October 21, 2014 | 1270 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Vaseline - Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning lotion

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2008 2:44:00 PM More reviews by EllieBaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

the first time I smelled this im all like "yum" but after a week i cant even use it anymore. its so disgustingly sweet. its like eating a chocolate cake that has 2 cups of extra sugar. eeeewwww

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2008 11:21:00 AM More reviews by Metoner

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I remember when I was younger, I really didn't enjoy the smell of cocoa butter, so I never used the lotion. Now that I'm getting older and developing and dealing with stretch marks, I'd figure I'd give it a try. Everyone tells me "stay away from those cheap brands", but I have to say, I LOVE THIS LOTION!! It has a really good smell, almost a caramely, cocoa smell to me. It does feel slightly weird when it goes on, but it absorbs quickly, and my skin has never looked so healthy. My stretch marks are fading a little bit,but I haven't been doing the best job of using it consistantly, so maybe with better use they would fade better, but over all its a good, inexpensive lotion and I recommend it to anyone.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2008 3:41:00 AM More reviews by janerbabe

Not the greatest moisturizer on the market but it does its job. It smells very nice while still inside but once you put it on I think it smells awful.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2008 9:11:00 PM More reviews by urstandingonmytoes

Smells wonderful in my opinion....not overpowering, but sweet a bit like chocolate. I slathered my entire body in this after doing a sugar/olive oil scrub (I now use SAFFLOWER OIL--it has NO scent at all! ) and my skin is soft as butta! lol Even my daughter told me that my skin was soft and everyone knows there is no greater compliment than one from your kid! I trust her not to hold back any punches she told me my butt had dimples (cellulite) too! lol
UPDATE: I found that safflower oil mixed with Booth's Walnut Lotion makes THE BEST body moisturizer I've ever found. I haven't used Vaseline's product since I tried this. I prefer Booth's lotion as a base, but you can use lotion you like, add a good squirt of safflower oil into it and shake well to combine. I apply it on slightly damp skin after a shower and literally my skin is soft and silky ALL DAY LONG. When normally by noon it would be dry again. Its worth trying!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2008 11:06:00 PM More reviews by bluedestiny4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff is off the hook!!!! I have extremely dry skin and I usually have to use heavy-duty creams, especially on my hands, arms, legs and feet to get rid of the ashies. Well, I saw this at a friend's house a couple of days ago and I tried it and fell in love with it instantly!!! It wasn't greasy. The smell is wonderful and it doesn't clash with any other perfume you are wearing, and the softness that it provides lasts for a long time!!!!! I'm definitely going to purchase this the next time I go to the store!!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2008 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Abbieness

I like this product. The scent is pretty neutral, it dissapears for me after a minute and leaves no lingering scent. Of course, the packaging is not pretty, but I don't care because I keep it hidden in a cupboard. The texture is thick but not too thick. It easily slides over my skin and doesn't take long to sink in. But the moisture lasts for me. I like in a cold, dry climate and need extra moisture. But lots of body butters leave a layer of oil on me that is uncomfortable. This stuff sinks in, leaves no residue, and keeps my skin nice and soft all day. I use a little more before bed, because my skin starts getting dry at that point again, but not terribly. I'm happy with the results. Will buy again, esp. at the price.
UPDATE: This wasn't moisturizing enough for the worst part of the winter in Maine. I found my skin was still itchy by afternoon even though I'd slathered with this product in the morning. I switched to Aveeno.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2008 7:37:00 PM More reviews by JMWT

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Firstly, the lotion has a high level of petrolatum and glycerin which I was wary about but after using it, and it didn't irritate my skin, I'm not too worried about it. The lotion can be easily applied and is absorbed quickly- not too greasy. It left my skin noticeably softer for longer than other lotions. The reason I give it 3 lippies is because of the smell. I don't think it smells like cocoa butter. More like a fuse of chocolate, fudge, toffee, caramel and some other sweet smell. It's not the worst scent in a product I've ever used but I can't use it everyday because the scent can be sickening for me. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2008 6:48:00 PM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This cream is wonderful for dry skin!! It makes my skin instantly soft and glowing. It's very cheap, absorbs easily and the moisture truly lasts all day. The only drawbacks for me was the scent (not fond of cocoa butter I suppose!) and it was a tad greasy. So I use it at night on my entire body and on super dry patches during the day. I will buy again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2008 9:50:00 PM More reviews by mochasplash

i absolutely hate the smell of this lotion, but it works very well. just because of the smell itself, i wouldnt purchase it again... i wouldnt use it near my nose.. mostly legs and thighs.
it's pretty cheap and thats why i bought it..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2008 9:22:00 PM More reviews by swirly_whirl85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love the actual lotion, hate the smell. I thought I'd try the Cocoa butter version of Vaseline Intensive Care because I love all their lotions as well as the smell of cocoa/chocolate. However, the smell of this lotion was wayyyyy to strong and over-powering and it has turned me off the smell of cocoa butter forever. I was on a long car ride recently and my friend had to switch seats because she could not tolerate the smell. I love the feel and texture of this lotion and it is very moisturizing but I just can't stand the scent of it :(