Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

4.2

on 1/6/2008 5:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I really like this gel liner. After trying every eyeliner I could, for years, I was searching for something that I wouldn't have to reapply during the day at work, or while out at night. This stuff lasts me all day without one touch up, doesn't smudge and stays really well on the inner rim when I wear it like that at night. It also doesn't give me panda eyes like a lot of liners can do. I use it with the Fine Liner Brush, and the only thing that annoys me about it is that you need to wash it after every single use or else the gel dries on it and it doesn't work as well. This is the only gel liner I've tried, but overall it is a lot better than a traditional pencil or liquid eyeliner.

on 1/5/2008 11:14:00 PM

These gels are the best! I have many & find the black and granite to never disappoint. They work well if you dip a small eyeliner brush into the gel & then work it out of the top. Won't be too thick or harsh. Doesn't run in the hottest weather & stays on through sports or a hard day at work. Highly recommend.

on 12/28/2007 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Forget the Stila Smudgepot, this is my HG product. It stays on my lower eyelid rim for about 6 hours before it starts to fade. Its easy smudge. The cost isnt bad since I got it in a kit with the Chocolate Shimmer Ink and the Black Ink, brush and the Everything mascara . For less than $40 I dont think it was that bad

on 12/16/2007 9:54:00 PM

This eyeliner is alright in my opinion. I would probably hate it if I actually had to pay for it but It was given to by a friend. It's kindof hard to apply and when I smudge it by accident it's hard to fix. When I don't mess up it's a realllly nice line and it stays for awhile! I think i'll stick to pencil eyeliners as they are easier for me to use!

on 12/14/2007 7:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Not only does the ink gel itself costs a BOMB, the eyeliner brush adds another hole to my pocket. I really don't get all the raves about this product. The brush gets out of shape after awhile, and sometimes the eyeliner smudges on my upper and lower eyelids. I have never had this upper eyelid smudging problem with other gel/liquid eyeliners. But it is indeed lasting. I'll give it that...otherwise....over-rated.

on 11/21/2007 10:34:00 PM

rich black, never smudge. i love this eyeliner!

on 11/18/2007 9:25:00 PM

This is the only eyeliner I've found that is truly waterproof. It really is pitch black. The cost is a little expensive for eyeliner but it does last a long time. Mine has dried out around the edges but there's still plenty, though I don't wear it on a daily basis because I prefer something quicker and more natural looking. It also takes a while to get used to applying this with a brush, especially if you're used to liquid and pencil liners.

on 11/3/2007 4:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is ok, but I ended up falling in love with Urban Decay 24/7 pencil liner in zero. I just find a pencil easier to apply and smudge. The gel was just too thick and unflattering a line on me, and I like the look a pencil liner gives me so much better. Otherwise this is pretty good, and stays on well

on 10/25/2007 8:47:00 AM

I think the name of this product is a bit of a misnomer. It's not really a gel, more of a creamy cake eyeliner. It is quite easy to apply and is reasonably long-wearing. My main problem with this however is that it dries out so quickly. By the time you've had the pot for a couple of weeks the content starts to dry out quite rapidly, until eventually it's so dry it's quite unusable and it has to be thrown away. I'm not leaving the pot lid off so maybe it's just that I don't use it as often as other reviewers. But for that reason, it would be a waste of money to re-purchase.

on 10/24/2007 1:46:00 AM

Way better than MAC's Blacktrack! This stuff stays put and doesn't irritate my eyes like blacktrack does. Can't wait to get more colors!