January 29, 2015 | 1213 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick in Twig

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2003 10:32:00 PM More reviews by sleepyone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ok, I think I'm late to the party, but I love this lipstick. Some might find it boring, but if you're looking for something understated but pretty, then this is for you. It's a light pink/brown, can be a bit drying which can be solved by using lip balm beforehand. If I ever run out of this, I will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2002 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Blinkers345

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty lipstick, a pinkish brownish berry. I bought it because I heard that it was a universal shade. Its great and everything, but its a bit too dark and opaque for me to wear on its own. Its great under light glosses though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2002 4:04:00 PM More reviews by WendyW

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A little drying. I used to wear this color a lot and it looks great on a lot of people. However, I look better with more pink or rosey lipsticks.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2002 4:39:00 AM More reviews by dana

Twig is the color I gave my mother that I knew she would love. Jennifer Aniston would wear twig. Twig is a safe color. Twig has a normal schedule. Twig is in bed by 11, up by 7. Twig obeys all traffic laws and drives just below the speed limit. Twig is boring but basic. I don't hate Twig, I just could never be a Twig kind of girl. But it is a great universal neutral color.

21 out of 28 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2002 1:23:00 PM More reviews by jennyb

Although the browny pink tones of this lipstick give the impression of a natural lip tone at first glance, on me it develops an unpleasant grey, corpsey cast reminiscent of Angelina Jolie's infamous late-90's 'liver lips' look. I don't like the outdated high-pigment cream texture nor the way it dries my lips out either. Sorry MAC.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2002 12:03:00 AM More reviews by scarlet773

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

TWIG was my first MAC lipstick many moons ago. I like the color but it dries my lips out. Still I have repurchased many times because the color never fails me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2002 1:39:00 PM More reviews by legaleagle

MAC Twig really is my favorite lipstick. I sometimes wear it alone or with Spice lipliner. It is the perfect rosy, natural look for my lips. It is also not as drying as the MAC frost lipsticks are. I will definitely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2002 1:00:00 PM More reviews by candyland

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am so so so glad that I've finally bought Twig since half of the readers like it a lot and the other half don't. My lips are highly pigmented and Twig is the ONLY color that gives me the tone down neutral look. If your lips are pale, you might end up looking a little ashy though. To me, it's the A+ lipstick.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2002 10:59:00 PM More reviews by AliceinWonderland

This is sort of a boring shade. On me its a matte pink brown. Really drying texture.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2002 2:14:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This lipstick is one of my holy grails. I think it is among the most perfect not too light pinky-brown lip colors. I don't always have this lipstick with me but when I do I use it all the time. I find this color is flattering on alot of people. It seems to be a color that also appeals to a lot of people with different coloring. Personally I love it and plan to use it for as long as they make it.