August 22, 2014 | 1187 users online

Masks - Aztec Secret - Indian Healing Clay

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 7:42:00 PM More reviews by ieatyourcake

I bought this product along with some Apple Cider Vinegar at my local Vitamin Shoppe, but it's also available at Whole Foods. It was $7.95 USD + tax. I've used it twice in the last week and it's been keeping my face pretty clear of acne and accelerates the healing process. It smells awful when mixed together, but I don't mind the smell of something as long as it works. I think it hurts when it dries on my face and I really don't like the pulsating. However, my face feels super clean and soft afterwards. I usually eyeball it so I'm not sure how many tablespoons I use. It bubbles up when mixed with the ACV and is a dark green color. I use a plastic spoon and mix it in a plastic container since it indicates that you should not use anything metal. I apply it with a flat foundation brush because I just don't like touching it. It gets quite messy so it's best to lay down some paper towels. Also, I like to shower right afterwards so it's easier to get all of it off. I haven't tried it on anything but my face because the packaging is intimidating. I feel like I'll get cancer from sniffing too much of it...but that's just me being paranoid, I suppose. I've never had a mask like this one and it's great if you don't mind having to mix it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2011 1:21:00 AM More reviews by kushiez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

this is a great product for those seeking treatment for the skin without heavy duty chemicals and other nasties. i find this mask to be wonderful for clogs, blackheads and whiteheads. it seems to almost suck the junk out of your pores, and it certainly feels like it is doing just that, as this sucker hurts when it dries and tightens up. i mix with acv and leave on until dry, about half and hour. my skin is red as all hell after for an hour or so, but my skin feels smooth as a babys butt when i wake up in the morning :) this stuff is a pain in the butt to mix together and clean the tools you used to mix it afterwards, but i suppose its a small price to pay. even my hyper-masculine SO loves it!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2011 1:08:00 AM More reviews by LovelyRiri

So I've been using this product for about 2 months. It works great on blackheads!! They literally clear up my blackheads overnight. I spot treat them with just a dab overnight.But for acne not so much...just a minimal difference for me. I've tried this brand, but I also tried another brand which was much superior to this aztec one. Its also great as a mask...really cleanses the face.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2011 10:35:00 AM More reviews by span29

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I absolutely love this Indian Healing Clay. I didn't have apple cider vinegar so I tried mixing the clay with water, tea, and milk. Mixing with water and tea results in a clumpy mess so it was hard to spread on the face. The milk provided the best consistency. I spread the mask on my face with a foundation brush because I can get an even application.

Using the clay has helped get rid of so many blackheads on my face (especially my nose). It has also helped the eczema on my cheeks! I am so happy because a lot of the redness and itchiness is gone.

The clay also works great on eye milia. Since the clay worked out so well for my other skin problems, I thought it would work for this as well. It wouldn't hurt to try. I mixed a pinch of clay with milk and applied it to the spot. After two times of doing that, the milia is gone!

During the summer when I get mosquito bites, I mix some clay with water and apply it on the bites. Let it dry and then wash it off. After that, I rub a banana peel on them and they are magically gone. I promise it works!!

I love this clay and I would recommend everyone to try it.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2011 5:48:00 PM More reviews by Devildog4025

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product is ok. I use it twice a week, on my t-zone. I don't really see much of a difference, except that it is the only product that actually takes the blackheads on my nose COMPLETLEY. I would/will keep buying it just for that.
I got 2 angry pimples when I purchased this (not related to use of the product) and I spot treated them with it... and to be honest, I felt like it made them worse. I put it on one pimple that was reluctanty to heal, and it was gone the next day. So I will update if anything fantastic comes of this, but for now, it gets a 3 on my scale. Also, I didn't have a hard time removing this at all... a little warm water and it comes right off. I mix mine with ACV and coat iton pretty think and it still washes right off.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2011 5:51:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A staple in my skin routine! It reduces my acne and I can see the results right away. When I had moderate acne, I used it about once a week until my acne cleared up. Now I only use it when I am looking for a deep clean or my skin acts up. I feel like the only negative reviews here are the individuals who had an allergic reaction to this. Before you try a more expensive brand or Glamglow, try this out first. I have never tried Glamglow since I am so impressed with this one, I have no desire to.
My local grocery store, HEB, sells this as well as Vitamin Shoppe and amazon sells this. Therefore it is readily availible. I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2011 7:58:00 PM More reviews by Remykat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

