August 22, 2014 | 1174 users online

Powder - Palladio - Wet/Dry foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2007 8:27:00 AM More reviews by ruthcline

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG foundation so far! I have oily, tanned skin and I need a powder foundation in the summer. I didn't want to spend the $ on estee lauder's double wear and decided to pick this up at sally's after reading raves on mua. neroli bronze is PERFECT match for my skin, which is lucky since they do have limited color selection. I apply it dry with sponge and that is beautiful coverage. I really love looking at my skin with this on. not cakey like some other and not too sheer like clinique perfectly real powder. also it stays beautiful light brown and doesn't turn orange like so many. for $10, i am so pleased!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2007 7:28:00 PM More reviews by annabananasmith

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am just amazed by this product. It provides medium, very natural looking coverage and superior oil-control. My skin is super-oily, but I only saw a little oiliness peaking through after an 8-hour work day. A little pat with a Palladio blot paper took care of that in a snap and I was good to go for another 6-8 hours.

I wear the lightest color, Laurel Nude (Chanel DPC Vanilla, Clinique Perfectly Real Compact 102, MAC Studiofix N4), and it is a perfect match. I have not seen this change color on me, and it has not irritated my sensitive skin in the least.

I highly recommend it to oily-skinned ladies who are looking for an affordable powder foundation. At under $10, this just can't be beat. I prefer it to all the other foundations I've spent an arm and a leg on.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2007 12:45:00 AM More reviews by shayrah

This is a really good pf. I use the lightest color and it isn't as good as my hg smashbox petal, but the price is soooooo good and the color isn't bad. I use this as my everyday pf. I use a brush to apply. Covers nicely. No problems.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2007 4:44:00 PM More reviews by treyscrap

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I would recommend this wholeheartedly, if they had a better color range. I use the lightest, Laurel Nude, and it's still to dark for me (MAC C2). Formula is really smooth and natural looking. I use a brush and layer it as needed for more coverage. It lasts about 4 hours for me before I need a touch-up. It hasn't caused any breakouts or reactions. It smooths over my crater pores, until I need to touch up. It also seems to darken on me as the day goes by, but I think that's due to the color being slightly off for me. *** UPDATE*** I've started to use Palladio rice powder as a primer before using this foundation and it's made a huge difference. The color stays the same throughout the day for me and my oilies are reduced significantly. I still wish this came one shade lighter though :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2007 1:05:00 PM More reviews by dachua

I really like this foundation. The color selection is poor, most of the colors are too pink or orange, but you can probably find one that is a passable match. I tend to be very oily, but by mid-day, instead of 'greasy' my skin looked dewy. I used it on my lids too, and it makes a great base--shadow stayed on with no creasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2007 5:04:00 PM More reviews by hownowbrownmj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this stuff...I'm on my 3rd compact. I like it much better than pricier wet-to-dry foundations. A lot of people here say it's too "orangey"--and if your undertone is pink/blue...then that may be true. But, if you have yellow undertones, Palladio's shades will work for you. The texture is wonderful, the packaging is very good. And the price cannot be beat. I love mineral makeup, but this gives coverage that MM can't.

UPDATE--> I adore this makeup even more if I use the MAC skunk brush, MAC brush No. 187. The coverage is amazing...almost "airbrushed" in quality. I dampen the skunk brush and then swirl the powder and then buff my face with it. Gorgeous!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2007 3:56:00 PM More reviews by JOSIE73

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have very sensitive skin , but the Zinc Oxide in this foundation helps prevent my skin from breaking out. You can use it dry if you want a more natural look or wet if you want maximum coverage. The best thing is the price. You can get it at Sally's for US$10.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2007 6:07:00 PM More reviews by lindsaylapoet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation has thoroughly impressed me, and foundations never seem to impress me because I'm picky. I want a foundation that will cover flaws, but still let my natural radiance shine through (in other words, I don't want to look like I'm wearing a mask). I think I've finally found it. I apply this dry after lightly moisturizing my face. Then I dampen the sponge and apply again over areas that need a tad bit more coverage, like around my nose where there is redness. Applied this way, the foundation is amazing......it looks like my skin is airbrushed, and honestly, you can't tell I'm wearing makeup.People tell me my skin looks baby soft. Another bonus is that it really holds the rest of your makeup on all day long. I've always loved cream blushes for the dewiness factor, but they never seemed to last long because of my oily skin. Blush just adheres beautifully to this product. I use it under my eyeshadow and the shadow never creases, and over my lipliner before gloss ( the liner never bleeds this way). This product is a dream!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2006 6:33:00 PM More reviews by Msgdfx1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Purchased this in Cappucino (sp?) at Sally's recently. It was marked down 50%. Was concerned about the color choice as I fall somewhere between this shade and the next lightest, but, decided to take a gamble because it was so cheap. If I sheer this out, it gives me lovely, poreless coverage. I had been using L'oreal Minerals and this is so much nicer looking that the Minerals. I intend to go back to Sally's and buy up the rest of the stock. (LOL)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2006 1:02:00 PM More reviews by heathernicole27

I have used this product for four years, sometimes as a foundation and sometimes just as a touchup for other face makeup. I really really love this product. It makes my skin smooth and covers up redness. I will definitely continue to repurchase this powder.