December 22, 2014 | 1353 users online

Scrubs - Sugar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2007 12:15:00 PM More reviews by Booksniffer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One year ago I read somewhere that sea salt is a great body scrub. I tried it and have never looked back.Yet I have never been able to use it on my decollete. I find it painful there and it leaves me with unsightly scratches, no matter how careful I am.That is when I started to experiment with the 'sugar scrub'.So effective and so cheap ! No chemicals, not tested on animals, no plastic bottle or tube...In fact it is so cheap that I make sure I use real good quality sugar, like whole cane sugar ( mine is from fair trade).It is high in minerals and trace elements, plus it is much more gentle because it is finer.Sometimes I mix it with baby cleansing milk and use it on my face, neck and decollete. I follow wih a pink clay mask and then a few drops of natural oil.I have sensitive , normal to dry skin, so I do this only about once in a fortnight ( but I scrub my body with sea salt once a week).

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2007 11:37:00 AM More reviews by grouchie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using sugar for ages as well. I agree that brown sugar makes for a more gentle scrub then white sugar. I use brown sugar with water for my face, sometimes I add olive oil when my skin's dehydrated (I live in Alberta, the air is super dry). On my body I usually use white sugar and olive oil (although, I've also just used plain old vegetable oil as well) twice a month or so to exfoliate and keep me soft & moisturized!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2007 3:19:00 PM More reviews by xprincessxamandax

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

omg amazing it got rid of all my flaky skin and black heads on my weird combo skin

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2007 12:31:00 PM More reviews by samaraiv

i adore the sugar scrub.it's cheap,affordable and can be found in every cabinet in the world.i love it when i find that the most simple and available materials can give you great results concerning beauty.
i read here that some reviewers use sugar with milk(interesting)or water,i use it with few drops of extra virgin olive oil on my face and when i'm done i take the leftovers and scrub my elbows and hands and it leaves them so soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2007 6:39:00 PM More reviews by roosevelt08

I love it- I used to try and use it bimonthly as a scrub but recentaly I started trying to use it daily or twice daily since my skins been flakey in the morning and I haven't been able to go the drugstore (the joys of being to young to drive). So I use a tiny pinch of sugar in a dixie cup and pour in the sligtest bit of milk (just to get it wet) and srub onto my face for about a minute. The milk has natural dead skin eating enzymes (thats why Cleopatra got her skin so soft!). The sugar tastes good and isn't too abrasive. So far some of the blackheads are gone on my face and people have been telling me how smooth my face is when they brush against it or put makeup on it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2007 5:19:00 PM More reviews by rockstarhk

Sugar leaves my skin super smooth. I love all sorts of homemade beauty recipes! I splash water on my face then grab some sugar and use it as a scrub (its so easy) then wash off. Its also great for exfoliating lips and body. Great for lips-use with plain water or lip balm, scrub lightly and it gives me temporary plump smooth lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2007 1:05:00 PM More reviews by girlingoldboots

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used a mix of pure white domino sugar mixed in with a small amount of cold water, and my skin glows! I just rub it in a circular motion on my face and rinse off while in the shower. I never thought to use this, but in the Feb 2007 issue of Allure, the top facialist Sonya Dakar mentions that while growing up in Germany, she admired the complexion of a 50 something year old woman, who when she asked why her skin glowed, she said she exfoliated her skin with sugar. I love finding out cheap beauty secrets and this one had great results. I will definitely continue to use this.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2006 2:24:00 PM More reviews by beatthetime

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use dark brown sugar mixed with Apricot kernel oil, twice a week. First, I dampen my skin with a bit of tepid water in the shower (make sure skin is barely wet or sugar will melt on contact). Second, I apply in a circular motion all over my body. Then I rinse off (be careful because the oil might make the shower floor a bit slick) and lather with soap. The soap will break up some of the oily residue and allow for a better shave. Last, I lightly towel dry and apply jojoba oil to seal in moisture. Works like a charm!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2006 8:09:00 PM More reviews by cuteboringlove

This has been my favorite scrub for a while now! I still wonder why people pay big bucks for fancy scrubs when sugar is the best natural way to exfoliate your skin. It's so cheap too..I mean come on! I use it like twice a week (no more than that because I use Natural glow and don't want it to fade) and it keeps my skin very smooth. And you can mix it wish your face wash if you want..I have been known to do that before. It's so simple and like one of the reviewers said..if you get it in your mouth, it tastes good! I also read in Teen People Magazine that Shakira uses sugar as her scrub. and look at her skin! So there you go...haha

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2005 9:39:00 PM More reviews by lilacmess

Sugar is better than any of the scrubs I've ever purchased. I mix it will a moisturizer or whole milk yogurt when I use it on my face and Aquaphor when I use it on my lips. Makes my skin look and feel very healthy.