December 22, 2014 | 1763 users online

Styling Products - Garnier - FRUCTIS Sleek and Shine - Leave-in Conditioning Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2008 4:42:00 AM More reviews by autumndusk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was too thick and heavy on my hair. Which is saying something for my curly, frizzy, shoulder length, thick hair. It left my curls clumped, disgusting and yuck. Not cool, Garnier.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2007 2:51:00 PM More reviews by gswitch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this after I started highlighting and flat ironing my hair. My hair was starting to feel like straw. It wans't very expensive and I thought it'd be worth a shot. I initially used it on a daily basis and then tapered down to maybe once a week or once every other week. It left my hair feeling oily and "heavy". My hair looked limp. I think it's a good coniditioner, but I wouldn't recommend using it on a daily basis. I'm only going to use it until the bottle runs out and and I won't be buying it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2007 1:42:00 AM More reviews by xtccloud9xtc

My coworker swore this worked wonders for her hair, so I gave it a try. This worked somewhat to make my damaged colored hair softer, but over time, I noticed my hair started to feel a bit heavy and greasy. I found something else that works much better. My salon uses it- L'Oreal Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture Nurturing Creme. You can find it at a Sally's Beauty Supply Store.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2007 8:55:00 PM More reviews by SherryL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Smells great and feels hydrating upon application, but I wasn't crazy about how my hair felt afterwards. It didn't 'look' weighed down, but it 'felt' it. I guess in all, it just left a residue that I didn't particularly care for. It DID seem to help my naturally curly hair stay smooth in south Florida humidity, so it appears that it lives up to its namesake. However, I don't think I will repurchase. I really want something that's humidity resistant AND leaves my hair feeling nice.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2007 10:26:00 PM More reviews by jenlex

I thought this cream was alright but somehow it kinda made my hair greasy-ish? eerrmm i do apply it to dry hair in the morning and then straighten it with a flat iron not sure if i am supposed to apply to damp hair only? are we?

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2007 6:04:00 PM More reviews by AngelMine85

I like this product. I use it on dry hair prior to using my flat iron every morning and I find it seems to keep my hair from drying out. Then again, it could just be the combination of products I use and not this one in particular, but...I really enjoy the smell and while my hair isn't usually "frizzy" I do suffer from stubborn fly-aways and this does seems to help tame them. Overall, not an HG product but for the price and the decent results I get, I'll probably purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2007 7:38:00 PM More reviews by gnippy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is now my HG conditioner. It is thick & creamy w/a nice scent. It really helps tame my frizzy hair leaving it straighter & smoother. Despite the fact that it is a leave in, it doesn't leave my hair feeling heavy or oily. It also seems to add some thickness and body to my thin hair. The scent is nice, but not over the top. A little goes a long way so don't overdo it on the application. Given the fact that you need very little product, the price is extremely reasonable. I paid $2.96 for a 10.2 oz. bottle. I really like the fact that this has a squeeze top so it allows you to control the amount of product dispensed. I will defintely be using this on a regular basis and will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2007 5:01:00 AM More reviews by StarCrossed

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

GRRR! I cannot believe this! When I say "leave-in conditioner", the product says, "A piece of sh*t for you!" Cannot believe this- It only works if I apply the product with some water with it. Had to put on ALOT to calm down my frizzy mess I call my hair. The scent is very nice, I'll have to admit. Will not buy again. >=(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2007 12:13:00 PM More reviews by curlylaura

I'm not too sure how I feel about this cream. It seems to work differently depending on what shampoo and conditioner I've used and the weather. On days my hair's liking it, it's works really well, on the other days my hair's a tangled dried out mess. Too much makes my hair sticky and not enough makes it fluffy, a difficult balancing act.

EDIT: I've changed my mind, I don't really like this. It made my hair fluffy and frizzy. I won't be buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2007 4:13:00 AM More reviews by SVartabedian

For the price this is the best leave-in for those with THICK/coarse hair that tends to be dry. I use a quarter amount with some serum and love the results. I think people who have fine-normal will not like this. It's very rich and smells great :)