July 28, 2014 | 2043 users online

Mascara - E.L.F. - Essential Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2010 5:47:00 PM More reviews by yjoyce

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Unlike 80% (fake statistic) of the reviewers here, I actually used both sides.
CLEAR MASCARA (4.5/5)
Pros:
- Holds curl
- Lengthens
- Makes my short, straight, nonexistent Asian lashes visible!!
- Super natural
Cons:
- It takes a few strokes to effectively separate lashes.
- Longevity is only okay. You need to reapply every few hours.
Since my Asian lashes are already black, colored mascara is redundant and I only need the lengthen/holds curl part of mascara. Black mascara also looks fake next to my natural black hair. Plus, now when I open my small eyes I can actually see my eyelashes. Which is pretty cool and unusual to me.
BROW GEL (5/5)
Pros:
- Tames effectively
- Reapplying is unnecessary
- Lightly removes whatever I used to color in my brows, and seals the rest in.
Cons:
- Not really related to the product, but I can't find this in stores anymore! It's not discontinued, but I can only buy it online, which I really don't like doing.
Some people complained about getting white flakes but that didn't happen with me, or if it did, it was so subtle I can't tell. Alright, so I kinda don't have eyebrows. Well, I do, but they're really sparse and they grow all over the place. Even after meticulous shaping, they're still unpresentable. So first, I color my brows in. Then I use this to keep the eyebrow hairs in place. It also removes some of the eyebrow color. It removes the color in just the right spaces so it looks like I put in thin, fine strokes of color instead of chalking it on, which is perfect!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2010 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Justicet2009

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this product for setting my brows. Very cheap and works great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2010 2:22:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great Product & Great Value. I use this mascara on my eyebrows only and this is so much better than Maybelline Clear Mascara. The size of the brush fits my eyebrows and does not distribute too much product. The gel holds my eyebrows in tact all day. I will buy this product again...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2010 9:10:00 PM More reviews by leoisillon

I *really* wanted to love this product. I mean the price was amazing ($1.00), it has two sides, the brush is great, BUT after using this for about two weeks I noticed that my eyebrows started to accumlate white flakes throughout the day! It took me a whille to connect it to this product. Even when I used a small amount, I still got the flakes. Had to trash the product, but washed and kept the nice brushes. Oh well, back to my Maybelleline.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2010 7:10:00 PM More reviews by clarklovesyou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Better than any other brow gel I've ever used! I use both ends for my brows and I LOVE it. I have long, unruly hairs and this keeps them in line better than any other product I've tried. I wish the tube was larger, but for $1 I'll just buy more!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2010 2:36:00 PM More reviews by desouterj

What a great find!!! This product is not only super inexpensive, but it works better than any of the higher priced products I have tried over the years. No other similar product's applicator has covered my brows in one stroke. Other products treat this like it is a clear mascara, or SHOULD work on brows, but the mascara applicators just don't do the trick correctly - E.L.F. addressed this beautifully. And all for just $1.00.

PROS:
- really inexpensive, but good quality
- incredible brow applicator wand - does the job in one stroke
- one "dip" and enough product is dispensed to cover your brow

CONS:
- ABSOLUTELY NONE!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2010 8:42:00 PM More reviews by ak0703

You can't beat the price on this product! I use this to control my eyebrows and it holds them in place all day. Definitely would repurchase...it's only $1

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2010 1:58:00 PM More reviews by blacklondon

This is cheap and it works. I highly recommend this to everyone. For the price, it's worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2010 12:20:00 AM More reviews by hermommy09

i would buy this a million more times. my eyebrows have always had a mind of their own and they always get out of place. this product locks them in place and you dont feel or see the product at all. i havent actually used this on my lashes..and im not sure what its for..but ill just use both sides on my brows for now. its only a dollar..what do you have to loose?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2010 2:43:00 AM More reviews by starbuck65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was surprised by the negative reviews on this product, well, sort of. There are so many mega-holding products out there now, if you're used to that, this may seem a bit weak in comparison. I like it, it works great for me, possibly because my brows are not full. I don't know why but as I get older my brows get a bit squirrel-y looking, growing in odd directions, it's crazy looking! I bought this just to use on my brows and I'm not sure why it holds better than a wax on me but it does.I love wax, particularly Revlon ColorStay pencils for color but it just doesn't get my brows going in the right direction. This clear gel does, which is odd as it is a very light hold, it doesn't feel stiff or sticky at all but it does put my brows back where they're supposed to be and they stay that way. Like every other product out there, it may not work for everyone, but it's a buck, worth a try in my opinion. I'll continue to buy.