February 28, 2015 | 1881 users online

Liquid - Bobbi Brown - Moisture Rich foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2003 3:00:00 AM More reviews by ozone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have normal to dry skin and this liquid foundation does give me non-drying sheer finish. The color looks perfect on my skin. And the dispency design is so clean and convience. I have heard that Laura Mercier is better which I don't really agree. LM has better coverage and I like sheer with buildable coverage. I like this foundation though it is quite expensive but I won't say this is my perfect foundation since I always look for something better.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2003 9:16:00 AM More reviews by janine100

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nordstroms just loves to take my money don't they? But I'm glad to hand it over since this foundation is worth it! First, my skin is dry! dry! dry! And this moisture rich foundation goes on so smoothly and moisturely, if there is such a word. This foundation kept my face feeling very soft and smooth all day, esp. my cheeks, but under my eyes and my chin, you can clearly see by the end of the day that the foundation dried out a bit and looked cakey and this foundation is sheerer than I expected but it's buildable. What I found so odd is that I've always thought I was a sand colored girl, but the MA said that Warm Ivory was my perfect match and she was right, this ivory color isn't pale and pinky, ghostly white but rather a pale sandy beige color, perfect for my skin. And it comes with a handy pump dispenser that you replace with the screw on cap.

*****UPDATE*****

I really am starting to HATE this foundation. This is the perfect color match for me but the overall performance compared to other foundations is relatively poor, esp. for the price ($38). This foundation dries cakey no matter what, settles into my fairly fine smile lines and fine lines under my eyes and lacks staying power. By the end of the day, I really wind up looking a mess...................

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2003 7:29:00 PM More reviews by heatherblossom

while I loved how this product applied and felt on my skin, and looked, after an hour my t-zone was shiny, after two hours it turned orange, and after a few hours some of it disappeared and some remained..giving me an odd appearance....nice texture..but it did not stay:(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2003 3:30:00 PM More reviews by April2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm always on the hunt for moisturizing foundations and decided to try this one after my BB salesperson convinced me that it was really great stuff. Well, it's okay, but not GREAT imo. I prefer my LM Moisturizing foundation to this because it covers better and is less greasy. This glides on well, does moisturize, but doesn't give me the polished finish that LM's does and it doesn't hold up well through the day. I also find that the color becomes too dark on me by mid-afternoon after mixing with the sebum in my skin (maybe I need to try a shade lighter.) I'll stick with LM for now.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2003 2:20:00 AM More reviews by Belindalison

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The positives are that it is an almost perfect match (porcelain) for my hard to match fair skin, it doesn't accentuate my dry areas, and is good at hiding the pinkness on my cheeks. This foundation is buildable so it can be worn at your preferred level of coverage.

Some negatives: it tends to disappear during the day and settle in my pores, and the glass bottle prevents me carrying it around for quick touch ups. On non-dry places, like my chin, it can be too greasy. But I can find a good powder to fix two of those problems, so it is for now my favourite foundation.

Edit: I am taking one point off because in Winter this did show up some more of my dry patches.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2003 4:46:00 AM More reviews by ally_xyz

This is my favorite foundation so far. It gives good medium coverage, but you can make it sheer or full coverage depending on how you apply it. Moisturizes without clogging up skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2003 11:12:00 PM More reviews by missytoe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation! It's definitely for drier skin types and I'd say it gives sheer to medium coverage, depending on how much you layer it. Definitely "dewy" unless you add powder and I can't say it's weightless, but it's pretty darn close. Love the hydrating feeling and it just evens out my skin so well.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2002 2:31:00 PM More reviews by blusky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I got a sample of this and I didn't really like it. It has great coverage and color selection which i love, but it didn't really look natural on me. Maybe i just need to blend more. The color i got was one shade too light though, so this might not be a fair review. i have combo skin but i was using this instead of the oil free because i had some bad flakies from my blemish treatment. This foundation did not accentuate them initially, but later on in the day, my flakies were visible again. I will not purchase this foundation because of this. UPDATE 1: I might try this again after all. My skin is less flaky now thanks to St. Ives oil free moisturizer :) UPDATE 2: nope, still don't care for this. LM oil-free smoothes my slightly dry areas better than this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2002 10:17:00 PM More reviews by luba

This is one of the best foundations I've used! It's not only buildable in coverage, but it's moisturizing! I was using the Fresh Glow Foundation, but it wasn't doing it for me. This is one of my favorites!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2002 6:39:00 PM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This foundation goes on very easily, but you must be careful to blend well, or it will look very mask-y. Sand is a good match for my skincolor, and I've had no breakouts. I also like the fact that it comes with a pump now--more sanitary. I don't find it *really* moisturizing, but it's not drying, either.