Maybelline Ultra Liner Waterproof

3.0

on 6/10/2009 1:15:00 AM

This is my favorite liquid liner. Is it perfect? Do I think I'm going to find anything better? No & no.

This is the only waterproof liner I have ever used that actually lives up to it's promise. It peels off rather than washes off, but I prefer it that way due to the staying power. Every liner up until this has smudged throughout the day. I'm seeing a lot of people say its too shiny, but I haven't noticed ANY shine at all.

I don't really mind the brush nor do I find it as hard to use as everyone's complaining. It could be simpler to apply, but all in all the applicator is not a con in my book.

My only complaints is it's hard to put on my bottom eyelids because it gets caught in the lashes & then smudges. However that's not uncommon with liquid liner.

on 6/5/2009 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Great for doing cat eyeliner. I bought this several years ago and ended up throwing it away because it had the BRUSH applicator rather than the FELT. Once I got used to applying eyeliner more often , I thought I'd try it again....and I LOVED it! It doesnt smudge and dries quickly enough but not too quickly.

However, I have found that if I apply too much in the corners of my eyes it tends to "break up" and flake which looks stupid and is highly annoying. But for the most part I really like this and it's easy to use.

i thought this product was fantastic at first! the color pigment was great, and it went on nicely. but then throughout the day, it flaked and became.... scaley. it was really gross. i wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

on 5/31/2009 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I was at an event backstage about 2 years ago and someone left this e/l behind in my m/u case by mistake. It sat there that long up until a few days ago when I was out of liquid liner and needed something that was super dark and perhaps waterproof to seal my mac #7 lashes in. Soooo, of course I went ahead and used this. At first glance the brush immediately had me concerned. It was so tiny and flimsy but alas, I was able to create a flawless line. Surpringly, I found this liner to be really rich and dark. A bit on the glossy side like other reviewers had mentioned though. Now, the waterproof part is a joke. This stuff rubs off with one splash of water!!! If you in a bind like I was and this happens to be around you (like it was for me) then by all means use it. But if you are a serious dark liquid or gel e/l wearer, skip this and invest your $ in something else.

on 5/29/2009 1:36:00 PM

The only negative is that it gets shiny after it dries. I like very matte liners that look more charcoal like, this looks really shiny but the quality is good.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i LOVE LOVE LOVEEEEEEEEEEE this product!! I've been using it for about 4 years now and it's just so reliable for me... I have reallyyyyy oily skin and every eye-liner i tried would always smudge by the end of the night or do something weird and make me look like a hot-mess by the end of the night, but this eyeliner stays PUT. i have NEVER had this come off at all, and let me tell you i have the oiliest skin you can imagine. I think the reason people say it's flaking for them is cuz they have dry skin, so just make sure you moisturize and you'll be fine!! Trust me guys that if you buy this you won't be dissapointed, if it can work on my skin (which NOTHING else works for me) trust me that it'll work for you!! :)

on 5/24/2009 5:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I don't use this for my eyes, but I draw my "brows" on with it. It's the only liner I've ever found that really won't run or smudge, no matter how oily my skin gets...if it comes off, it peels off like latex, which IMO is much easier to fix than a big smudge across my face. The brush is pretty tiny and good for intricate designs, but I almost wish it had a skinny felt-tip instead - more control than a brush. Still, I haven't found anything better for what I use it for!

on 5/11/2009 12:23:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This baby has been around a looooooong time! How long? Don't know exactly, but it was my go to swimming pool/lake eyeliner back when I was 15 or so. I'm 40 now, and I tried this awhile back for old times sake-the bottle pretty much looks the same, but I bet the old stuff was different. Probably had toxic ingredients back then, cause it never, EVER ran, flaked or wore off then. All day frying my skin and swimming. The experiment recently was not good-practically peeled right off. This is ok, but these days there are better options. I like seeing the old stuff hang around, though, for nostalgia reasons.

on 5/10/2009 12:04:00 PM

I read really good reviews on this product and wanted to try it out. I tried it and it started to flake. It doesn't apply thin enough either. I haven't seen any reviews that said this eyeliner irritated my eye, but it did. After I put it on it kind of stings. I'm not sure if its because it was my first liquid eyeliner, but i would not recommend this product.

on 5/10/2009 12:42:00 AM

I have this in a dark brown shade. Yes, I have experienced peeling too, but only after sleeping with my makeup on. This liner is the easiest liner I have ever used. The brush is perfect, makes a very even line. I've been using this every day for a few days and I couldn't be happier. It works best on the lid, not so well on the lower lash line.