September 20, 2014 | 1594 users online

Liquid - Shiseido - Sun Protection Liquid Foundation SPF 42 PA+++ [DISCONTINUED & REFORMULATED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2008 1:58:00 AM More reviews by mujigae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

LOVE this,

its my favorite. the foundation itself is very smooth and delicate on the face and doesnt come off in the hot weather!!!... im extremely acne prone and this doesnt give me any pimples!!!
    I've used alot of foundations before but this is the one that im going back to.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2008 9:29:00 PM More reviews by sureleey

Acne prone users, BEWARE!!! I was really excited about all the great reviews here and the high SPF. Initially, I loved the product because it covered well and went on smoothly. I did notice the pasty face in flash pictures like others warned about, but didn't mind overall.

3 weeks into the foundation, I started to get really deep clogged pores. The kind where it starts of as little, uneven bumps, then in a couple weeks, it grows into a full blown zit. When I took it back, the MUA says this foundation makes the top of their return list. Apparently, many people have a reaction to the high SPF so they end up returning it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2008 9:40:00 AM More reviews by LMfanatic

I really wanted to like this product. I bought it because MUA said that this was the most popular foundation choice among 'acne-prone' users. Wow, that couldn't of been more wrong in my case! I really loved it initially - coverage was perfect, went on great, but as the day wore on my face just FELT disgusting and greasy... and sure enough, my clear face had 4 deep cystic like bumps by the end of the day. Must be something about the high SPF that doesn't agree with my face, but boy, I am still dealing with the effects of wearing this foundation. Will not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2008 10:24:00 AM More reviews by honeybunny19

This a staple for me year round. I am pretty hardcore about SPF and this is the only stuff that I trust (I usually layer on titanium dioxide / zinc oxide sunscreen moisturizer as well) to adequately protect my skin. I can tell it works...when I go on vacation (either to the beach or the ski slopes) my complexion still remains the same, despite the fact the my skin naturally tans very quickly.

A plus is the great, non-oxidizing coverage that really covers all those pesky little red marks, and stays that way! No oiliness, and I never use a powder with this foundation. It lasts and lasts. I use a cleansing oil at night to remove this foundation, and it works for me. It may be a bit mask-like but personally I like the full coverage.

My skin is NC30-35 right now. I usually use the 50 and 60 colors blended together.

The only thing that I do not like is that its not a great nighttime / special events foundation. It just does not photograph well, due to the high sunscreen content (producing that dreadful white face / tan body look in photographs). While it looks fine in person, camera flash is not a friend to this foundation. I'm still looking for a decent full-coverage foundation for nighttime w/o sunscreen. Will try Cle de Peau cream foundation next.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2008 4:22:00 AM More reviews by hillybilly78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great foundation, have been wearing it for a couple of years now. I love Shiseido foundation colours as they arnt pink or orange. SP60 is the best color match i have ever found in this foundation, the compact is also awesome in this range too....though the color is slightly lighter when applied with a wet sponge.
    I wouldnt recommend this foundation to people with dry skin, great for combination and oily skin as the staying power is good.
    Words of advice though when appplying this product:
    Dont use the spong it comes with...it soaks up all the foundation, use your fingers and spread fast and evenly to ensure a smooth finish. Also use a good moisturiser, but i wouldnt wait for your moisturiser to dry before applying the foundation other wise your foundation might go on patchy.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2008 8:58:00 PM More reviews by enjoyj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have used this in SP40 occasionally for about a month now. I have Asian combination skin with sensitive dry cheeks and oily t zones with enlarged pores. I am not comfortable in heavy color. My goal is a makeup free look, therefore I want a foundation to even out my skin tone, cover up some acne discoloration and most importantly, lighten up my dull skin tone. (I guess I probably will be alone here since I am not looking for an exact match of my skin, I want sth better. ) It does all that, thus I will be repurchase, but there is sth wanting.

Pros:

* High SPF, No need for additional sunscreen

* Lighten up my skin

* Last for a whole day without changing color

* Medium coverage

* Minimize the appearance of pores nicely

* Feel really light on skin, which is great in summer (I tried EL's double wear light, it's nothing compared with this)

* Matt finish

* Have a good oil control

Cons:

* It's dry. You really need a good moisturizer before this, otherwise the dry flakes on my skin are definitely going to show. (I guess that is the price you pay for being light)

* It's a little bit difficult to blend with just my fingers since it dries up fast.

