September 1, 2014 | 1214 users online

Scrubs - Sugar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2007 12:31:00 PM More reviews by samaraiv

i adore the sugar scrub.it's cheap,affordable and can be found in every cabinet in the world.i love it when i find that the most simple and available materials can give you great results concerning beauty.
i read here that some reviewers use sugar with milk(interesting)or water,i use it with few drops of extra virgin olive oil on my face and when i'm done i take the leftovers and scrub my elbows and hands and it leaves them so soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2007 6:39:00 PM More reviews by roosevelt08

I love it- I used to try and use it bimonthly as a scrub but recentaly I started trying to use it daily or twice daily since my skins been flakey in the morning and I haven't been able to go the drugstore (the joys of being to young to drive). So I use a tiny pinch of sugar in a dixie cup and pour in the sligtest bit of milk (just to get it wet) and srub onto my face for about a minute. The milk has natural dead skin eating enzymes (thats why Cleopatra got her skin so soft!). The sugar tastes good and isn't too abrasive. So far some of the blackheads are gone on my face and people have been telling me how smooth my face is when they brush against it or put makeup on it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2007 5:19:00 PM More reviews by rockstarhk

Sugar leaves my skin super smooth. I love all sorts of homemade beauty recipes! I splash water on my face then grab some sugar and use it as a scrub (its so easy) then wash off. Its also great for exfoliating lips and body. Great for lips-use with plain water or lip balm, scrub lightly and it gives me temporary plump smooth lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2007 1:05:00 PM More reviews by girlingoldboots

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used a mix of pure white domino sugar mixed in with a small amount of cold water, and my skin glows! I just rub it in a circular motion on my face and rinse off while in the shower. I never thought to use this, but in the Feb 2007 issue of Allure, the top facialist Sonya Dakar mentions that while growing up in Germany, she admired the complexion of a 50 something year old woman, who when she asked why her skin glowed, she said she exfoliated her skin with sugar. I love finding out cheap beauty secrets and this one had great results. I will definitely continue to use this.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2006 2:24:00 PM More reviews by beatthetime

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use dark brown sugar mixed with Apricot kernel oil, twice a week. First, I dampen my skin with a bit of tepid water in the shower (make sure skin is barely wet or sugar will melt on contact). Second, I apply in a circular motion all over my body. Then I rinse off (be careful because the oil might make the shower floor a bit slick) and lather with soap. The soap will break up some of the oily residue and allow for a better shave. Last, I lightly towel dry and apply jojoba oil to seal in moisture. Works like a charm!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2006 8:09:00 PM More reviews by cuteboringlove

This has been my favorite scrub for a while now! I still wonder why people pay big bucks for fancy scrubs when sugar is the best natural way to exfoliate your skin. It's so cheap too..I mean come on! I use it like twice a week (no more than that because I use Natural glow and don't want it to fade) and it keeps my skin very smooth. And you can mix it wish your face wash if you want..I have been known to do that before. It's so simple and like one of the reviewers said..if you get it in your mouth, it tastes good! I also read in Teen People Magazine that Shakira uses sugar as her scrub. and look at her skin! So there you go...haha

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2005 9:39:00 PM More reviews by lilacmess

Sugar is better than any of the scrubs I've ever purchased. I mix it will a moisturizer or whole milk yogurt when I use it on my face and Aquaphor when I use it on my lips. Makes my skin look and feel very healthy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2005 12:27:00 PM More reviews by Artbabe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Sugar is a great exfoliant. For lips: I take a small pinch of brown sugar and mix it with a small squeeze of Kiehl's #1 lip balm (although I imagine Vaseline or any other similar balm would work), massage it gently into my lips, tissue off. Makes my lips soft, rosy, and flake-free. Brown sugar can also be used as a scalp treatment: 1 tablespoon of brown sugar mixed with 3 tablespoons of conditioner, massage into scalp and rinse. I used this once or twice when I started my no-poo routine and it worked wonders for my itchy scalp.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2005 5:13:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

Totally agree with the initial reviewer. I just wanted to add that brown sugar (as opposed to granulated white sugar) makes a great, super-gentle scrub. Just remember to store it in something air-tight, since it can dry out and harden into big lumps.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2005 4:21:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Regular sugar you can purchase from the grocery store makes a terrific scrub! I use it on my face, hands, feet and body. It's quite rough, so it polishes well. I have sensitive skin too, and have never had a problem with it. Here's how to use it: wet hands and parts to be exfoliated-for now let's say face. Wet hands and face with tepid or cool water, pour handful of sugar into hands and wet it a tiny bit so it clumps then start to apply it to your face in circular motions-nose, cheeks, chin, etc and as a final move close your eyes and gently scrub there too (TOTALLY optional step-some people do not like to be rough around eyes but I can with no problem so it's up to you). Then rinse with tepid/cool water, or even warm now. The only reason for not using warm water to start is that it'll make the sugar melt before you can apply it! The result is glowy polished skin. Then just do whatever you do normally to your face next--dry it off, apply makeup, moisturizer, etc. This also works wonders for dry, itchy winter hands, just apply a good hand lotion after. Again, it's a very rough, polishing scrub so it'd probably be best to try it on your hands or feet first if you are not sure about putting it on your face. Use maybe once or twice a week, whatever works personally. Good luck. I love sugar-it's a great money saver--a 5 lb bag is so inexpensive! Plus if it gets in your mouth when you wash your face-who cares! It's TASTY! :-p

33 out of 33 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No