December 22, 2014 | 936 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick in Twig

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2002 4:39:00 AM More reviews by dana

Twig is the color I gave my mother that I knew she would love. Jennifer Aniston would wear twig. Twig is a safe color. Twig has a normal schedule. Twig is in bed by 11, up by 7. Twig obeys all traffic laws and drives just below the speed limit. Twig is boring but basic. I don't hate Twig, I just could never be a Twig kind of girl. But it is a great universal neutral color.

21 out of 28 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2002 1:23:00 PM More reviews by jennyb

Although the browny pink tones of this lipstick give the impression of a natural lip tone at first glance, on me it develops an unpleasant grey, corpsey cast reminiscent of Angelina Jolie's infamous late-90's 'liver lips' look. I don't like the outdated high-pigment cream texture nor the way it dries my lips out either. Sorry MAC.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2002 12:03:00 AM More reviews by scarlet773

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

TWIG was my first MAC lipstick many moons ago. I like the color but it dries my lips out. Still I have repurchased many times because the color never fails me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2002 1:39:00 PM More reviews by legaleagle

MAC Twig really is my favorite lipstick. I sometimes wear it alone or with Spice lipliner. It is the perfect rosy, natural look for my lips. It is also not as drying as the MAC frost lipsticks are. I will definitely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2002 1:00:00 PM More reviews by candyland

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am so so so glad that I've finally bought Twig since half of the readers like it a lot and the other half don't. My lips are highly pigmented and Twig is the ONLY color that gives me the tone down neutral look. If your lips are pale, you might end up looking a little ashy though. To me, it's the A+ lipstick.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2002 10:59:00 PM More reviews by AliceinWonderland

This is sort of a boring shade. On me its a matte pink brown. Really drying texture.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2002 2:14:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This lipstick is one of my holy grails. I think it is among the most perfect not too light pinky-brown lip colors. I don't always have this lipstick with me but when I do I use it all the time. I find this color is flattering on alot of people. It seems to be a color that also appeals to a lot of people with different coloring. Personally I love it and plan to use it for as long as they make it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2002 5:32:00 PM More reviews by michellechar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a PPP, and this is a beautiful everyday color! The shade does tend to be drying, so I mix it with Smith's Rosebud Salve. This shade has been in my kit for 5 years, and I go through a tube every 6 months. I can't see myself ever getting tired of Twig.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2002 3:00:00 AM More reviews by monlim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

THis is an ok colour, was a neutral mauve on me. But there are so many lipsticks with this color, it beats me why anyone would choose MAC when the formula is so drying that all the cracks in your lips start showing IMMEDIATELY when you put it on!! definitely not for dry lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2002 1:25:00 AM More reviews by KarenCG

Twig is my answer to "Uncorked" which looked so awful on me! Twig is a neutral light brown-ish color, but with pink undertones in it. It's one of my most basic & used lipsticks and goes with most everything.