Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

3.5

INGREDIENTS: Kaolin, Silica, Zinc Laurate, Polydecene, Magnesium, Phenyl Trimethicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cholesterol, Linoleic Acid, Lecithin, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben. May Also Contain: Mica, Bismouth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, and Ultramarines......... (Jan 2010 )......... Ingredient list: Talc, hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, lauroyl lysine, phenyl trimethicone, zinc stearate, dimethicone, calcium silicate, silica, hydroxyapatite, isostearol neopentanoate, trimethylsiloxysilicate, triethoxycaprylylsilane, sorbitan sesquioleate, tetrasodium edta, chlorphenesin, potassium sorbate, mica, iron oxides.

on 4/24/2006 3:44:00 PM

This product does what it promises but I do NOT like the colors... the don't enlighten my face.

on 4/24/2006 5:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

YUCKKKK !!!!!!!!!!! I'm confused of the review of this powder in MUA, cos there're 2 sheer matte powder, the 1st list is bas reviews and in here is good reviews. I did check Clinique's web site, but there's only 1 sheer matte powder. Anyway, I've been loyal to MAC Blot for years now and I have extremely oily acne prone skin, cystic etc. I'm 25 now and still suffer from this acne esp PMS time and at this age, I'm trying not to change skin care brands all the time as I liked to do except for makeup brands. Skincare is more serious stuff. Oh my goodness, I bought this powder in Stay neutral at first for my light-medium Asian yellow based skin tone, turned out to be TOO Neutral (pinkish n yellowish tone) not for me at all, it's more caucasian skin. So, I exchanged with Stay Golden and suits me the most. I wore this powder with my Bare foundation also other day w TARTE foundation and other day w Bourjois light found. This powder is HORRIBLE, it looks CAKEY and MASKY after 1 hr. I touched up 3 times in a day w this powder, I just can't wait to get home n wash my face right away. I looked so dark cakey(my Bf commented on me), very thick powdery look. It's like sticking in your face really bad. That kind of sponge also mainly used for powder foundation. I don't know why Clinique use that kind of sponge for pressed powder w/o found type. It's so wrong !!!

Ohya when I used it w Tarte n Bourjois foundation, I just looked really bad, something like red native Indian skin. I was so piss and I washed my face again after 30 mins putting on my make up. Cos, this powder is so GROSS looking on my face. With MAC Blot, the texture is so sheer, yet U see the coverage and makes u glowy not shimmery or shiny. I need to blot like 5 times if I go out the whole day to evening and MAC Blot really refresh my look, not cakey at all, totally natural, it just stops the oil. I had bad exp w T Le Clerk powder as well, so cakey. I don't why Clinique products never work on me for some reason. The skincare line doesn't do any benefit on me and the makeup line is horrible colors I think, the quality is not good compared to other brands, even drugstore brands is better than Clinique. Sorry Clinique !!!! I'm goin to return this powder tom and buy MAC Blot again.

on 4/2/2006 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've been wearing 'Stay Beige' for about 6 years and it is absolutely wonderful.
Makes my oily skin look nice and smooth. My sister converted too and now wears 'Stay Honey.'

on 3/30/2006 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

When i first bought it i was a little iffy but the next day when i did a touch up it looked really good. My mum was like your face looks very pretty. Let me tell you it is not a powder to set ur foundation but it is a great oil controler and i have oily skin and it made my skin looked silky and not oily or shiny at all...It didnt break out either and i have problems with acne. By the way i am black with yellow undertones and i wear stay honey.

I would recommend it only as a touch up oil controller powder not to set ur foundation.

on 2/11/2006 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

o god... this is really bad. i dont know how to discribe it but i made my face look really dirty and patchy. and on top of that it somehow made me even more oilier than before!? might have also caused breakouts haha wtf.. basically did the opposite of what it said it would.

on 2/10/2006 11:52:00 AM

Very nice powder for oily skin. I have it in Stay Buff and I'll never go back to the drugstore brands. It's great for touching up shiny spots during the day. Worth every penny!

on 2/7/2006 8:56:00 PM

Great powder! I use this in Stay Golden #17, and it matches my NC35-40 skin fairly well. No changes in color or breakouts for me so far (knock on wood). It takes away shine and leaves me with fresh, porcelain-looking skin. Overall, I think it's a great product at a reasonable price, especially compared to other pressed powders out there. Would definitely repurchase.

on 1/26/2006 11:48:00 AM

This power is a must if you have oily skin. It gives it a wonderful matt finish, and one doesn't even need foundation under the powder to see an noticeble difference. It's long lasting, i.e, evben if using everyday. It's just a wonderful powder...

on 1/21/2006 5:54:00 PM

This is the compact of powder that's been relegated to my laptop bag. I wouldn't swear to it, but I think the color is begining to morph in the pan. It's still suitable for the occasional touch up, but it's not my favorite.

on 12/15/2005 3:39:00 AM

This pressed powder has been my HG for about 12 years.
I have always had oily/combo skin, this powder goes on sheer but has good coverage.
It's priced well for its quality. I use #01 Stay Buff.
The only power that comes close would be Estee Lauder's Double Matt