February 28, 2015 | 1707 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2007 8:47:00 AM More reviews by JClarke

I think the name of this product is a bit of a misnomer. It's not really a gel, more of a creamy cake eyeliner. It is quite easy to apply and is reasonably long-wearing. My main problem with this however is that it dries out so quickly. By the time you've had the pot for a couple of weeks the content starts to dry out quite rapidly, until eventually it's so dry it's quite unusable and it has to be thrown away. I'm not leaving the pot lid off so maybe it's just that I don't use it as often as other reviewers. But for that reason, it would be a waste of money to re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2007 1:46:00 AM More reviews by niseixtenshi

Way better than MAC's Blacktrack! This stuff stays put and doesn't irritate my eyes like blacktrack does. Can't wait to get more colors!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2007 3:54:00 PM More reviews by shyviolet

My new HG eyeliner. Eyeliner is really the only thing that I wear every day, and I have tried them all. Pencils usually smudge on me, liquids are really hard to put on, and I am surprised that it took this long for me to try a gel. Given the workable texture of a gel, I thought for sure that it would smudge and not stay put.

This stuff goes on almost as easy as a pencil - much easier than a liquid. After you apply it, there is a short period of time where you can smudge it a bit, but after that it is there all day until you take it off.

This is by far the best liner I have ever used. The color is a rich, true black. Also, it does not irritate my eyes at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2007 10:58:00 PM More reviews by jmcoco

I thought it couldn't get any better than MAC gel liners until I tried this one. I'm i love! This eyeliner goes on super black and stays all day, even in the high humidity I live in. It's super easy to apply and has a better consistancy than MAC. I just apply and set with a loose powder or eyeshadow and I'm set for the day...and night.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2007 10:46:00 PM More reviews by blackeyedgirl

I love this liner. It goes on very smoothly and doesn't wear off. Use it with a MAC 266 slanted liner brush for best results.
Edit: I actually prefer using my 209 brush with this as it gives a thinner line and is just as easy to control.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2007 3:30:00 AM More reviews by asabo

This was my very first gel liner and I liked it...it was easy to apply and converted me to gel liners! But now I've moved on to the MAC Fluidline because the BB one dried out and started flaking after a while. Also, the MAC one is cheaper, and stays on better. I found however that the blackness of the BB gel to be darker.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2007 9:25:00 AM More reviews by NOREEN_CHAN

Iím totally in love with this eyeliner. Itís so light and easy to apply, goes on really smooth and creamy. You donít even feel it on your eyelid when applying. It dries in about 5 seconds. I bought the ultra fine eyeliner brush to apply it and itís fabulous. The correct brush makes the application so much easier and minimizes mistakes. Iím going back to try the other colours for sure. Black ink is a nice jet black colour and stays true throughout the day and doesnít smudge or budge. You hardly use any in one application, the jar will definitely last a very long time.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2007 12:20:00 AM More reviews by tomje

I do like how this eyeliner stays in place throughout any activity (even swimming!), but, no matter how thin a line I draw, it still looks to harsh on my fair skin. The only time that I can ever wear it is when I'm doing a serious smoky eye for night. For the very fair-skinned, I don't think that this is a good everyday eyeliner color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2007 6:09:00 AM More reviews by elfelettem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

What can I say about this. Its a true black, easy to use, stays perfectly where its put. I don't think this is any better than MAC's blacktrack gel liner but its certainly just as good

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2007 3:25:00 PM More reviews by lizbear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeliner! It is definately my HG.Love the way it stays put all day and goes on so smoothly.I've been using it a few months now and I haven't touched my Mac fluidline since using this.For some reason the Mac dried out even though I always kept the lid on.The BB is so much better in my opinion.I just can't wait to try more colors!