August 1, 2014 | 883 users online

Masks - Aztec Secret - Indian Healing Clay

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2011 7:58:00 PM More reviews by Remykat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

My esthetician started using this on me in lieu of the Dermalogica I was using... it worked better and is much cheaper. Mix equal parts of the clay with apple cider vinegar (ACV) in a glass dish with a non-metal spoon (I just use a clean foundation brush). I also add a couple drops of lavender essential oil, which takes care of the vinegar odor and adds a soothing quality to the mask. I paint it on with a clean foundation brush and leave on for about 15 minutes. I scrub off with a hot washcloth, then splash with cool water. This clay can clog drains, so I rinse my washcloth in the tub (bigger drain) and wipe out the dish with paper towels, disposing of the extra mix in the trash rather than in the sink. First time I used this, I stayed clear for 2 weeks- not a blemish in sight.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2011 1:44:00 PM More reviews by sweet_like_honey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin that will break out if anything even comes near it. I discovered this product on Amazon after seeing that it had over a hundred rave reviews. After reading all the hype about this mask all over the web, I had to try it, so I ran out to Whole Foods early in the morning to get my hands on a tub of this stuff. After using it for the first time last night, I can tell you that this mask lives up to all the hype. It is the BEST mask ever! I can't believe how cheap it was, too- only $7 for a 1lb tub!

This clay is amazing. My skin looks soooo good- I didn't think it did much at first but when I woke up this morning it looked like I had gotten a facial! My pores, which can usually be seen from space, were invisible. Any pimples that I had picked were almost completely healed (which usually takes 2 weeks for me!), cystic zits were just barely there and were reduced to tiny bumps. My complexion was even toned and my skin was as smooth as a baby's butt. Before using this, I had a bunch of lumps and bumps on my face (clogged pores that were all turning into pimples) and this morning they were GONE. I cannot recommend this product enough.

Also, I couldn't find Braggs organic apple cider vinegar so I had to use the regular watered-down ACV from Ralph's but I think it would've worked even better if I had used the raw, full-strength stuff. The acid is what makes it pull tight, and the ACV I bought was only 5% acidity.

After rinsing this off my face with warm water, I washed with my L'Oreal RevitaLift Radiant Smoothing cleanser and then applied my AcneFree 3-in-1 Night Repair Foam and my Neutrogena Firming Moisturizer. My skin looks amazing and I highly recommend this, it's like a facial in a jar! (I also recommend exfoliating afterwards to slough off all the gunk in your pores that this mask brings to the surface.)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2011 8:15:00 PM More reviews by kristacular1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Amazing clay mask! This stuff is intense. Great for drying up active acne and tightening pores/skin. If you mix this with ACV, I definitely would not put it anywhere sensitive/near your eyes. The reason being, this mask tightens pretty extremely and can pull at your skin. This should be a staple clay mask in every woman's life!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2011 4:10:00 PM More reviews by lusciouslyna89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ive been using this stuff for almost a year now & i still love it. At first I used it as a mask w/ ACV & definately saw improvement in my skin (less breakouts), however its still to harsh for me, because of the tightness it performs. Now i use it differently. Every night while removing my MU with grapeseed oil i dust on half a teaspoon of this for a gentle exfoliation, as well as adding some in my soap.

I've noticed that method works better for me than the mask, because it really gets down into my pores & cleans them out. I have less & less clogged pores, therefore less breakouts. I no longer need much coverage on my face, only spf & powder. I can even go bare faced if I had the courage, but am still a little insecure.

Great stuff tho! highly recommended!

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by Cincodemayobaby88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Just tried this stuff last night and I am totally in love! Its cheap and super powerful. I get pretty bad acne about once a month when my hormones are out of whack as well as oily skin (which is made worse by living in such a humid place) and TONS of acne scarring on my cheeks and around my mouth. I had a few spots that were deep under the skin that no matter what I did they would just not go away. I put this stuff on and the first few minutes I was kicking myself cuz I wasnt feeling anything and then all of a sudden my face tightened up to the point I could close my mouth. When I finally washed it off the deep spots had turned to white heads and all the black heads on my nose rose to the surface so I could just scrub them off with a wash cloth! My skin was tight and oil free for the first time since I was a teenager and the scars were VERY faded! LOVE this stuff and will never buy another mask!

Update: After going on a major "cleaning spree" I think I used this stuff too much. Started breaking out a bit. Now I am down to once a week and its much better. My hubby works nights and came home one morning after I had used it and told me later he was afraid I was having an affair because my skin was so glowey when he got home. Also, I started mixing it into a much thicker batch than I used to and it seems to be pulling alot more out and taking a lot less time to dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2011 9:35:00 AM More reviews by jannaaikadeja

I just used once this product since yesterday im gonna use this forever! i have a horrible acne prone and oily skin with big pores.

It really does pulsate my skin. It has been 24 hours since I used it but my skin is still so smooth and my pores tightened!

I usually go to school in Manila, the horrible pollution and stuff and I can't just believe its power is still on my face up to now.

Applying it too long to the face, made me feel some hot sensation but that's okay XD

I love everything about it the price, quality. Although they can improve their packaging and recommend other recipes aside from acv.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2011 11:52:00 PM More reviews by rachelracel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've used thisover 6 years now,having oily acne prone skin.It really pulls(pulsate)as it says it will.It does clean your pores like sucking clean and tightens them.However it can be a bit drying in some areas,so just be sure to moisturize afterwards.It's difrent for everyone,maybe for some a t-zone mask would be fine,others may can only handle spot treatments.HTH

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2011 10:51:00 PM More reviews by calanthe

I have loved this stuff for years! To be clear: you must mix this with some sort of acid; either apple cider vinegar, reg vinegar, diluted lemon juice, etc. or it will NOT mix properly. Use a non-metal bowl and utensils also. The acid makes the mask fizzy and creamy so it's much easier to spread, plus the acid helps break down the keratin plugs clogging the pores. Use it sparingly on sensitive skin, and always use a gentle moisturizer afterwards.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2011 2:07:00 AM More reviews by redcherrydrop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This mask is amazing! I have used it for 2 weeks and it really calms down my acne.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2011 2:01:00 PM More reviews by ksnell

I had oily skin before trying this mask. I've only used it a total of two times. The first time all over my face and the second time I put it on one zit and my nose and cheek area (like a pore strip) it really drew out the white head. It washed out with the rest of the mask. It really burned initially. And I could physically feel all the oil being sucked out of my face. This is probably one of the most powerful masks i own. It stung when I tool it off. My face was so dry. The weird thing is it's been several days and my skin is still uncomfortably dry. Moisturizer is mandatory and it wasn't before. I really dislike that ._. I gave it a 4 because it sucked out my whitehead but it changed my skin type and my skin won't produce anymore oil... That can't be good.... I would buy it again as a spot treatment... But unless I was breaking out really badly all over the place I wouldn't apply It all over my face ever again -_-

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No