MAC Satin Lipstick in Twig

4.1

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Glyceryl Triacetyl Hydroxystearate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax\Candelilla Cera\Cire De Candelilla, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Beeswax\Cera Alba\Cire D'Abeille, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Oil, Ozokerite, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax\Cera Carnauba\Cire De Carnauba, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Microcrystalline Wax\Cera Microcristallina\Cire Microcristalline, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Vanillin, Alumina, Tin Oxide, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Red 6 Lake, Red 6, Red 7 Lake, Red 21, Red 21 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake]

on 7/23/2003 10:53:00 AM

I always want this color to look good on me, and MAC MAs always suggest it to me, but it never looks quite right. I think it might be a bit too brown for my complexion, but it just makes my face look lifeless. Also, it is just wayyyy too drying. After trying Chantecaille lipsticks, I don't think I can go back to MAC.

on 7/21/2003 11:10:00 AM

One of my HG staples. On me, (LLL, NC20-25) Twig is a dark pink-brown and I love it. I'm always scared to wear pink on my lips (they usually go Barbie pink on me), but this lipstick is perfect because of its brown base. I wear it all the time.

on 7/6/2003 8:54:00 AM

It is a good basic color, I had it years ago when MAC first came out in the US and now just re deiscovered it. It is close to my lips only a touch pinker and can go well with other stuff ie lipgloss in the center of my bottom lip.

on 7/6/2003 7:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm not sure what I can say about Twig that hasn't been said before, but I'm so glad to have found a rosy pink-brown that makes my lips fuller (rather than blending into my face!). The rose and brown are muted cool tones, with some peach for balance. To help with the drying problem, I usually focus on outer corners and lipline rather than the center, then dab vaseline.

This l/s was recommended to me by a MA at a photo shoot I was assisting, and I was skeptical because I have very warm colouring and this looked very cool toned. Much to my amazement though, it works! I get so many compliments with this colour. Looks great with clear gloss over it, or Lancome JT in citron (bright yellow) or MAC lipglass in Lure-X (bright yellow)-- the yellow draws out the pink tones in the lipstick. Longlasting, creamy, and dewy finish. Love it!

I bought this color based on the suggestions of pals - it is pretty, but on me, too dark and brown. I look all wrong in this color. It is also a bit drying. I am giving it to my daughter, who will probably look much better in this than I did.

on 6/9/2003 11:52:00 PM

It was a bit too cool/mauve for me. FYI, I'm NC35 right now with off-black hair and hazel eyes. My lips are also pretty pigmented so I could probably have gotten it to work with a liner but I didn't feel like putting in that much effort.

on 5/30/2003 9:26:00 AM

This was my first MAC buy years ago and my staple for many years. It is a rose YLBB, and perfect for every day. I have not used it for ages now, mainly because I am more into glosses.

on 5/16/2003 10:13:00 AM

This was recommended to me by the MA at the MAC counter. I have a hard time finding lipsticks I really like on myself but I really love this one. It's great when you want to wear lipstick but are playing up your eyes or just want a more natural look. I agree with the other reviews that it is kind of drying but I just through a lipgloss on top of it. I will definitely repurchase this one!

on 5/8/2003 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Great basic...there's a reason this is one of their best sellers. It's a muted rosey-brown, very much a ylbb kind of color. Looks great on everyone I've tried it on. Would absolutely purchase again when I ran out.

Recommended for Medium Skin