April 17, 2014 | 1790 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Vaseline - Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning lotion

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2007 11:00:00 PM More reviews by khourianya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Works well and smells pretty...but it doesn't hold a candle to my Palmers Cocoa Butter lotion.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2007 12:06:00 AM More reviews by qaweenbee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff moisturizes like nothing I've tried before!
A bottle would probably last you 3 weeks of constantly using it.. and I think its dirt cheap!
Makes your skin feel beautiful!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2007 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Kandinsky

By far, Vaseline's Cocoa Butter Deep Conditoning lotion is the best drugstore body lotion I've tried, and believe me, I've tried quite a few. My demands for a body lotion are just for it to moisturize and not smell bad. I don't need my body lotion to have tons of bells and whistles, and this doesn't have any: it's not fiming, no "touch of self tanner," contains silk or cashmere, no fake scents (what exactly does "joy" smell like?) and doesn't do dishes. I just get out of the shower and apply Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning lotion to damp skin, and my skin stays soft and hydrated until I need to apply again. This is about $5 for a giant bottle with a pump and is worth the money. What sucks is that the pump for Vaseline body lotions stops working at one point, so when this happens, just cut the bottle in half and transfer lotion to an empty jar, or just keep the bottle sealed in a plastic bag. This product is certainly not luxurious but it gets the job done.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2007 9:56:00 PM More reviews by rihannsu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

How Vaseline managed to mess up the scent of cocoa butter is beyond me. It just smells goofy. But I have to admit that it moisturizes my skin.

Won't buy again because of the weird scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2007 10:54:00 AM More reviews by SuzyCutie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Another reason I should not read Allure...I had to go get this-well,at a little over $3 for 10 oz. I can't complain.Smells lovely(good enough to eat)and really hydrates well.I keep rubbing it on because I love the smell:P

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2007 1:43:00 PM More reviews by jamiemp

I think this is the best new product around. The gel/oil is great, too. I'm pregnant, and I love putting this on my itchy tummy/boobs, but it also moisturizes all over. The smell is heavenly! So sweet and tasty. Also, I'd been fighting a weird rash on both arms, and NOTHING was working...Even stuff the doctor gave me. No joke, after 3 nights of this lotion (I cover myself in it before bed) the rash is almost completely gone. Also, an enormous bottle costs $7. What's not to love?

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2007 2:26:00 PM More reviews by ejeany

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great lotion! I love the smell and it moisturizes like a dream. I suggest using it at night though because it can get a little greasy. I had to stop using it because it interfered with my sunless tanner. On the bottle is says that the cocoa butter evens skin tone. It made my sunless tan really blotchy. But other than that, I would definetely recommend it to those who don't use a tanner. But beware, the scent is pretty strong so make sure you like the smell of cocoa butter!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2007 2:15:00 PM More reviews by morningmusume

I'm sorry, but I really don't like this. My body feels sticky after I've put on this and it feels really heavy and takes me a while for it to blend and absorb into my skin. The thing I hate the most about this is the smell of it. I think I'm the only one who doesn't like the smell. It's just so strong and people can smell it when you walk past them. Some of my friends like it, but my family does not. My favourite Vaseline product is Aloe & Naturals and I will keep buying that one instead of this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2007 2:51:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

I was worried that since it has coco butter in it.. it would be greasy and not very fast absorbing. I was WRONG... this stuff is not greasy and absorbs very quickly into the skin after showering. I love that the coco butter doesn't smell *too* strong. As for evening out my skin tone, I doubt it does that. It's a great moisturizer even for the summer. Light and not greasy but good for your skin, since it has the coco butter in it. Price is very good as well $5CDN for a huge pump bottle!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2007 12:41:00 AM More reviews by Rowdysmomma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am in love with this lotion. I bought it because it said cocoa on it and cocoa butter is one of my favourite smells. As a huge fan of Vaseline Intensive Care with Vitamin A&E (which they changed the scent on and made it disgusting and chemical smelling) I have been looking for a replacement Vaseline lotion. I was going to buy the Aloe lotion, but the Cocoa Butter one was a dollar cheaper (they are all very inexpensive lotions for the quality and quantity you get). The smell, although not very cocoa butter-ish is very light, sweet, pleasant, even unisex. The moisturizing qualities far surpass the competition. This lotion actually absorbs into your skin and I can actually feel my skin breathing a sigh of relief. It's not greasy at all, nor does it contain any kind of sparkles or shiny crap. Normally I am an Olay Girl through and through, but as far as drugstore lotions Vaseline Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning Lotion is in a class of its own. This stuff is so good I'm going to go use it right now.