol Stearate, Acrylates Copolymer, Butylparaben.

on 3/22/2010 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is the best foundation I've ever used. It works best when you use a primer (I use Smashbox photo light), or else it can feel a little mask-like and not blend properly. I have giant pores in my T-zone, and it hides them beautifully. It also resists shine much longer than any other product I've used, which means that I'm not loading up my skin with powder to stop shining.

on 3/17/2010 7:51:00 PM

I bought this the other day because I got myself a big dark scar on the cheek of my face. This foundation covers flawlessly, giving the image of perfect skin. But that's just the problem, it is too perfect, and mask like. Maybe it's the way I apply it. I've tried applying it with my fingers, and it goes on very thick and the finish is very matte. The coverage is absolutely amazing but on account of the makeup was very noticeable and didn't give a dewy effect, I don't think I will purchase this again. Maybe I will try applying it with a wet sponge, and I will edit this review after. But if you're looking for total coverage, this will solve all your problems. On the bright side, it's one of the few foundations that hasn't broken me out! It's a wonderful foundation for those who need extra coverage, but it isn't the look I'm wanting.

on 3/10/2010 2:55:00 PM

this is my HG product!!
could not live without this foundation!
it gives full coverage...and if applied with a wet sponge....it can become sheer enough and not heavy!
i'm using this product 2 years now and every time i buy another foundation its a disappointment!
the only bad thing about this foundation is that when i wear it in daytime it looks a little bit dark 4 me!!!!
take a sample and give it a try!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I was skeptical to try this foundation because everyone was having problems with the color choice, but I decided to try it, i was hoping it would rid me of my cakey looking make up, I have previous red
marks from acne, I have a pretty face, and value my looks
therefor I had been using Studio Fix Mac Concealer NC 15
with Physicians Formula 100% natural Translucent Finishing Veil, and Physicians Formula 100% powder foundation, it covered everything
but it looked so cakey ! So I tried this foundation, and it looks so natural, I don't mind the colour, I got in in opal, I use finger tip application, hasn't broken me out, dried out my skin..

* I worked all day, without doing a touch up i applied my foundation and dusted my face with physicians formula 100% natural translucent finishing veil, this make up stayed put*

pros +
hasn't broken me out
covers my acne marks
doesn't cake or look cakey
gives a natural glow to my face
doesn't feel heavy
doesn't get oily fast
lasts

cons-
color selection is limited

try this, it has changed my life and confidence level

on 2/20/2010 5:57:00 PM

The colors are on the orange side and they dry several shades darker. If you are fair. this stuff is not for you.
I'm glad a got a sample and didn't purchase the whole tube.

on 2/18/2010 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Very creamy foundation however gives kind of heavy feel. Matte finish and long Lasting. Full coverage. I got color sand as a sample and I used it as the conture color for my face. Will try nude color as a regular foundation and will update more information.

on 1/30/2010 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

YAY! finally a foundation that I can freely slap on and not worry about mixing it with other foundations so it would blend better on my skin! I have spots, uneven skin tone, this works a treat

on 1/28/2010 6:31:00 PM

I bought this a long time ago when it first came out. Saw it in Cosmo or something. I bought it in 25 Nude and it worked really well. It covers everything you want to hide but sometimes, it can cover too much.

That was at least 5 years ago, or whenever they first cameout with this line, so now my skin color has changed. I still but the 25 Nude but now I mix it with the 55 Bronze. I put 3 parts Nude and 1 part Bronze, they blend really well together. I squeeze a tiny dot of it in a lid and stir it around with a stippling brush. The brush really helps to blend the foundation, I personally feel that this actually waste less than applying with fingers. I just stir it in a lid, dab it on my cheeks, nose, chin, and forehead and blend away. This gives really even coverage and takes second for a flawless finish.

This foundation is extremely full coverage. If you apply the same amount as a medium coverage foundation, it will cover every single thing, so use a bit at a time when you are experimenting. This is also a great thing since you could double it up as a concealer. I didn't like the Dermablend concealer so I used the foundation. You just have to dab and blend with your finger tip. I use this as a foundation and concealer on blemishes.

If your skin is dry and flaky, it would work best if you exfoliate or moisturize really well. This foundation doesn't dry out skin, but it doesn't help to moisturize skin either

Overall, this is a great product if you have a big day with lots of pictures. I would say there's false advertisment since I've got melasma under my eye and it kind of shines through depending on the lighting, so I would wonder if it would really hide a birth mark or whatever. I use it everyday, and it doesn't break me out.

on 12/30/2009 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This could be my favourite foundation if there were lighter colours to choose from... :(
It has an amazing coverage, stays on and my skin likes it. But the lightest colour wich is "opal", number 15, is darker than my skin tone and a bit yellower too. But if i blend it carefully it works, but not the best.

But... This foundation works like a perfect eye shadow primer!!! ( I like it more than my Artdeco Eye Shadow Primer)

on 11/29/2009 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I use this in tandem with the Skin concealer.
Pros: non-comedogenic, non-acnegenic, hypoallergenic (which is great for my sensitive, acneprone skin), blendable.
Cons: borders on mask-like and the colour selection sucks. I mix the 15 opal with 25 nude AND coppertone for faces sunscreen because I hate feeling like I have a mask of makeup on my face!!

I'll go with Cover FX next time...