October 21, 2014 | 1809 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2010 9:35:00 AM More reviews by emmio10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is my HG highlighter! i love this so much on my medium/tan skin. This is a true candlelight glow, and is so beautiful along the cheekbones. It may look white in the pan, but when swatched it is a warm golden sheen. The powder is so finely milled and there are no chunks of glitter. I think this looks great everywhere; down the bridge of your nose, cheekbones, brow bones, and in the inner corners of your eyes for that bright-eye look, definitely multi-purpose. I don't think i'll be finishing it for a LONG time as you really don't need that much at all. I've had mine since last winter, and it still looks brand new.. considering i wear it most days since i've purchased it. The packaging sucks though, as with all the rest of NARS packaging.. as it picks up your fingerprints so easily so makes it looks dirty and i have to constantly wipe it down with baby wipes. Would've expected me as it is on the pricey side! but despite that, if i ever ran out.. i would repurchase in a heart beat.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2010 2:33:00 PM More reviews by elib067

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

PREFACE: I am cool toned about NW20 at the moment (I range from 15-30) but I prefer more neutral colored face products.

REVIEW: I love albatross. It has a nice golden sheen to it which can look more natural (on me) than a pink sheen ie benefit high beam. I love NARS packaging and the mirror really is nice because I end up using it a ton! If you love copacabana but the cream formula doesn't really work for you definitely give this a try. I don't really have oily skin...I would say more on the dry to combination side by the end of the day...but powders just work better for me and don't slide. The powder lasts a long time on the skin and actually matches well with many (maybe not all) NARS blushes.

STARS: I gave it 4 stars because it is nearly perfect. I think it is a bit on the pricey side so that knocked half a star off and the color knocked half a star off (total 4 stars). Although I said I loved the color I think if it was a little less golden it would have been more universally flattering which is what I am looking for in a product (meaning it would match all of my makeup). Overall still absolutely lovely product and I highly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2010 2:25:00 PM More reviews by janetgrace

Albatross is unusual because it gives a warm glow, not cool and silvery. I personally love it and use it where I want to catch the light upon my face. Light application is the way to go and I love it for a sheer eye wash or over all eye shadow to give an unusual blending effect, brightening the eye.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2010 2:26:00 PM More reviews by partymartyw

Albatross is a shimmery golden white highlighter. It works well on my NC20 skin to highlight and on the inner corners of my eyes for a bright eyed look.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2010 2:49:00 AM More reviews by ImaJedi

This is my absolute favorite highlight... ever. It's amazing. The gold shimmer works great w/ my NC30 skin. I have VERY oily skin so I use matte formulas for everything, but this helps give my skin get a gorgeous glow. This is perfect. <3

BUT I will not be buying this again because I found an exact dupe for $3 - ELF Studio Blush in Gotta Glow. :]

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2010 10:05:00 PM More reviews by pinkolive2010

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is such a great higher color to contour the cheek, the top of the nose, and the brow bone. I have not really use anything else since i discover the usage for the shade. Its a nice bright tone that just wake up your look right away and make you look great and awake. I just love it and that is all that i can say about NARS highlighter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2010 1:09:00 AM More reviews by TakenByHim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This basically looks white shimmer in the pan but on my NC40-42 skin, it is gorgeous. It is finely milled and not too shimmery or glittery. It has a slight golden sheen to it that compliments my skintone. The only way you can go wrong with this is if you apply too much. I normally use a stippling/skunk brush and dab a tiny amount directly on my cheeks. I have a round face and this automatically gives me some cheekbones without having to contour my cheeks. I feel this is better than MAC Vanilla pigment (many people compare these two to each other) because it's easier to apply (no loose powder mess everywhere) and it goes on a lot smoother. Vanilla pigment can look slightly too shimmery especially in natural lighting. I would definitely rebuy this again. It is a must have...it should last you a long time as well. I find that it is really hard to make a dent in NARS blushes even with a lot of use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2010 9:39:00 PM More reviews by nadeen4ever

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is a gorgeous golden sheen on my skin....really subtle and a little goes a long way ...luv it and will buy again if i ever run out ...i was surprised to find it avilable in saudi arabia where i live.

edit : this a really beautiful subtle golden sheen ...but on my nc 40 / 42 skin ...it just doesn't look like a natural real glow i was looking for when i bought it.... but i tried it on my 4 years nc 25 skin daughter ..oh boy it looks gorgeous on her ... it was a 100% real stunning glow ...so if you are nc 25 ....you are lucky with that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2010 6:04:00 PM More reviews by SuzyCutie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been on the hunt for a highlighter with gold undertones for some time; I used my MAC Lightscapade to the very last and have not found a suitable replacement.I think I have now.
NARS and its product names-I was drawn to this firstly for the name.Rime of the Ancient Mariner is one of my favorite poems,and I am a huge Monty Python fan (referencing Live at the Hollywood Bowl). So my geekiness aside,it is highly pigmented,not overly shiny,and works with my skin tones (I'm fair,warm,freckled.)I generally use it on the cheekbones over my regular blush (my favorite is Zen).I think it will last a long time,and it better considering the price! I have been lemming this for some time (over a year,I think) and finally picked it up; it's a great non glittery alternative for a little extra emphasis.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2010 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Bella08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

By far one of my favorite gold highlighters, adds a great glow and goes with any color blush.