October 2, 2014 | 987 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - The Body Shop - Chamomile Eye Makeup Remover

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2004 10:58:00 PM More reviews by girliex601x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

for some reason, it does not too well w/ eye make-up and burns ur eyes if u are not careful when rubbing over ur eye. it left my skin feeling a lil sticky afterwards. the bottle does contain a good size amount for the price and it seems really gentle on the skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2004 10:17:00 AM More reviews by MtnBikeGrl

I love this product! I bought it on a whim, browsing thru The Body Shop, because I was very unhappy with my Clinique solvent (read review). The Body Shop only makes gentle products, so I went for it. I was pleased I did, because it swipes on with a cotton square easily, and doesn't feel harsh at all. I splash on water before my cleanser goes on, and the makeup is on its way out. The chamomile is very gentle, and unlike the Clinique stuff it didn't irritate the fragile skin around my eyes. It lasts a long time, but I will definitely repurchase when I run out!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2004 10:33:00 AM More reviews by ReinaInNYC

This is supposed to be a gentle remover. I once got some of it in my eye and it wwas stinging like crazy.

This is extremely greasy and does not do a great job of taking off waterproof liners and mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2004 8:10:00 AM More reviews by nink006

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this one while it was on sale and I was just used it up. It's a nice product, quite gentle for my sensitive skin, and it cleans well (even waterproof mascara).
Just wanna try something else, otherwise I'll buy this one again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2003 12:44:00 AM More reviews by careroll

i love this.. it's so gentle and perfect for sensitvie eyes. def will rebuy again

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2003 1:20:00 AM More reviews by VanessaVQ

I too experienced a burning sensation around my eyes that I have never experienced with any sort of face cleanser or make-up remover before. it says its gentle so i'm not sure who they think that applies to because generally, my skin is not sensitive at all. i really had to scrub to get my make-up off too, which probably made the irritation even worse. i went back to using baby oil which doubles as an excellent make-up remover and around-the-eye moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2003 4:13:00 PM More reviews by chaoz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Very good makeup remover!!! Don't get it in your eyes or it may burn... But I still think it's very gentle, quick, and effective... I use this even on my waterproof stuff and hard to remove shadows and liners... it takes them all off with minimum effort... this is remover's a staple...

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2003 12:09:00 AM More reviews by umiri

This product was a big disappointment. It was neither "gentle" nor a "makeup remover." I'm not kidding. It did not perform better than most drugstore brands. I would rather spring the extra 3 dollars for clinique's take the day off remover. (which is WONDERFUL and GENTLE) The most irritating thing (literally) was the stinging sensation in the eyes. You would think they would be able to avoid that since it says on the bottle that it is a "gentle eye makeup remover."
I DID NOT like this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2003 2:51:00 PM More reviews by leilaverde

It worked for quite a few of my friends but it stings my eyes unfortunately! Definitely a no-no for me coz my eyes r sensitive, even when the price is relatively reasonable.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2003 3:38:00 AM More reviews by ameka

This works! It gets rid of all my eye makeup -including stubborn waterproof mascara-, and doesn't make eyes red, itchy or sting. It sometimes dries out the skin around my eye but that problem is easily remedied with a lil eye cream. This is a good product that's reasonably priced and does its job well.