My esthetician started using this on me in lieu of the Dermalogica I was using... it worked better and is much cheaper. Mix equal parts of the clay with apple cider vinegar (ACV) in a glass dish with a non-metal spoon (I just use a clean foundation brush). I also add a couple drops of lavender essential oil, which takes care of the vinegar odor and adds a soothing quality to the mask. I paint it on with a clean foundation brush and leave on for about 15 minutes. I scrub off with a hot washcloth, then splash with cool water. This clay can clog drains, so I rinse my washcloth in the tub (bigger drain) and wipe out the dish with paper towels, disposing of the extra mix in the trash rather than in the sink. First time I used this, I stayed clear for 2 weeks- not a blemish in sight.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2011 1:44:00 PM More reviews by sweet_like_honey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin that will break out if anything even comes near it. I discovered this product on Amazon after seeing that it had over a hundred rave reviews. After reading all the hype about this mask all over the web, I had to try it, so I ran out to Whole Foods early in the morning to get my hands on a tub of this stuff. After using it for the first time last night, I can tell you that this mask lives up to all the hype. It is the BEST mask ever! I can't believe how cheap it was, too- only $7 for a 1lb tub!

This clay is amazing. My skin looks soooo good- I didn't think it did much at first but when I woke up this morning it looked like I had gotten a facial! My pores, which can usually be seen from space, were invisible. Any pimples that I had picked were almost completely healed (which usually takes 2 weeks for me!), cystic zits were just barely there and were reduced to tiny bumps. My complexion was even toned and my skin was as smooth as a baby's butt. Before using this, I had a bunch of lumps and bumps on my face (clogged pores that were all turning into pimples) and this morning they were GONE. I cannot recommend this product enough.

Also, I couldn't find Braggs organic apple cider vinegar so I had to use the regular watered-down ACV from Ralph's but I think it would've worked even better if I had used the raw, full-strength stuff. The acid is what makes it pull tight, and the ACV I bought was only 5% acidity.

After rinsing this off my face with warm water, I washed with my L'Oreal RevitaLift Radiant Smoothing cleanser and then applied my AcneFree 3-in-1 Night Repair Foam and my Neutrogena Firming Moisturizer. My skin looks amazing and I highly recommend this, it's like a facial in a jar! (I also recommend exfoliating afterwards to slough off all the gunk in your pores that this mask brings to the surface.)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2011 8:15:00 PM More reviews by kristacular1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Amazing clay mask! This stuff is intense. Great for drying up active acne and tightening pores/skin. If you mix this with ACV, I definitely would not put it anywhere sensitive/near your eyes. The reason being, this mask tightens pretty extremely and can pull at your skin. This should be a staple clay mask in every woman's life!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2011 4:10:00 PM More reviews by lusciouslyna89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ive been using this stuff for almost a year now & i still love it. At first I used it as a mask w/ ACV & definately saw improvement in my skin (less breakouts), however its still to harsh for me, because of the tightness it performs. Now i use it differently. Every night while removing my MU with grapeseed oil i dust on half a teaspoon of this for a gentle exfoliation, as well as adding some in my soap.

I've noticed that method works better for me than the mask, because it really gets down into my pores & cleans them out. I have less & less clogged pores, therefore less breakouts. I no longer need much coverage on my face, only spf & powder. I can even go bare faced if I had the courage, but am still a little insecure.

Great stuff tho! highly recommended!

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No