September 18, 2014 | 1374 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Almay - Moisturizing Eye Makeup Remover Pads

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2006 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Lgrieco

I need to learn to read the reviews on this board before I make a purchase. I was at Target and I picked up a few "cheapo" products. Normally I spend $$$ on cosmetics, but I'm trying to save a little money and I figured let me try something new that won't bust the bank. Oh my goodness....this product is NOT for me. This is quite oily and even after I washed my face (there is no way you could use this and not rinse/wash after) I felt as if I had oil in my eyes. I am so happy this product works for some reviewers because it is cheap, I paid $4.89. But despite the great price, it is too oily and I found myself squinting for a little while after I used this. Will try to return it.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2006 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Jennipooh74

disgusting product. I thought I would like it for the convenience of having little pads, ew! I took a pad out, wringed it to remove some extra oil (very oily), then used it on my eyes. It not only did NOT remove all my eye makeup (apparent by the raccoon eyes the next day), but also left a film all over and gave me blurred vision for a long time even after wiping the stuff away with a cotton ball. real loser product in my books. it's going straight to the trash

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2006 2:11:00 AM More reviews by GlitterEyes

Waaaay to greasy! Ugh! While it maybe be mositurizing, it feels like pouring baby oil on your eye lids. Yuck. It removes eye makeup pretty well, better than Alamay's Non-Oily Pads, but too greasy that it's not worth it. I had to scrub my eye lids with a wash cloth after using this...and my vision still seems foggy from the oil.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2006 2:21:00 PM More reviews by rlop

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

**this review is for the new liquid bottle version***
This contains mineral oil and is very oily. However, it completely removes all eyemakeup cleanly and with no effort at all. I used to use Almay's dual phase eyemakeup remover for years and didn't think I could find anything to replace it--- but this one does and tops it. I'm very happy with product.

Note: It will leave an oily residue behind but I was already used to this with the dual phase remover, so I just dab a piece of tissue to area and it absorbs it nicely.

I also tried their new "oil free" version before this one and was completely unhappy with it. It didn't easily remove any of my eyemakeup with some rubbing & tugging of eye area. I'm glad I didn't give up and went on to this "moisterizing" version. I highly recommen

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2006 5:11:00 PM More reviews by Robyn27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The only good thing about this product was convenience. I like the pads, as opposed to liquids, gels or creams. But it's so disgustingly greasy! I'm a contact lens wearer and could not put my contacts in for a few hours after using these pads because the oil got in my eyes and made them "cloudy". It was such a yucky feeling1 I took them back to Shoppers Drug Mart and bought the non-oily ones, which I use regularly and love!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2006 9:20:00 PM More reviews by JillMarie3

This is the easiest eye make-up remover that I've found. It is kind of greasy, but that's why the make-up glides off so easily. I just rinse off my eyes after and then do my usual face wash. I love this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2006 5:36:00 AM More reviews by smirkums

I admit this is pretty greasy but hey, you need that to take off WP mascara (and eyeshdaow that sits on a sturdy e/s base like UDPP).
I took off one lippie because I have to wash/rinse my eye area a few times w/ soap after before doing my usual skincare regime. My eyes take a little while to adjust from the bluriness.These pads make taking off eye make-up a snap, with just a few little wipes and poof it's all gone! No more waking up w/ remnant mascara smudges under my eyes in the morning for me!

Still, after I finish this container, I won't be repurchasing this again for the time being, as I'll be looking for a slightly less greasy, less blur-inducing remover.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2006 4:45:00 PM More reviews by tropical___pinkk

Okay, so I got these pads because I thought that they would dissolve my mascara better than the Almay non-oily version. Well, the pads sure were convenient, and they did get rid of my mascara and eye makeup completely, but they left my eyes so greasy. I mean, I don't mind some greasiness, but this was just gross. The only way I would get rid of it was to use a facial washcloth and wash quite tough around my eyes.

I have used these pads for several months and was quite satiated with their job, but... eventually I noticed that my eyes were always getting SO dry and irritated that I would need eye drops 24/7! (I also realized how many better options there were out there...) When I used my friend's makeup remover, and my eyes were not dry, I made the connection. They pads irritated my eyes to no end, and are SUPER DUPER greasy, I mean, I could squeeze them and get drops of oil out of the pads! Eww...

Summary: pads are extremely convenient, but were also EXTREMELY greasy, and irritated my eyes like crazy. I now use Pond's Bare and Repair makeup remover, and I love it so much more. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2006 3:31:00 PM More reviews by gillian1975

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well, they do take eye make up off and are non-irritating but that is about all I can say. They are pretty messy to use and I prefer using a lotion on a cotton pad which I think is much more economical anyway.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2005 2:46:00 PM More reviews by elina1979

Okay, personally I like the greasiness of the product, especially since I use these at night and wash my face immediately afterward.

The oiliness makes it so you only have to dab, not pull, at your delicate eye area and the makeup comes off easily. And the more moisterizing, the better is my personal opinion concerning eye stuff (espcially makeup remover). No irration and very convenient. I do take off my contacts before using these.