October 31, 2014 | 1161 users online

Mascara - E.L.F. - Essential Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2010 11:37:00 AM More reviews by Jazzybear89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great product! And it's of course only $1! I had some Revlon eyebrow gel before I think and this works way better! Sets my brows all day and doesn't flake at all. Haven't tried it on my eyelashes so i think I will use both ends for my brows. Will absolutely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2010 2:32:00 PM More reviews by therealiluvbmx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great price! Love the product but it gets dirty very quickly, well, all do... I would totally recommend this!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2010 2:38:00 PM More reviews by lgbnaf

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Neither product has any lasting effect. Kinda pointless to waste time carefully applying. Thought I would at least repurpose the applicator but trashed it after never using it again. This is my first real disappointment with E.L.F. though, at least it was cheap. (I really haven't used their cosmetics that much though, mostly I have been interested in their brushes, which I am currently(lol) loving.)
Gloss lash would need to be reapplied too often during the day.
Brow doesn't hold brow hairs and can look super flakey if over-applied.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2010 6:19:00 PM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm glad this seems to work so well for others, but dissapointed that it doesnt work for me. The gel doesnt really do anything (good or bad) for my eyebrows.. same with for eyelashes. Kind of useless. At least it was a dollar..

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2010 2:27:00 AM More reviews by remcakes

Love the brow side, it lasts all day!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2010 5:03:00 PM More reviews by Makeupjunkie456

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Brought this a week or so ago, Im very happy with it. I use the eyebrow gel everyday and there is no dent in the tube so I feel it will last a long time. It tames and keeps my brows in place and once it dries I dont even feel like its on my face. As for the mascara its okay but doesnt really work for me as my lashes are too light and I really need some colour on them. (if only I was blessed with black lashes!) Also unlike mascara it didnt really help hold my curl, but as an eyebrow gel this gets a thumbs up from me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2010 2:36:00 PM More reviews by pillblast

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I actually like both sides of this mascara. The eyebrow part keeps my brows in place all day, and the eyelash part is just perfect for days when I am going for a natural look, or for mornings when I'm in a hurry and I don't want to mess around with a black mascara but still want some support for the curl.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2010 5:47:00 PM More reviews by yjoyce

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Unlike 80% (fake statistic) of the reviewers here, I actually used both sides.
CLEAR MASCARA (4.5/5)
Pros:
- Holds curl
- Lengthens
- Makes my short, straight, nonexistent Asian lashes visible!!
- Super natural
Cons:
- It takes a few strokes to effectively separate lashes.
- Longevity is only okay. You need to reapply every few hours.
Since my Asian lashes are already black, colored mascara is redundant and I only need the lengthen/holds curl part of mascara. Black mascara also looks fake next to my natural black hair. Plus, now when I open my small eyes I can actually see my eyelashes. Which is pretty cool and unusual to me.
BROW GEL (5/5)
Pros:
- Tames effectively
- Reapplying is unnecessary
- Lightly removes whatever I used to color in my brows, and seals the rest in.
Cons:
- Not really related to the product, but I can't find this in stores anymore! It's not discontinued, but I can only buy it online, which I really don't like doing.
Some people complained about getting white flakes but that didn't happen with me, or if it did, it was so subtle I can't tell. Alright, so I kinda don't have eyebrows. Well, I do, but they're really sparse and they grow all over the place. Even after meticulous shaping, they're still unpresentable. So first, I color my brows in. Then I use this to keep the eyebrow hairs in place. It also removes some of the eyebrow color. It removes the color in just the right spaces so it looks like I put in thin, fine strokes of color instead of chalking it on, which is perfect!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2010 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Justicet2009

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this product for setting my brows. Very cheap and works great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2010 2:22:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great Product & Great Value. I use this mascara on my eyebrows only and this is so much better than Maybelline Clear Mascara. The size of the brush fits my eyebrows and does not distribute too much product. The gel holds my eyebrows in tact all day. I will buy this product again...