Vaseline Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning lotion

4.1

WATER, PETROLATUM, GLYCERIN, STEARIC ACID, ISOPROPYL PALMITATE, GLYCOL STEARATE, DIMETHICONE, THEOBROMA CACAO (COCOA) SEED BUTTER, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER), HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, HYDROXYETHYL UREA, GLYCERYL STEARATE, CETYL ALCOHOL, MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, CARBOMER, FRAGRANCE, STEARAMIDE AMP, TRIETHANOLAMINE, METHYLPARABEN, DMDM HYDANTOIN, DISODIUM EDTA, CARAMEL, TITANIUM DIOXIDE.

on 5/6/2008 12:15:00 PM

Well overall this lotion smells great. It's not too thin or thick. Moisturizes well even for my feet then again I don't really have super dry skin just normal.

on 4/6/2008 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

sooooo smooth! i love putting this on! my skin is much softer and looks glowier! the smell is strong, but doesnt stay so long that it makes you sick... rubs in really well, no greasy feel, just softness!

on 4/4/2008 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Its a pretty good lotion. I use it morning and night. My skin has been soft ever since I started using it. It smells great, and after you put it on the scent (whats left of it) is not overpowering.

on 3/30/2008 5:53:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I like this lotion when I can't find Queen Helene's lotion. IMO the scent is not overpowering and nothing like chocolate cake as one reviewer posted but I do think the Vaseline is a more sugary cocoa butter scent that the cocoa butter scent of Queen Helene's lotion. Overall a good product and priced accordingly.

on 3/4/2008 2:44:00 PM

the first time I smelled this im all like "yum" but after a week i cant even use it anymore. its so disgustingly sweet. its like eating a chocolate cake that has 2 cups of extra sugar. eeeewwww

on 2/25/2008 11:21:00 AM

I remember when I was younger, I really didn't enjoy the smell of cocoa butter, so I never used the lotion. Now that I'm getting older and developing and dealing with stretch marks, I'd figure I'd give it a try. Everyone tells me "stay away from those cheap brands", but I have to say, I LOVE THIS LOTION!! It has a really good smell, almost a caramely, cocoa smell to me. It does feel slightly weird when it goes on, but it absorbs quickly, and my skin has never looked so healthy. My stretch marks are fading a little bit,but I haven't been doing the best job of using it consistantly, so maybe with better use they would fade better, but over all its a good, inexpensive lotion and I recommend it to anyone.

on 2/18/2008 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Not the greatest moisturizer on the market but it does its job. It smells very nice while still inside but once you put it on I think it smells awful.

Smells wonderful in my opinion....not overpowering, but sweet a bit like chocolate. I slathered my entire body in this after doing a sugar/olive oil scrub (I now use SAFFLOWER OIL--it has NO scent at all! ) and my skin is soft as butta! lol Even my daughter told me that my skin was soft and everyone knows there is no greater compliment than one from your kid! I trust her not to hold back any punches she told me my butt had dimples (cellulite) too! lol
UPDATE: I found that safflower oil mixed with Booth's Walnut Lotion makes THE BEST body moisturizer I've ever found. I haven't used Vaseline's product since I tried this. I prefer Booth's lotion as a base, but you can use lotion you like, add a good squirt of safflower oil into it and shake well to combine. I apply it on slightly damp skin after a shower and literally my skin is soft and silky ALL DAY LONG. When normally by noon it would be dry again. Its worth trying!

on 2/13/2008 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This stuff is off the hook!!!! I have extremely dry skin and I usually have to use heavy-duty creams, especially on my hands, arms, legs and feet to get rid of the ashies. Well, I saw this at a friend's house a couple of days ago and I tried it and fell in love with it instantly!!! It wasn't greasy. The smell is wonderful and it doesn't clash with any other perfume you are wearing, and the softness that it provides lasts for a long time!!!!! I'm definitely going to purchase this the next time I go to the store!!!!

on 2/7/2008 8:27:00 PM

I like this product. The scent is pretty neutral, it dissapears for me after a minute and leaves no lingering scent. Of course, the packaging is not pretty, but I don't care because I keep it hidden in a cupboard. The texture is thick but not too thick. It easily slides over my skin and doesn't take long to sink in. But the moisture lasts for me. I like in a cold, dry climate and need extra moisture. But lots of body butters leave a layer of oil on me that is uncomfortable. This stuff sinks in, leaves no residue, and keeps my skin nice and soft all day. I use a little more before bed, because my skin starts getting dry at that point again, but not terribly. I'm happy with the results. Will buy again, esp. at the price.
UPDATE: This wasn't moisturizing enough for the worst part of the winter in Maine. I found my skin was still itchy by afternoon even though I'd slathered with this product in the morning. I switched to Aveeno.