E.L.F. Essential Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua(Water), PVP, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Polyacrylic Acid, PEG-8, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I had high hopes for this product, and it didn't disappoint! I thought it would be really hard when it dried on the brows but I was wrong. It tames your brows nicely without hardening up like hair gel. This is my first tube of clear mascara. I usually use black mascara but I hate it when it smudges when my lashes get the tiniest bit wet. I also dislike using waterproof mascara as it takes quite a while to remove. This lash+brow mascara is really wonderful. It's cheap and it does its job real well!

on 6/9/2010 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm someone who HATES wearing mascara. It wasn't until recently that I decided that wearing clear mascara would be a good way to hold a lash curl without having to worry about smudges, so I bought this on the ELF website. Super cheap. $1.00. LOVE E.L.F and their crazy cheap prices.

I also bought their mechanical eyelash curler (my first eyelash curler LOL) to use with this.

I really love the clear mascara. It doesn't feel goopy or sticky and it doesn't make my lashes stiff. I don't like wearing that much eye makeup, but I really do notice more length after I apply this. I was just looking for something to hold the curl without having to resort to regular black mascara. It does hold the curl quite nicely throughout the day, but I was also surprised to see that it actually lengthened my lashes. Not something I'd expect from a CLEAR mascara.

I think everyone needs to own a clear mascara. They're great for the beach, or theme park outings, when you want nice lashes but don't want to worry about racoon eyes.

The brow gel is just as good. Tames unruly hairs nicely. Doesn't make them hard or super shiny.

HIGHLY recommended. For a measly $1.00, it is worth a try.

This is a decent clear 'mascara'. There is one end for eyebrows and one end for lashes. I used both ends for my eyebrows as they're exactly the same except for the brush shape. This stuff does a good job at setting my eyebrows and with a comb through while still wet... looks pretty natural.

This is the ONLY elf product I have ever liked. Will rebuy.

this is a good product if applied with a light hand. the first time i used it, it looked like a set my brows with hair gel! there were chunks stuck together! no smell, clear color and lightweight. be careful when you get to the end of the product as it might clump up. chunks of gel in your brows is not pretty ladies!!! great buy for one dollar though!

on 5/29/2010 7:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This came in an ELF makeup set I purchased at ROSS. I love ELF, I use a lot of their products on a day to day basis. I was planning on using this product just to set my eyebrows. I figure both sides are basically the same so I started to use the brow side first for my brows and man was it painful, the brush is really rough on my skin beneath my brows. So I decided to try the eyelash side and same thing. The wand bristles are really stiff and rough on my brows. I'll stick to my LA Colors clear mascara to set my brows.

on 5/23/2010 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I only use this on my lashes.

Unlike other clear mascara's I've tried, the formula for this is rather waxy/sticky, so it actually holds my curl instead of weighing my lashes down.

The formula for both sides are the same, the only difference is the brush. Which means, if you only use it for one purpose (lashes or brows), you can just untwist both sides and switch out the tubes.

The only thing I hate about this is that I can never find it locally, and the one time I was able to get it was when I picked it up at a dollar store on vacation. Oh, and I finished this in about a month or two. The amount of product you get is very minimal.

Note to self: stock up like crazy the next time you see this.

on 5/22/2010 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I was looking for something like the brow end of this and I'm glad I found this one because it was dirt cheap, and the wand/tube is such that not too much comes out (an issue I've had with others); it's just the right amount of product to set my eyebrows.

on 5/13/2010 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love this product. It really combs out the brows and can help give the illusion of fuller, thicker brows if that's what you want. I won't use this on my lashes unless I need to get rid of clumps of mascara but if I run out of the brow side, the ingredients are exactly the same for the lash side, so I can just use that afterwards. It does hold the brows in place, it's not a super strong gel or anything, but it works. I will definitely be buying more.

on 5/10/2010 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

It's cheap and does what its suppose to do :D

on 5/7/2010 8:06:00 AM

this wasn't really my fave. product from elf but i use this before i curl my lashes. (i let it dry before i curl! which is really effective btw, especially for people with short asian eyelashes like mine. then you apply black mascara after. :D) but yeah. i don't really use the gloss for the eyebrows. (i think it's gross.) but i the clear one is an okay product for setting my eyelashes. (lol, did that even make sense?) :)