LUSH Lemony Flutter

4.3

Quantitative Ingredients * Fresh Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), * Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), * Beeswax (Cera alba), * Lanolin, * Soya Oil (Glycine Soja), * Cold Pressed Avocado Oil (Persea gratissima), * Cold Pressed Flaxseed Oil (Linum usitatissimum), * Mango Butter (Mangifera indica), * Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Oil, * Castor Oil (Ricinus communis), * Perfume, * Cold Pressed Wheatgerm Oil (Triticum vulgare), * Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), * Lavender Oil (Lavandula hybrida), * Tagettes Oil (Tagetes glandulifera), * Chamomile Oil (Anthemis nobilis), * Sodium Borate, * Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), * *Citral, * Geraniol, * *Citronellol, * *Limonene, * *Linalool, * Methylparaben, * Propylparaben.

on 11/10/2009 11:14:00 AM

Like the reviewer before me, I didn't expect so much product. It's a fairly large tub (at least for me) considering I only use it for my cuticles. I dab the tiniest amount on each nail and rub in - within one use, my ragged cuticles seem to disappear into my nails and they look perfectly manicured, even bare.

However, the smell is a little overpowering. It's very reminiscent of lemon Pledge, so I couldn't begin to use this regularly as hand cream - I would offend the entire office. I keep a tub of Lemony Flutter at my desk, right beside a tub of Smitten, and the scent of Smitten (yummy almond goodness), applied all over my hands, overtakes Lemony Flutter. The combination of both makes my hands and nails perfectly soft, smooth and moisturized.

on 11/9/2009 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I like this stuff A LOT, I was expecting a smaller tub but this thing is really big and so much product in it. I use it on my dry feet, especially my heels, and my cuticles, I love it. It has a lemony fruit loop smell that isn't really noticeable after awhile. It is really good value, I recommend it to everyone.

on 10/23/2009 6:18:00 AM

Lush used to be my go-to shop for all things creamy and bubbly (no animal testing: check - no breakouts: check - great scents: check), until I found out their shampoo (ao) was packed with Sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulphates. Commonly used stuff, which my skin does not like al all. Hence exit Lush.These days I'm on a SLS/SLES free routine, but I was not too happy about my hand cream solution. I get my hands wet all the time, so I really need a good hand/cuticle cream that is not too sticky (like all those great foot creams) but sufficiently moisturizing. After some research I found that Lemony Flutter has almost HG status among nail polishees, and being a bit of that myself, I trekked to Lush once more. I have been using it for a few months now and I am happy about every aspect of this cream: it's very moisturizing yet does not leave a sticky/squishy feeling, it smells nice, it's not too expensive and no furry creatures were hurt. In fact, this Review could have been a lot shorter:
Buy. This. Stuff.

on 10/19/2009 10:04:00 PM

wow, it's super greasy, + it never seems to get absorbed, so i use it as a night treatment. also, after a couple months, the product gets grainy. the SA says this is normal, that the lemon starts to separate. still works i guess, but it's not as nice when it's grainy.

on 10/15/2009 2:04:00 PM

Mmmm...smells yummy. It works well and unlike most LUSH products it's actually really good value for money. I only need the tiniest amount on my cuticles to soften them. An absolute essential for the perfect manicure.

on 9/29/2009 1:49:00 AM

I love lemony flutter! I've been practicing better hand and nail care for some time, but a recent change at work has me changing 500+ price tags every night which KILLS my hands. They end up so dry that sometimes my cuticles even crack. I got lemony flutter a few weeks ago at LUSH in SF and it's been love ever since. The smell is fantastic, and I love that it absorbs so well. I have noticed so much improvement in my cuticles in a short time.. One of the aforementioned cracks on my thumb healed after about 2 days of using lemony flutter and it hasn't come back! I feel like LUSH gives you a ton of product for the money, hence why I only gave it a $2 for the price. I think that my tub, even with using it generously 2-3 times a day, will probably last me past the expiration date in 11/10. Repurchasing definitely won't be a problem as lemony flutter has already become indispensable.

on 9/11/2009 10:14:00 AM

I love this cuticle butter! Not only do I use it for my cuticles, I use it to smooth down fly aways and to moisturize my elbows and knees. It is super moisturizing and doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy, like a lot of other cuticle moisturizers. I'll definitely be repurchasing when I run out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I am not religious about using this product, however, whenever I use it, my cuticles feel smoother and stronger and prepare my nails for the perfect manicure. Recommend in a heartbeat.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is fantastic... wow. I got this when I was overseas, freezing, and my hands were falling to bits from the harsh cold and wind. The moisture in this cannot be underestimated. Only use this is your hands are REALLY dry. This is definitely not for semi dry hands, as it will grease up. The smell is amazing, the texture is about the thickest I have ever seen in a hand cream, and the packaging is cute and purse worthy. I couldn't go past this. Great!

on 7/6/2009 8:57:00 PM

I received a sample as a gift, but I will probably purchase some more eventually. I like the scent, it is almost like lemony candy. It did a great job of keeping my cuticles from looking terrible. I would suggest that you get a sample before investing in a large container.

Video Reviews & Tutorials