October 20, 2014 | 1951 users online

Masks - Yogurt Mask

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2009 6:39:00 AM More reviews by VanityInsanity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really can't tell you what this does for my skin other than just making it look lovely and keeping my fair skin fair (and not burned from the sun.)
It's great and will contiunue to use, also notice it makes my skin very soft.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2009 5:08:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wish that I tried this sooner. It is super cheap to buy, it's very versatile, and it leaves my sensitive but oily skin calm and glowing. I used it by itself with no irritation. It did however leave a slight scent on my face after rinsing off, but I contribute that to simply not rinsing it away properly. My hormonal breakouts seemed to be reduced and were less red. I think I will remove it with a homemade green tea toner and see how it does. I definitely recommend giving this a shot if you love face masks.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2009 12:27:00 AM More reviews by smartie26

whoa. I LOVE IT. This is the concoction I brewed up:

1/4 cup organic plain yogurt w/ probiotics
1/2 mushed up banana
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp organic green tea (the one from costco)
and.. I was going to add honey, but I totally forgot after mashing up my banana...so, next time!

I cleansed my face with my HG cleanser (Marcelle Aquarelle Purifying Gel Cleanser) and then steamed my face with my Conair facial steamer for 5 mins before applying the mask.

I left it on for 15 mins, then washed it off with a gentle microfibre.

The result:
My usually slightly red skin was totally calm and milky...My skin hardly ever "glows" like some woman say, but after this mask, it really did look "glowing". It was so incredibly hydrating since the second I applied it to my skin. It felt so soothing and calming and my skin looks and feels super hydrated.

I have 3/4 cup of yogurt left, and I'm going to do this mask on my hubby tomorrow night! This is going to be my new weekly mask... Not to mention it only cost me like... $1.00 for the yogurt, I had the green tea, honey, lemon, banana, and EVOO on hand.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2009 6:32:00 PM More reviews by pertiegurlie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I agree with every rave review. Yogurt masks rock..it is a truth like "kittens are cute" or "snails are slimy" (or "Afridi is awesome"). You can't argue with it.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2009 5:02:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It's cheap, and soothing/hydrating and relatively benign. No harm in this - mix up some plain yogurt with a bit of honey or all by itself. Appy for 10-15 minutes and rinse away.

Done!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2009 4:55:00 PM More reviews by MIAdelaine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have dry, acne prone skin and I love to do a mask of 10% Mediterranean yogurt when my skin dries out or gets flaky from acne treatments. The 10% yogurt is much thicker so you won't have to drain it, you can just smooth it right on. I pay about $5 a tub for the Liberty brand (this is Canadian) and use about a teaspoon to spread on my face. I leave it until it dries, wash off, moisturize and apply m/u as normal. My skin is calmed, less red, hydrated (thanks to the milk fat) and feels smooth. My makeup applies so much nicer than that. Another reviewer has pointed out that the lactic acid in milk is also a nice, gentle exfoliator as well. For the price, this is well worth trying.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2009 6:08:00 PM More reviews by k81950

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So, I'm writing this as I'm wearing my very first yogurt mask :) I have red skin, and its a little dry, i've been using the clearasil wash, but its making my skin all red. so i'm trying this hope it works :D

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2009 4:40:00 PM More reviews by sharmila001

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Alright, I was sucked into putting this mask on by my Mom. I must tell you that I have very dry skin and it worked miracles on my skin.
As I was applying to my face, I applied few drops to my scalp bec I have very dry itchy scalp. I must say that my scalp feels moisturized and feels so much better.
I will definitely use this product again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2009 4:25:00 PM More reviews by SharonWT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

So, I was skeptical about trying this out.
I tried it at first with just yogurt alone. My mom bought an organic fat-free plain yogurt, so I just used that one.
I just put it on my face as is. I didn't drain it. (I'll try that later, and update on that too.) It was awesome. It moisturizes just like the honey masks I've tried. I seriously don't know which one's better. I think honey will give you more of a glow, while yogurt makes my skin feel REALLY moisturized. I love them both.
Next, I tried yogurt plus lemon or lime, whichever one I could find. I was scared that it would irritate my skin. But it didn't! yay!
With the added lemon or lime, I feel like I have more of a glow + awesome moisturization. I also feel that it's been keeping breakouts at bay.
I love this.
I love this, and the asipirin mask, and the honey mask!. omg. What would I do without makeupalley. lol
This is also friggin awesome because you don't have to buy those friggin expensive masks. Crazy.
try it!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2009 9:23:00 PM More reviews by vesuvana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had v-beam laser/photo facial 2 wks ago and still have brown spots waiting to flake off and horrible bright red streaks and blotches all over my nose. So I thought using yogurt mask might ease redness, encourage flaking of dead skin. It feels very good and the redness is less on my nose afterwards. The brown spots are still there but I am going to use this for 15 min every day for a week to see if the lactic acid gently encourages the exfoliation I am waiting for. Will update if it helps a lot.