MAC Satin Lipstick in Twig

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Glyceryl Triacetyl Hydroxystearate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax\Candelilla Cera\Cire De Candelilla, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Beeswax\Cera Alba\Cire D'Abeille, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Oil, Ozokerite, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax\Cera Carnauba\Cire De Carnauba, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Microcrystalline Wax\Cera Microcristallina\Cire Microcristalline, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Vanillin, Alumina, Tin Oxide, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Red 6 Lake, Red 6, Red 7 Lake, Red 21, Red 21 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake]

on 4/20/2003 4:07:00 AM

The perfect pinky brown, which looks natural on most. This is the first lipstick in my life that is about to see the end of the tube, which says a lot about it, for me at least. I wear it mostly layered under MAC Lipglass in C-Thru, because together, they give the ultimate nude lip. Some say it's drying, but I actually find the opposite to be true. Another beautiful way to wear it (and solve the dry lip problem) is to apply, blot, then dab a bit of vaseline or lip balm on top...it gives a natural rosy color to your lips.

on 4/17/2003 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

No wonder this is one of MAC's best sellers! A fabulous taupe/pink/brown colour with a matte finish. Oddly enough, on me it looks more taupe (I'm a PPP). On my friend, it looks really pink (she's a MMM).
This is a great neutral for just about anyone.

on 4/9/2003 11:40:00 PM

I bought this because I usually either wear glosses or darker, burgundy-ish reds. I wanted somehthing more neutral and natural. I tried a bunch of MAC colors before settling on this. It is a lovely pinkish-brown shade that is a My Lips But Better shade for me. I do agree with others that the texture is a bit drry, but this is a very polished looking, wearable shade that lasts forever on. Highly recommended.

on 3/18/2003 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This made me look old fashionedly rough. This shade combined with its dense creamy texture was a no-no. A pink with some brown to it. I thought it would be lovely, but I was terribly wrong. In a pink brown I need something sheer or shimmery. This was dry looking in texture, however I didn't leave it on long enough to see how it would wear. I like MACs lippies, but this one- I have to stay away from.

on 3/3/2003 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

"Twig" is supposedly the "Spice" of the MAC lipsticks, which looks good on almost everyone, and I have to agree. It is the satin formula, and of course has the famous nice pleasant MAC vanilla scent. Great lipstick and coverage.

Normally, I don't wear pink l/s, but I decided to give it ago at the MAC store yesterday. It was not an intense pink. It looked nice on my lips as a YLBB shade. I would probably purchase it in the future, but I ended up with a dark color because I wanted a more dramatic lip.

on 2/28/2003 1:43:00 AM

This is my 3rd tube of Twig, nice pink/brown color on my lips, good for a polished day look. Quite matte and opaque. I love the yummy vanilla smell.

on 2/5/2003 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love this color. I am a NC30 and it works perfect for my skin tone. I was hesitant at first. I usally wear darker colors. But once I tried it on I was hooked. It just made me look so nice and polished.

on 1/17/2003 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

A nice every day look and since I'm really pale, this tends to actually be a little too dark on me. Therefore I mix it with Lust L/G and voila, natural lips! I like it but wouldn't repurchase it.

on 1/2/2003 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Ok, I think I'm late to the party, but I love this lipstick. Some might find it boring, but if you're looking for something understated but pretty, then this is for you. It's a light pink/brown, can be a bit drying which can be solved by using lip balm beforehand. If I ever run out of this, I will repurchase.

Popular Lipsticks