* It's water-resistant, thus very difficult to get off without oil based makeup remover. I hesitate to make this move because I used to break out badly.

I like it, but because it's difficult to get off, I think I will just use this one in summer time when I need to be outside. For indoor usage, I will use sth easier to get rid of, like a tinted moisturizer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2008 8:04:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using this product for three years now and I use it in Summer. Basically it’s the foundation I use when I sunbathe – I never expose my face though as I have spots and I don’t have to have getting them browner :o)
    So while my body toasts under the sun, my face stays in shade wearing 50+ SFP and this great Shiseido foundation on top.
    Pro's:
    1) It’s the only foundation I have found so far with this high SPF.
    2) it’s very good for the beach as it does NOT melt, fade or go away. It's waterproof!!!

Well. There are quite some downsides.
    1) The colour range is almost non-existing (here in Europe we have a dark beige called SP60 and a light pale beige called SP40); I have both shades, for when I am still pale and the other one when the rest of my body is dark.
    2) it breaks me out.. it’s a bit on the heavy - but that's what you get for a full coverage!! & I guess putting so many chemicals (2 layered heavy SPF's) does not help out your skin breathing.
    3) well… when you apply it with your fingers, then you need to wash your hands & it does not go away easily with soap... you need waterproof make up remover. This is annoying on your hands but defintely positive for your face as it demonstrates its huge staying power !!

I am still buying it as I said, it’s the only foundation with this high SFP protection.. but I guess they could get the formula a bit better!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2008 4:05:00 PM More reviews by reihasama

I hate the appearance of this foundation...the container is plastic and opaque, so I have to guess how much is left in the bottle. The shade selection is also extremely limited, but it's at least better than the powder, where every single shade looks too dark and orange. It comes with a sponge, which absorbs foundation like nothing else, if you want to waste money, use the sponge. Using a foundation brush makes it look streaky. Using your fingers is your best bet, but be prepared to use an oil cleanser on your hand afterwards cause this thing will NOT come off your fingers with regular soap.

Those are all the negatives, but I'd still buy the damn thing again. It has amazing SPF for those fanatical about their sun protection. It controls oil like nothing else; use this on top of the Shiseido SPF 55 sunscreen, with some powder, and you're set for the rest of the day. This, of course, means that it's a b*tch on a stick to remove at the end of the day, you have to use an oil-based cleanser to get it off. Great coverage, may be too heavy for some, but it's great for me, and I'd purchase this again until I find another foundation with equally high and reliable sunscreen.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2008 9:47:00 AM More reviews by illuminate1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Stopped at the Shiseido counter recently to oogle at all the skincare and make a decision on some SPF face cream. The SA showed me this foundation instead. I never just purchase things like foundation w/o trying them first so I received a sample. I must say it takes a really light hand. I made the mistake of dipping my brush in the sample and it was overkill, made me look like I was wearing a mask. The next time I tried it, I dapped spots on my face and blended in with my brush. It really turned out nice! I also liked that it is water resistant/transfer resistant, its got hella staying power. I really am becoming more and more impressed with things from this line. I love the mascara base, the hydro-cream shadows and now this foundation. I will be purchasing this when I go back. I like the fact that I won't have to apply SPF after my lotion, I can just go straight to the foundation. **EDIT~ I accidentally spilled some of this on my sink and let it dry. It took an act of God to remove it. Water resistant it is, as well as Comet resistant!**

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2008 5:56:00 PM More reviews by MMarie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am very oily and this foundation is great for my skin type! I use a MAC 187 brush to apply it and that really helps a lot. You do not need to use much of this foundation, a little goes a long way. I really like the staying power it has on my oily skin and also the way my face looks while wearing it. Which is not a mask but yet enough coverage to look better than my natural (bare faced) look. The biggest benefit is the spf it contains in it. Which usually spf makes me greasy but not this one-yea!! It comes in a bottle with a tiny tip so you can shake it up well and pour out a small amount (aka no waste). I do wish that the cost was cheaper, but it does last a long time & if it works for my super oily skin, that's all the better! I would encourage all oily to very oily ppls to try this foundation. I wear SP60 by the way & I am a NW30. HTH!!