July 28, 2014 | 1984 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2007 12:20:00 AM More reviews by tomje

I do like how this eyeliner stays in place throughout any activity (even swimming!), but, no matter how thin a line I draw, it still looks to harsh on my fair skin. The only time that I can ever wear it is when I'm doing a serious smoky eye for night. For the very fair-skinned, I don't think that this is a good everyday eyeliner color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2007 6:09:00 AM More reviews by elfelettem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

What can I say about this. Its a true black, easy to use, stays perfectly where its put. I don't think this is any better than MAC's blacktrack gel liner but its certainly just as good

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2007 3:25:00 PM More reviews by lizbear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeliner! It is definately my HG.Love the way it stays put all day and goes on so smoothly.I've been using it a few months now and I haven't touched my Mac fluidline since using this.For some reason the Mac dried out even though I always kept the lid on.The BB is so much better in my opinion.I just can't wait to try more colors!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2007 5:49:00 PM More reviews by avantgardelovers

so i bought this in hopes of finding my hg eyeliner! i've been wearing eyeliner since forever but have had a hard time finding THE perfect one. so after read the rave reviews i knew i had to buy it!

when i first bought this i thought wtf. i couldnt get it to look natural

but after 2 days ive perfected my technique and it looks amazing and im in loveeeeee.
stays on forever looks great feels great doesnt irritate your eyes and is loveeellyyyy.

buy the mac 266 brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2007 6:44:00 PM More reviews by slok87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So I thought Stila Smudgepots were just sooooo wonderful; then I got this stuff. I've had my little pot of Bobbi Brown Black Ink Gel Eyeliner for about a year now; it is maybe one third gone and is still as smooth and creamy as it was when I first opened it. My Stila Smudgepot is starting to dry out and no longer spreads smoothly over my lid; Bobbi Brown does. This is great for pushing into the lash line, but typically I like to spread is up a good portion of my lid and smudge it. Because this doesn't budge and stays in place all day, it works better for me than eyeshadow does to do a smoky eye (eyeshadow tends to smear and migrate on my lower eyelids, which are usually a little oily). Unlike liquid liner, this doesn't flake off. Unlike pencil liner, this doesn't smudge or fade. kisseskisees to you Bobbi Brown.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2007 5:28:00 AM More reviews by TigiStylist

Don't you just love Bobbi? This is an HG liner!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2007 5:28:00 PM More reviews by lovelyPINKx

[edit]: I realized that maybe the liner isn't as bad as I thought. I realized that I think it's because my lids got a little oilier. You know oil takes anything off. I'm back to using MAC's fluidline, which to me is pretty similar to BB's gel eyeliner. In fact, they're probably the same lol. I've gotten both liners many times. The staying power is pretty good for the fact that my lids are kinda oily and it smudges off after a few hours. If you're looking for a REALLY waterproof, not gonna smudge liner, use MAC's liquidlast liner. Although... it's pretty jet black, like the liner look Gwen Stefani has most of the time. It does come off, but it doesn't smudge off, so that's what's good. I decided if it comes time, I'll repurchase this liner or MAC's, because to me, they're both pretty much the same and raised the rating. The gel liners give me the liner look I want. I tried buying a regular eyeliner kohl pencil and as I always have, I hate it lol.

Original, bit modified past review:
You know, it's quite disappointing and sad that I'd have to give this eyeliner such a low rating. The first time I ever bought this, which was a few years ago, it was the greatest eyeliner ever. HG all the way. I cried and everything and it wouldn't budge. However, I used this crappy eyeliner brush that got to the point where I couldn't use it anymore. Then later once I bought another eyeliner brush, but no eyeliner, I decided to buy MAC's Fluidline. MAC's was HORRIBLE! It smudged like crazy and didn't stay on. Then I decided to go back to what I thought was my wonderful BB gel eyeliner. For some reason, it just worked the same exact way that MAC's Fluidline eyeliner worked. It smudged and never stayed on. I was so disappointed. I don't know what's going on, but they must've changed the formula or something, because it doesn't work the way it used to anymore. I'm sad that I don't have the same HG eyeliner that I had before. I'm currently using it and ran some tests on it. I checked its waterproof and smudgeproof ability by smudging and putting water on it when I put some of it on my hand after waiting for it to dry. Smudged and ran off. I still can't believe it. I used to be so against pencil and liquid liner, but now I'm actually leaning towards getting a eyeliner pencil. It's just that disappointing. I don't recommend this eyeliner anymore and will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2007 3:01:00 AM More reviews by marieckim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet. It's just the best black eyeliner ever. Try it. Get a nice, firm brush-- like a lipbrush, not a tiny liquid liner brush. This eyeliner has terrific lasting power. And you can apply it very thin or very thick. I usually wear it thick and slightly smudgey. It's great.

For a really rock n roll look, I line my whole eye with this eyeliner and then I add kohl pencil inside the rim of the lower eyelid. It will last all night and into the next morning. (Oops, not that I would know because I've never stayed out all night, gone home with a guy, or gone to breakfast wearing the clothes from the night before.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2007 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Suki73

HG! I read the glowing reviews on this gel liner for so long before I finally caved, and now I am kicking myself for waiting so long. I have worn liquid eyeliner since the age of 15 and have tried just about all the high-end brands (Dior, Guerlain, Chanel... you name it.) I tend to wear more dramatic makeup for evenings and usually do a variation on the smokey eye (black is the norm but I also wear bronzes and plums, etc.) I use and love the BB gel liner in Sepia ink but didn't have much luck with Violet ink (not vibrant enough for me.) With liquid liner, I had to layer with pencil and shadow to get the desired effect and stay-power, and the whole process took too long. Now, using the Black ink, I just lay down a few rough strokes of the liner, and then, before it dries, I use my favorite smudge brush (Face Stockhom #11) to create the smokey effect. Getting good tools is important when using these liners, and while I have yet to try the BB ultra-fine liner brush, I have purchased Stila's #4 and this works great. (I tend to do thicker lines; this one probably wouldn't work as well for thin lines.) Voila! A great smokey eye without layering... easier, faster, and won't budge until I remove it. I have found that the gel liners can be a little messy for undereye use. The black ink, as with other shades, wears like iron, with no flaking or smudging once its set. This shade is a true, inky and dramatic black. I will never go back to liquid liner now that I have found the BB!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2007 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Evanescence_rox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this stuff, tiz AMAZE. As long as I have powder on my oily lids before applying this stuff, it stays on forever. Its nice to experiment with it and to try out different shapes and thicknesses. I use Benefit's get bent (I think its called) eyeliner brush and its bril! Great for building up to any shape I want. If I had to complain about anything, I would have 2 complaints. One of them is that I don't always get a very dary black and sharp look with this, I have to build up and be careful when applying. It also takes a bit of time gettin used to applying it, especially if like me, you are used to other types (pencil liner). It is hard to get both sides even, but thats the case with most eyeliners and just takes a bit of experimenting to get used to. I think the price is Fab as I don't see it finishing any time soon! :D