Annick Goutal Petite Cherie

3.4

on 7/15/2002 10:09:00 AM

I didn't like this at all. It's too sweet and to my nose, there is a strange nearly cloying smell to the dry down. Not for me at all!

on 6/15/2002 9:20:00 AM

Liked this so much I actually got a small bottle of the pure parfum. I now use a dab and layer the EDT on top; that way it lasts all day! No question that this is a little sweet for some people (OK, a lot too sweet). But to me the predominant note is peaches, and that and the marvelous grass note bring lovely memories of long summers in the Deep South where I grew up. It brings out my inner (deeply buried) southern belle.

on 5/29/2002 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I usually love pear scents, but this was overbearing. It gave me a headache, and made me sneeze. There is something in here besides pear that I can't stand. I believe it is a grass note, which is pretty authentic, if you like it!

on 5/28/2002 11:44:00 PM

To me, this fragrance is the sheer embodiment of summer. This is a gorgeous fragrance comprised of rose, peach, pear, fresh cut grass, and vanilla. Unfortunately, Annick Goutal falls short on staying power once again. I have a couple of eau de toilettes of other Annick scents both were a complete disappointment in this area, so I even went so far as to purchase the eau de parfum of Petite Cherie. It just barely outlasts her eau de toilette =(! I like Annick Goutal fragrances, but I doubt I will purchase them in the future. THEY JUST DON'T LAST LONG ENOUGH! *UPDATE 04/03/03: A little disgusted with the staying power I made the mistake of giving this away. Now, here it is Spring and what am I craving? Petite Cherie! *sigh* Guess I'm off to get a little bottle...
Adding a lippie. continued >>

on 4/26/2002 5:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've long been looking for a fragrance that is not so common where i live and would suit my personality and so far, Petite Cherie comes closest. I love the unusual element of grass in it and enjoy the fruitiness. I also love the how this fragrance develops with clear top, middle, and basenote - giving it a complex, full-bodied quality that I look for in a fragrance. As I live in a tropical cliamte, Petite Cherie's scent is just perfect - light but complex enough but not overpowering or cloying. It's also not a commercial favorite over here - which I like - I hate smelling like everyone else :)

on 3/24/2002 7:25:00 PM

This is another fragrance that I used to love but can no longer tolerate. I like the fresh top notes of pear and grass, but the drydown is too vanilla-y and powdery. It's just a little too childish for me, which is odd because most Annick Goutal fragrances smell quite old-fashioned to me.

on 3/8/2002 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Petite Cherie is unique because it is a mix of unusual scents. I got the edt and loved the top notes of pears, which quickly wore off to the Grass scent, which was okay. The fragrance was too light and I could barely smell it after an hour and ended up returning it.

on 3/2/2002 11:46:00 PM

I found this to be incredibly sweet and heavy, not to mention migraine inducing. I cannot understand the popularity of this fragrance, but YMMV. I swapped mine away immediately.

on 2/7/2002 2:16:00 PM

A heavy over-ripe (almost to the point of expecting knats to fly around) pear scent. I couldn't tolerate it at all.

on 1/5/2002 7:40:00 PM

This is one of those fragrances that I initially liked but ended up not working on my skin. It turned on me and it was not a good thing but I'm sure it would be great on others.

Popular Fragrances