Yogurt Mask

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Yoghurt (especially Turkish, Balkan, Greek )

on 3/5/2010 1:25:00 PM

This stuff is the bomb! I tried it with Greek yogurt after reading all the reviews here. It works great and is just the right consistency to stick to your face without sliding off everywhere! It leaves my face feeling super smooth and soft. I really like that I can put it ALL over my face including the dry areas right under my eyes without fear of irritation or blindness!!! I have used this frequently and left it on for up to an hour without irritation or break outs! Only down side is the smell which is truly nasty but does not linger once I wash it off. Definately recommend and the price cannot be beaten!

on 2/28/2010 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

The first time I used this mask I scared my mom xD. It makes your skin smooth AND makes for great entertainment, haha! I've tried the non fat and full fat, and surprisingly, the non fat irritated my skin less, and the full fat didn't seem to be any more moisturizing. In fact, the full fat kind irritates my skin if I leave it on for longer than 10 minutes. Go figure. I guess it just depends on the quality of the brand and what works for you.

I've been using this mask every three days for a month now. I put the yogurt on after I've washed and dried my face, leave it on for 5-10 minutes, then moisturize. It makes my skin soft and I've been getting less acne. It's a winner if you ask me.

edited to add-don't use the little oikos containers with the blue tops. or if you do, don't let the yogurt dry completely-you then have to scrape it off and it hurts and makes your skin all red/inflamed. lesson learned-i will stick to fage yogurt.

i use the 2% greek yogurt for this mask, and i have to say i'm super impressed. it feels so wonderful-really nice and cool, which i imagine would be nice for chapped or sunburned skin-and it definitely made my skin softer. my skin is pale, dry and very clear, and i got the prettiest glow-almost like i was wearing blush. will definitely do this again-plus, you can eat the rest of the yogurt, so it's like having lunch and getting prettier at the same time. who can beat that??

on 2/8/2010 10:49:00 PM

My mom and I did this mask! It was so cooling and wonderful! Put the left-over yogurt on one hand to compare the results- the hand with the mask was lighter and smoother than ever.
I have tan-olive skin (pacific islander) but get really painful blemishes that get really red. After the mask, my face was clearer, more even-toned, and glowy. love it! We used trader joe's 2% greek yogurt, both really enjoyed this.

on 2/3/2010 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I cant believe i didn't try this sooner.
I have acne prone skin with tons of acne hyper pigment.
i'm on BC for my acne and my body is still adjusting so i break out around my cycle every month...which makes it so hard for my skin to get even-toned.
I love yogurt, eat everyday for the last 2 years. it has helped alot for my digestive system. who knew it can do so much for the skin?

i brought a tube of DANNON plain yogurt. not nonfat or lowfat i heard those dont work as well.
added a teaspoon of lemon juice and a nice helping of honey. mixed it up and apply it to my skin.
I left it on for 45 mins and as it dried it felt so nice....felt like my skin was getting a fresh minty breeze blown at it. then when i went to wash it off the yogurt had dried almost completely transparent on my skin.
now as i was washing it off my skin felt so very smooth and plump. it was....amazing. =D
i usually dont write reviews for products. but this is both cheap and amazing. so i had to share.

--------------------UPDATE REVIEW--------
The last review I wrote was years ago, but I stand by my 5 star rating for this amazing cheap diy mask. This is the only mask I've used consistently throughout these years. I've now switched to plain full fat GREEK yogurt, which is even easier to apply because its so thick.
I love this stuff! I apply this mask 2-4 times a week.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I just used this for the first time tonight after hearing rave reviews on it. Since it was only the first time, nothing spectacular happened. However, it does look promising. My skin looks a little smoother and my pores do appear to have shrunk a bit. Plus with others saying that it took them consistent use, and it's paid off to them having great skin, I'll keep using this daily and update regularly!

2/4/10 - Today, one day after I did this mask for just the first time, my skin looked nicer. It looked somewhat smoother and more even-toned. A few pimples that I had on my face have also gone down significantly.

4/8/10 - I've been using this consistently for the past two months now, with the exception of a few days here and there, and this seems to work pretty well for me. I don't really break out much any more, and when I do they heal pretty quickly. My skin also is more even-toned, which is nice.

on 1/28/2010 3:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I used this once but stopped right away when I noticed that it dried out my skin after I washed it off. I don't really have acne right now b/c I am on benzoyl peroxide and aha and I am clear but just thought that the yogurt could brighten or moisturize but nope, just dried my skin, which I really don't need b/c the bp already dries out my skin.

on 1/27/2010 6:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

The Asprin mask is great, but I have to say, not something I can personally do more than once a week and often less. I find, while at the right times the asrin mask is super, but man others, it's too harsh. So, I go for the yogurt mask. Ive experimented with many all natural homemade skin treatments, i am a big fan of VCO and Brown sugar as a body scrub...why buy something full of chemicals and plastic beads? I like to use the papaya pulp after I make juice as an enzyme mask and add it to a TBS of plain yogurt, but not all the time.
The yogurt mask does an excellent job at evening out my skin tone and getting rid of those dark little marks from break outs. Those marks tend to last on me as my skin is olive.
I recently discovered that yogurt masks are great for dehydrated, peeling skin. Amazing.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool

22/01/2010: I stumbled across this today while on MUA and I thought I would give it okay due to all the wonderful reviews.
I tried the thick and creamy greek style yoghurt and slathered it on my face and sat around for about half a hour.
To be honest I was alittle disapointed after I washed it off! I was abit more red in areas on my face and my blemish marks seemed alittle more noticable. I'm defiantly the minority here!
However I am going to try it again because the reviews are THAT great, so next time I might leave it on for alittle less time or possiably try another brand of yoghurt?
I will update...Hopefully these ratings on here will change!

on 1/12/2010 8:47:00 PM

LOVE it. Everything all the other reviewers said, calms down redness, smooth soft and hydrated skin that looks AWESOME after one try. I can't wait till I'm on #10 yogurt mask. My skin will be perfect!:)

Popular Masks