Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich foundation

3.6

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I hoped this would even my pale, pinkish skin without drying it. Porcelain is a great color (one of the palest yellow-based foundations), but too sheer for pinkish areas - new layers wiped off the first. It's a struggle to give even, smooth application. Then, after half a day it turned crusty, settled into fine lines, and (drumroll..) irritated my skin. Terrible. Not one for dry skin.

*edit* I'm going to post the ingredients, just to laugh at the name "moisture-rich". Only if silicones, butylene glycol, sunscreen, and alcohol are considered moisture... (still bitter :P ) ingredients: water, cyclomethicone, phenyl trimethicone, butylene glycol, dimethicone, dimethicone copolyol, caprylic/capric triglyceride, octyl methoxycinnamate, isocetyl alcohol, isohexadecane, wheat germ glycerides, magnesium sulfate, tocopheryl acetate, jojoba oil, hydrogenated lecithin, whey protein, sodium hyaluronate, ascorbyl palmitate, lavender, triethyl citrate, cholesterol, linoleic acid, propylene carbonate, sorbitan stearate, dimethicone copolyol crosspolymer, quaternium-18 hectorite, HDI/trimethyol hexyllactone crosspolymer, cetyl dimethicone copolyol, laureth-7, xanthan gum, triethoxycaprylylsilane, triclosan, chloroxylenol, BHT, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica.
continued >>

PRICE: $38.00

Not bad. Not bad at all. Whilst I have combination skin, this creamy rich foundation blended well and didn't make me feel like an oil slick. By no means is this mattifying though, so I definitely wouldn't use this in summer. But it's nice when I'm indoors or in cool weather for the day. Coverage-wise, this gives me a light coverage, but if I 'pat' it on with a finger on blemishes or yucky areas I want to concealer, it builds up to a medium coverage and covers up what I want. It's a beautiful foundation and those with normal to dry skins would absolutely love it.

continued >>

I have rosacea, and like the Bobbi Brown face powder, so I thought I'd try one of her foundations.

Big mistake! The sunscreen in here is a chemical one, (which stings my face like crazy), and there is just way too much oil for my combination skin. (It was winter, and I thought I could use a little oil).

This stuff is probably great for dry skin not sensitive to chemical sunscreens, but the sunscreen here is not broad spectrum, so you'd need to use something else along with it. I do have to say the color (Porcelain) is great for the very pale.

I have normal to dry skin and this liquid foundation does give me non-drying sheer finish. The color looks perfect on my skin. And the dispency design is so clean and convience. I have heard that Laura Mercier is better which I don't really agree. LM has better coverage and I like sheer with buildable coverage. I like this foundation though it is quite expensive but I won't say this is my perfect foundation since I always look for something better.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Nordstroms just loves to take my money don't they? But I'm glad to hand it over since this foundation is worth it! First, my skin is dry! dry! dry! And this moisture rich foundation goes on so smoothly and moisturely, if there is such a word. This foundation kept my face feeling very soft and smooth all day, esp. my cheeks, but under my eyes and my chin, you can clearly see by the end of the day that the foundation dried out a bit and looked cakey and this foundation is sheerer than I expected but it's buildable. What I found so odd is that I've always thought I was a sand colored girl, but the MA said that Warm Ivory was my perfect match and she was right, this ivory color isn't pale and pinky, ghostly white but rather a pale sandy beige color, perfect for my skin. And it comes with a handy pump dispenser that you replace with the screw on cap.

*****UPDATE*****

I really am starting to HATE this foundation. This is the perfect color match for me but the overall performance compared to other foundations is relatively poor, esp. for the price ($38). This foundation dries cakey no matter what, settles into my fairly fine smile lines and fine lines under my eyes and lacks staying power. By the end of the day, I really wind up looking a mess...................

while I loved how this product applied and felt on my skin, and looked, after an hour my t-zone was shiny, after two hours it turned orange, and after a few hours some of it disappeared and some remained..giving me an odd appearance....nice texture..but it did not stay:(

I'm always on the hunt for moisturizing foundations and decided to try this one after my BB salesperson convinced me that it was really great stuff. Well, it's okay, but not GREAT imo. I prefer my LM Moisturizing foundation to this because it covers better and is less greasy. This glides on well, does moisturize, but doesn't give me the polished finish that LM's does and it doesn't hold up well through the day. I also find that the color becomes too dark on me by mid-afternoon after mixing with the sebum in my skin (maybe I need to try a shade lighter.) I'll stick with LM for now.

The positives are that it is an almost perfect match (porcelain) for my hard to match fair skin, it doesn't accentuate my dry areas, and is good at hiding the pinkness on my cheeks. This foundation is buildable so it can be worn at your preferred level of coverage.

Some negatives: it tends to disappear during the day and settle in my pores, and the glass bottle prevents me carrying it around for quick touch ups. On non-dry places, like my chin, it can be too greasy. But I can find a good powder to fix two of those problems, so it is for now my favourite foundation.

Edit: I am taking one point off because in Winter this did show up some more of my dry patches.

This is my favorite foundation so far. It gives good medium coverage, but you can make it sheer or full coverage depending on how you apply it. Moisturizes without clogging up skin.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this foundation! It's definitely for drier skin types and I'd say it gives sheer to medium coverage, depending on how much you layer it. Definitely "dewy" unless you add powder and I can't say it's weightless, but it's pretty darn close. Love the hydrating feeling and it just evens out my skin so well.